- ✓ Check Prices and book online
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Madonna di Campiglio
Search the best hotels in Madonna di Campiglio
Best Hotels in Madonna di Campiglio
Biohotel Hermitage 25 rooms from $170Madonna di Campiglio (Trento)
Wonderful family run hotel and spa a bus ride from the nearest ski lift. Traditional but chic, huge bedrooms and suites have wooden floors, wooden ceilings, big beds, neutral tones and fantastic views from private balconies. Michelin star restaurant and fabulous spa. Family friendly and romantic.Skiing - Free shuttle bus to the liftsFoodies - Michelin star restaurant.Spa breaksActive HolidayRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Chalet del Sogno 18 rooms from $234Madonna di Campiglio (Trento)
Lovely 5 star chalet with beautiful suites. Wood, wool, lime, and local stone make up the entire building attesting to its eco-label certification. Sumptuous rooms, family rooms and suites with private balconies. Excellent spa and restaurant. Comfortable and cosy, but still chic.Skiing - Just 25m from the piste!Active Holiday5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa
DV Boutique Hotel 20 rooms from $309Madonna di Campiglio (Trento)
A boutique hotel in a mountain top village with an excellent spa and restaurant. Naturally constructed bedrooms have wooden floors and animal hides strewn around. Some have private balconies, private sauna or wooden stove. An excellent spa hotel for an active mountain holiday, family friendly too.Skiing - Shuttle bus to the Spinale cable carActive HolidaySpa breaksBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
About Madonna di Campiglio
Tiny Madonna di Campiglio is the most glamourous of the Dolomites' ski resorts. And for many visitors this quality is more relevant than the quality of the skiing. This in turn means that the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio are of a uniformly high quality too!
For the Après-ski!
Madonna di Campiglio's spectacular location, in a deep Dolomite valley between the mountains and the glaciers, creates a dramatic backdrop for the pretty main square with its lovely church. And this is a good place to start your promenading. Which is something a lot of Madonna de Campiglio's visitors do before or after supper.
They're not in it for the exercise though, they're all about being seen. Ladies, if you have a fur, bring it. Gentlemen, if you don't have a fur, a formal style coat will do. Despite the temptation don't stare, the aim is to walk around nonchalantly, attempting the pose of a Milanese fashionista. Some of the people your eyes graze will be Milanese fashionistas, so there's plenty of inspiration.
To really see the grandeur of Madonna de Campiglio, the best time of year to visit is during the Habsburg Carnival in late February. This annual event remembers the patronage of Austrian royalty Franz Joseph and Elisabeth in the 19th Century. Celebrations involve costumed pageants and fireworks displays. And the fashion at this time of year is even more frou-frou.
- If you want to sleep next door to the Milanese fashionistas, one of the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio is the DV Boutique Hotel. The decor favours natural fibres, but used in a modern chic way. Naturally the spa and restaurant are excellent. Some rooms have their own private saunas and wood stoves, so this is the ideal choice if you want to treat yourself.
- For more traditional luxury book the Hotel Chalet del Sogno. Rooms are sumptuous, and come in family sizes too. Wood, wool, lime and local stone are all the building is made of, and it has some pretty impressive eco-credentials.
Skiing Madonna di Campiglio
Just like the folks who gather here, Madonna de Campiglio's 150kms of runs are well groomed. There's some variation in difficulty, and plenty for more experienced skiers to have a crack at. The fact that it's considered a bit high end means that the cheap packaged ski tour groups aren't really that interested, which means hardly any queuing.
Snowboarding is pretty popular here as well, and the ski parties are world renowned - think international DJs and top bands.
- Owner managed and traditional, the Biohotel Hermitage is one of the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio for families. Room and suites are huge, with wooden ceilings and big beds, and there are fantastic views from the private balconies. On top of all that the restaurant has a Michelin star, so it works for foodies too!