- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lake Como
Best Hotels in Lake Como
- (4 hotels) Como hotels
Como Luxury Rooms 2 rooms from $96Lake Como
A boutique guest house with sleek modern bedrooms decorated in cool grey colours. An ideal base in the heart of Como Old Town - plenty to explore on the doorstep. Breakfast can be enjoyed in one of the many cafes on the street and coffee is provided in the room. Simplicity at its finest.Local exploring - Great location in the heart of Como Old Town - ideal for exploring on foot, or easy access to the lake and its boats.Value chic - This sleek property has two rooms with prices starting from just €90 per night including breakfast.Great walks - Ride the Funicolare to scenic walking routes
La Canarina B&B 2 rooms from $102Como
A charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como. Bedrooms are simple and airy with natural wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, all overlooking a beautiful private garden. A good location to explore Como on foot with plenty to see from the doorstep and just 200m from the lake.Local exploring - Located in the centre of Como, you're ideally placed to explore on foot.Value chic - Beautiful rooms from just €95 per night B&B.Great walks - Travel up the Funicular and enjoy walks for all abilities overlooking the lakeSights nearby - Como Cathedral is just minutes away
Hotel Villa Simplicitas 16 rooms from $86San Fedele Intelvi, Lake Como
Nestled in the hills above Lake Como and Lake Lugano, this charming unpretentious country house offers simple, unfussy bedrooms with gorgeous garden views. Relax in the lounge or play a game of billiards. The restaurant serves Italian dishes out on the veranda. A laid-back retreat.Country Escape - Surrounded by Italy's rolling hills this is a quintessentially bucolic experienceHideaway - A simple yet secluded escapeSailing - Sailing available on Lake ComoSights nearby - A short drive to Lake Como
C Hotel & Spa 18 rooms from $191Cassago Brianza, Lake Como
Decorated in a modern style C Hotel focuses on elegant minimalism. Bedrooms have floor to ceiling windows, chic stone tiling and the latest technology. Guests can enjoy the spa, swimming pool and gym. The restaurant menu combines contemporary flavours with traditional Italian cuisine.Spa breaks - There is a modern and spoiling spa for ultimate relaxationCountry Escape - A totally chic hotel in a countryside settingSights nearby - Lombardy boasts 7 World Heritage sitesSailing - Sail in nearby Lake ComoRecommended by - Tablet
Casa Sull'Albero 12 rooms from $152Malgrate, Lake Como
Set in a scenic garden of tall trees with panoramic views of Lake Como. This modern villa has chic, contemporary bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows decorated in a minimalist style. Guests are invited to treat this as their home - come and go as they please and enjoy the honesty kitchen.Back to Nature - Floor to ceiling glass walls bring the outside - insideTotal relaxation - Surrounded by parkland with lake viewsSecluded setting - For escaping.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Alpe del Lupo 3 rooms from $107Blessagno, Lake Como
A chic off the beaten track B&B with three stylish bedrooms that combine modern Italian furniture with traditional interior features. Plus there's a large communal dining room and relaxing lounge both with large fire places - perfect for groups. Lots of activities nearby and excellent value too.Groups - With just three rooms, take over the whole property and make the place your own!Hideaway - A beautiful off the beaten track locationSights nearby - Hosts have local knowledgeRestrictions on children - Adults only
Villa Lario 5 rooms from $406Pognana Lario, Lake Como
Chic Italian architecture meets modern luxury. Elegant all suite accommodation (two corner suites with wrap around balconies), right on Lake Como's shore. Enjoy watersports from the private jetty or relax by the elegant infinity pool. A fine Italian restaurant and stylish lounge complete the pictureLocal exploring - Ideal luxury base for explore Lake Como and the surrounding areaViews - Stunning views over Lake Como to the mountains beyondGreat walks - There are great walks for all levels of fitness in the surrounding countrysideCooking classes - The chef runs cookery classes for hotel guests
Casa del Portico 4 rooms from $139Mezzegra, Lake Como
Casa del Portico is a charming B&B with gorgeous flower filled gardens in a quiet spot. Simple yet stylish and comfortable rooms blend traditional and modern features and offer lovely lake views. And there's an apartment for independent sorts! Great value in a prime location for exploring Lake Como.Local exploring - Great location for exploring the southern end of Lake ComoHideaway - A lovely spot, slightly off the beaten track.Great walks - The Greenway or the Larian Mountain routesSights nearby - Visit local Private Villas and GardensRecommended by - Sawdays
Locanda Osteria Marascia 5 rooms from $86Calolziocorte, Lake Como
Located in a quiet village just a short drive from Lake Como. This traditional hotel has a charming rustic chic feel with exposed beams, stone walls and antiques galore. The fantastic cellar restaurant serves home-made Italian dishes - the host's recipes have been perfected over five generations!Value chic - With doubles from just €80 per night including breakfast, these smart rooms are excellent valueLocal exploring - Great location for exploring the Italian LakesGreat walks - Parco Regionale di Montevecchia e della Valle del Curone. There are good routes for all abilitiesSights nearby - Spend a day in Milan
About Lake Como
All our Lake Como collections:
- Lake Como's best B&Bs
- Best budget hotels on Lake Como
- Best Lake Como hotels for an active break
- Best hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
- Best luxury hotels on Lake Como
- Best hotels with a view on Lake Como
- Best places to stay in Blevio
- Best places to stay in Cernobbio
- Best places to stay in Laglio
- Best places to stay in Lezzeno
- Best places to stay in Tremezzo
- Best places to stay in Varenna
Zooming out of the tunnel on the train from Milan, Lake Como is laid out in front of you in all her spectacular beauty. Beauty based not solely on natural assets - the pristine waters, the mountainous backdrop, the sprinkling of small islands - but also on the charm of the little towns surrounding it, many of which host the best places to stay in Lake Como.
A lot of these towns are unspoiled by the area's popularity, and many of the well dressed locals seem to prefer things to remain the same. In fact one of the charms of Lake Como is that despite all the visitors it receives, it still feels like a working region, rather than a tourist trap. And locals are friendly, not pushy.
Lake Como's shoreline is dotted with pretty towns, including exquisite Bellagio and Menaggio, quiet old fishing village, Varenna, and centre of the region, Como. Lecco is Lake Como's other major town, but there are plenty of smaller hamlets worth considering if you're looking for the best places to stay in Lake Como. For those who maybe think that they'd prefer to book an apartment or villa, then click here to access our online booking partner, booking.com.
As well as its beautiful location, Como is also known for its Duomo, one of the best examples you can find of Gothic Renaissance Fusion, and for being the silk capital of the world.
One of the highlights of any trip to Lake Como has to be a boat trip. Most ferry you between Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia.
Known as a hotspot for wealthy folks, Bellagio's glamour is so famous that it can be a bit overrun near the quay. But if you venture upwards, on the street which is all steps. you'll still find the old appeal.
It's not impossible to do Lake Como on a budget, and Varenna is one of the best places to stay in Lake Como if you're watching your wallet.
For five star luxury
- If you're looking for ultimate luxury and relaxation in a truly glorious setting, the Casta Diva Resort and Spa is one of the best places to stay in Lake Como. Naturally it's five stars, and its two restaurants are excellent. But it also has a wonderful floating swimming pool, and a subterranean spa hewn into the rock of the shoreline.
For lakeside situation
- If you want to be right on the lake, take a look at the Villa d'Este. Villa d'Este is one of the more traditional five stars, the kind with grand state rooms, chandeliers, heavy fabrics, private balconies and private boats. So if you want classic Lake Como grandeur and glamour, this will be perfect.
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a ten room townhouse hotel right on the lake. With rooms starting from less than £100 a night it's also a good choice if you're on a budget
For great value
- For sheer elegance, one of the best places to stay in Lake Como is Hotel Florence. Bellagio is sophisticated as well as 'A-List Preferred', and even though this is far from one of Bellagio's top priced hotels (doubles start from only €145 per night), it still offers a gourmet restaurant, and an excellent spa. And private balconies from which to absorb every inch of the glorious view that you can.
- Albergo Milano is a one of our picks for families. As well as 13 double rooms and one triple, they also have three apartments within the hotel, so there's plenty of choice. But in addition to the practical features it's also quite charming! Set amongst the whitewashed town it's got wonderful views from its very good restaurant.
For holiday villas or apartments
- For a wide selection of holiday villas or apartments all round Lake Como, our online booking partner, booking.com is the place to go.
Still not sure where to stay? Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Lake Como, or call, or email, one of our gurus for advice. Alternatively widen the net and check out our recommendations in Lake Garda or Lake Maggiore.