Search the best hotels in Champagne
The romance of the fizzy elixir lends romance to this region. Originally the name was derived, less romantically, from 'Campania': land of plains. That's very much an understatement, this landscape isn't just plains. There are also undulating hillsides on which grow the perfectly romantic rows of vines and on which rest the 300 charming Champagne villages. If you know which of these you want to stay in go straight to our guru's list. Otherwise here are some good reasons to visit, and some of the best places to stay in Champagne to enjoy them.
Some of our Champagne Collections:
- The Best Luxury Hotels in Champagne
- The Best B&Bs in Champagne
- Best Hotels with a Pool in Champagne
- The Best Chateau Hotels in Champagne
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Champagne
- The Best Romantic Hotels in Champagne
What not to Miss
- The romance of the drink must come in part from the magical story of its 'invention' by Benedictine Monk, Dom Perignon. Sparkling wine starts life as still wine, in the case of Champagne, mostly thin, acidic blends of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier grapes. Champagne is then fermented in the bottle. When the yeast breaks down the sugars produce the carbon dioxide sparkle. Many people will tell you that when you taste Champagne before the fermentation process has occurred you’ll be able to see why it’s so important to the region, so make sure you try some.
- The Champagne Route is the most common way to traverse the region, taking quaffers and connoisseurs from one beautiful village to the next (don't miss Colombey Les Deux Eglises - close to the champagne route and once home of General de Gaulle). Many vineyards are passed along the way. Most of the big producers don't grow their own grapes, but the ones who do are obviously the most interesting to visit. It's worth remembering that much of the region's best bubbly is produced in the 5,000 or so small scale vignerons. So make sure you make time to visit some of them. Many are happy to welcome visitors.
- Take time out from wine tasting and ensure you visit Reims Cathedral - a stunning example of gothic architecture and UNESCO listed World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy a wander round medieval Troyes with its beautiful half-timbered houses and atmospheric old town.
- Shopaholics and designer-label fans should browse some of Troyes factory outlets. It has around 250 to choose from!
Where to stay - which town/area?
- Premium champagne grapes are grown on the gentle slopes of the Montagne de Reims, where many of the big names in champagne are based. Including Pommery, Krug, Taittinger and Roederer. Taittinger is one of the few major champagne houses you can tour without a booking. Once a church, the cellars of this 'house' go down several levels, to those cut into the chalk in Roman times. Don't be put off by the famous name, it's worth visiting Tattinger because it's one of the few champagne houses which still turns its bottles by hand.
- 25kms south of Reims, Épernay is the true wine capital of Champagne. Situated in the heart of the vineyards, ninety per cent of this town's population work in wine. And Épernay has 37 Champagne houses - Reims has eight. Épernay is also one of the wealthiest towns in the Champagne region. Partly because this is where Moët et Chandon have their cellar. But many of the smaller producers within walking distance of Moët are also well worth a visit. Épernay is also famous for the vast underground cellars lying directly below its streets. There are approximately 110kms worth, holding 200 million bottles of fizz.
- Beautiful and unchanging Troyes is the second historic capital of the Champagne region, though, unlike Reims, it doesn't have any champagne houses. It does have some wonderful half-timbered medieval ones though - thought of as some of the best preserved in Europe. And some very fine Gothic architecture as well. It also has some excellent museums. And probably the most famous outlet mall in France.
Don't forget that this is a busy destination, for all sorts of reasons, year round. So if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Champagne, do yourself a favour and plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Champagne
- On the edge of the Montagne de Reims, Château de Rilly is one of the best places to stay in Champagne. It is beautiful, peaceful and surrounded by a reserve, and is perfectly located for taking in all that Reims has to offer.
- Close to Reims, Les Bulles Dorées is a quirky, yet elegant, Champagne House with four spacious bedrooms and a beautiful garden. You’re surrounded by vineyards here.
- The Château les Crayeres is a five star château with 20 rooms, a restaurant boasting two Michelin stars, classical furniture and decor and 400 champagne labels to choose from. This is a sophisticated hotel with very high service standards.
- La Villa Eugene is purist fizz and luxury. This charming house once belonged to the famous Mercier family - also famed for holding a car rally in the subterranean cellars under Épernay. It's also a perfect spot if you want to be within walking distance from as many champagne houses as possible.
- The Hotel Restaurant les Avises is well known by foodies for its Michelin star chef. But this ten room hotel in a converted château is also well located for the both the champagne houses of Épernay and the region. The interiors are modern and the bathrooms are particularly expensive.
- Hostellerie la Briqueterie is a recently renovated country house hotel set on a vineyard just a short stroll from Épernay. There are 40, rather luxurious rooms, with views of fountain-filled gardens, a spa and a heated indoor pool.
For Historic Champagne
- A fabulous half timbered townhouse, La Maison de Rhodes is one of the best places to stay in Champagne if you're here for the region's history as well as its wine. Once owned by the Knights of Malta it's hard to get more medieval wonderful than this 12th Century building. It's also a perfect choice if you're looking to get away from the main Champagne tourist drag.
- The Hotel le Château Fort de Sedan is a medieval fortress with beautifully, and comfortably, renovated interiors and a splendid buffet breakfast. As well as original stone walls, you’ll also find some lovely antiques, and you’re surrounded by some excellent walking trails.
- Beautifully renovated, Le camp des Oiseaux was originally built in the 15th century, and the lovely stone and timber facade remains. Inside there are nine, light, airy rooms arranged around a central courtyard. The restaurant is gourmet and the Troyes location is excellent.
For Rural Peace
- The Château d’Etoges is a stately château surrounded by its own parkland and vineyards. There are 28 rooms, all of them opulent, many with four-poster beds, fireplaces, parquet floors and high ceilings. There’s also an excellent spa.
- The Domaine Château du Faucon is a fabulous château set in stunning grounds. It has 26 elegant rooms, individually styled and featuring quality antiques, traditional fabrics and wallpapers and yet clean lines. There’s a tennis court and the restaurant serves excellent regional cuisine.
- Le Clos des Terres Soudees is a boutique design hotel in Vrigny, with just five bedrooms an an excellent gourmet restaurant. And of course an extensive wine list.
- Domaine Sacret in central Ay, is a chic and intimate guesthouse with just four rooms, owned by a wine-growing family. Expect free-standing baths, antiques and a bar, complete with a billiards table. You’re walking distance from a number of excellent restaurants.
- Les Berceaux is a reasonably priced, family run hotel in Épernay close to some of the world’s most famous champagne houses. It has just 28 rooms but offers a choice of two restaurants, the Michelin starred Michelon, and Bistrot 7.
- L'Assiette Champenoise has won not just one, but two Michelin stars for its cuisine, created by Arnaud Lallement’s cuisine. The hotel around the restaurant has 35 super modern rooms and suites - some with private balconies and jacuzzis.
- The Hostellerie La Montagne is a charming restaurant with nine traditional rooms in a peaceful spot close to woods and forests. The food is superb and the atmosphere elegant and relaxed.
- L'Assiette Champenoise is one of the best places to stay in Champagne for wine tasters. Several champagne 'caves' are within walking distance. The accommodation is modern and luxurious. And the restaurant has two Michelin stars, so it's also a top choice for foodies. Surprisingly it's also one of the best places to stay in Champagne for families, as lots of its rooms are large enough to accommodate an extra bed without needing a whole suite.
For the full list of our gourmet picks check out our guide to the best hotels for foodies in Champagne.
- Domaine de la Creuse is a charming B&B with five prettily decorated rooms and a large, tranquil garden. You’re very close to Troyes.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you're travelling in a group or with family, it's sometimes easier to book more flexible, self catering type accommodation. For a good selection we recommend our online partner booking.com.
- The nearest international airport to the Champagne region is Charles de Gaulle Airport, or one of the other Paris airports. Though if you’re travelling from the UK the easiest way to get to Champagne is via Paris on the Eurostar. However you get to Paris, from there it’s between 45 minutes and an hour by train to your destination within the region. Many European centres would have similar train links to the region.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in Champagne and want to see the region’s highlights - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- May and June are the best times to visit if you want to enjoy the best weather and avoid the crowds - who usually visit between July and August. But September and October are best if you want to see the harvest.
Still not sure?
- Refine your search to one of Champagne’s towns, try our recommendations for the best places to stay in Reims?
- Or the best places to stay in Épernay? or Troyes?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Champagne
Best Hotels in Champagne
Le Cheval Blanc Burgundy, Champagne 23 rooms from £69Country Escape - Langres should be on your itinerary for a country escape trip to southern France and the AlpsRomantic Break - With cosy suites and a pretty, sit-out terrace, this is a great hotel for couplesFoodies - The gourmet restaurant on-site makes this hotel a favourite with foodiesSights nearby - Take a tour of the ramparts that surround the town, including seven fortified towers and seven gateways
This charming hotel, formerly an abbey, is set in the idyllic town of Langres. The three-star rooms draw on the building's history, with part-exposed stone walls and traditional linens. The sleek gourmet Diderot Restaurant offers an à la carte menu made from fresh produce. A pretty, intimate hotel. See More
Le Marius Les Riceys, Champagne 11 rooms from £81Restaurant - The restaurant is set in the champagne cellars, surrounded by soft lighting and cavernous stone walls.Value chic - With rooms starting from as little as €63 per night, it is exceptionally good value for money.Wine tasting - The village of Les Riceys is one of the most important growing areas in the whole of Champagne.Hotel Entertainment - The charming hotel bar is as popular with locals as it is with guests, be sure to check it out.
A charming little hotel in the heart of the Champagne region. A traditional stone building with green shutters, simple rooms and family suites, and an excellent restaurant set in the original Champagne cellar. An authentic property, perfect for local exploring and lots of wine tasting. See More
Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan Champagne 54 rooms from £95Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, gourmet cuisine and strolls around town together-perfect for a romantic getaway.Great walks - The gorgeous Domaine de Croix Piot has some glorious rural walking trails for you to explore.Local markets - On Wednesday and Saturday morning be sure to check out the town's lively market stalls!Foodies - Their La Tour d'Auvergne serves up excellent gourmet cuisine in a classy setting.
Medieval fortress Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan features renovated interiors with antique furnishings and original stone walls. Be sure not to miss out on the splendid buffet breakfast served each morning. Relax with a nightcap in the stylish Artillerie bar. An upmarket and classy stay! See More
Les Berceaux Epernay 28 rooms from £82Foodies - Chef Patrick Michelon and his dedicated team prepare an unforgettable menu, plus the champagne list is to die for.Museums - The Museum of Old Champagne Crafts is nearby where you can see what loval crafts have existed here in the region.Wine tasting - Take a tour of Épernay, guided by Champagne connoisseurs through all the great vineyards of this area.Romantic Break - With Champagne flowing and Michelin starred cuisine, you will pass a very enjoyable getaway.
Family run hotel in Epernay, the heart of the Champagne region, with the world famous Avenue de Champagne close by. The contemporary rooms are comfortable and well equipped, but the cuisine really takes centre stage at the two restaurants - the Michelin starred Michelon and the Bistrot 7. See More
Le Bonheur a la Campagne Champagne 3 rooms from £95Hideaway - Tranquillity in the French countryside, a beautiful garden with a hot tub hut, this is a perfect place to escape the real world.Local exploring - The local region is known for its grand chateaux that evoke in the mind's eyes a former era of France's long history.Sights nearby - Chateau Vaux is an impressive 18th-century mansion lying close by and certainly worth a visit.Great walks - Close to the Orient Forest, one of the five major natural parks in France.
A characterful property set in mature gardens near the Orient Forest Regional Park. Offering three bedrooms designed in an ornate style, a continental breakfast is served in the homely dining room or in the pretty garden. Plus the added bonus of an indoor hot-tub. A romantic couples' escape. See More
Villa d'Othe Champagne 4 rooms from £103Local exploring - Soak in the history of 16th-century Troyes or explore the surrounding forests and countryside of the iconic Champagne regionCountry Escape - Retreat into the beautiful countryside of the forested Pays d’OtheFamilies - The beautiful enclosed garden and pool is great for familiesSights nearby - Troyes has an impressive display of stained glass windows, timber-framed houses and the unmissable Modern Art Museum "LEVY"Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming and modest guesthouse in Estissac with a luscious green garden, terrace, restaurant and outdoor pool. Hostess Laurence has decorated rooms with love and care and all are named after famous artists. Dine in on delicious home cooked food and drink in the carefully stocked bar. See More
Hostellerie La Montagne Colombey Les Deux Eglises 9 rooms from £104Back to Nature - The property is set within beautiful gardens and there are many woods and forests nearby for picnicking!Sights nearby - Thousands of people every year visit Bayel to learn about their time honoured crystal making traditions.Foodies - You will be carried away on a taste odyssey by the Michelin starred hot shot chef Jean-Baptiste Natali.Other Activities - You would be amiss to skip the Charles de Gaulle memorial, after all this is his hometown!Recommended by - Michelin Travel
L'Atelier de Degustation Vertus, Champagne 2 rooms from £104Sights nearby - Check out the beautiful and unique Saint Martin Church, built on stilts above a source that feeds the pond behind the apse.Hotel Entertainment - Spend a relaxing afternoon sitting on the patio, reading a book or sipping on a glass of the regions finest.Local exploring - Well located for exploring, either through the historic town or the surrounding vineyards.Trekking - Make the most of the miles of signed hiking trails amidst picturesque countryside.
A contemporary hotel featuring just two rooms in the heart of the historic Vertus. Generously proportioned rooms mix traditional charm with contemporary style. Chic lounge areas feature glass fronted walls and minimalist style. Well located to explore the town and surrounding vineyards. See More
Domaine de la Creuse Champagne 5 rooms from £111Sights nearby - The Forêt d'Orient Regional Park is a 20-minute drive awayFour poster beds - For romantics.Traditional
Chateau d'Etoges Étoges, Champagne 28 rooms from £113Other Activities - Built in the 17th century by the Counts of Anglure, the castle has a long and interesting history, make sure to take a tour.Wine tasting - Etoges is very close to the "Côte des Blancs", a famous region of Champagne where the "Blanc de Blancs" is produced.Short break - They offer 1, 2, or 3 night packages for romantic breaks with bottles of Champagne, dinner and bubbly breakfast.Total relaxation - A pampering destination, from the opulent rooms, to the gournet cuisine, stunning grounds and indulgent spa.
Domaine Chateau du Faucon Donchery, Champagne 26 rooms from £115Country Escape - A chatueau befitting of a fairytale complete with horses trotting around the parkland.Tennis - Remember to pack your racket as the chateau has courts.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of character
A fabulous chateau set in stunning parkland. Elegant rooms are individually styled with traditional fabrics and wallpaper yet the feel is still modern and clean. Excellent regional cuisine. Tennis courts and stables in the grounds. A romantic country retreat and great value. See More
Hôtel Jean Moët Epernay 12 rooms from £121Museums - Take a champagne tour in one of the surrounding vineyards, learn about the history and sample the fruits of their labour.Other Activities - After a longs days Champagne tasting, relax and refresh in the in house spa, complete with pool and sauna.Romantic Break - A chic hotel in the glorious town of Épernay, boasting suave suites, a Champagne bar, spa and sauna.Local exploring - A perfect base for explore the Champagne capital of the world in a grown up and sophisticated style.
La Maison M Troyes (Champagne) 5 rooms from £121Families - With family suites available, and lots of activities locally that are child-friendly, this is a good option for familiesRomantic Break - The idyllic Champagne region is great for a romantic break, and this cosy hotel is a favourite with couplesCity Style - Set in the pretty, historic town of Troyes, this is the perfect base for a city breakCycling - Rent bikes from the hotel and take a cycle ride through Troyes' historic city centreRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming B&B housed in a lovingly restored 19th-century building. Located in the historic city of Troyes, the guesthouse offers comfortable, bright rooms, with a mix of classic and contemporary interior design. Have breakfast in the stately dining room before you head out; a stylish city hotel. See More
Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart Champagne 5 rooms from £126Romantic Break - A stunning mansion set in mature grounds, with elegant interiors and free flowing champagne produced on site.Wine tasting - The hotel has its own vineyard. Learn how the wine is produced then sample the product.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside starting right from the property.Sights nearby - Visit the famous champagne houses of Pommery, Mumm and Ruinart.Recommended by - Sawdays
A rural mansion and working vineyard in the Champagne region. Elegant rooms are traditionally dressed with chandeliers, large sash windows and carved antiques. Fabulous dinners are available (laced with champagne) by prior arrangement and tasting's of the hotel's produce is an added bonus. See More
Bubble 8 Epernay (Épernay) 4 rooms from £145Sights nearby - Ideally located just 300 m from Moët et Chandon House - Tour the famous Champagne vaults which are over 200 years oldWine tasting - Hostess Pascale will advise on the finest vineyard tours in the world's most prestiguous wine-growing regionRomantic Break - These chic apartments just 250m from the start of the Champagne Road are perfect for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Walk the champagne trail and discover the beautiful nature complementing the popular sparkling wineRecommended by - Sawdays
Self-catering and studio apartments in a traditional pale stone 19th-century townhouse in the centre of the grand town of Epernay. Apartments are tastefully decorated in a contemporary style and come fully-equipped with modern amenities. A couple of units have a seating area and an outdoor terrace. See More
Chateau d'Hermonville HERMONVILLE, Champagne 4 rooms from £129Country Escape - A beautiful and secluded chateau set in mature grounds in the Champagne region of France.Great walks - Take long walks through scenic countryside starting straight from the property.Full of characterSecluded setting - For escaping.
Les Bulles Dorees Champagne 4 rooms from £134Foodies - Surrounded by champagne vineyards, it's perfect for learning more about the industry (or to simply have a few tasting sessions!)Sights nearby - Visit local champagne houses as well as Sainte-Clotilde Basilica and Vila DemoiselleGreat walks - Hike up La Montage de Reims or take a stroll through Parc Léo Lagrange
Domaine Sacret Champagne 4 rooms from £139Romantic Break - An intimate guesthouse with champagne tasting, free standing baths and complete tranquility.Great walks - Take a relaxing stroll along the nearby river banks.Restrictions on children - An adult only property.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A chic guesthouse owned by a wine-growing family in central Ay. Individually styled rooms feature free standing baths, warm hues and antique furniture. A bar, complete with billiards table, for evenings spent sampling the regions finest champagne. Walking distance from restaurants. Fabulous. See More
Champagne Andre Bergere Epernay 5 rooms from £166Museums - For anyone with an interest in the history of the region, visit the Museum of Champagne Tradition in The Castellane house.Wine tasting - Sample some of the houses's produce, and learn a little about the process and history while you are at it.Romantic Break - You cannot help but be swept away with the romance of this Champagne house, their passion is palpable.Self catering to rent - There are 2 stylish apartments which come with a fully equipped kitchen and living area.
Le Clos Raymi Epernay 7 rooms from £148Romantic Break - Quiet accomodation in a beautiful building and plenty of nearby Champagne Houses-perfect for a romantic getawayLocal exploring - Le Clos Raymi's central location in Épernay makes it an ideal spot for getting to know Champagne's capitalGreat walks - There are plenty of hiking trails around Épernay for you to explore, ask at the hotel for details.Sights nearby - The Georges Cartier, Pol Roger and Moët et Chandon Champagne Houses are right around the corner!Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Le Clos Raymi is set in a 19th century mansion in the centre of Épernay. Its rooms are decorated in a quirky style with 1930s art-deco furnishings, and some even come with an ornamental fireplace. Be sure to sit out in their garden terrace and enjoy the sun! A friendly and unfussy stay. See More
Le Clos des Terres Soudees VRIGNY, Champagne 5 rooms from £152Romantic BreakSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.Boutique
Exceptional boutique bed and breakfast. Just five discreetly modern bedrooms - high end design elements accompanied by classical furniture and antiques. No restaurant but artisan hampers full of goodies can be arranged and there are e-bikes to borrow for local exploring. Romantic and indulgent. See More
Le Jardin de la Cathedrale Troyes (Champagne) 5 rooms from £165Local exploring - Located in the centre of the quaint town of Troyes, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in the Champagne regionRomantic Break - The heritage property that the B&B is housed in and its idyllic gardens make this a perfect setting for a romantic breakHideaway - Hunker down for a hideaway holiday in this pretty B&B, nestled behind a private garden in the French town of TroyesGreat walks - Wander the streets of the historic old town in Troyes and discover cobbled streets, picturesque cafés and local shopsRecommended by - Sawdays
This charming B&B is housed in an 18th-century residence in Champagne. The individually styled rooms are bright and homely with a blend of contemporary and vintage furnishings; the best suite boasts excellent views of the neighbouring Gothic cathedral. Unwind in the pretty hotel gardens; a cosy B&B. See More
Hostellerie La Briqueterie Epernay 40 rooms from £174Romantic Break - A fairytale setting for a romantic break, from the leafy grounds to the wonderful spa, haute cuisine and extensive wine list.Country Escape - Tucked away in fragrant gardens and rolling vineyards dotted with weeping willows, purple maples and intoxicating roses.Hotel Entertainment - Spend a relaxing evening sipping on champagne in the bar, or head out on the terrace and admire the stars.Wine tasting - The Lecomte family has been producing Champagn here since 1859, take some time to sample their vintages.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Recently renovated country house hotel on a vineyard just a stone's throw from Epernay. Luxurious rooms are indivdually designed with interesting fabrics and bold wallpapers. Sit out on the terrace and enjoy views over gardens, fountains and pool, or head in for fabulously pampering spa treatments. See More
Le Champ des Oiseaux Troyes, Champagne 9 rooms from £223Sights nearby - Just two minutes from the gothic masterpiece, cathedral of Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul, a listed monument historique since 1862.Museums - Just around the corner from The Musée d'art moderne de Troyes, in the city's former 16th- and 17th-century episcopal palace.Romantic Break - For a romantic weekend getaway book the Champagne Package- one room, two breakfasts and a bottle of fabulous Champagne.Total relaxation - Raise the relaxation stakes with massage packages- everything from facials to full body massages available on request.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A beautiful 15th century medieval renovation in central Troyes. A stone and timber facade gives way to a leafy courtyard, complete with pool. Light and airy interiors- exposed timber beams, vintage furnishings and a pale pallet. Enjoy excellent local seasonal cuisine at the restaurant. Pure bliss. See More
Chateau de Courcelles Courcelles-sur-Vesles, Champagne 18 rooms from £195Tennis - If you want to work on your serve, the hotel keeps rackets and balls and offers full access to the on site hard court.Great walks - Take relaxing strolls through the picture perfect park, or get lost (and then hopefully found) in the Charmilles Maze.Wine tasting - The hotels impressive cellar boasts over 150 varieties of Champagne, many of them small batch regional superstars.Country Escape - Live the regal life in this impeccable chateau complete with manicured gardens and a fabulous restaurant.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
An imposing 17th century chateau set in beautiful parkland in the Champagne region. Lovingly renovated throughout, rooms are french chic with four poster beds, chintz fabrics and antique furniture. Dine on modern regional dishes and select wines from the impressive cellar. Rural bliss. See More
L'Assiette Champenoise Tinqueux, Champagne 35 rooms from £229Foodies - Arnaud Lallement's cuisine has earned two michelin stars, it is truly a homage to France and French produce.Wine tasting - The hotels wine list offers over 1000 Champagne's (many small producers and unique bottles) and 1200 wines.Hotel Entertainment - The hotels garden is a peaceful place to sit with a book or a cup of coffee and recharge.Other Activities - Mske sure to take a dip in the hotels pool, heated and open all day it is well worth it.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A traditional timbered house, gives way to uber modern interiors and wonderfully curated spaces. The restaurant serves truly exceptional cuisine, with an emphasis on produce and flavour, and a remarkably extensive wine list. Huge rooms and suites with private balconies and hot tub bath tubs. See More
La Maison de Rhodes Troyes, Champagne 11 rooms from £211City Style - Immerse yourself in Troyes history in this fabulous half timber building, with thoughtful, elegant interiors and wonderful food.Total relaxation - With a wellness area, Swedish sauna, outdoor pool and leafy garden tucked at the base of the towns cathedral.Learning - History buffs will be in heaven, this medieval building was once owned by the Knights of the Order of Malta.Sights nearby - Just around the corner from the cathedral of Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul and the Museum of Modern Art.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A fabulous timber townhouse renovation, previously owned by the Knights of Malta. Simple stylish interiors offset the ancient half timbering and terracotta flooring. A wonderful organic restaurant serves up regional cuisine and an unexpected garden pool completes the picture. One of a kind. See More
Hotel Restaurant Les Avises Epernay (Champagne) 10 rooms from £217Wine tasting - There is no better place to sample the golden, bubbly delights of the Champagne region!Sailing - Sailing on the Lac de Villegusien is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.Sights nearby - Reims Catherdral and the Abbey of Saint Remi not to be missed.Great walks - Through the Montagne De Reims Regional Nature Park.
Located in Champagne, France's famous wine region, plus a famous restaurant headed by Michelin star awarded chef Rossillon, this property is a must for foodies. The chateau is 19th century with modern interiors. Rooms feature cow skin rugs, retro furnishings, original art and expansive bathrooms. See More
La Villa Eugene Epernay 15 rooms from £254City Style - No doubt the most stylish choice in town, a bold mix of modern interiors and historic features, as well as a lovely garden pool.Local exploring - Once owned by one of the most famous Champagne Magnets, Eugène Mercier, you are embedded in the regions history.Other Activities - The hotel works in partnership with some of the towns best restaurants, all within walking distance of the hotel.Wine tasting - Make the most of the regions produce, you are perfectly placed to visit the three major Routes de Champagne.Recommended by - Sawdays
Chateau de Rilly Rilly-la-Montagne, Champagne 15 rooms from £265Romantic Break - An indulgent getaway location- with luxorious rooms, gourmet cuisine, spa and wellness treatments and flowing champagne.Local exploring - Make the most of the Montagne de Reims Regional Nature Park right on your doorstep, home to the famous faux de Verzy.Great walks - The Montagne de Reims Regional Nature Park is criss-crossed with hiking and treking trails ofremarkable beauty.Sights nearby - The nearby villages hide a treasure trove of ancient buildings- Romanesque churches, washhouses and fountains
An attractive chateau on the foot of Reims Mountain Regional Natural Park. Chic and spacious rooms in creams and yellows offer modern comfort and style. An excellent restaurant, and a spa with all the works make this an indulgent choice. Sit out on the terrace and admire the view. See More
Chateau de Sacy Reims 12 rooms from £299Hideaway - A glamorous hideaway set amidst acres of vineyards.Great walks - Explore the picturesque countryside with scenic trails starting straight from the property.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
A picture perfect chateau set in France's champagne country. Elegantly dressed throughout, the rooms are spacious with high ceilings, sash windows, wooden floors and a choice selection of antiques. A fine dining restaurant serves regional dishes, set alongside a fantastic wine list, naturally. See More
Chateau Les Crayeres Reims, Champagne 20 rooms from £312Good wine list - There are over 600 champagne labels to choose from!Foodies - Restaurant Le Parc holds two Michelin stars5* Luxury - Very high service standards.TraditionalRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa Epernay 47 rooms from £451Spa breaks - Take advantage of the hotel's newly inaugurated spa with first-class facilities, and book this hotel for your next spa breakRomantic Break - Views of the beautiful French countryside's rolling hills from this hotel make it a great choice for a romantic getawayFoodies - Foodies will love the hotel's Michelin-starred, fine dining restaurant, with its focus on fresh, seasonal foodSights nearby - Enquire at the hotel about car rental and explore the beautiful nearby towns of Provins and EpernayRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
This five-star hotel overlooks the vineyards of the Champagne region. Reopening after a full renovation, the hotel's guestrooms are elegant and luxurious with natural accents; the best suites offer a terrace with pretty views. Book into the spa before a Michelin-starred dinner. An exclusive retreat. See More