Search the best hotels in Pipa Beach
About Pipa Beach
Pipa Beach is one of Brazil's most easterly points, located in Tibau do Sul - 80 kilometres from Natal, the capital of the Rio Grande do Norte region. Initially known as 'Orotapiry', or 'white man's beach', by early Portuguese settlers. An influx of hippie backpackers in the 1970s permanently propelled this once quiet spot into popularity. Shortly after, it became one of the most cosmopolitan beaches in Brazil, with visitors coming from far and wide to enjoy the long stretches of golden sand, huge waves that make for excellent surfing, 10-metre tall cliffs, and even a nearby rainforest. Fortunately, there are a number of Environmental Protected Areas surroundings the village which helps not only preserve the natural beauty but also keep the town small in size. The best places to stay in Pipa Beach tend to be secluded boutique spots.
What not to miss
- Praia do Amor, or The Beach of Love, is definitely worth visiting - its name comes from the fact that small heart-shaped pools form at low tide.
- Take an open-topped buggy tour over the sand dunes if you fancy something a little adventurous.
- Or hike around the luscious Ecological Sanctuary and marvel at the stunning nature.
Due to its popularity, it's always wise to book well in advance - the best places to stay in Pipa Beach get quickly booked up.
The best places to stay in Pipa Beach
For the ultimate hideaway
- Posada Toca de Coruja is a stunning resort hidden away in Monte Verde, just a short distance from Pipa Beach. It offers elegant individual villas, a lovely restaurant, a spa, and a swimming pool. A wonderful retreat.
For an apartment, holiday home, or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Fly into Natal Airport before taking a bus to Pipa Beach.
- The weather's 30°C or above year-round, so, fortunately, there's never a bad time to visit Pipa Beach. That being said, you can expect the most rainfall between January and June, so you might want to consider avoiding coming between these months.
- If you'd like to explore more of the area then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Pipa Beach
Kilombo Villas & Spa Pipa Beach 5 rooms from £97
This stylish eco resort is located on Sibaúma Beach in Pipa, Brazil. The majority of the bright, minimalist suites and villas offer beautiful sea views; book a luxury villa for a terrace jacuzzi and private mini-golf course. Book a holistic, in-room spa treatment; a sleek and exclusive eco-resort.Eco break - With a carefully considered sustainability approach, this is a beach getaway that won't cost the earthHideaway - Book a private villa for a discreet beach holiday at this luxury bolt-holeRomantic Break - Couples love the sea views from the hotel suites and the chic on-site spaSights nearby - Discover the abundant wildlife, flora and fauna of Pipa Beach with a trip to the local ecological sanctuaryRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Boutique Hotel Marlin's Pipa Beach 17 rooms from £144
This boutique hotel sits in the centre of Pipa facing the ocean. Rooms are spread across two properties and the majority offer sea views; cosy interiors feature wooden floors and plush soft furnishings. Book the master suite for a freestanding tub. Eat at the fine dining bistro; a chic beach escape.Beach Life - Sitting right opposite the ocean in Pipa, this hotel is a great destination for a lazy seaside getawayRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a private spa bath for added indulgence on your romantic beach breakLocal exploring - With its central location in the town, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in PipaSurfing - Go surfing on Love Beach, opposite the hotel; enquire at reception regarding local board hireRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Pousada Toca da Coruja Pipa Beach (Tibau do Sul) 14 rooms from £216
This enchanting resort is situated in Monte Verde, just a short walk away from Praia da Pipa beach. It features individual bungalows decorated in an elegant manner, has its own restaurant and spa and offers a gorgeous swimming pool area. A stunning hideaway in the midst of the natural world!Surfing - There's plenty of surfing that takes place along Praia da Pipa beach which is just one minute awaySailing - The Pipa Passeois company offer excellent boat tours of the surrounding areaGreat walks - Monte Verde offers many fantastic hiking trails for you to exploreRestrictions on children - No suitable for children under the age of 10yrs.