- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
Goodness, it's crowded on the Riviera these days! And it can be a tough job to find a room in one of the best Côte d'Azur beach hotels. But if you’re prepared to put up with the traffic, the brash holidaymakers on the beaches, the sheer press of people in the towns and villages and the wild expense, then you’ll be rewarded by the sunshine and glamour that the Côte d'Azur still undeniably possesses.
The press of flesh, even glamorous, highly cared for flesh, will leave you with the need for a cool, comforting hotel in which to retreat to. Somewhere chic, but not too fussy or glitzy, with the ambiance of a calm oasis… And these hotels do exist, you just have to know about them: and they form the backbone of our Guru’s list of the best Côte d'Azur beach hotels. And some of them won’t even remotely threaten to break the bank.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for Glamour
- La Voile d'Or was once a famous spot - it’s not clear why it’s fallen from favour, but it goes in your favour as it exclusive charm, antiques, good food and private beach are now more accessible.
- Or try the hugely glamorous ‘A’ list Cap Estel, a Mediterranean mansion on a private clifftop peninsular with its own beach, beautiful saltwater infinity pool, spa and gourmet restaurant.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for Perfect Views
- Brise Marine in St Jean Cap Ferrat is an Italianate villa hotel with 16 simple, traditional rooms and glorious views.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for Romance
- Le Roquebrune in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin is a romantic, six room hotel with beautiful rooms, private breakfast terraces, an excellent seafood restaurant and beautiful ocean views.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for Great Value
- La Jabotte in Antibes is an adorable nine room hotel with rustic charms and a charming, orange scented sealed courtyard, with prices starting from below £60 per night.
- Also below £60 per night, but with excellent ocean views too, is the Hotel les Deux Freres, an old schoolhouse renovation turned nine room hotel in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin,
- or the Windsor in Nice, a quirky mid-sized hotel with an exotic garden.
- You can even find one of our best Côte d'Azur hotels for great value in Cannes itself, Le Canberra, a cool 1950s hotel in a great location minutes from the centre of town and the beach, with a room rate that starts below £75 per night.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for a Beach Break
- Le Bailli de Suffren has a fabulous location right by the sea with direct beach access, but it’s also got an enormous pool and sun deck, a spa and three restaurants.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for Privacy
- Le Ferme d'Augustin is right on the coastline a short distance out of St-Tropez and Tahiti Beach surrounded by lovely private, green gardens of lemon and olive trees.
- If you want privacy in the heart of things then try the Chateau De La Messardiere a luxurious, secluded resort with a large pool and spa overlooking St-Tropez bay.
The Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels for Families
- Epi Plage is a fun and fashionable seaside resort with a relaxed atmosphere and Californian-style wooden chalets just a short hop from St-Tropez.
If you can’t find your idea of the best Côte d'Azur beach hotels on our Guru’s list,
- expand your search to include our Guru’s complete list of the best places to stay on the Côte d'Azur,
- come back off the beach and refine your list to the best hotels in the Côte d'Azur’s hills,
- or choose a popular Côte d'Azur base, and search for the best places to stay in Cannes, the best places to stay in Nice, or the best places to stay in St-Tropez,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
La Voile d'Or 45 rooms from $423Côte d'Azur
A romantic historic hotel on the coast, in the heart of Saint Jean Cap Ferrat just ten km from Monaco. Exuding old world charm through white walls, parquet floors and antique furnishings. Good food, spectacular views and very well located for local exploring in this most exclusive part of the coast.Sights nearby - Visit the royal Palace Monaco at 11.55am for the daily changing of the guard on the square in front.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor salt-water swimming pools with stunning sea views.On the beach - Private beach, small and rocky.Full of character
Brise Marine 18 rooms from $169St Jean Cap Ferrat, Côte d'Azur
An Italianate villa hotel on Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, only ten km from Nice and Monaco. The simple traditional rooms open onto charming flower-filled terraces with glorious views. A green oasis of calm two minutes walk from beautiful Riviera beaches.Local markets - Visit Nice's exuberant flower, fruit and local produce market in the Cours Saleya, just behind the Promenade des Anglais.Great walks - Take in the wonderful views of and from the peninsula by following one of the coastal paths.Sights nearby - La Chapelle Saint HospiceSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel les Deux Freres 9 rooms from $86Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, Côte d'Azur
Les Deux Freres is a 19th century renovation of an old school house with stunning views over the coastline and Monaco below. Old-world classic glamour all the way. Gastronomic restaurant with terrace for soaking up the vista. Great location, very romantic, unrivalled views.Views - Stunning views over the Cote d'Azur and MonacoOutstanding locationGreat walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Cap Estel 18 rooms from $993Côte D'azur, Côte d'Azur
Hugely glamourous Mediterranean mansion on a clifftop peninsula. Stunning views out to sea from private balconies and luxury rooms. Private beach, salt water infinity pool, spa, gourmet food. A pearl of the ocean. Romantic, gourmet, luxury, "A" list.Swimming Pool - Salt-water infinity pool overlooking the sea and Indoor poolBeach nearby - Private beach.ChicOutstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
Windsor 54 rooms from $137Nice
Eclectic and quirky hotel with original decoration and an exotic garden. Good value, set back from the seaside but within walking distance of all Nice has to offer. Rooms decorated, some wackily, by local artists. Laidback and informal with plenty of character and charm.City Style - This stylish hotel with rooms designed by contemporary artists, is perfectly located for absorbing the nightlife and beaches.Total relaxation - Chill out in the shady garden, take a dip in the hotel pool and avail of the on site spa treaments and hammam.Great walks - You'll have great fun exploring the narrow, cobblestone pedestrian streets of Vieille Ville de Nice, just 900m from the hotel.Local markets - Check out the Monday morning antique market on the Cours Saleya.Recommended by - I Escape
Le Roquebrune 6 rooms from $137Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, Côte d'Azur
A romantic little hotel on the coast with ocean views and beautiful bedrooms. Creamy rooms have private breakfast terraces and all the mod cons. Excellent seafood restaurant serves dinner, a short walk from the beach and the main attractions. Very romantic and good value too.Romantic Break - Romantic terraces, creamy rooms, and ocean views.Foodies - Fantastic seafood restaurant.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Grimaldi Forum, Japanese Garden, Casino Monte Carlo and Monaco Harbour.
La Jabotte 9 rooms from $91Antibes, Côte d'Azur
An adorable hotel with rustic charm. An intimate sanctuary with an orange scented courtyard and comfortable bedrooms in pastels and mauves. A lovely and friendly hotel suitable for families and those looking for something more understated.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Bailli de Suffren 55 rooms from $171Le Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer, Côte d'Azur
The perfect beachside hotel in a fabulous setting. Directly on the seafront sits a luxurious spot that includes large rooms and suites with private balconies and ocean views. An enormous pool and sun deck area, three restaurants, and therapeutic spa. A glamourous choice for a beach break.Luxury - Stylish with all the amenities and direct access to the beach.Foodies - Three excellent restaurants to choose from.Views - Spectacular ocean views.Beach Life
Le Ferme d'Augustin 22 rooms from $171Ramatuelle, Côte d'Azur
Fabulous coastline farmhouse hotel within striking distance of St. Tropez and Tahiti Beach. Wonderful greenery in the garden viewed from sunlit rooms and suites with private terraces. Couples, families, groups of friends can enjoy delicious food and relax amongst the lemon trees and olive groves.FamiliesGroupsPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have jacuzzi bathsSights nearby - Only 5 mins from St TropezRecommended by - Sawdays
Chateau De La Messardiere 117 rooms from $343St-Tropez (83990)
Glitzy and secluded luxury hotel set in a picturesque fairytale style chateaux, overlooking St Tropez bay. Ornate rooms are modern yet with a distinctly old world france feel. A perfect base for total relaxation, with lovely gardens, a good restaurant and a large pool and spa.Total relaxation - A glamorous retreat in the hills above Saint-Tropez boasting an extensive spa, hammam, steam baths and impeccable service.Sights nearby - The hotel runs a shuttle bus to St Tropez centre, head down and check out the sights.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Le Canberra 35 rooms from $118Cannes (Cote d'Azur)
A cool hotel in a great location. A few minutes walk from the beach and central attractions. 1950s style rooms and suites with private terraces and sea views. Swimming pool, gym and sauna. A vibrant spot in the city centre.Outstanding location - A few minutes wall from La Croisette and the beach.Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Loveely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Epi Plage 10 rooms from $137St-Tropez (Ramatuelle)
Fun and fashionable seaside resort right on Pampelonne beach. The California style laid-back wooden chalets are extremely comfy and most face out onto the central pools. Within easy reach of St Tropez, but without the hustle and bustle.Sights nearby - Visit Musée de l’Annonciade, this16th-century former chapel is one of the longest-established modern art galleries in FranceGreat walks - Le Sentier du Littoral is a magnificant seven mile hike along the coast to the Pampelonne beaches.On the beach - On Pampelonne BeachViews - Great views from hotel