Search the best hotels in Bahrain
Bahrain’s beauty lies in the shallow waters that lap its coastline. The word ‘Bahrain’ is derived from the Arabic for ‘Two Seas’ and historically its wealth came from the trade in the pearls that grew in the many offshore springs. The island interior is a little underdeveloped, which is why the best places to stay in Bahrain are on the coastline or in the cosmopolitan capital Manama. They are mainly large luxury resort style hotels with state-of-the-art spas, palatial suites, and enormous lagoon-style swimming pools that emulate its crystal shores.
The hub of Bahrain's activity is Manama, where business visitors from around the world congregate and most of the best hotels in Bahrain are centred here too. Manama has a skyscraper-spiked skyline, World Trade Centre, a wealth of nightclubs, white sand beaches and reclaimed land being built on to cater for the very wealthy. Like Dubai and Abu Dabi, Bahrain has its share of glitz and glamour, though Bahrain has a much more liberal social climate.
Beyond the ultra-modern, there’s much more to explore. Bahrain's fascinating history and culture are best discovered at Bahrain's National Museum and UNESCO listed Fort. While adrenaline junkies should venture out of the urban sprawl and enjoy the world-class watersports and diving around the Coral Reef on the West Coast at Sitra. Or if you're more of a wildlife enthusiast, visit the Al Areen Nature reserve.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Bahrain are mainly Five Star resorts located in Manama, Sitra, or Sakhir. And due to the great climate, excellent facilities and annual grand prix this is a very popular year round destination. So if you're planning a trip, get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Bahrain
For the luxury traveller
- The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa is a superb 5* property situated in the heart of Manama, yet on its own island. Come here for the fabulous spa, beautiful suites, lagoon-style swimming pool, and direct access to the beach.
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa is situated overlooking the bay and boasts the only Thalassa Spa in Bahrain. Accommodation features chic suites with four poster beds, plus there's the spoiling sea water spa, and an award-winning Italian seafood restaurant.
- Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre is a huge property in central Manama. Spacious accommodations are done in a sleek style and all come with up-to-the-minute gadgetry. There's an excellent choice of Italian or Arabian cuisine, and the Royal Suite is a stunning penthouse apartment.
- Al Areen Palace & Spa is Bahrain’s first villa-style hotel. Romantic rooms and suites are opulent in style, plus there's an excellent spa and you're located next to the Al Areen Nature Reserve.
- Majestic Arjaan by Rotana offers a range of suites with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms making this a great choice for those travelling with children. Better still, it's only 2km from the International Airport.
- Al Bander Hotel and Resort features luxury cabanas situated on a peninsula plus a pristine white sand beach, enormous lagoon-style swimming pool, and plenty of diving, sailing or waterskiing.
- The Gulf Hotel Bahrain is a predominantly business traveller hotel which also caters to leisure travellers with its enormous swimming pool, abundance of watersports, tennis and squash courts. Moreover, it's only a 15 minute drive from the main shopping areas and famous restaurant area Adliya.
For hip travellers
- The Domain is a hip hotel where the emphasis is on socialising - it describes itself as a ‘socially charged members club’. Its fine dining restaurants serve Italian, Lebanese and French cuisine and lively bars host social events.
For a boutique
- The Palace Boutique is a great little hotel with just twenty simple contemporary rooms in Manama. There's a lovely pool, garden, health club and restaurant. Excellent value, understated, refreshingly simple.
For an apartment or suite
- If you'd prefer your own space, then visit our online partner Booking.com for a wide range of apartments and suites across both the urban centres and the coast.
- Fly to Bahrain International Airport, situated a convenient 9.2km (5.7 miles) away from the bustling Manama area.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to go: November to March. Summer temperatures can rocket as high as 50 degrees between May and September.
Still not sure?
- Take another look at our selection of the best places to stay in Bahrain
- Or expand your search to include all our recommendations in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
- Alternatively, please feel free to contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bahrain
Best Hotels in Bahrain
Majestic Arjaan by Rotana Manama, Bahrain 128 rooms from £72Business Hotel - Close to both the World Trade Centre and Bahrain Financial HarbourFamilies - Luxury apartments sleep up to 6.Sights nearby - Bahrain National Theater, Bahrain National Museum, and Al Muharraq Stadium.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The Gulf Hotel Manama, Bahrain 357 rooms from £96Families - Three bedroom serviced apartments.City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Overlooks the Grand Mosque and the Royal Palace
Bahrain's original Five Star hotel with rooms, suites, and serviced apartments. Enormous lagoon-style swimming pool, excellent business facilities, spa, and multiple restaurants. A great choice for families, groups of friends, and business visitors. Great value for money. See More
The Palace Boutique Hotel Manama, Bahrain 20 rooms from £110Value chicSights nearby - Al Fateh Mosque, Bahrain National Theater, and Khamis Mosque.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel Manama, Bahrain 460 rooms from £120City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa breaksSpa - Pure Spa offers holistic treatments with organic ingredients.
A large Five Star hotel with all the facilities in central Manama. Huge modern rooms and suites with chic furnishings and state of the art technology. Excellent choice of restaurants, extensive spa, and close to lots of attractions. Ideal for business or leisure and very family friendly. See More
The Domain Manama, Bahrain 131 rooms from £127Foodies - Three fine dining restaurants.Views - Superb city viewsCity Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa Manama, Bahrain 262 rooms from £150Foodies - Award winning Italian seafood restaurantSpa breaks - The only Thalassa Spa in the regionBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Luxury resort hotel overlooking the Arabian Gulf with the only Thalassa spa in the region. Romantic bedrooms combine french style with Arabic influences. Huge swimming pool, tennis courts and water sports galore. Ideal for an active beach break or a spot of spa pampering. See More
The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa Manama, Bahrain 245 rooms from £270Foodies - Italian, Indian, Far Eastern, and Continental5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeSpa breaks
A Five Star hotel in the central Manama but on its own private island. Tranquil gardens, day loungers, outdoor restaurants. Romantic rooms and suites & villas in contemporary classic style have private balconies and all the mod cons. Excellent spa and multiple cuisines. Completely luxurious. See More
Al Areen Palace & Spa Sakhir, Bahrain 78 rooms from £3305* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa breaksFamiliesRomantic Break
An Arabian villa-style Five Star hotel close to the Al Areen Nature Reserve. Romantic rooms and suites have delicate furnishings, marble floors, high ceilings, and all the mod cons. Fantastic restaurants, state of the art spa, and enormous swimming pools. A luxury spot for couples and families. See More
Al Bander Hotel and Resort Sitra, Bahrain 80 roomsBeach LifeFamiliesSights nearby - Riffa Fort, University of Bahrain and Bahrain National Museum.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools