- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best Hotels for Families in Cornwall
Cornwall’s long coastline and wealth of family friendly attractions make it a wonderful place to spend quality time with your kids. So our Gurus have slaved away, forcing themselves to look at idyllic coastal view after idyllic coastal view, and tasting an endless array of fish and chips, tolerating the calming effect of innumerable pools and spas, to bring you their recommendations for the best hotels for families in Cornwall.
There are so many beaches to choose from, from pebbly clear-water bays to sandy surf beaches, and all those smugglers and pirates tales that go with them; then there’s Tintagel Castle, supposedly the birthplace of King Arthur and the mystical wonder that is St Michael’s Mount. As far as modern attractions go it’s hard to top the Eden Project or the Tate St. Ives!
As far as we’re concerned the best hotels for families in Cornwall are those which tick all the boxes for all the family. They need views, beach or pool access, a great family friendly restaurant and other facilities, friendly service, the possibility of some time to relax for the adults in the party and then something special to make them stand out as one of the best hotels for families in Cornwall.
The Best Hotels for Families in Cornwall
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel in Mawgan Porth, has a fantastic position overlooking the ocean. And some of the 101 rooms share the ocean view. The interiors are modern and there’s a restaurant specialising in locally sourced ingredients, so you can imagine what they serve. There are also two pools and a spa.
- Fowey Hall is a small country house hotel well known for being family friendly. It’s very well kitted out for kids with a pool and spa and views over the coast.
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock, has great views over the Carmel Estuary, 16 modern, airy rooms and a lively restaurant serving healthy, modern meals.
The Best Beach Break Hotels for Families in Cornwall
- The St Moritz in Trebetherick is an airy, 48 room hotel with easy access to a surf beach, two pools, a Cowshed spa and a friendly atmosphere.
- The Polurrian Bay Hotel is right by a great, sandy beach, and there are wonderful sea views from many of the 39 bedrooms. There are also indoor and outdoor pools and a spa and a gym.
- Then there’s the glorious Talland Bay Hotel, just two minutes from the beach and surrounded by sub tropical gardens. The hotel has a New England feel, and there’s an award winning, but relaxed, restaurant and you’re just 40minutes from the Eden Project.
The Best Great Value Hotels for Families in Cornwall
- Tommy Jacks Beach Hotel in Bude is a modern 20 room hotel with a surf-y vibe and some fascinating fish tanks. Great for a beach break, and rooms start from £72 per night.
- If you’re looking for a family escape The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate is a good option. There are lovely large bedrooms, but also self catering Woodland Homes, which have all the benefits of the hotel, but without having to worry about noise or space. It’s a drive to the beach but you’re surrounded by green and leafy countryside.
- The Godolphin Arms is a great family escape just along the coast from Penzance and right on the beach so you get the best of both worlds. There are just ten rooms, some with spectacular ocean views, plus a friendly restaurant and bar.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels for families in Cornwall might be perfect for you?
- Check out our Guru’s list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall
Bedruthan Steps Hotel 101 rooms from $202Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa.Eco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledge, see website for further details.Groups - This hotel is ideal for an active creative group holiday with workshops, open air theatre and plenty of fun facilities.Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments- heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, activities, nursery and kids club its ideal for all the family.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Talland Bay Hotel from $121Cornwall
Glorious hotel set in 2 acres of sub tropical gardens just two minutes from the beach. Stunning interiors feature sleigh beds, funky fabrics and bedrooms have a New England Beach House vibe. Award winning fine dining or more relaxed Brasserie. Perfect family friendly beach-chic retreat!Back to Nature - Views of the sea and the coastal path just 2 minute walk away keeps you in touch with natureGreat walks - Miles of coastal paths can be explored right from the Talland Bay Hotel doorstepSights nearby - The Eden Project which is just 40 minutes easy driving from the hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.
St Enodoc Hotel 16 rooms from $248Rock, Cornwall
Charming beachside hotel with views of Camel Estuary. Modern, breezy rooms are chic and comfortable. The lively restaurant serves healthy, modern dishes. Vibrant and cosy, with top marks for stunning location and warmth of service.Families - Family suites, games room, special kiddies menus and a wealth of fun beachside activities make this an ideal family getaway.Foodies - Fresh, local, seasonal produce is used in the hotels seafood restaurant to create flavoursome innovative cuisine.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with nautical blue and white interiors and plenty of water based fun at hand.Surfing - The hotel will organise a private surf lessons with George Stoy, a perfect introduction to Cornwall's most popular sport!
Fowey Hall 36 rooms from $223Fowey, Cornwall
Small country house hotel overlooking the south Cornish coast, kitted out for families, with pool and spa - so beware if you have none in tow.FamiliesSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolViews - Great views from hotelKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Godolphin Arms 10 rooms from $114West Cornwall
Recently renovated, family run beachside hotel on the unspoilt Cornish coast with beautiful views and modern, well-equipped rooms. The restaurant and bar offer local Cornish dishes and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Suited for families and couples alike due to excellence of staff and location.Bar - Beachside barSeaviews - From some rooms.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate 65 rooms from $108St Austell, Cornwall
Traditional meets woodland contemporary at The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate. Large bedrooms are tastefully designed and the spa is top notch. If you prefer to self-cater they can offer 5 star Woodland Homes with all the hotel benefits.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Polurrian Bay Hotel 39 rooms from $153West Cornwall
Family friendly hotel in an incredible setting with a fabulous sandy beach a stone's throw away. Breathtaking sea views can be enjoyed from the comfort of lovely, airy, bright bedrooms. Indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and gym combined with the sea air means you can't help but feel rejuvenated.Child friendly - Polurrian Bay Hotel has an Ofsted-registered crèche and there are indoor and outdoor play areas.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.FamiliesKayaking - Go on a kayaking or coasteering trip with Lizard Adventure.
St Moritz 48 rooms from $153Trebetherick, Cornwall
An airy, stylish and family friendly seaside hotel near great surfing and walking. Offers a Cowshed spa, two pools and good deals off season.Great walks - Good for walkers.FamiliesSurfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools