- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Dog Friendly Hotels in Cornwall
Cornwall is one of the top holiday destinations in the UK for several reasons. The Beaches are one, the moorland another, the beautiful countryside a third. What better destination to take your pampered pooch. Needless to say the selection of dog friendly hotels in Cornwall is getting better all the time, as properties recognise that their guests like to bring their four legged friends too!
For a broader reach try Dog Friendly Hotels in the UK - The Ultimate Guide
Surfers love Cornwall for the massive waves on the North Coast. So, if you're staying at a dog friendly hotel in Cornwall, a walk along a beach from which people are surfing is ten times more exciting than an everyday dog walk.
Dog Friendly Hotels Cornwall - The North Coast
- Up the North coast at Boscastle, The Old Rectory, where Thomas Hardy met and fell in love with his wife, Emma Gifford is now a charming dog friendly B & B. A note of caution for owners of dogs who are soft fruit pickers or chicken chasers - there are hens and ducks and also fruit and vegetables growing in the garden.
- Rick Stein’s Jack Russell, Chalky, appeared with him on television frequently so it is no surprise that the rooms attached to his Seafood Restaurant in Padstow are dog friendly, despite the tempting cookery courses on offer.
- The purpose-built church to Cornish coolness that is The Scarlet at Magwan Porth Beach, excludes children but is dog friendly. The floor to ceiling windows ensure that guests get maximum enjoyment from the views of the sea and there is an Ayuverdic spa.
- The excellent family friendly Bedruthan Steps Hotel just along from the Scarlet welcomes children enthusiastically as well as dogs. The only place children are excluded from is the adults-only dining room.
Dog friendly hotels on the West Coast of Cornwall
- The Gurnard’s Head Hotel near Zennor is the definition of a laid back dog friendly hotel in Cornwall. A less worrying place to take a dog is hard to imagine. The bedrooms are simple and quietly country-stylish without being flash. The food here is popular with locals and visitors alike and everything is locally sourced including the beer.
- Mousehole, where The Old Coastguard is situated sounds like the kind of place that would appeal to most dogs and be a terrier’s dream. Owned by the same family as the Gurnard’s Head, it is run with the same laid-back charm.There are big open fires for dogs to spark out in front of after a long run on the beach. Affordable fun at its best.
Dog friendly hotels on the South Coast of Cornwall
- Fowey Hall in the village of Fowey is extremely welcoming to children, so much so that under 16s stay free in their parent’s room. It is one of the many dog friendly hotels in Cornwall. There is a crèche, nannies and special activities for children but no special activities laid on for dogs. It is 5 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes from the Eden Project. Dogs are not allowed at the Eden Project but they provide sheltered parking spaces and water taps in one of the car parks.There is very good dog walking on the bridle paths and trails around Eden which are accessible from the car parks.
- The main hotel at the Cornwall Hotel Spa and Estate near St Austell is in a 19th century manor house and there are 22 separate woodland homes for those who prefer self-catering.There are views and walks to be enjoyed down the Pentewan Valley and the hotel has two places to eat. The more casual Acorns Brasserie and The Arboretum for guests who feel like the full restaurant treatment.
- The wonderful windy cliff-top location of the Trevalsa Court Hotel near Mevagissey attracts guests who come for the dramatic views and comfort of this cosy Arts and Crafts style hotel.
- The Coastal path is directly below the hotel and there is a steepish slither down to a private cove with a bracing climb back up. A strong dog, eager to get back for a bowl of food could be just the thing to help you up the last few metres.
Trevalsa Court Hotel 15 rooms from $171Mevagissey, Cornwall
Elegance and understated style make up this romantic Arts and Crafts coastal boutique - a home away from home. Standing on the cliffs, the sea breeze makes for a blowy Cornish escape. Comfortable rooms decked with paintings and log fires. Enjoy locally sourced food at the wood paneled restaurant.Total relaxation - Chill out in your plush room overlooking the bay, take a morning stroll to the beach or sit and watch the fishermen at work.Local exploring - Ideal spot for exporing the Cornish coast by sea or land, full of hidden treasures and secluded spots.Sights nearby - Mevagissey Village is just ten minutes down the road and is an ancient fishing village with a Grade 2 listed double harbour.Sailing - Plenty of boat rentals available, head out with a skilled skipper or charter your own course.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Old Rectory 4 rooms from $104Boscastle, Cornwall
Where Thomas Hardy met his wife, now a welcoming B&B. Secluded, tranquil and romantic- the traditional rooms feature, large sash windows and delicately patterned curtains. Lovely walks and a charming walled veggie garden. Beautifully cooked cornish food. Ideal for a typically British country stay.Eco break - Dedicated to sustainablity- where possible produce comes from the gardens and farm and power comes from their solar panels.Country Escape - A stunning Cornish country house with chickens roaming the garden and fantastic walks from the property.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch from the hotel and set out to explore the rugged coastal landscape just five minutes away.Surfing - The nearest surf beach is Crackington Haven, a ten minute drive away.Recommended by - Fodors, Good Hotel Guide
Seafood Restaurant 32 rooms from $135Padstow, Cornwall
Beautifully simple rooms attached to Rick Stein's renowned restaurant. Splashes of blue's and white give a Cornish flourish. Friendly and well trained staff are a pleasure. The restaurant hardly needs an introduction. The perfect weekend escape.Foodies - Renowned for his seafood prowess this restaurant has become a must visit for all foodies in Padstow.Back to Nature - Right on the sea, watch the fisherman at work, before head out on an exhilarating coastal ramble.Fishing - Leave from Padstow harbour for a morning fishing trip and hopefully catch some dinner!Sailing - Sail out of Padstow and explore the beautiful coastline, an idyllic day out.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Scarlet 37 rooms from $239Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Contemporary furniture and modern local art adorns bedroom walls. Great sea views from the cocktail lounge and stylish hotel restaurant. Fantastic spa facility for ultimate relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby.Romantic Break - You, your loved one (and even the pooch) can enjoy an indulgent coastal staySpa breaks - Excellent spa with a range of Ayurvedic treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolGreat walks - South West Coast Path.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Bedruthan Steps Hotel 101 rooms from $195Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa.Eco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledge, see website for further details.Groups - This hotel is ideal for an active creative group holiday with workshops, open air theatre and plenty of fun facilities.Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments- heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, activities, nursery and kids club its ideal for all the family.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Gurnard's Head Hotel 7 rooms from $141Zennor, Cornwall
A charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. A magnet for walkers, the traditional rooms are designed to afford every comfort to these weary travelers. An informal coastal gastropub serves up the best local ingredients, cooked to perfection. Simple, characterful and homely.Exclusive offer - The Winter EscapeRestaurant - Excellent locally sourced foodGreat walks - Take part in the interesting and informative foraging walks with Caroline Arkley.Surfing - Sennen Cove is the best known beach in the area, and very popular with surfers.Views - Sweeping coastal viewsRecommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Old Coastguard, Mousehole 14 rooms from $165West Cornwall
Fun, laid back hotel with good food and spectacular views out to sea. Rough edges, simple rooms, very hospitable.Exclusive offer - The Winter EscapeViews - To St Michael's Mount and the LizardGarden - Tropical garden down to the seaQuirky - No TVs - and an eclectic mix of furnitureOutstanding location
Fowey Hall 36 rooms from $214Fowey, Cornwall
Small country house hotel overlooking the south Cornish coast, kitted out for families, with pool and spa - so beware if you have none in tow.FamiliesSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolViews - Great views from hotelKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate 65 rooms from $104St Austell, Cornwall
Traditional meets woodland contemporary at The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate. Large bedrooms are tastefully designed and the spa is top notch. If you prefer to self-cater they can offer 5 star Woodland Homes with all the hotel benefits.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.