Love The Hotel Guru ! Jackie Maillard.
Search the best hotels in Curitiba
Curitiba, the capital of Paraná and Brazil's 8th-largest city, is located on the country's southeast coast. The word Curitiba allegedly comes from the native Tupi language of Brazil, meaning "many pine seeds" or even "nut land", due to the proliferation of pine trees found in Paraná. Curitiba has a subtropical highland climate, with a fair degree of precipitation year-round, so it's a far cry from the images of sunny beaches that might be conjured up when thinking of Brazil. Our collection of the best places to stay in Paraná are centrally located, ideal for easily exploring the city.
Curitiba has a charming yet cosmopolitan feel - the many decades of careful urban planning to avoid uncontrolled growth has resulted in a well-ordered city with good infrastructure. Visitors will also find that it has a rich culture, with an abundance of museums and festivals that are all worth a look.
What not to miss
- The Jardim Botanico, or Botanic Garden, is a great place to wander around for a few hours in the sun.
- Drive along the historic Estrada Da Graciosa and take in the truly stunning mountain views - wonderfully bucolic.
- The enormous Parque Tangua, filled with lakes, hills, flowers and fields, was created from an old quarry which makes it all the more remarkable! A serene spot.
- Or, if you're more into your culture then be sure to visit the Oscar Niemeyer Museum, dedicated to the world-famous architect who designed the country's capital, Brasilia, as well as a number of other iconic buildings.
As always, be sure to book ahead as the best places to stay in Curitiba get quickly booked up.
The best places to stay in Curitiba
For the centre of town
- Nomaa Hotel enjoys a wonderfully central location in the city's Batel district. The rooms are chic and classy, whilst you can enjoy terrific cuisine in their restaurant and unwind in their extensive spa. A top spot.
For an apartment or holiday home
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Fly into São Paulo before taking a connection on to Curitiba Airport.
- The best time to visit Curitiba is during the summer months, from December to March, when the temperature fluctuates between 18-27°C.
- If you want to explore more of the surrounding area then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Curitiba
Nomaa Hotel 42 rooms from £129Curitiba (Batel)
This hotel enjoys a central location in Curitiba's Batel district. Its spacious rooms are designed in a contemporary, upmarket manner and their restaurant serves up absolutely delicious cuisine. Spend your days wandering around the city or relaxing in the spa. A top-notch and classy option.Local markets - Be sure to head to the Feria do Largo da Ordem on Sunday morning and enjoy the diverse collection of stalls and artistsSights nearby - Head to Tiradentes Square, Cristal Palace or see a show at the Pedreira Paulo LeminskiSpa - Spa & wellness centreDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels