Search the best hotels in Courchevel
One of France’s most popular ski resorts, Les Trois Vallées' Courchevel is famously glitzy. The area’s four villages each have a distinct identity, and are brilliant for couples, friends or families looking to savour superb skiing, as well as fabulous food and nightlife. There are also a plethora of fabulous hotels and chalets to choose from, with the best places to stay in Courchevel ranging from five-star hotels with Michelin-rated restaurants to cosy boutique boltholes for romantic escapes.
In a resort where each village has its own character, it’s worth thinking carefully about where you decide to be based. La Praz, also known as Courchevel 1300, is a classic French alpine community with pretty wooden chalets and a good selection of bars and eateries — including the famed Bistrot du Praz. A laid-back destination, it offers easy access to the vast network of spectacular slopes which draw both French and international sports enthusiasts to Courchevel each winter. Courchevel Village — 1550 — is a hub of simple, self-catering and privately owned chalets, whilst Courchevel Moriond — or 1650 — is a family favourite, with classic chalets and an increasing profusion of well-equipped hotels.
Built in the mid-20th Century, glamorous Courchevel 1850 is the most exclusive village in the region, with beautiful luxury hotels and a vibrant après-ski scene. Foodies will adore the seven Michelin-starred restaurants, whilst romantics and those dreaming of an indulgent ski holiday can kick back in style at an array of five- and six-star hotels. Whether you’re tempted by the scenic summer hiking, the snow-clad winter slopes or the lively nightlife, Courchevel really does have it all. The best places to stay in Courchevel fill up fast, so book your trip well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Courchevel
For Boutique Chic
- White 1921 is a chic boutique hotel in Courchevel 1850. Well-placed for exploring the area's top bars and eateries, it's a lovely little hotel with Jean-Michel Wilmotte-designed interiors featuring crisp, clean lines and lots of light.
- Le St Joseph's 14 eclectic rooms & suites — plus two apartments — have a warm, old-fashioned feel, perfect for resting after a day on the slopes. Fusing the intimacy of a small chalet and the grandeur of a classic château, this is a charming choice for a tranquil boutique stay.
- Le Chabichou, owned by the Rochedy family, is the stuff of legend in Courchevel and beyond. Michel Rochedy and his team will delight foodies with a seasonal menu of innovative dishes in the two-Michelin-starred restaurant. Weekly cooking demonstrations are excellent, whilst the comfortable rooms and suites have pine furnishings and cosy textiles. Lovely.
- Le Portetta 1650 is a gorgeous alpine hotel with family-friendly lofts offering space for 4-6 guests. In-house ski and boot rental, a child-friendly games room and neighbouring nursery slopes complete the picture. A charming favourite for families.
- Carlina Courchevel offers smart, traditional rooms with Swiss pine fittings and impressive north or south-facing views of the mountains. Families will appreciate the flexible room options, the games room and the indoor pool.
- Hotel des Trois Vallées is another family-friendly choice with minimalist rooms offering a modern take on the classic chalet aesthetic. There are dedicated family rooms, ski-in/ski-out access and babysitting services — perfect for when you're at the spa.
- Hotel Le K2 is a magnificent lodge in prestigious Courchevel 1850. Sumptuous rooms and private chalets promise panoramic mountain views, ski-in/ski-out access and a sublime spa, as well as gourmet private chefs. Interiors are grand and indulgent; this is the ultimate in impeccable alpine luxury.
- Hotel Barrière Les Neiges boasts elegant contemporary interiors within a classic lodge. A tremendously luxurious choice, the hotel offers stand-out suites with private butlers, roaring fireplaces and warm textiles. The superb spa, hot tub and cinema add to the appeal.
- Le Strato is another glamorous hotel with a gastronomic restaurant, gorgeous spa with swimming pool, and sophisticated modern suites. A designer dream for well-heeled travellers seeking absolute indulgence for a ski holiday to remember.
- Grand Hotel Courchevel 1850 is a fabulous five-star property with beautiful interiors. Crisp white linens are topped with checked quilts on big beds, there are striking mountain views, and a chic restaurant decorated in cream and blue tones. A grown-up choice for romantics.
For Great Value
- Hotel Les Monts Chavin is a simple boutique B&B with classic wood-panelled walls, roaring fireplaces and cosy beds. A family-owned business opened by one of Courchevel's first ski instructors back in 1955 — the grandfather of the current owners — it's a real landmark. Friendly and affordable.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY CHALET
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport or to Lyon Airport, both of which are within two hours of Courchevel by car or shuttle. Chambéry Airport is closer, but flights tend to be less frequent.
- Savoie is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Come between mid-December and April for the best skiing, avoiding the school holiday crowds of February half term or the bustle of Christmas and New Year. Summer is by far the most popular time for hikers with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Méribel.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Courchevel
Best Hotels in Courchevel
Le Portetta, 1650 Courchevel 38 rooms from £334Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer a plethora of activities from skiing to hiking and climbing.Skiing - The Three Valleys boasts some of the Alps' most diverse and arguably best skiing.FamiliesRestaurant - Cucina Angelina – a restaurant overseen by Chef Angela HartnettRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, I Escape
A superb family friendly hotel, set on the slopes in the Three Valleys, offering ski-in ski-out access. Featuring rustic wooden interiors with stone fire places and rooms with private balconies. The restaurant, over seen by Chef Angela Hartnett, is a real draw and the location is unbeatable. See More
Hôtel Les Monts Charvin Courchevel 19 rooms from £134SkiingActive HolidayOutstanding locationViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
White 1921, Courchevel Courchevel (Rue du Rocher) 26 rooms from £295Active Holiday - In a well known ski resort area, after spending a day out at the slopes, return to the comfort of this hotel.Back to Nature - In a spectaular setting, most rooms offer stunning views of the mountains.Great walks - Beautiful hikes into the countryside. Book a guide or go on your own.Restaurant - Breakfast can be served in the room
This chic and stylish designer hotel is in a picture perfect spot. Rooms are small but super cosy with contemporary smart interiors, offering views of the mountains from the windows or the balconies. Also features a fitness centre and a sauna to relax. Individual ski service for every guest. See More
Hotel Carlina Courchevel Courchevel 1850 46 rooms from £305Active Holiday - Ideally situated in Courchevel ski resort, perfect for skiing and winter sportsGreat walks - There are great guided and self-guided hikes around the surrounding mountain regionSwimming Pool - Seasonal indoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
A classic chalet-style hotel just minutes from the slopes. Charming rustic interiors feature Swiss pine fittings and furniture. Smart, simple rooms have a similar alpine aesthetic with great north or south-facing views, some with balconies. Cosy and family-friendly with games room and relaxing spa. See More
Le St Joseph Courchevel 10 rooms from £347SkiingActive HolidayTraditionalViews - Great views from hotel
Le Chabichou Courchevel 41 rooms from £390Foodies - The restaurant has 2 Michelin Stars.Restaurant - Recommended.FamiliesSkiingRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel des Trois Vallees Courchevel 31 rooms from £425Great walks - Beautiful walking in the surrounding Tarentaise Valley.Views - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Recommended.SpaRecommended by - Design Hotels
Delivering an alpine-chic aesthetic, Hotel des Trois Vallees epitomises the modern skiing hotel. The minimalist rooms combine a sense of luxury and cosiness with pine panelling and fashionable furnishings. The deluxe spa is perfect for recuperating after a long day on the slopes. See More
Le Grand Hotel Courchevel 1850 Courchevel (Savoie) 34 rooms from £569Skiing - With ski-to-door access, the hotel makes it easy and can help to arrange ski hire (onsite), ski pass and ski storage (onsite)Active Holiday - Courchevel boasts a range of outdoor activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiles and dogsled ridesCharming - Traditional chalet-style interiors with simple decor, large comfy beds, cosy colours and wooden finishesChic - Rooms feature sleek green wall panelling, with crisp linens and warm lighting creating a stylish space
A chic hotel with ski-in, ski-out access to the slopes of the Three Valleys. Interiors are stylish yet cosy, with smart wall panelling, comfy beds and warm colours. The sophisticated restaurant serves gourmet food, plus there's a bar and sauna for easing weary limbs. Ideal for couples or families. See More
Le Strato Courchevel 25 rooms from £695SkiingActive HolidaySwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRestaurant - Recommended.
Courchevel’s latest cutting-edge five-star hotel right on the piste. Spectacular traditional-chic interiors - furs, parquet floors, paintings, designer fire places, and wonderful private balconies. Gourmet delights in the fantastic restaurant and bare foot luxury at the spa. See More
Hotel Barriere Les Neiges Courchevel 42 rooms from £1466Active Holiday - With plenty of outdoor pursuits beyond the ski slopes this is the perfect base for those who like to keep activeSkiing - Direct access to the slopes from the hotel opening onto the Three Valleys, some of Europe's best skiingRestaurant - Choose between Fouquets or BFire for fabulous gastronomic cuisine, the former more traditional, the latter all woodfired!Spa - Spa Diane Barriere offers 6 treatment rooms plus hammam, Sauna, pool, and outdoor hot tub.
A luxurious chalet-style hotel set directly on the slopes in Courchevel 1850. Interiors are a mix of traditional pine features alongside smart contemporary furniture. Pick a suite for butler service and a fireplace. Boasting a spa, outdoor hot tub, and cinema - nothing has been missed here. See More
Hotel Le K2 Courchevel 34 roomsPrivate villas - Alpine and Tibetan vibe, five luxury fully-serviced ultra chic chalets, for those looking for complete privacyRestaurant - Two outstanding restaurants The Black Pyramid and Michelin starred Kintessence produce haute cuisineSpa - 550m sq, the spectacular Goji Spa has light, water and fire themesBar - The Winston Klub is for cigar enthusiasts
Impeccable Five Star Alpine-Himalayan lodge style hotel in 1850. Sumptuous rooms and five exquisite, private chalets cluster on the slopes with panoramic mountain views. Doorstep skiing, magnificent spa, Michelin star chefs in the kitchens, child-friendly, cinema, nightclub, what is there to want? See More