Search the best hotels in Alsace
The Alsace is the historic region of France where it borders Germany along the Rhine to the east and Switzerland (german-speaking) to the south, with the Vosges mountains occupying its western flank. This land has changed hands numerous times giving it a distinct regional feel. It’s French, but with definite German influences, which can be seen in the architecture of the historic cities and castles which sprout up here and there. There are as many reasons to visit the region as there are great hotels in Alsace. And our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Alsace range from stone farmhouses on the famous Alsace Wine Route, to Strasbourg city break hotels to remote châteaux with spectacular views.
Where To Stay - Which town/area?
- Strasbourg is a wonderfully charming city, with a UNESCO heritage-listed centre and plenty of cultural hotspots.
- Marlenheim is a quaint town filled with half-timbered, typically-European houses and plenty of good local vineyards to visit.
- Medieval Obernai is another top spot if you're looking for a quiet retreat along the Alsace Wine Route.
- Colmar is a beautiful town which boasts colourful timber houses dotted along the riverside. An incredibly picturesque stay!
- Sélestat is known for its historic architecture and bustling markets.
- Good bases for the wine route are Colmar, Obernai, and Selestat - we'd recommend a night in each!
What Not To Miss
- Alsace is known for having some of Europe’s most beautiful cathedrals and churches.
- If you’re here for the food, which is another of Alsace’s great prides - it’s distinctly Gallic, but with some German influences - then you’ll find plenty to sample. Alsace is the smallest French region, but it has the greatest number of five-star chefs per capita.
- This is a great region to explore on a bike, especially if you’re particularly interested in the food and wine of the area.
- The Ballons des Voges Nature Park is a stunning slice of rural France that's a must-visit for nature-lovers.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Alsace range from cheap and cheerful to an adults-only luxury retreat, and everything inbetween - there is certainly something for everyone whatever your taste or budget!
The best places to stay in Alsace
- Du Cote de Chez Anne - awash with Alsatian charm, Du Cote de Chez Anne is a delightful hotel on the outskirts of Strasbourg. The cosy, boutique rooms are individually decorated and reflect the rich hunting culture of Alsace. After a day of exploring the city, sample delicious regional cuisine in the hotel's restaurant.
- Le Bouclier d'Or - this glorious hotel is situated in the historic La Petite France district of Strasbourg. Rooms are notably antique chic with beautiful individually selected furniture and its spa is perfect for a relaxing detox. Beautifully positioned to explore the rich culture of the Alsatian capital.
- The Cour du Corbeau in Strasbourg is a Louis XV era building with classic modern interiors and plenty of romance to it. Rooms are light and airy and there’s a lively bar.
- The Regent Contades is an Art Nouveau townhouse in Strasbourg, close to a number of notable restaurants. Sophisticated, yet modern it’s also quite reasonably priced.
- Hotel D - situated in central Strasbourg, Hotel D is a perfect base to explore the city from, with the local sites only a short walk away. Spacious, modern rooms and suites decorated in neutral palettes with splashes of colour and luxury accessories. Plus fitness centre & sauna. Ideal for business or pleasure.
- Regent Petite France is a fantastic hotel on the river with a state-of-the-art spa. Rooms and suites in classic contemporary style and all the mod cons. Excellent cuisine and a large choice of champagne, extensive pampering, and wonderful riverside surroundings. For the luxury traveller.
- Hotel Hannong is a contemporary hotel in historic city centre. Gorgeous rooms have hardwood floors, muted colour palettes and big bathrooms. Rooftop terrace and bar to enjoy an evening drink. Great breakfast and very good service. Stylish base to explore the city.
For The Ballons des Voges Nature Park
- Le B Espace Suites in Riquewihr is a traditional timbered house in the heart of the wine regions with boutique suites and a luxurious, private cottage set amongst the vineyards. Great restaurant and great for walkers.
- Le Clos St Vincent is surrounded by vineyards and stunning views. Accommodation is in a choice of rooms and wood cabins, all with elegant furnishings, and there’s a restaurant, indoor pool and spa.
- La Cour du Bailli is a quaint hotel with spa, indoor pool and courtyard restaurant in the heart of Alsace wine country. Bedrooms and suites are decorated in an authentic period Alsatian style. Atmospheric restaurant, plus spa with indoor pool and hot tub. A charming country hideaway.
- Auberge de la Poulciere is a lovely chalet in converted farmhouse. Contemporary rooms have beamed ceilings, wooden walls and suede furniture. Two sun terraces and library to relax in. Superb French menu in the restaurant-with-a-view. Family friendly, cosy and good value.
- Le Chambard, this hotel provides the utmost in comfort and mod-cons for its guests. The bedrooms are comfortable and chic and the indoor pool and spa offers the chance to unwind. Located in the charming village of Kaysersburg this is the perfect spot for local exploring, be it hiking, cycling or wine tasting.
- Le Grand Chalet et Spa is an adult only luxury retreat in the heart of wine country. Beautiful suites offer top notch accommodation with stunning views. Chef will individually prepare breakfast and evening meals to be enjoyed in your room or suite. A romantic haven for total relaxation with spa and hot tub.
- The Hotel Quatorze in Colmar is a chic, modern hotel just minutes from the centre of town. Think original artworks and designer furniture etc...
- The 22 room L'Ami Fritz is a wonderful 18th Century stone house right in the middle of the wine regions with views of Mont Saint Odile. Their restaurant has a delicious reputation for Alsatian food too.
- A La cour d'Alsace is an elegant hotel in Medieval town. Bedrooms feature beamed ceilings and antique style furniture. Indoor pool, sauna and spa treatments. Gardens and terraces. Superb regional cuisine, atmospheric bar. A charming stay in idyllic location.
- Hostellerie des chateaux et spa is a luxurious spa hotel on the Alsace wine route. Guestrooms are elegant with cream wallpapers and leather furniture. Indoor pool, spa and a grand total of six saunas means there are plenty of ways ro relax. Two restaurants with excellent Alsatian cuisine. Stylish relaxation.
- Le Parc Hotel - don't be fooled by the alpine exterior, this hotel is a blend of traditional and modern. The menu is a contemporary take on Alsatian dishes and continental breakfast is a lavish spread. Some rooms are classic country, others brazenly modern - all with views. There are two pools and spa.
- Hostellerie Abbaye de la Pommeraie is a former Cistercian Abbey, this charming historic hotel has fourteen elegantly decorated bedrooms and a gourmet restaurant. Just a short drive from many Alsace vineyards, and next to the stunning town of Sélestat, there is plenty of exploring to do nearby. A quiet country spot.
- Alternatively you can stay at Les Pres d'Ondine, a charming guesthouse with a traditional, homely feel and a small spa with sauna and hot tub.
- Or at the Auberge d'Illwald, which has 16 contemporary rooms, an outdoor pool with a sauna, gym and gardens, and is surrounded by peaceful woods.
- Chateau de Grunstein is a beautiful rural hotel set in a charming twelfth century chateau. Retaining its historical charm, the hotel is replete with ornate furniture, carpets and artwork. The spacious suites are comfortable and with some of them sleeping up to four, it's perfect for a group trip to Alsace.
- The Hôtel Le Moulin is in the northern corner of Alsace, near the Parc Naturel Régional des Vosges. It’s a quaint converted mill oozing rustic charm, with 12 elegant rooms and a good restaurant on site.
- La Cour de Lise is a family-run 18th century B&B, located in rural Alsace. Beautifully decorated rooms retain original features with exposed beams, period furnishings and plush throws and cushions. Dine on gourmet dishes - the cuisine is something of a showstopper - in a converted barn. All this plus pool and gardens.
- Le Schaeferhof is a traditional country house with plenty of charm, located at the foot of the Grand Ballon mountain. Traditional wooden beams adorn the bedrooms in addition to beautiful draped beds and fine furniture. A small spa is on offer for guests as well as a games room. A cosy hideaway.
- La Grange a Elise is a charming B&B just outside Mulhouse with five bedrooms, including a duplex which can sleep up to four. Traditional in style they’re well positioned for local sights and they do a fantastic Alsatian breakfast.
- Chut Hotel Restaurant in Strasbourg is a Michelin recommended restaurant with eight charming rooms and suites. It’s also well located for the major sights and markets.
- Le Cerf provides unique accommodation, just 20 minutes outside Strasbourg. Rooms range from retro chic to minimalist modern; throughout its colourful, vibrant interiors make this a charming spot. But the real draw is the food, Michel Hussar's Alsatian cuisine is Michelin starred!
- La Maison des Tetes in Colmar is a magical five star hotel with lovely heritage details like exposed beams and sloping roofs. As well as looking romantic they also have a gastronomic restaurant and lovely courtyards and terraces.
- Hotel au Soldat de l'An Deux - known for its fantastic restaurant, this hotel also provides guests with ornately decorated bedrooms featuring parquet floors, canopied beds and antique furniture. Enjoy the quiet garden and terrace or spend the day pursuing outdoor activities nearby. A country retreat for foodies!
- Hotel K - contemporary luxury set in green parkland with glorious views. Dark wood interiors add warmth and a feeling of harmony with the outdoors. Bedrooms are stylish with feature bathtubs and contemporary furnishings. A remote countryside retreat, with gourmet restaurant next door.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com, for a diverse selection of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, located 129km (80 miles) from Strasbourg, with a wide selection of flights across Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Alsace with extensive rail links across the region and further afield including to Germany and Switzerland.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the region, click here for prices and booking with our online partner Rental Cars.
- You're best off visiting in the summer months, from June to August, when the average daily temperature rises to around 20°C.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in Alsace
Hotel Villa Rosa 8 rooms from £57Colmar
This friendly little country hotel in Alsace, is in the heart of the green landscapes of the Parc Naturel Régional des Ballons des Vosges. The hotel's 8 rooms are simple and comfortable. The owners prepare regional cuisine with ingredients sourced from the garden. Relaxed and great value.Skiing - Cross-country ski hire from the resort in Lac BlancTrekking - Parc Naturel Régional des Ballons des Vosges.Tennis - Tennis Court in Trois EpisGreat walks - Fantastic local walks
Les Pres d'Ondine 12 rooms from £66Selestat (Alsace)
Les Pres d'Ondine is a charming guest house located on the quaint L'Ill river. Bedrooms are traditional in style with a homely feel. Enjoy meals on the shady veranda. There is a small spa with sauna and hot tub - facials and other treatments on offer. Fun, low key, local exploring.Birdwatching - The Volerie des Aigles - birdwatching at Kintzheim CastleBack to Nature - A true country abode - complete with horse and cart.Kayaking - Canoeing on the L'IllSights nearby - The Alsace Ecomuseum
La Cour du Bailli 38 rooms from £69Selestat (Alsace)
La Cour du Bailli is a quaint hotel with spa, indoor pool and courtyard restaurant in the heart of Alsace wine country. Bedrooms and suites are decorated in an authentic period Alsatian style. Atmospheric restaurant, plus spa with indoor pool and hot tub. A charming country hideaway.Spa - With three treatment rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tubLocal markets - explore the local marketSights nearby - Visit Colmar Old TownFull of character
Hupsa Pfannala 3 rooms from £70Alsace
Charming and spacious rooms in Saint Hippolyte. All rooms come with a flatscreen, exposed beams, soft hues and the best have roll-top baths. Cottages can be rented out to larger groups. There is an in-house bar, restaurant and garden terrace. A spoiling stay.Country Escape - A charming rural property surrounded by countless vineyards and orchards.Sights nearby - Only a short drive from Le Haut Koenigsbourg, a Medieval castle.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
La Forestiere 5 rooms from £71Alsace
Elegant and traditionally-furnished rooms in a mountain village nearby Colmar. The five cosy rooms boast stunning views of forests, meadows or mountains. There is a restaurant that serves locally-sourced cuisine. A charming rural escape.Back to Nature - In a charming rural French location, amongst rolling green vineyards, multi-coloured meadows and sandstone mountains.Active Holiday - Close to the Alsace Wine Route, you can hire a bike and tour the villages, chapels and castles that line the way.Sights nearby - Nearby is a Roman road and Strasbourg Cathedral.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
Hotel Hannong 72 rooms from £75Strasbourg
Contemporary hotel in historic city centre. Gorgeous rooms have hardwood floors, muted colour palettes and big bathrooms. Rooftop terrace and bar to enjoy an evening drink. Great breakfast and very good service. Stylish base to explore the city.City Style - Chic rooms, close to tram and train stations and the picturesque "La petite France" district to stroll through cobbled streetsSights nearby - European Parliament Building is 3km awayDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Hôtel à la Ferme 15 rooms from £78Osthouse, Alsace
Just south of Strasbourg in a small village on the banks of Rhine, a chic farmhouse conversion overlooking a beautiful château. Rooms are an eclectic mix of contemporary design & antiques. Borrow a bike and explore the Alsace wine routes. Enjoy gourmet local French cuisine at the restaurant.Views - Overlooks Osthouse ChateauLocal markets - Good for local colour.Full of characterSecluded setting - For escaping.
Auberge de I'illwald 16 rooms from £79Selestat
Quiet hotel within woods. Contemporary rooms have wooden walls, modern artworks, modern furniture and bathrooms. Outdoor pool, sauna, gym and gardens. Intimate restaurant and bar which is simple and excellent. A great stop off on a wine route, peaceful and lovely.Country Escape - Enjoy outdoor pool, deer-filled forest, eagles flying overhead and fireplaces on your return to hotelSights nearby - The cities of Strasbourg and ColmarGreat walks - In Illwad forestSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Auberge de la Poulciere 8 rooms from £81Gerardmer (Les Bas Rupts)
Lovely chalet in converted farmhouse. Contemporary rooms have beamed ceilings, wooden walls and suede furniture. Two sun terraces and library to relax in. Superb French menu in the restaurant-with-a-view. Family friendly, cosy and good value.Active Holiday - Miles of country walks and cycle trails. Enjoy views from the terrace after a day on the slopesLocal markets - 5-minute drive from Gerardmer City CentreFishing - Nearby; hotel can advise on local rulesRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Pavillon 7 6 rooms from £82Obernai
Le Pavillion 7 is a chic and intimate hotel nestled in the centre of Obernai with original art adorning its walls. All rooms are air-conditioned and have a minibar whilst room 704 has a roof terrace, sauna and fitness room. Restaurants serving the finest French cuisine are within walking distance.Short fly break - Strasbourg International Airport is less than 15km away so makes for a great quick getawayRomantic Break - Room 701 is the perfect place for a romantic break with exclusive private spa facilitiesLocal exploring - Get to know Obernai, a delightful Alsatian town famous for its beer and wineGreat walks - Walk the famous Alsace Wine Route running through impressive vineyards and sleepy villagesRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
La Maison d'Emilie 5 rooms from £83Pfaffenheim, Alsace
Renovated 17th century village house and B&B in the heart of Alsace. Rooms mix modern and old: exposed beams, minimalist decor and designer furniture. The atmospheric restaurant serves seasonal, locally-sourced meals. A charming stay.Local exploring - Colmar, the region's capital, is only nine miles away, where you can find local markets and museums.Foodies - Alsace is a region famous for its wine and Pfaffenheim is no exception, boasting many wineries.Back to Nature - The hotel lies in the jurisdiction of the Ballons des Vosges National Park.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Hôtel Le Moulin 12 rooms from £83Gundershoffen, Alsace
Quaint converted French Mill that oozes rustic charm and beauty. The twelve individually designed rooms and suites are elegant and understated with cool lighting and neutral hues. Le Jardin de Moulin, the on site restaurant offers classic French food. Explore the river gardens too!Sights nearby - Parc Naturel Régional des Vosges du Nord and just 40km from StrasbourgViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.
La Haute Grange 4 rooms from £83Fréland, Alsace
Beautifully situated farmhouse B&B surrounded by forest and a lovely garden. Four bedrooms with parquet floor and contemporary style furnishings. Cosy guest sitting room with fireplace and garden with terraces for sitting out. A luxury adults only retreat in the heart of Alsace.Views - Stunning views over the surrounding countrysideIn/by a Nature Reserve - Ballons des Vosges Regional Nature ParkWine tasting - Alsace Wine RouteSights nearby - Just minutes from the "Route du Vin". Loads of pretty villages to exploreRecommended by - Sawdays
Regent Contades 48 rooms from £87Strasbourg
An Art Nouveau townhouse with lots of character. Contemporary classic rooms and suites with all the mod cons and sophisticated furnishings. Close to the river and all the attractions. A great spot for foodies to explore the restaurants around.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Villa Elyane 5 rooms from £87Colmar (Colmar,)
A charming B&B set in a stunning villa built in 1920. Rooms are bright and spacious and are decorated in a tasteful contemporary style. Guests can relax in the warm and inviting library or the old smoking room. The host serves a delicious breakfast and there are restaurants a short walk away.Families - Villa Elyane is perfect for children with a playground, large family rooms and movie nightsLocal exploring - Discover Colmar, the Alsation capital knows as "Little Venice"Sights nearby - Get to know the delights of Colmar all located nearby including Colmar Little Venice and Saint-Martin Collegiate ChurchGreat walks - Walk along the stunning Alsace Wine route and discover quaint villages and luscious vineyards
Hotel D 37 rooms from £88Strasbourg
Situated in central Strasbourg, Hotel D is a perfect base to explore the city from, with the local sites only a short walk away. Spacious, modern rooms and suites decorated in neutral palettes with splashes of colour and luxury accessories. Plus fitness centre & sauna. Ideal for business or pleasureSights nearby - Go visit the National Rhine Opera, the Rhine Palace or the Catholic Church Saint Pierre le JeuneLocal markets - Only a few minutes walk away from the Christmas marketQuirky - An experience!
L'Ami Fritz 22 rooms from £89Obernai (Ottrott)
A delightful 18th Century stone house in the midst of the wine growing region. Views of Mont Saint Odile. Delicious Alsacienne seasonal food served in the cosy traditional interior or on the terrace in Ottrott-Le-Haut. Heated outdoor pool for relaxing after a day's exploring. A piece of heaven!Wine tasting - Winetasting nearby. le rouge d'Ottrott & Sylvaner, Pinot Blanc, Crémant, Gewurztraminer, Riesling, Muscat, Crémant…Sights nearby - Ancient monastery dedicated to St Odile, patron saint of Alsace.Great walks - Lovely countryside for walking and hiking for all abilitiesSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool heated from May to September
La Grange a Elise 5 rooms from £92Mulhouse
Charming B&B just outside Mulhouse. Five bedrooms (including a duplex which can sleep up to four) are traditional in style and feature antique furniture and parquet flooring. Delicious Alsatian breakfasts with regional, home made pastries. Perfect for local exploring.Great walks - Ballons des Vosges Regional Nature ParkCycling - Cycle into the Alsace countrysideGolf - Golf Du Chateau De HombourgSights nearby - Temple Saint Etienne
Le Parc Hotel 62 rooms from £96Obernai (Alsace)
Don't be fooled by the alpine exterior, this hotel is a blend of traditional and modern. The menu is a contemporary take on Alsatian dishes and continental breakfast is a lavish spread. Some rooms are classic country, others brazenly modern - all with views. There are two pools and spa.Great walks - Take a walk up to Mont Sainte Odile Convent, a peaceful abode in this village setting.Sights nearby - The National Automobile Museum is an excellent day out, not just for pertrol heads!Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Chut Hotel Restaurant 8 rooms from £96Strasbourg
A Michelin recommended restaurant with charming rooms. Fantastic gourmet cuisine, lovely rooms and suites. Stone courtyard and sitting room. A great spot for a gourmet stop over.Foodies - Michelin recommeneded restaurant.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Le Clos Saint Leonard 3 rooms from £96Obernai
An 18th century former Benedictine abbey set in the heart of the Alsace wine route. Offering just a room, a suit and a house all traditionally dressed and filled with antiques. Set in beautiful mature gardens and well located for exploring the region.Local exploring - Boasting a charming spot on the Alsace wine route.Great walks - Take long walks in the picturesque surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the Mont Sainte Odile Convent in Obernai.Romantic - Good for couples.
Le Clos St Vincent 24 rooms from £112Ribeauville
A romantic Four Star hotel set in the hills with valley views and vineyards around. Rooms and suites in the style of wood cabins have elegant furnishings, all the mod cons, and private balconies. Dinner served in the restaurant, indoor pool, and therapeutic spa facilities. A country escape.Views - Stunning valley views from all angles.Sights nearby - St. Ulrich Fortress, Centre de Reintroduction des Cigognes et des Loutres, Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg and Kayserberg Castle.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Great walks - Good for walkers.
La Maison des Tetes 21 rooms from £116Colmar
A fabulous Five Star hotel in an Alsatian town. Elegant rooms have exposed beams, sloped roofs, some with views across the courtyard. A gastronomic experience in the restaurant and a lovely shady terrace on which to enjoy a drink. A great choice for families or couples.Romantic Break - Colmar hosts "Little Venice" for boat rides, gourmet meals in the hotel and listen to some jazz at the festivalFamilies - Larger suites can accommodate extra little ones, toy museum, tasty treats from the food marketsGreat walks - Along the Crest Road which links up Cernay and Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines progressing over 77 kilometresLocal markets - Market hall hosts daily food marketsRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel au Soldat de l'An Deux 7 rooms from £119Phalsbourg (Alsace)
Known for its fantastic restaurant, this hotel also provides guests with ornately decorated bedrooms featuring parquet floors, canopied beds and antique furniture. Enjoy the quiet garden and terrace or spend the day pursuing outdoor activities nearby. A country retreat for foodies!Foodies - The gourmet restaurant holds one Michelin Star. Try the chef's renowned breakfast with foie gras and truffle brouillade.Great walks - Fantastic walks in the nearby national parkFull of characterSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Les Chambres de L'Atelier 3 rooms from £105Obernai
A small B&B offering rustic chic accommodation set along the Alsace wine route. A handful of individually styled rooms feature exposed beams, wooden floors, crisp white linen and luxurious bathrooms. Indulgent continental breakfasts are served and there's plenty to explore in the surrounding area.Local exploring - Well positioned along the Alsace wine route and offering easy access to the region's attractions.Local markets - Visit the renowned Christmas markets at Colmar and Eguisheim.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyFull of character
Unter der Linde 5 rooms from £110Alsace
A charming 15th century half-timbered house set in beautiful parkland at the gates of the Alsace Wine Route. The five rooms are impeccably styled with polished wooden floors, free-standing baths and exposed beams. A delightful spot to explore the region from.Country Escape - A beautiful historical rural house set in picturesque countryside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
Hostellerie Le Marechal 30 rooms from £110Colmar (Noires)
This charming building lies in Colmar's historical quarter. The rooms have an old-fashioned rustic feel, with exposed beams, classical artwork and ornate embroidery. The restaurant is renowned for its innovative approach to traditional gastronomy. A lovely couples' retreat.Local exploring - Located in the heart of Colmar's old town, known as 'Little Venice', renowned for its canals, Gothic and Baroque architectureFoodies - The hotel's renowned A l'Echevin restaurant serves inventive gourmet cuisine that revisit classical and local French cuisineBusiness meetings - Offering a range of hosting packages, such as seminars or cocktail receptions, desgined for large business groupsSights nearby - Colmar's richly historic architecture is truly unique, check out the House of Heads and Pfister House for starters!
Chateau de Grunstein from £112Stotzheim, Alsace
A beautiful rural hotel set in a charming twelfth century chateau. Retaining it's historical charm, the hotel is replete with ornate furniture, carpets and artwork. The spacious suites are comfortable and with some of them sleeping up to four, it's perfect for a group trip to Alsace.Groups - With suites that sleep four, and The Wine road just a few minutes away, it's perfect for a group tour.Country Escape - A lovely hideaway set in expansive forested grounds, in a quiet village steeped in Alsace's history.Sights nearby - Visit the picturesque Obernai, famed for it's beer and wine.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
La Cour de Lise 5 rooms from £114Willgottheim, Alsace
Family-run 18th century B&B, located in rural Alsace. Beautifully decorated rooms retain original features with exposed beams, period furnishings and plush throws and cushions. Dine on gourmet dishes - the cuisine is something of a showstopper - in a converted barn. All this plus pool and gardens.Country Escape - Utterly charming stay in rural France - with many points of interest close byFoodies - Chef Jean-Paul Bossée serves up gourmet dishes at every mealSights nearby - Visit Strasbourg for the day and the magnificent gothic cathedral.Great walks - Beautiful walking trails in the surrounding Alsace countryside.
Hostelleire La Cheneaudiere 38 rooms from £136Alsace
For the nature lovers. Mountain-chic accommodation with views of the Vosges forest. Period furniture and comfortable, elegant rooms.The hotel boasts a light-flooded conservatory dining room for hearty breakfasts. With an extensive luxury spa, the best for exploring this beautiful corner of France.Trekking - Guided walk in the forest and mountains Bruchoises from the hotelCycling - Electrically assisted bicycle from the hotelFishing - Fishing on the banks of the BrucheGreat walks - In winter, walk on snowshoes.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Le Cerf 18 rooms from £123Marlenheim, Alsace
Le Cerf provides unique accommodation, just 20 minutes outside Strasbourg. Rooms range from retro chic to minimalist modern; throughout its colourful, vibrant interiors make this a charming spot. But the real draw is the food, Michel Hussar's Alsatian cuisine is Michelin starred!Sights nearby - Obernai is just a short drive away, and Strasbourg a mere 20 minutesCooking classes - A wide range of cookery classes are available throughout the year.Spa - Wellness centre offering massage treatments, sauna and hammam.Traditional
Du Cote de Chez Anne 5 rooms from £131Strasbourg
Awash with Alsatian charm, Du Cote de Chez Anne is a delightful hotel on the outskirts of Strasbourg. The cosy, boutique rooms are individually decorated and reflect the rich hunting culture of Alsace. After a day of exploring the city, sample delicious regional cuisine in the hotel's restaurant.Country Escape - A secluded and intimate romantic country retreat with a spectacular market fresh restaurant and a lovely garden.Local exploring - The perfect launchpad for exploring both Strasbourg and the surrounding Alsatian countryside.Sights nearby - Only two miles away from Strasbourg city centre, make day trips to explore Alsace's capital.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking in the surrounding parkland.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Le Chambard 32 rooms from £132Colmar
This hotel provides the utmost in comfort and mod-cons for its guests. The bedrooms are comfortable and chic and the indoor pool and spa offers the chance to unwind. Located in the charming village of Kaysersburg this is the perfect spot for local exploring, be it hiking, cycling or wine tasting.Fishing - The hotel can help you organise a day of catch-and-release fly fishing with a guideBicycles available - Le Chambard can lend guests hybrid bicycles free of chargeSpa - A range of treatments and massages on offer.Great walks - Wine-country footpaths will take you right to the heart of the vineyards to meet the producers working there.
Les Bas Rupts 21 rooms from £132Gerardmer
Charming chalet style accommodation in the Vosges Mountains. Bedrooms have wood panelling and private balconies. The restaurant serves traditional French cuisine. A wide variety of outdoor activities on offer nearby. Water sports on the lake, skiing and good hiking routes.Fishing - Fishing in streams and lakes in Gérardmer and LongemerSwimming Pool - Indoor and OutdoorSailing - Lac de GerardmerSpaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Quatorze 13 rooms from £151Colmar
A chic hotel in town centre. Large rooms feature ipod docks, original artworks and designer furniture, all with beautiful bathrooms. A sunny terrace to enjoy drinks or breakfast. Minutes from Colmar's "Little Venice". Cool, laid back and sophisticated.City Style - Chic bedrooms, lovely restaurants, wander through the old town and take in the tastes and sights at the food marketSights nearby - St. Matthew Church of Colmar, Maison des TetesLocal markets - Market halls hosts daily food marketsGreat walks - Gazon du Faing routeRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A La cour d'Alsace 53 rooms from £134Obernai
Elegant hotel in Medieval town. Bedrooms feature beamed ceilings and antique style furniture. Indoor pool, sauna and spa treatments. Gardens and terraces. Superb regional cuisine, atmospheric bar. A charming stay in idyllic location.Local exploring - Medieval city of Obernai and nearby Strasbourg for sightseeing, cycling, horse riding and spa to relax inFishing - Superb spots in Rhine Valley, hotel can adviseGreat walks - Through nearby Black ForestRomantic - Good for couples.
Regent Petite France 72 rooms from £140Strasbourg
Fantastic hotel on the river with a state of the art spa. Rooms and suites in classic contemporary style and all the mod cons. Excellent cuisine and a large choice of champagne, extensive pampering, and wonderful riverside surroundings. For the luxury traveller.Spa breaksCity StyleRomantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Hostellerie Abbaye de la Pommeraie 14 rooms from £145Selestat
A former Cistercian Abbey, this charming historic hotel has fourteen elegantly decorated bedrooms and a gourmet restaurant. Just a short drive from many Alsace vineyards, and next to the stunning town of Sélestat, there is plenty of exploring to do nearby. A quiet country spot.Local exploring - A great location in the heart of Alsace wine country make this an ideal base for exploring the area.Sights nearby - Visit 'Little Venice' in nearby ColmarGreat walks - Fantastic walking routes nearbyLocal markets - Explore the local daily marketRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Le B Espace Suites from £148Riquewihr, Alsace
A traditional timbered house set in the heart of the Alsace wine regions. Boutique suites and one superbly luxurious cottage, set in the vineyards, are filled with eclectic decoration and traditional elements. The restaurant serves a variety of dishes in many different ways. Great for exploring.Wine tasting - Set in the heart of the famous Alsace wine route.Luxury - The hotel's cottage is particularly luxurious.Local exploringGreat walks - Good for walkers.
La Maison de Sophie 4 rooms from £149Ottrott, Alsace
The little pink house, nestled at the foot of Mont Saint Odile. Rooms juxtapose a contemporary finish with natural exposed wood and feature modern bathrooms with rainfall showers and huge baths. There is also a fabulous spa including hot tub and hammam. All this plus top drawer gastronomic dining.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring Alsace's rich gastronomic culture, especially its famous wine and beer industries.Families - Child and dog friendly with plenty of outdoor pursuits - you needn't leave anyone at homeTotal relaxation - Restaurant quality dining, a spa with hammam and relaxing grounds - a total escapeSights nearby - Visit the beautiful town of Obernia, famous for producing beer and wine.
La Grange du Couvent 5 rooms from £152Ribeauville
Rustic and warm rooms in the heart of Ribeauville. The former barn of a nunnery, this B&B is surrounded by vineyards and castles. Traditional rooms are atmospheric and warm with exposed beams, warm hues, pine furniture and sink-into beds. An historic property ideal for cosy rural breaks.Local exploring - Ribeauville is a city soaked in history: dominated by three castles, ruined walls and towers.Active Holiday - On the Alsace Wine Route, it is a region famed for its hiking and biking trails.Sights nearby - The Tower of Butchers in Ribeauville is a dark and looming castle well worth seeing.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
Le Bouclier d'Or 22 rooms from £152Strasbourg
This glorious hotel is situated in the historic La Petite France district of Strasbourg. Rooms are notably antique chic with beautiful individually selected furniture and its spa is perfect for a relaxing detox. Beautifully positioned to explore the rich culture of the Alsatian capital.Local exploring - An ideal location for a weekend in Strasbourg, within walking distance of the main sights of the Old Town.Total relaxation - Relax and unwind after a day exploring the city in the wine bar or spa.Sights nearby - The hotel is located in the historic 'Petite France' district of Strasbourg.Local markets - In the winter, explore the famous Alsatian christmas markets.
Hotel K 12 rooms from £181Baerenthal, Alsace
Contemporary luxury set in green parkland with glorious views. Dark wood interiors add warmth and a feeling of harmony with the outdoors. Bedrooms are stylish with feature bathtubs and contemporary furnishings. A remote countryside retreat, with gourmet restaurant next door.Views - Lovely views over the Northern Vosges Regional Natural ParkSights nearby - Jardin pour la Paix - Architecture gardenGreat walks - Northern Vosges Regional Nature ParkBirdwatching - Baerenthal bird watching postRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Le Schaeferhof 5 rooms from £167Murbach
A traditional country house with plenty of charm, located at the foot of the Grand Ballon mountian. Traditional wooden beams adorn the bedrooms in addition to beautiful draped beds and fine furniture. A small spa is on offer for guests as well as a games room. A cosy hideaway.Sights nearby - Murbach's famous Roman AbbeyFull of characterSpaHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Hostellerie des chateaux et spa 63 rooms from £192Obernai
Luxurious spa hotel on the Alsace wine route. Guestrooms are elegant with cream wallpapers and leather furniture. Indoor pool, spa and a grand total of six saunas means there are plenty of ways ro relax. Two restaurants with excellent Alsatian cuisine. Stylish relaxation.Spa breaks - Outstanding spa facilities with a laconium, amethyst steam room, hammam and organic treatmentsSights nearby - A day trip to Obernai is not to be missedViews - Great views from hotelSpa
Cour du Corbeau 57 rooms from £237Strasbourg
A Louis XV style building with contemporary classic interiors and a charming tea salon. Beautiful light and airy bedrooms have all the mod cons and a romantic charm. A lively bar makes this a very cool spot.Lively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalRecommended by - Tablet
Villa René Lalique 6 rooms from £307Alsace
Once the home of art deco glass designer René Lalique, the villa is now a 5-star hotel set amid dense forest. The six luxurious white-walled suites are finished with marble and crystal. The hotel's crown jewel, however, is its michelin two-star restaurant housed in a modern, glass-walled building.Foodies - Michelin two-star restaurant serves vibrant cuisine in a luxurious, modern dining room which looks onto the expansive landscapeBack to Nature - In the heart of Northern Vosges Regional Nature Park- perfect location for nature-lovers exploring by foot, horseback or bike!Local exploring - La Petite Pierre is a fortified village located just kilometres away which dates back to the 13th-centurySecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Le Grand Chalet et Spa 4 rooms from £390Colmar (Alsace)
Adult only luxury retreat in the heart of wine country. Beautiful suites offer top notch accommodation with stunning views. Chef will individually prepare breakfast and evening meals to be enjoyed in your room or suite. A romantic haven for total relaxation with spa and hot tub.Wine tasting - Located in the heart of Alsace wine country and ideally located for sampling the best vintages.Views - Stunning views over the Alsace plain, Bernese Alps and Black Forest.Restrictions on children - No childrenSpa