- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
St Kitts and Nevis
Search the best hotels in St Kitts and Nevis
About St Kitts and Nevis
All our St Kitts and Nevis collections:
Only a narrow channel separates the small islands of St Kitts and Nevis, and that's probably why they've been twinned as far as governance is concerned. But they're actually quite different. St. Kitts is the larger and more mountainous, and has a few bustling centres, but overall a laid-back Caribbean air. While tiny Nevis feels more gentle and historic, populated by charming old plantation houses, many of which have been converted into some of the best places to stay in St Kitts and Nevis. There are also some beachfront hotels, but these two islands are less developed than their beauty warrants.
St Kitts' capital is busy Basseterre, which sounds French, but looks Victorian. This is where the cruise ships dock, and there's a compact centre around the port. Part of Basseterre's bustle comes from the soca music blasting from local cars and buses, and part is the sheer numbers of visitors who come in on a busy day.
Many cruise ship visitors head to the mountainous north, to see the impressive 17th Century Brimstone Hill Fortress, now Heritage Listed as a reminder of the violent and tumultuous history of the sugar and slave trades in the Caribbean. This is also where you'll see the fading grandeur of the plantations and the ghost villages of the sugar workers.
Visitors looking for beaches should head south where you'll find the best beaches and the liveliest beach bars.
If you're looking for peace, then Nevis is probably a better match for you. Its history is just as dramatic and possibly even more carefully preserved, and the unhurried atmosphere feels more like the Caribbean of yesteryear.
The beautiful beaches are relatively uncrowded, and behind them are the bougainvillea and hibiscus that are home to the island's wonderful hummingbird population.
The island's peak, Mt. Nevis, makes for a nice little challenge for walkers or cyclists, and this island certainly suits those who like to get out and do things in the great outdoors.
Our pick of the best places to stay in St Kitts and Nevis are well placed to make the most of these islands whether you've come for the beach, the history, the watersports and diving/snorkelling or a combination of all the above.
For great value
- The Timothy Beach Resort, St Kitts, is a friendly 60 room hotel right beside one of the island's best beaches. Rooms have all the mod. cons., plus some have their own balcony and sea views. The grounds and pool are lovely, and there's a good restaurant. And all that starts from just £80 per night.
- The Banyan Tree B&B on Nevis is a beautifully renovated 17th Century stone house, now offering three comfortable and charming B&B style rooms. You're not far from the beach, but you're also close to the walking opportunities of the mountains.
- The Hermitage Inn is an iconic manor house on stilts in a stunning plantation, which offers accommodation in rooms or cottages - both options very chic. The restaurant has a good reputation and you're not far from the beach. They also combine rooms to easily accommodate families. Rooms start from only £111 per night.
- Oualie Beach on Nevis, is a collection of large, cottage-style rooms sitting right against the sand of Oualie Bay. As well as comfortable, creamy decor, there's also an excellent spa, a beach restaurant and bike hire.
- Ottley's Plantation Inn on St Kitts is a super stylish, slightly old fashioned, colonial plantation with sea views and lush surroundings. Most of the 23 rooms have balconies, and there's a well known restaurant, a large, spring fed pool and a top of the range spa.
- Rock Haven is a charming little B&B, this time on St, Kitts. There are just two rooms, both with kitchenettes, but there's plenty of living space, and plenty of breakfast - served on a patio with gorgeous sea views.
- Nevis's Golden Rock is a secluded gem nestled into a lush, tropical hillside and offering stunning views from boutique-y stone cottages surrounded by humming birds. Definitely one of the best places to stay in St Kitts and Nevis if you're looking for a getaway-from-it-all, back to nature type holiday.
To spoil yourself
- Four Seasons on Nevis is a five star hotel with unrivalled facilities and contemporary chic style. As well as all you'd expect from a larger resort, the Four Seasons also has a golf course, lively bars and a spectacular infinity pool.
- The Montpelier Plantation Inn is a sophisticated plantation conversion with 19 rooms, three fine dining restaurants and stunning grounds - set on a beautiful, tropical hillside. They also have a hotel boat.
- Belle Mont Farm, St Kitts is a stunning eco-resort with accommodation in a choice of guesthouses, farmhouses and villas. Guests should expect to be looked after in every imaginable way, including with freshly picked organic produce, in a 100ft infinity pool, an open air spa or on the hotel golf course.
Still not sure which to book? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in St Kitts and Nevis, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice. Alternatively widen the net, and check out all our Caribbean recommendations.
Best Hotels in St Kitts and Nevis
Timothy Beach Resort 60 rooms from $130St Kitts, St Kitts and Nevis
A good choice for a family or those on a budget. The hotel sits on St Kitts' most popular Caribbean beach. Charming rooms have balconies, all the mod cons, and sea views. Lovely pool and grounds, and a good restaurant. Close to lively nightlife. Simple with a relaxed atmosphere.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicOn the beach - Direct access to Frigate Bay Beach on the CaribbeanLively - Hip and happening.
Banyan Tree B&B 3 rooms from $150Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
A charmingly renovated 17th century stone house with a beautiful garden filled with wildlife. Not far from Nevis mountain, eight surrounding beaches, and plenty of hiking trails. Just three bedrooms filled with antique furniture, private balconies, and views out to sea and towards mountains.Views - Serene mountain and seaviews from a distance.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Rock Haven 2 rooms from $179St Kitts, St Kitts and Nevis
A charming little B&B with just two large rooms. Both rooms in pastel colours with spacious living areas and small kitchenettes. Excellent breakfasts, sea views, and lovely patio. Very close to the beach and all the sporting attractions. Ideal for a laid back, understated holiday.Value chicViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Basseterre Cruise Port.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Golden Rock 11 rooms from $180Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
A real gem nestled in a secluded tropical hillside setting. A collection of stone cottages surrounded by humming birds, and that's about it. Boutique rooms all with private verandahs, pool, stunning views into the distance, and an excellent restaurant. Very harmonious.Total relaxation - Complete peace and tranquility in a jungly setting.LuxuryViews - Great views from hotelValue chicRecommended by - Tablet
Hermitage Inn 15 rooms from $180Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
An iconic collection of rooms, cottages, and a manor house on a stunning plantation. Very boutique, very chic throughout. Each room has all the mod cons and verandahs. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool, and a renowned restaurant. Not far from the beach, luxurious, family friendly.Families - The manor house has three double bedrooms which you can book out as a family or group.GroupsRomantic BreakGreat walks - Nature trails on your doorstepRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Four Seasons 196 rooms from $240Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
A Five Star hotel with unrivalled facilities and luxury in a league of its own. Beautiful rooms and suites, contemporary chic in style with all the mod cons. Fabulous restaurants, golf course, infinity pools, spa, beach cabanas, tennis courts, and lively bars. Romantic, buzzing, top of the range.Beach Life - You can rent a luxury beach-style cabana for the day.Spa breaks - Spectacular spa facilities and complex.Swimming Pool - Three beautiful infinity pools.Foodies - Fabulous Caribbean cuisine.
Oualie Beach 32 rooms from $186Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
A charming hotel in Oualie Bay, Nevis with direct access to the beach. Large cottage-style rooms with four poster beds, creamy furnishings, and private balconies. Excellent spa and therapeutic treatments, beach restaurant, and bikes to hire. Family friendly and excellent value.Views - Great views from hotelBeach LifeFamiliesValue chic
Ottley's Plantation Inn 23 rooms from $216St Kitts, St Kitts and Nevis
A superbly stylish colonial plantation with sea views and verdant surroundings. Slightly old-fashioned, but chic, rooms have balconies and views. Large swimming pool, top of the range spa, and Caribbean restaurant. Iconic, family friendly, and sophisticated.Views - A stunning setting with sea views and plenty of greenery.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - 65 foot spring fed swimming poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Montpelier Plantation Inn 19 rooms from $225Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
A fabulous hotel on a plantation. Sophisticated rooms and suites with four poster beds and all the mod cons. Three fine dining restaurants, top of the range spa, stunning grounds, pool, and boat to charter. A tropical hillside setting and an iconic Caribbean atmosphere. Romantic, luxurious.Spa breaks - Full service spa.LuxuryRomantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape, Relais & Chateaux
Nisbet Plantation Inn 36 rooms from $296Nevis, St Kitts and Nevis
A stunning hotel set in 36 acres of coconut plantation and surrounded by white sands. Beautiful rooms and suites, painted in muted pastels with private balconies and all the mod cons. Fabulous Coconuts restaurant, cottage-style spa, tennis courts, and a lively bar. Dreamy.Garden - Stunning grounds, 30 acres of them, dotted with coconut trees.Foodies - Fabulous Caribbean cuisine of lobster, seafood and fruit.Spa breaks - Cottage-style spa.Views - Great views from hotel
Belle Mont Farm from $1125St Kitts, St Kitts and Nevis
Stunning all inclusive eco resort with guesthouses, farmhouses, & villas (which sleep 4). Boutique and eco friendly in every way. Set on an organic farm with stunning views, a golf course, fabulous fresh produce, a 100ft infinity pool, and open-air spa treatments amongst the mango groves. Superb.Families - Between four and eight couples can each be accommodated in their own private Guesthouse.Outstanding location - Surrounded by the lush beauty of the forest and the azure waters of the Caribbean.Spa - The Mango Walk Spa includes Natural pools and open-air treatments.Eco - The hotel is completely sustainable.