St Kitts and Nevis
Search the best hotels in St Kitts and Nevis
About St Kitts and Nevis
Separated only by a narrow channel, the islands of St Kitts and Nevis form one Caribbean nation, yet have retained very distinct characters. Larger and livelier, St Kitts plays host to a cruise ship crowd and has a bustling capital city, whilst neighbouring Nevis feels quieter, with historic landmarks and low-key charm. Both make for marvellous holiday destinations, with accommodation ranging from simple beach hotels to indulgent luxury resorts. Some of the best places to stay in St Kitts and Nevis are chic hideaways up in the hills — the ideal blend of old-school glamour and lush, tropical vegetation.
Both islands are jungle-clad and mountainous, popular with hikers, cyclists and nature lovers eager to trek through rainforests, clamber up hills — Nevis Peak is a favourite — and spot brightly-coloured birds or vervet monkeys. If you’re dreaming of seclusion and tranquility, Nevis is probably the better bet. The island’s lovely capital, Charlestown, is great for history-minded strolls and museum visits.
St Kitts feels busier than Nevis, and Basseterre, the capital, throngs with locals and tourists converging at markets, bars and eateries. The port is a particularly vibrant hub. Venture north, however, and you’ll find that the pace of life slows down. Highlights include Brimstone Hill Fortress and National Park, as well as old sugar plantations detailing the region’s dark and turbulent history.
You can expect striking white-sand beaches on both St Kitts and Nevis and sparkling waters for snorkelling with tropical fish, diving, sailing, kayaking or swimming. This is a fun place for children to get to grips with water-skiing or to learn to dive, too.
Whether you’re travelling as a family, with a group of friends, or as part of your honeymoon, the best places to stay in St Kitts and Nevis all showcase the islands’ famous hospitality, and will do all that they can to make your trip special.
The Best Places to Stay on St Kitts and Nevis
FOR GREAT VALUE
- Timothy Beach Resort is a simple base with 60 rooms and suites overlooking popular St Kitts' South Frigate Bay Beach. There's a good restaurant, leafy grounds and a refreshing swimming pool. For couples, friends or families, who can book a two-bedroom apartment. Friendly and affordable.
For a Heritage Hideaway
- Golden Rock Inn offers 11 guestrooms tucked within 100 acres of lush gardens on the slopes of Nevis Peak. 19th-century stone cottages have seriously cool interiors designed by the artist-owners, there's a delectable gourmet eatery, and lots to do outdoors. A real gem for romantics or friends.
- The Hermitage has at its heart a 350-year-old manor house, surrounded by mature gardens. Nab a guestroom, cottage or multi-room villa for a trip with friends or family. Expect delicious dishes using homegrown produce, as well as activities ranging from tennis to hiking through the forests of Nevis Peak. Particularly friendly.
- Montpelier Plantation Inn on Nevis boasts 19 sophisticated rooms, suites and a villa on a hillside with striking sea views. The original sugar plantation dates back 300 years, but the property fuses this history with a chic, contemporary feel. There are three fine dining restaurants, as well as a private beach, 15 minutes from the plantation. Romantic, luxurious and timeless.
- Oualie Beach Resort sits at the northern tip of Nevis, with 32 large rooms and suites facing St Kitts. Stay here for the relaxed, family-friendly feel, the beach restaurant, water sports, bike hire and soothing spa. Oualie Bay is calm — perfect for little ones to splash around. Also eco-friendly.
- Mount Nevis Hotel is spread across 13 acres on Nevis' Round Hill Estate, with 44 rooms and suites, as well as a pretty villa. Great for families, the hotel offers inter-connecting rooms, a big swimming pool, plenty of green spaces for little ones to play, and complimentary shuttle rides to three beaches. The team can organise family-friendly activities, too. Some of the accommodation is self-catering, and the restaurant uses organic produce.
For a Beach Resort
- The Four Seasons is an expansive, 350-acre Nevis beach resort, with its own golf course, tennis courts, three swimming pools, water sports and a top-notch kids club. Brilliant for romantic escapes or active family trips, this indulgent, contemporary property really does have it all.
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club is the only historic plantation of its kind in the Caribbean to be set right on the sand. Classic rooms and suites have private balconies and all the mod-cons, and you can spend your days strolling along the beach, out on the water, playing tennis, swimming in the pool or unwinding at the spa before feasting on gourmet fare. A smaller Nevis resort with 36 acres of grounds. Particularly well-suited to couples.
- Paradise Beach features thirteen private beach villas and residences with up to four bedrooms, on Nevis' beautiful west coast. Pick this place for the spectacular seaside location and exquisitely-appointed villas, which come with large kitchen and dining areas, private terraces and plunge pools. Cook up a storm yourself, book a private chef, or head to the chic beach bar. A very special choice for friends or families travelling together.
- Park Hyatt St Kitts Christophe Harbour promises 126 cool, contemporary rooms and suites — some with private plunge pools — facing the ocean and nearby Nevis. The resort features an extensive spa, multiple pools and eateries, as well as a plethora of water sports and kids club activities. A chic resort for couples or families in a striking seaside setting near the southern tip of St Kitts.
For an Eco Escape
- Belle Mont Farm is a pioneering eco resort on St Kitts. Stay in an indulgent suite, cottage or multi-room villa surrounded by verdant gardens. Feast on organic gourmet dishes after days spent at the rejuvenating wellness centre, the 9-hole Irie Fields golf course, or exploring the 400-acre farm. A glorious, sustainably-minded choice for couples, families or groups.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to St Kitts' Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport or to Nevis' Vance W. Amory International Airport. Travel to your hotel by bus or taxi, or organise an airport pick up with your hotel in advance.
- Hop aboard the ferry to cross from St Kitts to Nevis (and vice versa) with ease. Ferries are affordable, quick and run regularly.
- There's so much to see in St Kitts and Nevis! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between November and mid-April for balmy temperatures averaging at around 28°C. The hurricane season — June to November — is best avoided. The Christmas and New Year season is especially busy, so book your trip well in advance. Travel in late April or May for great hotel deals.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in St Kitts.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Kitts and Nevis
Best Hotels in St Kitts and Nevis
Timothy Beach Resort St Kitts, St Kitts and Nevis 60 rooms from £109Value chicViews - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Breezy Sunset Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.On the beach - Direct access to Frigate Bay Beach on the Caribbean
A good choice for a family or those on a budget. The hotel sits on St Kitts' most popular Caribbean beach. Charming rooms have balconies, all the mod cons, and sea views. Lovely pool and grounds, and a good restaurant. Close to lively nightlife. Simple with a relaxed atmosphere. See More
Golden Rock Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis 11 rooms from £140Total relaxation - Complete peace and tranquility in a jungly setting.LuxuryViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet
Hermitage Inn Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis 15 rooms from £140Families - The manor house has three double bedrooms which you can book out as a family or group.Romantic BreakGroupsGreat walks - Nature trails on your doorstepRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors
An iconic collection of rooms, cottages, and a manor house on a stunning plantation. Very boutique, very chic throughout. Each room has all the mod cons and verandahs. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool, and a renowned restaurant. Not far from the beach, luxurious, family friendly. See More
Four Seasons Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis 196 rooms from £184Beach Life - You can rent a luxury beach-style cabana for the day.Spa breaks - Spectacular spa facilities and complex.Swimming Pool - Three beautiful infinity pools.Foodies - Fabulous Caribbean cuisine.
A Five Star hotel with unrivalled facilities and luxury in a league of its own. Beautiful rooms and suites, contemporary chic in style with all the mod cons. Fabulous restaurants, golf course, infinity pools, spa, beach cabanas, tennis courts, and lively bars. Romantic, buzzing, top of the range. See More
Oualie Beach Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis 32 rooms from £145Beach LifeViews - Great views from hotelValue chicFamilies
A charming hotel in Oualie Bay, Nevis with direct access to the beach. Large cottage-style rooms with four poster beds, creamy furnishings, and private balconies. Excellent spa and therapeutic treatments, beach restaurant, and bikes to hire. Family friendly and excellent value. See More
Montpelier Plantation Inn Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis 19 rooms from £176Views - Panoramic views all aroundLuxuryRomantic BreakRestaurant - Delicious blend of French and Caribbean cuisine. Choose from three different venuesRecommended by - I Escape, Relais & Chateaux
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis 36 rooms from £227Garden - Stunning grounds, 30 acres of them, dotted with coconut trees.Foodies - Fabulous Caribbean cuisine of lobster, seafood and fruit.Spa breaks - Cottage-style spa.Honeymoons
A stunning hotel set in 36 acres of coconut plantation and surrounded by white sands. Beautiful rooms and suites, painted in muted pastels with private balconies and all the mod cons. Fabulous Coconuts restaurant, cottage-style spa, tennis courts, and a lively bar. Dreamy. See More
Park Hyatt St Kitts Christophe Harbour St. Kitts, St Kitts 126 rooms from £259Active Holiday - Discover what’s hidden beneath the crystal clear ocean waters on Banana Bay through snorkeling, paddle boarding and kayakingFamilies - Spacious suites, kids club, a family-friendly, kids menus and ample water activities- there is something for all the familyBeach Life - Relax on the golden beach or swim in the crystal blue waters with direct beach access. Beachside service is avaliableTotal relaxation - Unwind at the full-service spa, by the pool with a book or in yoga and meditation classes
A luxury beachfront hotel overlooking Banana Bay. Contemporary chic rooms feature pale polished woods, private terraces, deep soaking tubs and rainfall showers; the best have private pools. Facilites galore include a spa, kids club, 3 restaurants, two pools, beach and water activities. Superb! See More
Mount Nevis Hotel Nevis 44 rooms from £265Weddings - Ceremonies take place in the ruins of a 19th century church on the edge of the estate; will suit laid-back unpretentious couplesFamilies - Two-bedroom suites and villas are ideal for families. There's also babysitting and lots of games to keep kids occupiedTotal relaxation - Spend relaxed days by the pool, read amongst leafy gardens, visit nearby beaches or enjoy laid-back activitiesSwimming Pool - Large hill-facing pool with incredible Caribbean Sea views is surrounded by hammocks for lazy afternoons
A historic plantation estate with sprawling grounds and Caribbean Sea views. Pretty rooms with traditional decor are spread over several pavilions; all come with balconies and patios to enjoy the outdoors. The villa offers a kitchen and a large pool will appeal to kids. Relaxed family-friendly stay. See More
Belle Mont Farm St Kitts, St Kitts and Nevis from £878Families - Between four and eight couples can each be accommodated in their own private Guesthouse.Outstanding location - Surrounded by the lush beauty of the forest and the azure waters of the Caribbean.Spa - The Mango Walk Spa includes Natural pools and open-air treatments.Eco - The hotel is completely sustainable.
Stunning all inclusive eco resort with guesthouses, farmhouses, & villas (which sleep 4). Boutique and eco friendly in every way. Set on an organic farm with stunning views, a golf course, fabulous fresh produce, a 100ft infinity pool, and open-air spa treatments amongst the mango groves. Superb. See More
Paradise Beach Nevis 7 rooms from £1511Beach Life - As the name suggests, the resort's beach is to die for with stunning white sand, transparent water & swaying palm treesFamilies - Two-bedroom beach villas are incredible; they offer families plenty of space and direct access to the waterPrivate Hot Tub - 2-bedroom villas boast private copper plunge pools; all others come with pebble-lined swimming poolsTotal relaxation - The place for relaxing days filled with sun, sand and sea in indulgent and tranquil settingRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A collection of uber-luxe 2, 3 and 4-bedroom villas spread over lush beachfront compound. Balinese in style with contemporary glam touches, each boasts a private pool, sea-facing terraces and spacious living, dining and kitchen areas; there's also a waterfront restaurant. A beach-lover's paradise. See More