Search the best hotels in Jamaica
Anyone who's seen a photo of this paradise island will know that Jamaica has some of the world's most beautiful beaches: Treasure Beach and Frenchman's Cove frequently appear in top ten lists, and Jamaica has some amazing diving, with a couple of especially well known sites at Runaway Bay and Ocho Rios. And we have a really good variety of beach hotels and resorts to recommend, from small villa resorts to exclusive hideaways. Our recommendations for the best places to say in Jamaica also includes a cool, Blue Mountain escape, and some easy city-style hotels in Kingston. We’ve also found what we think is a great range of prices.
Jamaica in January looks every inch as much the perfect Caribbean paradise as it does in June, with long, fine white sandy beaches and a verdant green interior of misty, mysterious hills. And its gorgeous resorts and mountain hideaways are an escape to paradise all year round. But it’s not all all-inclusives and barefoot luxury, Jamaica is culturally independent from its neighbours, a real melting pot of heritages, and some of the best places to stay in Jamaica do more than just plonk you down in an island idyll, they also show you something of this unique island, with its laid-back vibe, reggae rhythms and dramatic colonial history.
Where to Stay - Which Part of Jamaica?
- Kingston is a capital city: bustling with business, and Jamaicans going about theirs, and it can be quite a sharp contrast to the relaxed atmosphere of the resorts and beaches. Though Kingston is close to some very nice beaches too. Lots of visitors to Jamaica will fly into Kingston, so there are plenty of hotels to choose from, but if you’re interested in the island’s fascinating heritage, its music, or its lush, green interior, then the urban resorts, city-break-style hotels and colonial charmers of Kingston might be the best options for you.
- If you’re coming to Jamaica to relax in a tropically idyllic resort then two good places to start are Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. Images of Montego Bay are probably tied up in your Caribbean dream, because along with the beautiful resorts this part of the island has some of the most beautiful stretches of sand in the region, Doctor’s Cave Beach being one of the ‘poster-beaches’. Montego Bay is large enough, and popular enough to have its own international airport, and its own cruise terminal, so it’s very easy to get to, and the whole area has been developed by the resorts, so that there are golf courses, jungle rafting opportunities and all sorts of watersports happening on the bay. It’s not just a bay with a couple of resorts, though, Montego Bay is the island’s second largest city, with quite a local buzz in the Downtown area. If you stay here, and you want to do more than just sit on the beach, you should visit Greenwood Great House, one of the only surviving plantation houses — most were destroyed in the December 1813 slave rebellion.
- In the 1980s Ocho Rios was a quiet fishing village, but the Jamaican government thought this little spot was just the place to host international visitors, and now it’s one of the best places to stay in Jamaica if you’re looking for a gorgeous beach resort escape. It can be busy, and it does have regular cruise ships docking, but just outside of town it's still possible to find your own little stretch of beach. And there are some very nice, very private all-inclusives, and some very luxurious resorts that even folk who shun the cruise crowds will be tempted by. As well as the truly stunning stretch of coast, Ocho Rios has a lush, jungle-y interior which has been developed into a bit of an adventurer's paradise, with things like rafting and zip-lining on offer.
- More laid-back than Montego Bay, and livelier than Ocho Rios, Negril is another of the best places to stay in Jamaica if you’re looking for an idyllic beach break — in part because this is where you’ll find Seven Mile Beach, seven miles of sweeping white sand, contrasted dramatically against the following seven miles, which are sheer cliffs. It’s about an hours walk along the beach, between the resorts, which are at one end, and the town, which is at the other. And it’s worth the trip, especially in the evening, when Negril livens up with a fun, reggae beat. Negril is also a good destinatino for families — you might want to look up the Kool Runnings Water Park.
- Port Antonio is a bit more of a hideaway, a charming mess of elegantly dilapidating Georgian architecture surrounded by markets and little warrens of streets. And the odd strolling goat. Outside the town it’s lush and fertile, heading up into the hills. This is where you’ll find Jamaica’s mansions and manors, some of which have now been converted into some of Jamaica’s best boutique and small hotels. There’s also a beautiful natural harbour, with a marina filled with pretty boats and ships.
- If you’re looking for something even more tucked away you might find the perfect hotel in Treasure Beach, which has a really simple, off the beaten track charm. Or up in the Blue Mountains, behind Kingston, where you’re more likely to find a very gentle, local Jamaican experience.
Don't forget that this island is incredibly busy during the peak season and especially over Christmas and New Year. So if you plan to travel at this time and want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Jamaica, do your homework and book well ahead!
The Best Places to Stay in Jamaica
For a Special Occasion
- GoldenEye in Ocho Rios is one of the world's most famous five star beach front hotels. It has a collection of just 47 villas, cottages and beach huts on stilts, but the beach it’s beside is long and lovely. Inside the decor is all cane and bamboo furnishings, mahogany beds, retro-feeling tropical art and shutters. Many of the rooms have sea views or direct beach access, and the villas have kitchens and living areas. The resort also offers complimentary glass bottom boat trips. And they have daily yoga classes, tennis courts, pools, children’s activities, and Jamaican restaurants. And, of course, this is where Ian Fleming wrote the Bond novels.
- The Caves is a collection of just 13 cottages on a shallow cliff just outside Negril. Private, intimate and colourful, these cottages are the perfect hideaway. Some have their own kitchen facilities, and all have white shutters, dark wood floors, huge bathrooms and sea views. There’s a bar in a cave, a pool, spa treatments on offer, and there’s a staircase straight down to the sea.
- Trident Villas is another very small pick, also with only 13 villas, but all of them supremely comfortable and elegant, with 1960s style modern decor of white-on-white and pops of orange and purple. The villas have private terraces and plunge pools, and there’s a gorgeous infinity pool in manicured gardens. There’s also a lovely beach, a gym and spa, and there are two excellent restaurants offering a choice of local, or western-style cuisine. Luxurious, chic and glamorous.
- Negril's Sunset at the Palms is unlike our other picks for this category, but it’s extremely memorable, being an adults only ‘treehouse hotel’ with elegant bamboo chalets, set amongst lush gardens. There are 85 of them in all, arranged around an outdoor pool, with a spa, tennis courts and a gym in the grounds too, along with three restaurants and choice of bars, all offering fantastic regional and international dishes.
Classic Caribbean Island Hotels
- If you want to sit under a thatched umbrella on a beautiful white sandy beach and stare at a flawless turquoise sea then Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios, can offer you just such a Caribbean fantasy. This hotel has 51 rooms, all of them large and elegant, with four-poster beds, white shutters and sea views. There’s a pool, spa and gym too, and a choice of restaurants, on a beautiful run of terraces. Come here for the grown-up atmosphere, and an air of escape.
- If your idea of the perfect Caribbean beach break includes a colourful beach bar, and cottages on stilts with tropical prints, bamboo furniture and shutters, then Country Country on Negril's Seven Mile Beach is definitely one for you to check out. The atmosphere here is fun and friendly, and there’s an excellent restaurant serving simple local classics. Great value too.
- Round Hill is a five star resort, with a stylish collection of 110 rooms, suites and private villas. The villas come with their own staff. This is the sort of place where you can really relax. The decor, by Ralph Lauren, is perfect: dark wood on white, and there’s a beach, a beautiful pool, a tennis court, kids club, watersports facilities and a spa and gym at your disposal. The restaurant is highly acclaimed, serving produce from their onsite garden. This is the kind of resort you definitely don't need to leave.
- For hammocks, bamboo rocking chairs, restaurants and terraces overlooking the ocean and every comfort you can imagine, try Negril's Sweptaway, a large but peaceful, adults only, all-inclusive beach front resort with a choice of six restaurants and an award winning spa.
- Small and affordable, the aptly-named Idle Awhile, is a colourful, 14 room hotel right on the beach at Negril. Expect wooden shutters, terraces, nautical stripes or tropical prints, and gorgeous bathrooms. There’s also a beach bar and restaurant. It’s peaceful, contemporary and cool.
Some of our Jamaican Feeling Favourites
- Strawberry Hill is an 11 room boutique hotel converted from a former coffee plantation. They still have plenty of beautiful Jamaican art and antiques, and astounding mountain views across the hills to Kingston. There’s an outdoor infinity pool, a spa and yoga terrace, a chilled bar, and a restaurant serving contemporary Jamaican cuisine.
- Mockingbird Hill is another hilltop hotel, this time with just ten rooms. Close to Port Antonio, this elegant, eco-friendly hotel is the sort of place without TVs or phones. And its restaurant produces some of the island’s best food, served in an ocean-facing restaurant. This is the perfect spot for a proper escape.
- Unexpectedly small, but charming with it, Hermosa Cove in Ocho Rios has just nine handcrafted villas complete with kitchens which can be pre-stocked by the resort’s kitchen. They’re like elegant wooden houses, in a lush setting, with dark wood and leather furnishings and garden views. There are several private outdoor pools and an excellent seafood restaurant. One of the best places to stay in Jamaica if you’re looking for a home from home.
- Montego Bay’s Half Moon Resort offers luxury for all the family. Overlooking Montego Bay, the location is idyllic, right up against the beach, and the resort provides plenty to do on the beach too, from horse riding to kayaking, and the opportunity to swim with dolphins. There’s also a children’s village with a kid’s club, plus playground, activity rooms, a sand pit and a wading pool. And there are 13 flood-lit tennis courts and four squash courts. And a dive centre. The decor is fairly traditional, inside an elegant white building, and there are 197 rooms, suites and villas.
- Quiet, affordable, colourful and very memorable, Jakes in Treasure Beach is a fun hotel right on the water. The decor is an eclectic mix of antiques, with more colour, more stained glass, and more mosaic than you'd expect. There are 49 rooms, suites and cottages, some with their own kitchens. There’s direct beach access, a laid-bar bar and two great restaurants, lovely gardens and an outdoor pool, and they run plenty of classes - cooking, art and fishing for example.
- It seems rather incongruous with the Caribbean, but Terra Nova’s interiors are grand in the style of European hotels, with antiques, chandeliers and heavy damask fabric. The exterior, built in 1924, is colonial in style, low-rise, white, with pillars and a grand entrance. There are 48 rooms, a really charming old fashioned bar, a fine dining restaurant, and a more relaxed pool and terrace.
- The Spanish Court is a good pick for a short stay, as well as for travellers who want to explore Kingston itself. It’s large and white, but low-rise, arranged in a ‘u’ shape, with several elegant terraces, including one with an outdoor pool. The decor is contemporary, with dark wood furniture and large beds in the 108 rooms and suites, and there’s a fantastic international and Jamaican restaurant, and a spa and gym.
For great value
- Negril’s Rockhouse is one of our all time favourite great value hotels in Jamaica. It’s a collection of 34 thatched stone cottages, stretching along a low cliff directly over the ocean, and surrounded by lush, tropical gardens. They have four-poster beds draped in muslin and outdoor rain showers, so they can be both romantic and practical. And there are three restaurants, an outdoor pool and a fantastic spa.
- Catcha Falling Star in Negril is another great value option. The position, atop a cliff, might not be beachside, but it’s right on the ocean, and the rustic style adds to the effect, and probably keeps the costs reasonable. There are 21 rooms and cottages, so the clifftop pool, bougainvillea-filled gardens and lively bar are all just the right size. Some have their own kitchens, but there’s also a Caribbean restaurant.
- We also like Negril’s Tensing Pen for similar reasons, it’s a clifftop collection of 22 secluded, thatched cottages — some which have their own ladders directly into the sea. The decor is simple and charming, to match the cottages, and they’ve got a gorgeous infinity pool and terrace. Plus they're big on yoga and spa treatments and there's the echo of reggae music heard throughout.
- If you’re looking for great value in one of the larger resort towns the Hibiscus Lodge in Ocho Rios might be for you. It’s just a few minutes from the centre of town, but still has beautiful ocean views. This is a classic tropical hotel, with 26 rooms and suites, with tropical print furnishings, large bathrooms and sea views. There’s also a garden and a popular restaurant.
Prefer An Apartment Or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Visitors can either fly into Kingston's Norman Manley Airport, Montego Bay's Sangster International Airport or the Ian Fleming International Airport in Ocho Rios. These are all well served by public transport links around the island.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer. But be warned the roads can be difficult to navigate if you don't know where the potholes are!
- Jamaica is tropical, with a tropical climate, meaning it’s hot and humid all year round, with with average temperatures of 27-30°C. Peak season for visitors is between January and March, when the weather elsewhere is rotten and the weather here is lovely, but it’s also busy during America’s spring break, which is mid-March through mid-April. Hurricane season is between July and November, so this is really the only time you wouldn’t want to book a trip to Jamaica.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Jamaica?
- You could refine your search to just the best places to stay in Montego Bay, the best places to stay in Ocho Rios, or Negril, or the best places to stay in Kingston.
- Or you could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Jamaica
Best Hotels in Jamaica
White Sands Negril 45 rooms from £52Total relaxation - The place to do very little; sleep late, hit the beach, relax by the pool and head to the bar for ocean-front sundownerBeach Life - Direct access to Negril's famous white-sand 7 Mile Beach. Enjoy meals and relaxation with prime ocean viewsValue chic - Unbelieveable value for this slice of prime beach real estate with resort facilities and amenitiesSights nearby - Climb the 19th century Negril Lighthouse for the best views of the area or visit Barney's Flower & Hummingbird Garden
Charming family-owned beach-front resort. Fresh and cosy white-washed rooms, suites and apartments with outdoor space are spread over gardens and lead to a beach bar and grill with sunset views. Some come with kitchenettes for longer stays. Offers a great-value holiday in paradise. See More
Lashings St Elizabeth, Jamaica 29 rooms from £59Beach Life - It's 10 min walk to the nearest beach. There's a shuttle to the property's beach club on Calabash Beach with bar and restaurantValue chic - Great value for money; it's hard to believe a sea-facing property with atmosphere and facilities can be this affordableSights nearby - On cloudy days take a day trip into Kingston to visit the Bob Marley museumSwimming Pool - Impressive sea-facing infinity pool is hard to leave
Popular hillside property with a happening bar, restaurant and nearby beach club. Quirky rooms and terraces decorated with rattan furniture, local artwork and reclaimed wood boast impressive ocean views, as does the large infinity pool. Rustic cool; the place to stay for party-lovers on a budget. See More
Catcha Falling Star Negril, Jamaica 21 rooms from £66Total relaxation - Secluded setting, massages available and quiet terraces overlooking the ocean to read fromViews - Great views from its location on the Negril cliffsLocal markets - Cars into town can be organised by hotelRestrictions on children - No childrenRecommended by - Fodors
Stylishly rustic clifftop hotel. Rooms in thatched cottages feature four poster beds, outdoor showers and terraces with seaviews. Some come with kitchens. Outdoor pool, bougainvillea filled gardens and waterfront massages available. Great Caribbean cuisine and lively bar area. A great value choice. See More
Jakes St Elizabeth, Jamaica 49 rooms from £90Beach Life - Very cool atmposhere, especially considering the Pelican bar, Jamaica’s coolest bar a boatride awayFamilies - Full of family friendly fun, from art and cooking classes to river safari; larger suites are perfectFishing - Catch snapper, jackfish, kingfish, tuna or grouper and ask the chef to cook themSights nearby - Black River and YS FallsRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Chic boutique shorefront hotel. Rooms feature an eclectic mix of mosaic headboards, antiques and stained glass windows. Cottages with kitchenettes. Outdoor pool, lovely gardens and access to beach. Excellent seafood cuisine and laid back bar. A very cool stay for families or couples. See More
77 West Treasure Beach, Jamaica 5 rooms from £94Total relaxation - Calm and quiet, the area encourages a wonderfully lazy lifestyle. Days are made up of swimming, beach walks and al fresco diningBeach Life - Beautifully unspoilt golden-sand beach right in front of the property is the stuff desert island fantasties are made ofGroups - A fun place to take over as a group of friends and turn into spacious beach villaSwimming Pool - Perched up on a little bluff, sea and beach-facing pool with large sun deck and interrupted views is fantastic
Intimate beachfront resort set amongst gardens in famously laid-back and unspoilt Billy's Bay. Located up a Swiss Family Robinson wooden staircase from the perfect beach. The pool, sun deck, open-air restaurant and airy eco-friendly cottages all face the sea. A relaxing retreat for nature-lovers. See More
Terra Nova Kingston 48 rooms from £135City Style - Explore the capital from this old-fashioned luxury hotel, with fine bar area and chandeliered dining roomsRomantic Break - Mansion built in 1924 with antiques, gilded mirrors and romantic bedroomsSights nearby - Devon House heritage sightOpulentRecommended by - Fodors
Hibiscus Lodge Ocho Rios, Jamaica 26 rooms from £108Sights nearby - Short walk from the centre of Ocho Rios. Dunn's River Falls. Dolphin Cove and Mystic Mountain are within 15 minutes driveTennis - Tennis court and coach on siteSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Rockhouse Negril, Jamaica 34 rooms from £113Spa breaks - Outstanding facilities in open air thatched spa centre on the cliff edgeRomantic Break - Four-poster beds, infinity pool and stunning sunsetsCooking classes - Complimentary cookery demonstrations every FridaySights nearby - 2.5 miles from Negril TownRecommended by - Fodors, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Unique cliffside hotel. Rooms in thatched stone cottages feature muslin-draped four poster beds & terraces - some with outdoor showers & some in secluded spots amid the tropical gardens. Outdoor pool, fantastic spa & three restaurants. Boutique & laid-back with unbeatable views. Great value too. See More
Skylark Negril 28 rooms from £113Romantic Break - With bright guestrooms, a romantic restaurant and seaside spa, this is a chic couples' getawayBeach Life - Set on the best beach in Negril, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing seaside breakRomantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Design Hotels
This stylish island getaway is situated on Negril’s famous Seven Mile white-sand beach in Jamaica. Nestled within two renovated properties, guestrooms are bright and inviting, with retro artwork and four-poster beds. Check into the sleek spa for a treatment after a day by the beach. See More
Country Country Negril, Jamaica 20 rooms from £125Active Holiday - Situated on the beach, with miles of coastline to walk along and watersports to enjoyBeach LifeOn the beach - Located directly on Negril's Seven Mile beachTennis - Courts for tennis and squash close byRecommended by - Frommers
Colourful fairy tale style cottages on Negril beach. Rooms are decorated in tropical prints with shutters, bamboo furniture & terraces. Located directly on the beach yet set amid lush gardens. Excellent, simple food served at the restaurant. Buzzy atmosphere - a great value classic beach holiday. See More
Idle Awhile Negril, Jamaica 14 rooms from £125Total relaxation - Carefree ambience with a quieter environment than some bigger resorts and spa treatments availableSights nearby - Short taxi ride from central Negril or the West End CliffsOn the beach - Situated on Negril's Seven Mile BeachTennis - At Couples Swept Away ResortRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers
Tensing Pen Negril, Jamaica 22 rooms from £133Honeymoons - Some of the cottages sit in their own coves, with outdoor showers and ladders leading directly to the oceanTotal relaxation - Yoga lessons on the sea-facing terrace, no other hotel in sight and no televisions in the hotelFishing - Mahi mahi, wahoo, blue and white marlin, sailfish, tarpon, and barracudaSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Fodors, I Escape
Laid back hotel on cliffside. Rooms have muslin-draped four poster beds, terracotta floors, big bathrooms - some with outdoor showers. Outdoor pool, yoga space and spa treatments. Very cool reggae can be heard throughout the property. Superb modern Jamaican cuisine. Secluded, relaxed and friendly. See More
Goblin Hill Villas Port Antonio (San San) 27 rooms from £144Birdwatching - This resort teams with feathered friends, from Doctor Birds to Hummingbirds- ask for a bird guide at receptionBeach Life - Swimming, rafting, surfing, fishing, scuba diving and of course lounging on the white sandsDiving - Head out scuba diving and meet the local marine lifeSurfing - Nearby Boston Beach offers fantastic surfing
A charming and secluded resort with a large garden overlooking Frenchman's Cove. The indulgent villas come with self catering facilities and a helper to prepare your meals or organise your activities. With two tennis courts and a swimming pool this is a self contained haven. See More
Spanish Court Kingston, Jamaica 108 rooms from £144City Style - This chic hotel is perfect for exploring the city's museums and nightlife.Swimming Pool - Infinity edged lap pool on the roof terraceSights nearby - Devon House Heritage SightTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors
Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios, Jamaica 94 rooms from £148Local exploring - Enjoy the White River passing through the resort, Shaw Park Botanical gardens and plethora of watersportsSailing - Ocho Rios outing aboard the 90-foot yacht San SanOn the beach - Lovely, secluded stretch of beach on Cutlass BaySights nearby - Rose Hall Mansion & Montego Bay City TourRecommended by - Fodors
All inclusive beach resort. Elegant rooms have private balconies facing the sea and colourful furnishings. Outdoor pool and lush orchid filled gardens. Spa and gym for your pleasure. Superb cuisine from restaurant, both local and western foods. Quiet and charming and great value for money. See More
The Tryall Club Jamaica 87 rooms from £240Active Holiday - Abundance of activities can be organised by hotel from safari, swimming with dolphins, rafting as well as all watersportsGroups - Private villas come with fully equipped kitchens and private chefs if required giving a very secluded stayGolf - 18 hole course within hotelLocal markets - Take a golf cart over to the water wheel market-exclusively for guestsRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Sumptuous villa resort. Rooms are colonial-chic with lively prints, large bathrooms, views of the golf course or coast & private pools. Outdoor pool, gym, golf course, tennis courts and gardens. Choice of restaurants offering excellent local cuisine. A great choice for adventure types. See More
Mockingbird Hill Port Antonio, Jamaica 10 rooms from £194Active Holiday - Plethora of activities nearby such as snorkelling, bird watching and hiking- hotel provides extensive infoFoodies - Short or intensive Jamaican cookery courses available; Mille Fleurs is a fantastic restaurantEco - Solar heated water and lots of upcycling. Sustainability is the key word here.Spa - Outdoor garden of Wellness area offering a selection of holistic treatments including herbal baths, facials & more.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Elegant, eco-friendly hilltop hotel. Rooms feature muslin-draped four posters & bamboo furniture but no phones or TVs. Outdoor pool, spa treatments and rooftop canopy. Some of the best food on the island is served in the ocean facing restaurant. Chilled and charming - perfect for total escape. See More
Hermosa Cove Ocho Rios, Jamaica 9 rooms from £195Hideaway - Private villas come with their own pools and walled gardens, if you wish, there is no need to leave as staff can prepare dinnerSights nearby - Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin Cove.Secluded setting - For escaping.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
Nine hand-crafted villas. Bedrooms are full of warmth with dark wood and leather furniture and views of the gardens. All come with kitchens which can be stocked by the hotel. Private outdoor pools, and excellent seafood restaurant. Intimate, luxurious and a real home from home. See More
Strawberry Hill Blue Mountains, Jamaica 11 rooms from £211Hideaway - Enjoy the infinity pool with a view, hammocks and spa treatments before laid back drinks in this chilled hotelViews - Amazing 360 degree views from its hilltop location.Great walks - Get Rasta Dave to take you on one of his guided walks through the Blue Mountains. He is a mine of local information.Sights nearby - Craighton house coffee estate hike and tour tripsRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Tablet, I Escape
Boutique hotel on a hilltop perch amid the Blue Mountains. Gorgeous rooms feature antique Jamaican furniture, mahogany four posters & mountain-view porches. Outdoor pool, spa & yoga terrace. Delicious 'new Jamaican' cuisine, chilled bar area. A stylish stay with unbeatable views across Kingston. See More
S Hotel Montego Bay 120 rooms from £218Spa breaks - Book this hotel for a spa break; the Irie Baths and Spa embraces Jamaican heritage and a holistic approach to wellnessBeach Life - With a prime seafront location and a private beach on Montego Bay, book this hotel for your dream island getawayRomantic Break - With smart guestrooms, a lively bar and great restaurants, this hotel is perfect for a romantic breakRomantic - Good for couples.
This sophisticated lifestyle resort overlooks Jamaica’s famed Doctor’s Cave beach. The refreshing coral stone and native hardwood lobby leads to monochromatic rooms with nods to Caribbean style and culture. With a private beach, lively bar and pool terrace, this hotel is great for a romantic break. See More
Jamaica Pegasus Kingston, Jamaica 300 rooms from £234Local exploring - Perfect base to see the city sights fromSights nearby - Devon House and Bob Marley’s Tough Gong StudioSwimming Pool - Olympic size outdoor poolGreat walks - In the Blue Mountains
Jamaica Inn Ocho Rios, Jamaica 51 rooms from £247Hideaway - Cottages have private access to the beach and private pools, mobile phones and TVs are restricted adding to the seclusionRomantic Break - Enjoy 6-course fusion meals, adult atmosphere, spa, beach activities and gardensOn the beach - Situated on one of Jamaica's loveliest beachesSpa - Waterfront treatments at the Ocean SpaRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers
Sublime hotel on a magnificent beach. Large, elegant rooms feature four poster beds, white shutters, antique furniture, and sea views. Outdoor pool, gym and spa for your enjoyment. Choice of excellent restaurants for either formal or informal dining. Secluded, gorgeous and grown-up. See More
Half Moon Resort St. James, Jamaica 197 rooms from £249Families - Clubs for younger children and teenagers, along with plenty of kid-friendly activities within hotelActive Holiday - Horse riding, watersports, tennis, yoga and swimming with dolphins to keep all active types happyGroups - Villas with up to seven ensuite bedrooms are perfect for larger families and groups.Spa breaks - A 68,000 square foot spa awaits you, with wonderful treatments, pool and views
Luxury resort overlooking Montego Bay. Elegant rooms feature four poster beds, antique furniture and seaside terraces. Riding, tennis and gym facilities. Outdoor pool and large spa. Superb traditional regional cuisine in choice of restaurants and bars. Secluded, opulent and family friendly. See More
Sunset at the Palms Negril, Jamaica 85 rooms from £293Honeymoons - Beautiful tree house rooms, massages and spa treatments, adults only atmosphere and sunset drinksTennis - Tennis court in the gardensCooking classes - Island cooking classes.Sights nearby - Negril Lighthouse
All inclusive adults only 'treehouse' hotel. Elegant rooms have bamboo furniture, large bathrooms and wooden balconies. Outdoor pool, spa, tennis courts and gym. Three restaurants and bars providing fantastic regional and international dishes. Grown up, lush and secluded. See More
Round Hill Montego Bay, Jamaica 110 rooms from £304Families - Plenty for children's entertainment, kid's club and restaurants are child-friendlyRomantic Break - Enjoy the spa, beach front horse rides, sailing, scuba diving and gourmet seafoodKids Club - Complimentary kids club. Activities incl nature walks, arts & crafts, watersports, talent shows, reggae lessons ...Tennis - Five all weather courts with ball boy service if requiredRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Sensational 5* hotel. Large rooms feature white shutters, dark wood furniture and gorgeous bathrooms. Private villas have dedicated staff for every need. Spa, beauty salon and gym at your disposal. Outdoor pool, private beach area, tennis court & kids club. Luxurious, romantic and laid back. See More
The Cliff Hotel Negril 33 rooms from £309Restaurant - As well as three bars, tuck into cuisine by world-acclaimed chefs at the elegant & modern Zest restaurant with a cliff-top patioHoneymoons - The stuff of glitzy picture-perfect honeymoons; think sunsets, outdoor spa treatments, dining under the stars & views for milesSwimming Pool - Resort's expansive free-form pool with swim-up bar is seriously luxe. There's also a natural salt-water pool set amongst rocksWeddings - Ultimate destination wedding material; voted the best hotel for weddings at Conde Nast Johansen's awards in 2020
Luxury boutique hotel with an incredible cliff-top location overlooking the Sea. The resort offers world-class amenities including a destination restaurant, cliffside rock pool & impressive wellness facilities. Sleek and serene suites and villas boast clean lines and chic decor. Exclusive elegance. See More
GoldenEye Ocho Rios (Oracabessa) 47 rooms from £312Groups - The enormous villas have kitchen facilities, living room area, hammocks and private terracesWriting a novel - In the spot where all Bond novels were penned, find peace, quiet and inspirationSwimming Pool - Freshwater outdoor infinity pool, plus four acre private lagoonBirdwatching - 255 bird species can be viewed from the surrounding area.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Exquisite 5* beach front hotel. Villas, cottages and stilted beach huts have mahogany beds, shutters and direct beach access. On site restaurants serve up traditional Jamaican styles with a twist, from their organic garden. Historic and luxurious with the emphasis on privacy. Honeymoon heaven! See More
Geejam Portland, Jamaica 7 rooms from £332Hideaway - Set in 6 acres of forest stretching down to the beach, enjoy the space and quiet from the tree canopy deckPrivate Hot Tub - Several rooms come with private hot tubs on their verandahsSights nearby - 10 minutes drive from historic Port Antonio.Views - Wonderful views from the hillside location.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Gorgeous hotel set amid six lush acres. Rooms feature darkwood floors, white furniture, wooden terraces and enormous bathrooms. All rooms come with built in entertainment systems. Outdoor pool, gym and spa treatments. Superb Caribbean fusion food in the restaurant. Secluded and chic. See More
The Trident Portland, Jamaica 13 rooms from £351Romantic Break - Villas have enclosed gardens with plunge pools for maximum privacy, jazz nights and walks by the Blue LagoonSwimming Pool - Outdoor infinity poolOn the beach - Private beachSights nearby - Blue LagoonRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Contemporary beachside hotel. Villas have stone floors, big bathrooms, 1960s style furniture, private terraces and plunge pools. Outdoor infinity pool, manicured gardens, private beach area, spa and gym. Two excellent restaurants offering western or local cuisine. Luxurious, chic and glamourous. See More
Sweptaway Negril, Jamaica 312 rooms from £373Romantic Break - Enjoy the quiet of an adults only resort, with sailing trips, candle lit beach dinners and nightly entertainmentSpa breaks - Award winning spa offering extensive treatments from the beautiful spa centreTennis - Courts in the groundsRestrictions on children - Adults only resortRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Sensational all inclusive beach front resort. Contemporary rooms feature wooden floors, shuttered windows, terraces and bamboo writing desks. Three outdoor pools, award winning spa, tennis courts, gym and private beach area. Six restaurants offering excellent range of cuisine. Characterful luxury. See More
The Caves Negril, Jamaica 13 rooms from £429Honeymoons - Candle-lit dinners in the caves, in-room spa treatments and breathtaking clifftop viewsRomantic Break - Designed for couples and with no children, complete romance, privacy and quietCooking classes - Cooking and cocktail classes can be arrangedViews - Great views from the clifftop locationRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Characterful 5* hotel on the cliffside. Funky, colourful cottages feature elegant rooms with white shutters, dark wood floors and enormous bathrooms. Some have small kitchen areas. Outdoor pool, spa treatments available and ladder-access to the sea. Grown-up ambience with superb service. See More