Search the best hotels in Courchevel
Courchevel - where you can ski for miles! The runs are well groomed, the lift system is efficient and the views are bracingly beautiful. Courchevel's four villages offer something for everyone - and also a lot of choice about where to stay. If you have your ski trip to Courchevel all planned and just need accommodation recommendations go direct to our Guru's list of the best places to stay in Courchevel.
Le Praz, also known as Courchevel 1300, is a traditional French alpine village with wooden chalets and a good selection of bars and restaurants - including 'Le Bistrot du Praz, one of the most famous restaurants in the Three Valleys. Only a ten minute lift to the centre of Courchevel 1850, there is easy access to the rest of the Three Valleys region.
Courchevel 1550 (Courchevel Village) is directly below 1850, and is a less prestigious option, offering mostly self catering and privately-owned chalets. So it's one of the best places to stay in Courcheval if you're on a budget and all about the skiing rather than the après-ski.
1650 (Courchevel Moriond) is a resort in its own right, and becoming more so as 1850 gets more exclusive. Now one of the best places to stay in Courchevel for families, the restaurants are affordable and the lovely old wood and stone chalets are being spruced up. It also has good skiing above the resort, which is often much quieter than at 1850 and above.
Courchevel 1850 has been the St. Tropez of the alps since being built after the 2nd World War. It boasts the greatest number of six-star hotels in France (two), and eleven hotels have a five-star rating. It's also has 11 Michelin stars shared between seven restaurants. Definitely one of the best places to stay in Courchevel if you want to rub shoulders with A-listers and royalty.
What not to miss:
- Ski or board the endless options of manicured slopes with options for all levels of experience.
- For the adventurous (and experienced) tackle one of the challenging couloirs.
- Spend an evening scooting round the ice rink.
- Embark on scenic hikes during the summer months.
- Take on the exciting mountain bike trails.
With so much going on in the area many of the best places to stay in Courcheval are snapped up early so make your plans and book ASAP.
The Best Places to stay in Courchevel
For a Traditional chalet
- Inside you feel the old-fashioned warmth of exposed wood, but outside Le Chabichou is a chalet-lovers rhapsody-in-white. It's also one of the best places to stay in Courchevel for foodies. Their two Michelin star restaurant serves wonderful food and they also have weekly cooking demonstrations.
- A clever blend of grand chateau and homely chalet, staying in one of Le St Joseph's fourteen rooms, suites, or two apartments feels like you are staying at the home of grand old aristocratic friends.
Courchevel for deux?
- One of the newest and best places to stay in Courchevel for luxury is Le Strato. It is five star and has a gastronomic restaurant and gorgeous pool and spa. It's one of the best places to stay in Courchevel for attention to detail - even the fireplaces are designer. When you finish supper your gloves and boots are returned to you pre-warmed.
Best for luxury
- Hotel Le K2 offers impeccable Five Star Alpine-Himalayan lodge style hotel in 1850. Sumptuous rooms and five exquisite private chalets cluster on the slopes with panoramic mountain views, doorstep skiing and a magnificent spa.
- The chic and stylish designer hotel, White 1921, is in a picture perfect spot and boasts stunning views from the private balconies.
- Delivering an alpine-chic aesthetic, Hotel des Trois Vallees epitomises the modern skiing hotel.
Best for families
- Le Portetta 1650 sits nearby neighbouring nursery slopes. They also have a family suite with space for up to six, in-house ski and boot rental and a kid-friendly games room.
On a budget
- Let's call it traditional rather than understated, the Hotel Les Monts Chavin is a comfy B&B built by the current owner's grandfather in 1955. He was one of Courchevel's first ski-instructors, so expect all the warming necessities plenty of roaring fires, wood panelling and a cosy bar.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you prefer a self catering property for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Geneva or Lyon airports which are two hours' drive from Courchevel. Chambéry airport is closer but flights are less frequent.
- Best time to visit - The ski season runs from mid-December to late April and snow cover tends to be best towards the end of the season. Go in early March to avoid the Easter crowds.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Courchevel.
- Widen your search to include all our properties in The Three Valleys.
- Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Courchevel
Best Hotels in Courchevel
Le Portetta, 1650 Courchevel 38 rooms from CA$234Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer a plethora of activities from skiing to hiking and climbing.Skiing - The Three Valleys boasts some of the Alps most diverse and arguably best skiing.FamiliesGreat walks - Miles of hiking trails start from nearby the property.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, I Escape
A superb family friendly hotel, set on the slopes in the Three Valleys, offering ski-in ski-out access. Featuring rustic wooden interiors with stone fire places and rooms with private balconies. The restaurant, over seen by Chef Angela Hartnett, is a real draw and there's a Scott Dunn Kids Club too. See More
Hôtel Les Monts Charvin Courchevel 19 rooms from CA$227SkiingActive HolidayOutstanding locationViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
White 1921 Courchevel (Rue du Rocher) 26 rooms from CA$439Active Holiday - In a well known ski resort area, after spending a day out at the slopes, return to the comfort of this hotel.Back to Nature - In a spectaular setting, most rooms offer stunning views of the mountains.Great walks - Beautiful hikes into the countryside. Book a guide or go on your own.Views - Great views from hotel
This chic and stylish designer hotel is in a picture perfect spot. Rooms are small but super cosy with contemporary smart interiors, offering views of the mountains from the windows or the balconies. Also features a fitness centre and a sauna to relax. Individual ski service for every guest. See More
Hotel Carlina Courchevel Courchevel 1850 46 rooms from CA$515Active Holiday - Ideally situated in Courchevel ski resort, perfect for skiing and winter sportsGreat walks - There are great guided and self-guided hikes around the surrounding mountain regionSwimming Pool - Seasonal indoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
A classic chalet-style hotel just minutes from the slopes. Charming rustic interiors feature Swiss pine fittings and furniture. Smart, simple rooms have a similar alpine aesthetic with great north or south-facing views, some with balconies. Cosy and family-friendly with games room and relaxing spa. See More
Le St Joseph Courchevel 10 rooms from CA$585SkiingActive HolidayTraditionalViews - Great views from hotel
Le Chabichou Courchevel 41 rooms from CA$658Foodies - The restaurant has 2 Michelin Stars.Restaurant - Recommended.FamiliesSkiingRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel des Trois Vallees Courchevel 31 rooms from CA$717Great walks - Beautiful walking in the surrounding Tarentaise Valley.Views - Great views from hotelSpaRecommended by - Design Hotels
Delivering an alpine-chic aesthetic, Hotel des Trois Vallees epitomises the modern skiing hotel. The minimalist rooms combine a sense of luxury and cosiness with pine panelling and fashionable furnishings. The deluxe spa is perfect for recuperating after a long day on the slopes. See More
Le Strato Courchevel 25 rooms from CA$1171SkiingActive HolidaySwimming Pool - Indoor PoolSpa
Courchevel’s latest cutting-edge five-star hotel right on the piste. Spectacular traditional-chic interiors - furs, parquet floors, paintings, designer fire places, and wonderful private balconies. Gourmet delights in the fantastic restaurant and bare foot luxury at the spa. See More
Hotel Barriere Les Neiges Courchevel 42 rooms from CA$2473Active Holiday - With plenty of outdoor pursuits beyond the ski slopes this is the perfect base for those who like to keep activeSkiing - Direct access to the slopes from the hotel opening onto the Three Valleys, some of Europe's best skiingSpa - Spa Diane Barriere offers 6 treatment rooms plus hammam, Sauna, pool, and outdoor hot tub.Kids Club - There are specific kids' programmes for both the very young and teenagers.
A luxurious chalet-style hotel set directly on the slopes in Courchevel 1850. Interiors are a mix of traditional pine features alongside smart contemporary furniture. Pick a suite for butler service and a fireplace. Boasting a spa, outdoor hot tub, and cinema - nothing has been missed here. See More
Hotel Le K2 Courchevel 34 roomsPrivate villas - Alpine and Tibetan vibe, five luxury fully-serviced ultra chic chalets, for those looking for complete privacyRestaurant - Two outstanding restaurants The Black Pyramid and Michelin starred Kintessence produce haute cuisineSpa - 550m sq, the spectacular Goji Spa has light, water and fire themesBar - The Winston Klub is for cigar enthusiasts
Impeccable Five Star Alpine-Himalayan lodge style hotel in 1850. Sumptuous rooms and five exquisite, private chalets cluster on the slopes with panoramic mountain views. Doorstep skiing, magnificent spa, Michelin star chefs in the kitchens, child-friendly, cinema, nightclub, what is there to want? See More