Search the best hotels in Alpe d'Huez
About Alpe d'Huez
Alpe d'Huez is a modern, family friendly ski spot with 250kms worth of well-groomed, sunny piste. It's also one of the world's largest, here you'll find a run to suit every level, lively apres ski and plenty of options when it comes the best places to stay in Alpe d'Huez and the best places to eat in Alpe d'Huez.
What Not To Miss
- The skiing! With no shortage of runs catering to abilities of all levels, along with plenty of lively apres ski locations - the slopes offer something for everyone.
- In Summer, if you're not diving out of the way of the Tour de France - which often enjoys these meadow views and the 21 hairpin turns up to the ski station, you'll be free to hike and bike the terrain in every direction.
- The Eglise Notre-Dame-des-Neiges is a stunning modern church with impressive stained glass windows and an organ dominating the central space.
- Or for something a bit different visit the Grotte De Glace - a captivating ice cave filled with intricate sculptures that are beautifully lit.
Don't forget that during the peak winter months and Tour de France season, this is a very popular resort. So if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Alpe d'Huez, do yourself a favour and book early!
The best places to stay in Alpe d'Huez
For ski-in ski-out location
- Au Chamois D'Or is a cosy, yet modern, chalet in the heart of Alpe d'Huez overlooking the peaks of the Grandes Rousses. The 42 rooms and suites are decked out in plenty of wood, and have private balconies, so you'll have your very own view! There's also ski-to-door access to the slopes.
In neighbouring Les Deux Alpes
- Chalet Mounier is lower down the mountains, closer to the Écrins National Park and Les Deux Alpes. Its 43 rooms are also decked out in the traditional wood style, and it has a beautiful terrace and full spa with hot tubs. The restaurant has a Michelin star and there's an elegant bar.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for exploring the mountains.
- Fly to Alpes–Isère Airport located just outside Grenoble, 106km (65 miles) from Alpe d'Huez, with a selection of flights across Europe including to multiple destinations in the UK.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the mountains - click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - December to April for the skiing or July to September for summer activities.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Alpe d'Huez,
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Les Deux Alpes,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Alpe d'Huez
Best Hotels in Alpe d'Huez
Au Chamois D'Or Alpe D'Huez, Alpe d'Huez 42 rooms from £256Other Activities - Cross-country skiing, hikes, snowshoes, driving on ice, first flight, under-ice diving, snowmobile, ski by nightSkiing - Ski-to-door accessActive HolidayViews - Views of the mountains and ski runs