Search the best hotels in Santiago
Santiago is the beating heart of Chile. Over 40% of Chileans call this vibrant and cosmopolitan city their home, with its elegant colonial architecture, burgeoning arts scene and top-of-the-range restaurants. Framed by the snowcapped peaks of the Andes, Santiago makes the ideal destination for a city break. The choice of accommodation is broad; our collection of the best places to stay in Santiago range from chic boutiques to colonial style townhouses - and a winery.
Santiago's delightful streets teem with designer shops, handicraft markets, art galleries and fabulous gourmet restaurants. For Santiago is a shopper's paradise. At La Costanera, the tallest building in South America, you will find a gigantic shopping mall full of luxury brands; at the Central Market, a gourmet's mecca, you will come across stalls selling everything from rare objets d'art to regional wines, while at La Vega Market you can buy custard apples and delicious Chilean seaweed.
Be sure to wander through the Bellavista neighbourhood, one of the trendiest places in the city. This bohemian district brims with exhibition halls, jewellery shops, museums and theatres, while it also boasts the Cerro San Cristobal, the largest green space in the city, home to the national zoo and botanical gardens.
At the centre of the city is the Plaza de Armas, a fascinating historic setting dominated by the impressive cathedral, with vendors selling the traditional "Mote con Huesillo", a peach-based non-alcoholic sweet drink, perfectly refreshing after a long day of sightseeing. Afterwards, consider checking out the Santa Filomena Parish, a 19th century neo-Gothic church with ornate carvings and a snow-white spire that can be seen for miles around.
Charming, sophisticated and brimming with life, Santiago is the beating heart of Chile and makes for a fantastic holiday destination. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Santiago to start planning your trip.
The Best Places to Stay in Santiago
- The buzzing Hotel Luciano K is a glamorous, lively hotel in an iconic Luciano Kulczewski building. Downstairs is a 1920s Art Deco wonderland of geometric patterns and bright colours, while upstairs there are contemporary rooms and an elegant rooftop bar.
- The Casa Bueras Boutique Hotel is in a beautifully converted 1920s era mansion. There are 14 large rooms with enormous sash windows, dark, polished wood floors and luxurious bathrooms. There’s also a glamorous courtyard pool and an impressive rooftop terrace.
- The Hotel Altiplanico is a smart, contemporary, boutique hotel in the heart of town. The 18 rooms have parquet floors, whitewashed walls, plenty of natural light and enormous beds. You’re within a walking distance from many of the city’s main attractions and you’re surrounded by a good range of restaurants and bars.
- La Reve makes for an elegant and sophisticated stay. The building features large sash windows, soft hues and large terraces. Afternoon tea is served in the leafy courtyard, and the property is ideally located near shops and restaurants.
- Noi Vitacura is a sleek and trendy hotel in an upmarket and residential district, boasting a rooftop pool, spacious rooms and a cocktail bar. Perfect for a city break in style!
- For something more functional, also boasting a rootop pool, try the Hotel Solace. It's in a quiet area, has a great rooftop bar and gym, and great sunset views.
- Finally, the designer Ismael Hotel is bright and modern, with a small rooftop pool and rooms with balconies over the street, some with freestanding baths. Good art and designer furniture is curated about the hotel, evidence of the care that has gone into its ambience.
Value for money
- Hotel Castillo Rojo is a bright hotel of character in a historic colonial style building. The rooms have an eclectic range of styles, from Tudor to Moorish, and are individually-styled, complete with antiques, chandeliers and parquet flooring.
- Mathildas Hotel is a refurbished patrimonial palace in central Santiago with a charming courtyard garden. There are just 13 rooms, all elegant and quite spacious, with colourful paintings. They do a great breakfast and you’re close to the Palacio de La Moneda, Constitution Square and O'Higgins Memorial.
- CasaSur is a quiet spot of calm in a bustling sea of city life. With lovely cleanly designed rooms decorated with local artefacts, a wonderful terrace with great views and cooking classes in traditional Chilean cuisine on offer.
- The good value and funky looking Hotel Cumbres Lastarria is in a great area, surrounded by restaurants and boutiques. The rooms are individually styled and there's a sleek roof top restaurant next to a pool.
For well heeled couples
- The Ritz Carlton Santiago is a large hotel and the top choice for well heeled business people and couples who want the luxury of feeling at home, with its pampering rooftop spa, indoor pool, and well equipped gym. There are three restaurants to choose from, and rooms are reassuringly comfortable.
- For a more boutique hotel experience, just steps away from the trendy Lastarria neighborhood, the intimate but in many ways more exclusive Hotel Magnolia blends contemporary chic with more traditional aesthetics. The glass roof restaurant is divine and the cocktail bar is the perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing.
- Finally, in Lastarria itself, check out The Singular Santiago, a trendy and elegant design hotel with a rooftop pool with views of the Andes. Its cosy library style is a neighborhood draw.
Out of town
- The colonial style Casa Real is a charming and historic property in the Santa Rita winery, just 30 minutes to the south of the city. It's a great place to stay in the summer, with its lush gardens, lake, and beautiful outdoor pool. Many come here for the food, and rooms are elegant and traditionally furnished.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, on the outskirts of Santiago, and get public transport in to the centre.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- Go between November and February, when the temperature ranges between 9 and 30 degrees, and there is little rain.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include Valparaiso or Concon.
- Browse through our full collection of the best places to stay in Chile.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Santiago
Best Hotels in Santiago
Hotel Altiplanico, Santiago Santiago 18 rooms from £94Local exploring - Well located close to the trendy Lastarria district and with many of the city's main attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Walk up Santa Lucía Hill and admire the stunning views from the top.Boutique
A smart boutique hotel well located in the cultural and artistic heart of the city. Contemporary rooms feature parquet flooring, white washed walls, plenty of light and enormous beds. Walking distance from some of the city's main attractions and surrounded by restaurants and bars. Very chic. See More
Solace Santiago (Providencia) 108 rooms from £97Business meetings - Large meeting rooms, modern facilities and a great urban setting make Solace Hotel ideal for corporate eventsLocal exploring - Get to know the hip Providencia district of Santiago where the hotel is locatedCity Style - Enjoy the panoramic views of Santiago from this amazing central locationSights nearby - Situated just one block from Pedro de Valdivia Metro Station, Solace is a great base from which to explore Santiago
A chic contemporary hotel boasting a glorious rooftop pool and bar offering impressive city views. Rooms are spacious, modern and tastefully decorated. The Zafferano restaurant serves sophisticated cuisine and has a well-picked wine list. For after dinner, there are also two bars to choose from. See More
Mathildas Hotel Santiago (Región Metropolitana) 17 rooms from £101Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at this hotelSights nearby - The Palacio de La Moneda, Constitution Square and O'Higgins Memorial are all within walking distanceRestaurant - A la carteBoutique
Maison Italia 1029 Santiago (Providencia) 5 rooms from £125City Style - Conveniently located in Santiago's hip Barrio Italia neighbourhoodLocal exploring - Explore Barrio Italia, start with the Plaza ItaliaRestrictions on children - Adult onlyBoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel seamlessly blending the old and the new with the exterior of a 20th-century townhouse and contemporary interior design. Guests can enjoy views of the mountains whilst eating breakfast on the rooftop which doubles up as a bar. The restaurant downstairs serves good local cuisine. See More
CasaSur Santiago (Providencia) 6 rooms from £125Local exploring - Excellent transport links makes city exploration a breeze.Cooking classes - Learn the art of Chilean cooking in a class.TraditionalBoutique
A small family-run boutique hotel in a quiet district of Santiago. Cleanly designed throughout, rooms feature soft hues, crisp white linen and local artefacts. A pretty patio is the ideal spot to unwind with a good book. The excellent city links makes this a lovely tranquil city base. See More
Hotel Luciano K Santiago (Región Metropolitana) 38 rooms from £126City Style - Designed by famed Chilean architect Luciano Kulczewski this Art-Deco masterpiece is brimming with style and vintage glamourClose to nightlife - Right in the heart of the boho Lastarria neighbourhood, within striking distance of all the best dining and drinking spotsHotel Entertainment - Grab a pisco sour at the rooftop bar, hop in the plunge pool and admire the fabulous viewsGreat walks - The hotel faces onto Parque Forestal, great to escape the buzz of the cityRecommended by - Tablet
A glamorous lively hotel housed in an iconic Luciano Kulczewski building in Santiago. Downstairs you are plunged into a 20's Art-Deco wonderland with geometric patterns and brightly coloured lanterns. The rooms are more contemporary but still pack plenty of velvet, and the rooftop bar is a must! See More
Hotel Magnolia Santiago 42 rooms from £129City Style - A sleek urban property just steps from the old town.Sights nearby - Visit the striking Catedral Metropolitana de Santiago.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
A centrally placed property beautifully mixing traditional charm with contemporary style. Smart rooms boast clean design, modern fixtures and plenty of style. An elegant bar is the perfect spot for evening cocktails and the glass roofed restaurant serves modern Chilean cuisine. Very chic. See More
Hotel Castillo Rojo Santiago (Bellavista) 19 rooms from £140Local exploring - Well located in a lively district ideal for exploring the city's artistic and culinary scenes.Sights nearby - Be sure not to miss La Chascona, the hillside villa of famed poet Pablo Neruda.Full of characterBoutique
A bright boutique property standing proud in the lively district of Bellavista. A heady mix of styles from Tudor, Moorish and Colonial all creating a grand feel. Smart rooms, all individually styled, feature chandeliers, wood panelling and parquet flooring. The perfect base for city exploring. See More
Hotel Ismael Santiago City Centre 44 rooms from £145City Style - Hotel Ismael is in the heart of Santiago next to the Universidad Catolica Metro Station in the bustling Lazarria neighbourhoodLocal exploring - Santiago's greatest attractions are within walking distance including the Museum of Contemporary Art, Parque Forestal and moreSights nearby - A wonderful location overlooking the iconic Parque ForestalDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A hip designer hotel in downtown Santiago offering stylishly decorated rooms complete with private balconies. The rooftop terrace, featuring an outdoor pool and bar, is the perfect hangout spot. Guests are in a prime location to explore Santiago's finest restaurants and bars. See More
Le Reve Santiago (Providencia) 31 rooms from £149City Style - An elegant hotel located on a quiet street lined with private mansions yet close to the city centre.Sights nearby - Visit the imposing La Moneda Palace. Tours can be arranged with a week's notice.Great walks - Walk up Santa Lucía Hill and admire the stunning views.Romantic - Good for couples.
An elegant boutique hotel situated on a quiet tree-lined street. Lovely light and airy rooms feature sash windows, soft hues and large terraces. Afternoon tea is served in a leafy courtyard and sumptuous breakfasts don't disappoint. Well located with shops and eateries within easy reach. Fabulous. See More
Hotel Cumbres Lastarria Santiago City Centre 70 rooms from £156Foodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice here, with a gourmet Patagonian restaurant on-site and hundreds of local restaurants in the areaLocal exploring - With a coveted setting in the Lastarria neighbourhood, this hotel is the perfect starting point for local exploring in SantiagoCity Style - With boutique interiors and a chic, central location, this hotel has reams of city styleSights nearby - Visit the Santa Lucía Hill, a charming sculptured garden a stone's throw from the hotel
This boutique hotel is located in the heart of the stylish Lastarrias neighbourhood in Santiago, Chile. Guestrooms incorporate art and contemporary design pieces; book a superior suite for extra living space. Dine at the sleek Punto Ocho rooftop restaurant after a dip in the pool; a chic city hotel. See More
Casa Bueras Boutique Hotel Santiago (Barrio Lastarria) 14 rooms from £179City Style - A chic boutique hotel in Santiago's trendy arty district.Great walks - Admire the view of the city and the Andes from the top of the Cerro Santa Lucía.Sights nearby - Visit the historic and lively Plaza de Armas for a dose of culture.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Great Small Hotels , Tablet
A gorgeous boutique property set in a converted 1920s mansion. Large rooms feature enormous sash windows, dark polished wooden floors and luxurious bathrooms. A courtyard pool looks fit for a Gatsby party and the rooftop terrace is utterly tranquil. Ideally placed for city exploring. Superb. See More
Noi Vitacura Santiago (Vitacura) 87 rooms from £182City Style - A sleek hotel boasting an enviable locality, rooftop pool and chic bar.Great walks - Stroll through the Bicentennial Park and marvel at sculptures by some of Chile's finest artists.Sights nearby - Palacio de La Moneda - 4 miles away. The seat of the president of the Republic of Chile.Private Hot Tub - Book one of the Cosmopolitan suites for your private terrace with hot tub
A chic contemporary property in an upmarket residential district. Spacious rooms offer fabulous city views from the floor to ceiling windows. A rooftop pool is the perfect spot to sip a cocktail by. The regional cuisine is exemplary (particularly the seafood) and wine collection spot on. Fabulous. See More
The Singular Santiago Santiago City Centre 62 rooms from £285Local exploring - With a coveted location in the stylish Lastarria neighbourhood, this hotel is a great starting point for local exploringCity Style - With neoclassical design inspired by the city's architecture, this hotel is styled on Santiago itselfRomantic Break - Couples love the elegant suites at this hotel; book a couples' massage for a romantic eveningGreat walks - Take a walk up Cerro San Cristóbal and visit the landmark statue of Virgin Mary at the topRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This luxury hotel is located in the bohemian Lastarria neighbourhood of Santiago, Chile. Rooms are dressed in a neoclassical style and feature a blend of classic and contemporary design pieces; book the suite for plush living space. Sample a signature cocktail at the Merced Bar; a chic city hotel. See More
Ritz-Carlton Santiago Santiago (Las Condes) 205 rooms from £288Business meetings - The central location, large conference rooms and facilities make the Ritz perfect for a corporate eventRomantic Break - This glamorous hotel with luxurious facilities and prime location is perfect for a romantic getawayWeddings - Plan that perfect wedding with Ritz's team of professional wedding plannersCity Style - Discover Santiago's prestigious El Golf neighbourhoodRecommended by - Tablet
The world's most famous 5-star chain offers guests a glamorous stay in Santiago with a luxurious rooftop spa, an indoor pool, and gym. There are 3 restaurants to choose from and the bar offers premium cocktails and fine wines. Rooms are stylish and come with marble bathrooms. See More
Hotel Casa Real Santiago 16 rooms from £386Romantic Break - The breathtaking views, elegant decor and top service make for a great romantic break. Start with a picnic-for-two in the gardenCountry Escape - This neoclassical property located in Chile's Maipo Valley at the foot of the Andes is perfect for a country breakGreat walks - The Maipo Valley and surrounding mountains are best explored on footRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accomodated at this property
A charming historic property set in the Santa Rita winery. Hotel Casa Real has sprawling luscious green gardens featuring a lagoon, black-necked swans and Roman baths. Guests can dine outside in the garden or in the restaurant. Rooms are beautifully decorated and in keeping with the colonial decor. See More