“There is nothing more spoiling than staying in an elegant capital city in a truly grand hotel, and the d’Angleterre in Copenhagen more than measures up. It is plum in the centre of town, a short walk from the picturesque houses, boats and bars of Nyhavn, and right beside the Metro for easy access to and from the airport.
Elegantly decorated throughout in Scandi shades of grey, with white and silver touches and well thought out lighting, the feel is fresh and bright - one can almost smell the new paint. No fusty spaces here. The seasonal flowers are incredible – huge branches of flowering magnolia and lilac filled the lobby on a recent visit. The staff are simply outstanding – young, friendly and competent but never overbearing. The bathrooms and bedrooms are plush and blissful, tastefully decorated in a palette of restful Scandinavian colours. Night time illumination in the toilet bowl (!) shows the level of detail that has gone in to making this a really sumptuous and very smart city hotel. Stay here even for a night if you possibly can.”
Written by Caroline Townsend
“Why do people love staying in your hotel?
- d’Angleterre is one of the oldest grand palace hotels in Europe and with our 260-year old history, we have a long tradition of providing an excellent and personalized service to our guests. The unparalleled settings of the hotel give many of our guests a service experience beyond anything they have experienced, and for those who are used a 5 star experiences, we aim to create a memorable stay with a touch of Nordic magic.
What is there to do in the area?
- d’Angleterre is located in the heart of Copenhagen within walking distance of everything from culture and architecture to luxury shopping and entertainment. For those interested in culture and architecture, there are more than a few old royal buildings to see in Copenhagen along with the Royal Theatre and the new Opera House.
d’Angleterre is located on the corner of the longest shopping street in Scandinavia with both high end brands and local designers.
Finally, there are 16 Michelin star restaurants in Copenhagen for all the people interested in gastronomy.
What kind of breakfast do you offer?
- d’Angleterre serves a luxurious breakfast buffet and on Sundays we have an award winning brunch buffet, which is in very high demand among both guests and Copenhagen citizens.
Do you offer other meals? And can you recommend good places to eat out locally?
- The hotel restaurant Marchal has three consecutive Michelin stars and offer both breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Copenhagen is the epi-center of Nordic gastronomy and with everything from delicious street food to exquisite 3 star Michelin restaurants, Copenhagen has something for everyone.
Which are your most popular room types, and why?
- In general, our Junior Suites are the most popular. While they are spacious and elegant, they are not too expensive and that makes them good value for money for many people.
What facilities do you have for children and can you fit extra beds in your rooms?
- For the kids we have a pool, various game consoles that can be borrowed and accompany in-room entertainment. Furthermore, we have seasonal activities such as cooking classes and Christmas entertainment.
Extra beds can be placed in the rooms if needed.
What message would you like to give Hotel Guru readers?
Give Copenhagen a try. We are a hidden gem in Europe with old school charm, architecture and culture that you will remember long after you leave.”