Search the best hotels in Champagne
The romance of the fizzy elixir lends romance to this region. Originally the name was derived, less romantically, from 'Campania': land of plains. That's very much an understatement, this landscape isn't just plains. There are also undulating hillsides on which grow the perfectly romantic rows of vines and on which rest the 300 charming Champagne villages. If you know which of these you want to stay in go straight to our guru's list. Otherwise here are some good reasons to visit, and some of the best places to stay in Champagne to enjoy them.
What not to Miss
- The romance of the drink must come in part from the magical story of its 'invention' by Benedictine Monk, Dom Perignon. Sparkling wine starts life as still wine, in the case of Champagne, mostly thin, acidic blends of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier grapes. Champagne is then fermented in the bottle. When the yeast breaks down the sugars produce the carbon dioxide sparkle. Many people will tell you that when you taste Champagne before the fermentation process has occurred you’ll be able to see why it’s so important to the region, so make sure you try some.
- The Champagne Route is the most common way to traverse the region, taking quaffers and connoisseurs from one beautiful village to the next (don't miss Colombey Les Deux Eglises - close to the champagne route and once home of General de Gaulle). Many vineyards are passed along the way. Most of the big producers don't grow their own grapes, but the ones who do are obviously the most interesting to visit. It's worth remembering that much of the region's best bubbly is produced in the 5,000 or so small scale vignerons. So make sure you make time to visit some of them. Many are happy to welcome visitors.
- Take time out from wine tasting and ensure you visit Reims Cathedral - a stunning example of gothic architecture and UNESCO listed World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy a wander round medieval Troyes with its beautiful half-timbered houses and atmospheric old town.
- Shopaholics and designer-label fans should browse some of Troyes factory outlets. It has around 250 to choose from!
Where to stay - which town/area?
- Premium champagne grapes are grown on the gentle slopes of the Montagne de Reims, where many of the big names in champagne are based. Including Pommery, Krug, Taittinger and Roederer. Taittinger is one of the few major champagne houses you can tour without a booking. Once a church, the cellars of this 'house' go down several levels, to those cut into the chalk in Roman times. Don't be put off by the famous name, it's worth visiting Tattinger because it's one of the few champagne houses which still turns its bottles by hand.
- 25kms south of Reims, Épernay is the true wine capital of Champagne. Situated in the heart of the vineyards, ninety per cent of this town's population work in wine. And Épernay has 37 Champagne houses - Reims has eight. Épernay is also one of the wealthiest towns in the Champagne region. Partly because this is where Moët et Chandon have their cellar. But many of the smaller producers within walking distance of Moët are also well worth a visit. Épernay is also famous for the vast underground cellars lying directly below its streets. There are approximately 110kms worth, holding 200 million bottles of fizz.
- Beautiful and unchanging Troyes is the second historic capital of the Champagne region, though, unlike Reims, it doesn't have any champagne houses. It does have some wonderful half-timbered medieval ones though - thought of as some of the best preserved in Europe. And some very fine Gothic architecture as well. It also has some excellent museums. And probably the most famous outlet mall in France.
Don't forget that this is a busy destination, for all sorts of reasons, year round. So if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Champagne, do yourself a favour and plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Champagne
- On the edge of the Montagne de Reims, Château de Rilly is one of the best places to stay in Champagne. It is beautiful, peaceful and surrounded by a reserve, and is perfectly located for taking in all that Reims has to offer.
- Close to reims, Les Bulles Dorees is a quirky, yet elegant, Champagne House with four spacious bedrooms and a beautiful garden. You’re surrounded by vineyards here.
- The Château les Crayeres is a five star château with 20 rooms, a Michelin starred chef, classical furniture and decor and 400 champagne labels. This is a sophisticated hotel with very high service standards.
- La Villa Eugene is purist fizz and luxury. This charming house once belonged to the famous Mercier family - also famed for holding a car rally in the subterranean cellars under Épernay. It's also a perfect spot if you want to be within walking distance from as many champagne houses as possible.
- The Hotel Restaurant les Avises is well known by foodies for its Michelin star chef. But this ten room hotel in a converted château is also well located for the both the champagne houses of Épernay and the region. The interiors are modern and the bathrooms are particularly expensive.
- Hostellerie la Briqueterie is a recently renovated country house hotel set on a vineyard just a short stroll from Épernay. There are 40, rather luxurious rooms, with views of fountain-filled gardens, a spa and a heated indoor pool.
For Historic Champagne
- A fabulous half timbered townhouse, La Maison de Rhodes is one of the best places to stay in Champagne if you're here for the region's history as well as its wine. Once owned by the Knights of Malta it's hard to get more medieval wonderful than this 12th Century building. It's also a perfect choice if you're looking to get away from the main Champagne tourist drag.
- The Hotel le Château Fort de Sedan is a medieval fortress with beautifully, and comfortably, renovated interiors and a splendid buffet breakfast. As well as original stone walls, you’ll also find some lovely antiques, and you’re surrounded by some excellent walking trails.
- Beautifully renovated, Le camp des Oiseaux was originally built in the 15th century, and the lovely stone and timber facade remains. Inside there are nine, light, airy rooms arranged around a central courtyard. The restaurant is gourmet and the Troyes location is excellent.
- The Château d’Etoges is a stately château surrounded by its own parkland and vineyards. There are 28 rooms, all of them opulent, many with four-poster beds, fireplaces, parquet floors and high ceilings. There’s also an excellent spa.
- The Domaine Château du Faucon is a fabulous château set in stunning grounds. It has 26 elegant rooms, individually styled and featuring quality antiques, traditional fabrics and wallpapers and yet clean lines. There’s a tennis court and the restaurant serves excellent regional cuisine.
- Le Clos des Terres Soudees is a boutique design hotel in Vrigny, with just five bedrooms an an excellent gourmet restaurant. And of course an extensive wine list.
- Domaine Sacret in central Ay, is a chic and intimate guesthouse with just four rooms, owned by a wine-growing family. Expect free-standing baths, antiques and a bar, complete with a billiards table. You’re walking distance from a number of excellent restaurants.
- Les Berceaux is a reasonably priced, family run hotel in Épernay close to some of the world’s most famous champagne houses. It has just 28 rooms but offers a choice of two restaurants, the Michelin starred Michelon, and Bistrot 7.
- L'Assiette Champenoise has won not just one, but two Michelin stars for its cuisine, created by Arnaud Lallement’s cuisine. The hotel around the restaurant has 35 super modern rooms and suites - some with private balconies and jacuzzis.
- Chez Odette is a sleek, design hotel in a beautiful rural spot with an excellent, gourmet restaurant. There are just nine rooms and suites - some with open fireplaces, and all with dark wood and slate bathrooms.
For Rural Peace
- La Closerie des Sacres is a three room B&B converted from stables, and there’s a French farmhouse feel to the property. As well as complimentary breakfast you’ve also access to a kitchen and BBQ.
- Le Parc du Château is a stylish, contemporary guesthouse with five sleek, comfortable rooms - all with their own patios facing out into the property’s beauty parkland. Very peaceful. And close to the winemaking village of Hermonville.
- The Hostellerie La Montagne is a charming restaurant with nine traditional rooms in a peaceful spot close to woods and forests. The food is superb and the atmosphere elegant and relaxed.
- L'Assiette Champenoise is one of the best places to stay in Champagne for wine tasters. Several champagne 'caves' are within walking distance. The accommodation is modern and luxurious. And the restaurant has two Michelin stars, so it's also a top choice for foodies. Surprisingly it's also one of the best places to stay in Champagne for families, as lots of its rooms are large enough to accommodate an extra bed without needing a whole suite.
- Le Clos Margot in rural Vertus is an excellent B&B with five, large elegant, but minimal rooms, and beautiful surrounds.
- Domaine de la Creuse is a charming, beam-clad B&B with five prettily decorated rooms and a large, tranquil garden. You’re very close to Troyes.
For Great Value
- La Grande du Relais is a former coaching inn just off the Champagne Route in Colombey Les Deux Eglises. There are 11 rooms with stone walls and exposed beams, and good French food. Rooms start from less than £70 per night.
- Also offering room for under £70 per night, La Petite Abbaye is a charming chambres d'hôtes with four double rooms - only one with an ensuite, though. Simple, traditional and comfortable.
- The Villa Louis Victor is a comfortable B&B near Dizy, with five simple rooms, a hearty breakfast on offer and a great location. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
For an Apartment or Villa
If you're travelling in a group or with family, it's sometimes easier to book more flexible, self catering type accommodation. For a good selection we recommend our online partner booking.com.
- The nearest international airport to the Champagne region is Charles de Gaulle Airport, or one of the other Paris airports. Though if you’re travelling from the UK the easiest way to get to Champagne is via Paris on the Eurostar. However you get to Paris, from there it’s between 45 minutes and an hour by train to your destination within the region. Many European centres would have similar train links to the region.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in Champagne and want to see the region’s highlights - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- May and June are the best times to visit if you want to enjoy the best weather and avoid the crowds - who usually visit between July and August. But September and October are best if you want to see the harvest.
Still not sure?
- Refine your search to one of Champagne’s towns, try our recommendations for the best places to stay in Reims?
- Or the best places to stay in Épernay? or Troyes?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Champagne
Best Hotels in Champagne
Le Marius Les Riceys, Champagne 11 rooms from £55Value chic - With rooms starting from as little as €63 per night, it is exceptionally good value for money.Local exploring - A perfect spot to explore the Champagne region from in authentic style.Wine tasting - Set in the heart of Champagne's vineyards.Full of character
A charming little hotel in the heart of the Champagne region. A traditional stone building with green shutters, simple rooms and family suites, and an excellent restaurant set in the original Champagne cellar. An authentic property, perfect for local exploring and lots of wine tasting. See More
La Closerie des Sacres Lavannes, Champagne 3 rooms from £69Sights nearby - Explore the Champagne region just 30 mins awayLocal markets - Discover the local town of ReimsGreat walks - Parc de ChampagneFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Sawdays
These former stables provide an authentic French farmhouse feel with the comforts of a charming B&B. Breakfast is included and there are plenty of games and activities for kids on site. With access to the kitchen and BBQ, a perfect spot for families or groups to relax and explore the local area. See More
Maison & Tartine Colombey Les Deux Eglises (52330 Colombey-les-deux-Églises) 6 rooms from £61Romantic Break - The rooms are warm, cosy and quirkily-designed and the hotel ensures a real level of intimacy and privacy for guests.Sights nearby - The family home of Charles de Gaulle is only 550 yards away.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
Stylish boutique hotel in Colombey-les-deux-Eglises, the resting place of Charles de Gaulle, offering rooms that seamlessly blend chic aesthetic with a warm and rustic decor. There is a coffee house, restaurant and an array of quirky objets d'art for sale in the lobby. Ideal for romantic getaways. See More
La Grange du Relais Colombey Les Deux Eglises 11 rooms from £65Sights nearby - The town hosts a museum dedicated to Charles de Gaulle 500m from the innGreat walks - lots of local woodland to exploreLocal markets - Good for local colour.Full of character
Quaint former coaching inn metres from the village of Colombey-les-deux-Eglises, just off the Champagne trail. Stone walls and wooden beams make for cosy traditional rooms, most of which overlook the pretty garden. Come for good French food, local exploring and welcoming hosts. See More
La Petite Abbaye Signy L'Abbaye, Champagne 5 rooms from £65Local exploring - It's a great base for exploring the area, whether you go north towards Belgium, or south for the ChampagneSights nearby - Reims with its grand cathedral is an hour away or visit the castle of Sedan one of Europe's largestGreat walks - Lovely walking countryKayaking - And canoeing close by
Charming chambres d'hôtes in the centre of pretty Signy l'Abbaye, just right for a short break or as a base while exploring Champagne and the Ardennes. Four double rooms (only one en-suite) and a family suite sleeping five. Simple, traditional and very comfortable, with a gourmet breakfast included. See More
Le Cheval Blanc Burgundy, Champagne 23 rooms from £69Country Escape - Langres should be on your itinerary for a country escape trip to southern France and the AlpsRomantic Break - With cosy suites and a pretty, sit-out terrace, this is a great hotel for couplesFoodies - The gourmet restaurant on-site makes this hotel a favourite with foodiesSights nearby - Take a tour of the ramparts that surround the town, including seven fortified towers and seven gateways
This charming hotel, formerly an abbey, is set in the idyllic town of Langres. The three-star rooms draw on the building's history, with part-exposed stone walls and traditional linens. The sleek gourmet Diderot Restaurant offers an à la carte menu made from fresh produce. A pretty, intimate hotel. See More
Villa Louis Victor Epernay 5 rooms from £69Value chic - A very reasonably priced hotel offering tasteful decor, neutral tones and a hearty breakfast in the popular Champagne region.Sights nearby - Visit the Castellane Tower, less than two miles away.
A comfortable B&B in Dizy, near Epernay. The modern and simple rooms boast soft furnishings and tasteful decorations. In the heart of the Champagne region, the B&B is near many famous houses such as Moët et Chandon and De Castellane. An ideal resting place for a bubbly tour! See More
La Bonheur a la Campagne Champagne 3 rooms from £82Hideaway - Tranquillity in the French countryside, a beautiful garden with a hot tub hut, this is a perfect place to escape the real worldLocal exploring - The local region is known for its grand chateaux that evoke in the mind's eyes a former era of France's long historySights nearby - Chateau Vaux is an impressive 18th-century mansion lying close by and certainly worth a visitGreat walks - Close to the Orient Forest, one of the five major natural parks in France
A characterful property set in mature gardens near the Orient Forest Regional Park. Offering three bedrooms designed in an ornate style, a continental breakfast is served in the homely dining room or in the pretty garden. Plus the added bonus of an indoor hot-tub. A romantic couples' escape. See More
Les Berceaux Epernay 28 rooms from £82Restaurant - Hotel owner and chef Patrick Michelon and his dedicated team prepare an unforgettable menuRestaurant with rooms - The emphasis of this charming hotel is on the two restuarantsGood wine list - Superb wine list with champagne by the glass to sampleSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hostellerie La Montagne Colombey Les Deux Eglises 9 rooms from £96Local exploring - Many woods and forests nearby to enjoy a picnic, wine tasting and historic abbeysGreat walks - Through nearby Wood of the LuneSights nearby - Bayel, the town of crystalTraditionalRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Le Clos Margot Vertus, Champagne 5 rooms from £86Local exploring - Explore the fascinating champagne culture of the surrounding area and visit some of the world's most famous champagne houses.Families - With large rooms and plenty of rooms for running around, it's ideal for a family holiday to rural Burgundy.Local markets - Head down to Vertus, explore the local markets and pick up a few regional treats.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walks in the surrounding vineyards.
An excellent rural B&B within striking distance of the world's finest champagne producers. The minimalist elegant rooms are decorated with warm pastel colour schemes. Sample the local fizz with a tour of the owner's champagne produce, or spend the day walking in the beautiful surrounding scenery. See More
Chateau d'Etoges Étoges, Champagne 28 rooms from £86Romantic BreakSights nearby - Good location for visits to the Champagne housesGreat walks - Lots of local hiking trailsRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Parc du Chateau Reims, Champagne 5 rooms from £95Country Escape - A quaint and charming Château in a small wine producing village surrounded by wooded parklands.Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the nearby Montagne de Reims Regional Park.Sights nearby - Church of Saint-Jacques is eight miles away.
A stylish, contemporary guesthouse in rural Champagne. Rooms are sleek and comfortable with attached patios facing out onto parkland. Situated in the wine-making village of Hermonville, it's perfectly located for people looking to explore regions illustrious wine and champagne production. See More
Chateau d'Hermonville HERMONVILLE, Champagne 2 rooms from £114Country Escape - A beautiful and secluded chateau set in mature grounds in the Champagne region of France.Great walks - Take long walks through scenic countryside starting straight from the property.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan Champagne 54 rooms from £100Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, gourmet cuisine and strolls around town together-perfect for a romantic getawayFoodies - Their La Tour d'Auvergne serves up excellent gourmet cuisine in a classy settingGreat walks - The gorgeous Domaine de Croix Piot has some glorious rural walking trails for you to exploreLocal markets - On Wednesday and Saturday morning be sure to check out the town's lively market stalls!
Medieval fortress Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan features renovated interiors with antique furnishings and original stone walls. Be sure not to miss out on the splendid buffet breakfast served each morning. Relax with a nightcap in the stylish Artillerie bar. An upmarket and classy stay! See More
Domaine de la Creuse Champagne 5 rooms from £100Sights nearby - The Forêt d'Orient Regional Park is a 20-minute drive awayFour poster beds - For romantics.Traditional
Villa d'Othe Champagne 4 rooms from £103Local exploring - Soak in the history of 16th-century Troyes or explore the surrounding forests and countryside of the iconic Champagne regionCountry Escape - Retreat into the beautiful countryside of the forested Pays d’OtheFamilies - The beautiful enclosed garden and pool is great for familiesSights nearby - Troyes has an impressive display of stained glass windows, timber-framed houses and the unmissable Modern Art Museum "LEVY"Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming and modest guesthouse in Estissac with a luscious green garden, terrace, restaurant and outdoor pool. Hostess Laurence has decorated rooms with love and care and all are named after famous artists. Dine in on delicious home cooked food and drink in the carefully stocked bar. See More
L'Atelier de Degustation Vertus, Champagne 2 rooms from £104Local exploring - Well located for exploring, either through the historic town or the surrounding vineyards.Sights nearby - History buffs must visit the pretty Saint Martin Church.
A contemporary hotel featuring just two rooms in the heart of the historic Vertus. Generously proportioned rooms mix traditional charm with contemporary style. Chic lounge areas feature glass fronted walls and minimalist style. Well located to explore the town and surrounding vineyards. Exclusive. See More
Le Clos Raymi Epernay 7 rooms from £104Romantic Break - Quiet accomodation in a beautiful building and plenty of nearby Champagne Houses-perfect for a romantic getawayLocal exploring - Le Clos Raymi's central location in Épernay makes it an ideal spot for getting to know Champagne's capitalSights nearby - The Georges Cartier, Pol Roger and Moët et Chandon Champagne Houses are right around the corner!Great walks - There are plenty of hiking trails around Épernay for you to exploreRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Le Clos Raymi is set in a 19th century mansion in the centre of Épernay. Its rooms are decorated in a quirky style with 1930s art-deco furnishings, and some even come with an ornamental fireplace. Be sure to sit out in their garden terrace and enjoy the sun! A friendly and unfussy stay. See More
La Maison M Troyes (Champagne) 5 rooms from £104Families - With family suites available, and lots of activities locally that are child-friendly, this is a good option for familiesRomantic Break - The idyllic Champagne region is great for a romantic break, and this cosy hotel is a favourite with couplesCity Style - Set in the pretty, historic town of Troyes, this is the perfect base for a city breakGreat walks - Explore the city on foot with a guided tour; the hotel are happy to arrange this for youRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming B&B housed in a lovingly restored 19th-century building. Located in the historic city of Troyes, the guesthouse offers comfortable, bright rooms, with a mix of classic and contemporary interior design. Have breakfast in the stately dining room before you head out; a stylish city hotel. See More
La Chevalée Epernay (Hautvillers) 4 rooms from £108Local exploring - Situated in Hautvilliers, the birthplace of Dom Pérignon an ideal place to explore the history of champagneRomantic Break - Savour the finest champagne with your loved one in this idyllic settingSwimming Pool - Outdoor swimming pool (completed by May 2019)Outstanding location
A delightful guesthouse and family-run winery dating back to the 18th-century with breathtaking views of the iconic Champagne vineyards. All four rooms are spacious with a seating area and traditional wooden ceilings. On arrival, guests are presented with the property's own champagne Pierre Fedyk. See More
Bubble 8 Epernay (Épernay) 4 rooms from £110Romantic Break - These chic apartments just 250m from the start of the Champagne Road are perfect for a romantic getawayLocal exploring - Explore Epernay a town of traditional townhouses and banksSights nearby - Ideally located just 300 m from Moët et Chandon House - Tour the famous Champagne vaults which are over 200 years oldGreat walks - Walk the champagne trail and discover the beautiful nature complementing the popular sparkling wineRecommended by - Sawdays
Self-catering and studio apartments in a traditional pale stone 19th-century townhouse in the centre of the grand town of Epernay. Apartments are tastefully decorated in a contemporary style and come fully-equipped with modern amenities. A couple of units have a seating area and an outdoor terrace. See More
Domaine Chateau du Faucon Donchery, Champagne 26 rooms from £115Country Escape - A chatueau befitting of a fairytale complete with horses trotting around the parkland.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterSpa
A fabulous chateau set in stunning parkland. Elegant rooms are individually styled with traditional fabrics and wallpaper yet the feel is still modern and clean. Excellent regional cuisine. Tennis courts and stables in the grounds. A romantic country retreat and great value. See More
Chateau de Rilly Rilly-la-Montagne, Champagne 15 rooms from £117Cooking classes - Check for timings.TraditionalSpa
Hôtel Jean Moët Epernay 12 rooms from £121Romantic Break - A chic hotel in the glorious town of Épernay, boasting suave suites, a Champagne bar, spa and sauna.Local exploring - A perfect base for explore the Champagne capital of the world in a grown up and sophisticated style.Great walks - The picturesque countryside, made up of rolling vineyards, makes for excellent walking.Sights nearby - Close to the Avenue de Champagne, where world famous champagnes cellars are situated.
Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart Champagne 5 rooms from £126Country Escape - A stunning mansion set in mature grounds in France's Champagne region.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside starting right from the property.Sights nearby - Visit the famous champagne houses of Pommery, Mumm and Ruinart.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A rural mansion and working vineyard in the Champagne region. Elegant rooms are traditionally dressed with chandeliers, large sash windows and carved antiques. Fabulous dinners are available (laced with champagne) by prior arrangement and tasting's of the hotel's produce is an added bonus. See More
La Villa Eugene Epernay 15 rooms from £129City StyleSights nearby - Explore all the champagne housesSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Champagne Andre Bergere Epernay 5 rooms from £149Local exploring - Well placed for visiting the region's famed Champagne producers.Full of characterTraditional
Les Bulles Dorees Champagne 4 rooms from £134Foodies - Surrounded by champagne vineyards, it's perfect for learning more about the industry (or to simply have a few tasting sessions!)Sights nearby - Visit local champagne houses as well as Sainte-Clotilde Basilica and Vila DemoiselleGreat walks - Hike up La Montage de Reims or take a stroll through Parc Léo Lagrange
Domaine Sacret Champagne 4 rooms from £139Romantic Break - An intimate guesthouse with champagne tasting, free standing baths and complete tranquility.Great walks - Take a relaxing stroll along the nearby river banks.Restrictions on children - An adult only property.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A chic guesthouse owned by a wine-growing family in central Ay. Individually styled rooms feature free standing baths, warm hues and antique furniture. A bar, complete with billiards table, for evenings spent sampling the regions finest champagne. Walking distance from restaurants. Fabulous. See More
Parva Domus Guesthouse Epernay 5 rooms from £139Local exploring - A charming base for exploring the vibrant champagne region, your hosts will happily fill you in on the towns history.Hideaway - A quaint and cosy B&B, with a magical atmosphere from the free flûte on arrival to breakfast in the elegant rooms.Great walks - Wander around this picturesque town, or take a tour of the maze of cellars under the guesthouse.Local markets - The towns weekly market is the perfect place to pick up some of the fruits of the local area.
A charming 18th century townhouse, in the Champagne capital. The five comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms exude a homely warm feeling. Near the centre of Epernay, it's perfect for exploring the city's world celebrated champagne cellars including Mercier, Moët & Chandon and Dom Pérignon. See More
La Maison de Rhodes Troyes, Champagne 11 rooms from £149Swimming Pool - Small outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Clos des Armoiries Epernay (Champagne) 2 rooms from £152Country Escape - Set amongst the rolling fields of the Champagne region, this B&B is highly recommended for a country escapeBack to Nature - Nestled in the heart of the Champagne region, this is a perfect back-to-nature getawaySights nearby - Steep yourself in local history by visiting one of the many ancient vineyards nearbyGreat walks - Enjoy great walks in the local village, a stone's throw from the B&B
This idyllic bed and breakfast, with rustic interior design, is set in the heart of the Champagne region. The light and airy rooms boast exposed beams, luxurious beds and breathtaking views, while the garden and patio offer quiet spaces to relax. A perfect escape to the country. See More
Le Clos des Terres Soudees VRIGNY, Champagne 5 rooms from £152Romantic BreakLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Chez Odette Williers, Champagne 9 rooms from £161Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Le Champ des Oiseaux Troyes, Champagne 9 rooms from £164TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
L'Assiette Champenoise Tinqueux, Champagne 35 rooms from £169Foodies - Arnaud Lallement's cuisine has earned two michelin starsRestaurant - Two Michelin StarsPrivate Hot Tub - The terrace suite has a private double hot tub tubSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Chateau de Sacy Reims 12 rooms from £172Hideaway - A glamorous hideaway set amidst acres of vineyards.Great walks - Explore the picturesque countryside with scenic trails starting straight from the property.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotel
A picture perfect chateau set in France's champagne country. Elegantly dressed throughout, the rooms are spacious with high ceilings, sash windows, wooden floors and a choice selection of antiques. A fine dining restaurant serves regional dishes, set alongside a fantastic wine list, naturally. See More
Le Jardin de la Cathedrale Troyes (Champagne) 5 rooms from £174Local exploring - Located in the centre of the quaint town of Troyes, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in the Champagne regionRomantic Break - The heritage property that the B&B is housed in and its idyllic gardens make this a perfect setting for a romantic breakHideaway - Hunker down for a hideaway holiday in this pretty B&B, nestled behind a private garden in the French town of TroyesGreat walks - Wander the streets of the historic old town in Troyes and discover cobbled streets, picturesque cafés and local shopsRecommended by - Sawdays
This charming B&B is housed in an 18th-century residence in Champagne. The individually styled rooms are bright and homely with a blend of contemporary and vintage furnishings; the best suite boasts excellent views of the neighbouring Gothic cathedral. Unwind in the pretty hotel gardens; a cosy B&B. See More
Hotel Restaurant Les Avises Epernay (Champagne) 10 rooms from £217Wine tasting - There is no better place to sample the golden, bubbly delights of the Champagne region!Sailing - Sailing on the Lac de Villegusien is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.Sights nearby - Reims Catherdral and the Abbey of Saint Remi not to be missed.Great walks - Through the Montagne De Reims Regional Nature Park.
Located in Champagne, France's famous wine region, plus a famous restaurant headed by Michelin star awarded chef Rossillon, this property is a must for foodies. The chateau is 19th century with modern interiors. Rooms feature cow skin rugs, retro furnishings, original art and expansive bathrooms. See More
Hostellerie La Briqueterie Epernay 40 rooms from £234Wine tasting - Explore the oldest and most prestigious Champagne houses 4km away in EpernayMeeting RoomSwimming Pool - Heated, indoorOpulentRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Recently renovated country house hotel on a vineyard just a stone's throw from Epernay. Luxurious rooms are indivdually designed with interesting fabrics and bold wallpapers. Sit out on the terrace and enjoy views over gardens, fountains and pool, or head in for fabulously pampering spa treatments. See More
Chateau Les Crayeres Reims, Champagne 20 rooms from £312Good wine list - There are over 600 champagne labels to choose from!Foodies - Restaurant Le Parc holds two Michelin stars5* Luxury - Very high service standards.TraditionalRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa Epernay 47 rooms from £451Spa breaks - Take advantage of the hotel's newly inaugurated spa with first-class facilities, and book this hotel for your next spa breakRomantic Break - Views of the beautiful French countryside's rolling hills from this hotel make it a great choice for a romantic getawayFoodies - Foodies will love the hotel's Michelin-starred, fine dining restaurant, with its focus on fresh, seasonal foodSights nearby - Enquire at the hotel about car rental and explore the beautiful nearby towns of Provins and EpernayRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
This five-star hotel overlooks the vineyards of the Champagne region. Reopening after a full renovation, the hotel's guestrooms are elegant and luxurious with natural accents; the best suites offer a terrace with pretty views. Book into the spa before a Michelin-starred dinner. An exclusive retreat. See More