Search the best hotels in Santiago
Santiago is the beating heart of Chile. Over 40% of Chileans call this vibrant and cosmopolitan city their home, with its elegant colonial architecture, burgeoning arts scene and top-of-the-range restaurants. With the snowcapped peaks of the Andes looming in the backdrop, Santiago makes for the ideal destination for a family sightseeing holiday, whether you're visiting her many markets, gorgeous neo-Gothic churches or her wide and green public parks, you will find yourself lost in tranquility. The best places to stay in Santiago will ensure that you do.
Her delightful streets teem with designer shops, handicraft markets, art galleries and fabulous gourmet restaurants. Indeed, Santiago is a shopper's paradise. At La Costanera, the tallest building in South America, you will find a gigantic shopping mall full of hip and luxury brands; at the Central Market, a gourmet's Mecca, you will come across stalls selling everything from rare objet d'art to regional wines, while at La Vega Market, you will find custard apples and delicious Chilean seaweed.
Be sure to wander through the Bellavista neighbourhood, one of the trendiest places in the city. Full of Bohemian airs, it brims with exhibition halls, jewellery shops, museums and theatres, while it also boasts the Cerro San Cristobal, the largest green space in the city, where you can find the national zoo and the botanical gardens.
At the centre of the city is the Plazade Armas, a fascinating historic setting dominated by the impressive cathedral, and here you can find vendors selling the traditional "Mote con Huesillo", a peach-based non-alcoholic sweet drink, perfectly refreshing after a long day of sightseeing. Afterwards, consider checking out the Santa Filomena Parish, a 19th century neo-Gothic church with ornate carvings and a snow-white spire that can be seen for miles around.
What not to miss
- Sample some fresh fruit at either the La Vega market or the Central Market!
- Check out the art gallery scene in Bellavista.
- Drink in the spellbinding views atop the highest building in South America, La Costanera!
- Visit the national zoo in the Cerro San Cristobal.
- Walk through the beautiful and lush botanical gardens!
- Find some solace in the cathedral in the Plaza de Armas.
- Marvel at the ornate carvings and snow-white spire of the neo-Gothic Santa Filomena Parish!
Charming, sophisticated and brimming with life, Santiago is the cultural heart of Chile and makes for a fantastic sightseeing destination. Check out our collection of the best places to stay in Santiago to find out more!
The Best Places to Stay in Santiago
- The Hotel Luciano K is a glamorous, lively hotel in an iconic Luciano Kulczewski building. Downstairs is a 1920s Art Deco wonderland of geometric patterns and bright colours, while upstairs there are contemporary rooms and an elegant rooftop bar.
- The Casa Bueras Boutique Hotel is in a beautifully converted 1920s era mansion. There are 14 large rooms with enormous sash windows, dark, polished wood floors and luxurious bathrooms. There’s also a glamorous courtyard pool and an impressive rooftop terrace.
- The Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel is a nine room boutique hotel in trendy Providencia. The rooms have whitewashed walls, wooden floors and French windows, and there’s a communal terrace and indulgent breakfasts on offer. Homely and great value.
- The Hotel Altiplanico is a smart, contemporary, boutique hotel in the heart of town. The 18 rooms have parquet floors, whitewashed walls, plenty of natural light and enormous beds. You’re within a walking distance from many of the city’s main attractions and you’re surrounded by a good range of restaurants and bars.
- La Reve is an elegant and sophisticated stay. The building features large sash windows, soft hues and large terraces. Afternoon tea is served in the leafy courtyard, and the property is ideally located near shops and restaurants.
- Noi Vitacura is a sleek and trendy hotel in an upmarket and residential district, boasting a rooftop pool, spacious rooms and a cocktail bar. Perfect for a city-break in style!
Value for money
- The Vilafranca Petit Hotel is a small, boutique hotel in a great location in the Providencia district. There are seven charming rooms and a tranquil, leafy terrace. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- Mathilda’s Hotel is a refurbished Patrimonial Palace in central Santiago. There are just 13 rooms, all elegant and quite spacious, with colourful paintings. They do a great breakfast and you’re close to the Palacio de La Moneda, Constitution Square and O'Higgins Memorial. Rooms start from around £75 per night.
- CasaSur is a quiet spot of calm in a bustling sea of city life. With lovely cleanly designed rooms decorated with local artefacts, a wonderful terrace with great views and cooking classes in traditional Chilean cuisine on offer.
- Hotel Magnolia is a centrally located property blending contemporary chic styles with traditional aesthetics. The glassroof restaurant is divine and the cocktail bar is the perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing.
- The Aubrey is a fantastic hotel, blending contemporary and traditional styles effortlessly. Boasting individually-designed rooms with plush leather sofas and French doors, the restaurant serves sumptous local cuisine. A pure delight!
- Hotel Castillo Rojo is a bright boutique hotel set in a historic red building. The rooms have a eclectic range of styles, from Tudor to Moorish, and are individually-styled, complete with antiques, chandeliers and parquet flooring.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, on the outskirts of Santiago, and get public transport to the centre.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- Go between November and February, when the temperature ranges between 9 and 30 degrees, and there is little rain.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Chile
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Santiago
Mathildas Hotel 13 rooms from £76Santiago
This refurbished Patrimonial Palace is situated in central Santiago. It offers spacious, elegant rooms decorated in light hues with colourful paintings above the bed. Wake up to a wonderful breakfast before setting off exploring around the city. An extremely classy place to stay.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at this hotelSights nearby - The Palacio de La Moneda, Constitution Square and O'Higgins Memorial are all within walking distance
Vilafranca Petit Hotel 7 rooms from £68Santiago (PROVIDENCIA)
A small boutique hotel that's both light on the purse and centrally located. Charming rooms feature heavy polished furniture, white washed walls and parquet flooring. A tranquil leafy terrace offers the ideal place to sit and unwind after a days exploration. A winning spot.Local exploring - Well located in Santiago’s fashionable Providencia district boasting easy access to the city.Sights nearby - Visit the historic buildings and churches on Plaza de Armas and soak in the buzzing atmosphere.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - I Escape
Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel 9 rooms from £92Santiago (Región Metropolitana)
A quaint boutique hotel in trendy Providencia. White washed rooms are cleanly designed with light wooden floors, french windows and traditional bed throws. Curl up with a book on the shady communal terrace; dine on indulgent breakfasts and let the friendly staff advise on city trips. Charming.Local exploring - This warm and homely hotel is the perfect base for city exploring, with staff knowlegeable on their city.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent 18th-century Catedral Metropolitana in the atmospheric historical heart of Santiago.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Altiplanico 18 rooms from £92Santiago
A smart boutique hotel well located in the cultural and artistic heart of the city. Contemporary rooms feature parquet flooring, white washed walls, plenty of light and enormous beds. Walking distance from some of the city's main attractions and surrounded by restaurants and bars. Very chic.Local exploring - Well located close to the trendy Lastarria district and with many of the city's main attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Walk up Santa Lucía Hill and admire the stunning views from the top.
CasaSur 6 rooms from £123Santiago (Providencia)
A small family-run boutique hotel in a quiet district of Santiago. Cleanly designed throughout, rooms feature soft hues, crisp white linen and local artefacts. A pretty patio is the ideal spot to unwind with a good book. The excellent city links makes this a lovely tranquil city base.Local exploring - Excellent transport links makes city exploration a breeze.Cooking classes - Learn the art of Chilean cooking in a class.Traditional
Hotel Luciano K 38 rooms from £124Santiago (Región Metropolitana)
A glamorous lively hotel housed in an iconic Luciano Kulczewski building in Santiago. Downstairs you are plunged into a 20's Art-Deco wonderland with geometric patterns and brightly coloured lanterns. The rooms are more contemporary but still pack plenty of velvet, and the rooftop bar is a must!City Style - Designed by famed Chilean architect Luciano Kulczewski this Art-Deco masterpiece is brimming with style and vintage glamourClose to nightlife - Right in the heart of the boho Lastarria neighbourhood, within striking distance of all the best dining and drinking spotsHotel Entertainment - Grab a pisco sour at the rooftop bar, hop in the plunge pool and admire the fabulous viewsGreat walks - The hotel faces onto Parque Forestal, great to escape the buzz of the cityRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Magnolia 42 rooms from £127Santiago
A centrally placed property beautifully mixing traditional charm with contemporary style. Smart rooms boast clean design, modern fixtures and plenty of style. An elegant bar is the perfect spot for evening cocktails and the glass roofed restaurant serves modern Chilean cuisine. Very chic.City Style - A sleek urban property just steps from the old town.Sights nearby - Visit the striking Catedral Metropolitana de Santiago.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
Hotel Castillo Rojo 19 rooms from £137Santiago (Bellavista)
A bright boutique property standing proud in the lively district of Bellavista. A heady mix of styles from Tudor, Moorish and Colonial all creating a grand feel. Smart rooms, all individually styled, feature chandeliers, wood panelling and parquet flooring. The perfect base for city exploring.Local exploring - Well located in a lively district ideal for exploring the city's artistic and culinary scenes.Sights nearby - Be sure not to miss La Chascona, the hillside villa of famed poet Pablo Neruda.Full of character
Le Reve 31 rooms from £147Santiago (Providencia)
An elegant boutique hotel situated on a quiet tree-lined street. Lovely light and airy rooms feature sash windows, soft hues and large terraces. Afternoon tea is served in a leafy courtyard and sumptuous breakfasts don't disappoint. Well located with shops and eateries within easy reach. Fabulous.City Style - An elegant hotel located on a quiet street lined with private mansions yet close to the city centre.Sights nearby - Visit the imposing La Moneda Palace. Tours can be arranged with a week's notice.Great walks - Walk up Santa Lucía Hill and admire the stunning views.Romantic - Good for couples.
The Aubrey 15 rooms from £173Santiago (Providencia, Región Metropolitana)
A chic boutique hotel that blends contemporary style with original charm to great effect. 15 individually styled rooms feature polished parquet floors, plush leather sofas and French doors. A smart restaurant serves superb Chilean and international fare. Well located in a lively district. Fabulous.Local exploring - Boasting an excellent location in the lively Bellavista district and with easy access to the metro.Local markets - Search for a steal at the fun Lastarria flea market.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Casa Bueras Boutique Hotel 14 rooms from £176Santiago (Barrio Lastarria)
A gorgeous boutique property set in a converted 1920s mansion. Large rooms feature enormous sash windows, dark polished wooden floors and luxurious bathrooms. A courtyard pool looks fit for a Gatsby party and the rooftop terrace is utterly tranquil. Ideally placed for city exploring. Superb.City Style - A chic boutique hotel in Santiago's trendy arty district.Great walks - Admire the view of the city and the Andes from the top of the Cerro Santa Lucía.Sights nearby - Visit the historic and lively Plaza de Armas for a dose of culture.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Great Small Hotels , Tablet
Noi Vitacura 87 rooms from £179Santiago (Vitacura)
A chic contemporary property in an upmarket residential district. Spacious rooms offer fabulous city views from the floor to ceiling windows. A rooftop pool is the perfect spot to sip a cocktail by. The regional cuisine is exemplary (particularly the seafood) and wine collection spot on. Fabulous.City Style - A sleek hotel boasting an enviable locality, rooftop pool and chic bar.Great walks - Stroll through the Bicentennial Park and marvel at sculptures by some of Chile's finest artists.Sights nearby - Palacio de La Moneda - 4 miles away. The seat of the president of the Republic of Chile.Private Hot Tub - Book one of the Cosmopolitan suites for your private terrace with jacuzzi