- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Roscoff
The picturesque fishing village of Roscoff is possibly most meaningful to us Brits as the original point of departure for battalions of French onion salesmen with their striped jerseys, berets and bicycles. Their legacy remains in the form of ‘La Maison de Johnnies et l’oignon’ which is a farm/museum celebrating their exploits. Yet, there is much more to this ‘petite cite de caractère’. The best places to stay in Roscoff offer sophisticated comfort and access to a wide range of activities.
Since the 1960s and the establishment of ferry routes to Britain and Ireland, Roscoff has, deservedly, become a popular tourist destination. Attractive 16th century buildings line the coast and the streets are full of great restaurants – seafood especially - as well as galleries and gift shops. The area is also famed for its ‘Brittany Thalassotherapy’, a type of sea water spa.
Fish is still a busy local industry. There is a daily market and it is possible to organise trips out onto the water with the fishermen.
What Not To Miss
- Just beyond the harbour lies the tiny Ile de Batz with its gorgeous ‘Jardin Exotique’ and lighthouse – both open to visitors. Wander along the beach and take in the stunning scenery before enjoying a picnic.
- In Roscoff itself there is the Gothic Notre Dame de Croaz Batz, whose church bells resemble a tiered cake. This 16th-century building features ornate interiors and splendid architecture which makes it a delightful spot visit.
- Hike up to the Chapelle Sainte Barbe - not necessarily for the building itself, but rather for the stunning panoramic views of the area that it boasts.
There is a wide range of accommodation in the town and the best places to stay in Roscoff range from cheap B&Bs and gites to Michelin-starred foodie havens. Use our pick of the properties and start to plan your visit.
For modern comfort and old world charm
- Set in a gorgeous traditional stone house on the waterfront, Le Temps De Vivre offers chic contemporary rooms and even boasts family suites. Just a short distance from the sights, you can also rent a bike from the hotel to make sure you see all that Roscoff has to offer.
- Le Brittany is a 17th-century merchant's house which was rebuilt as a hotel in 1974. It enjoys a prime position facing the harbour and the Ile de Batz. The hotel has its own ‘Mers et Merveilles’ seawater spa with Turkish baths. There are two fantastic restaurants, one with a Michelin star, and both with spectacular views.
For An Apartment Or holiday cottage
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Summer is the best time to visit, with July and August experiencing an average temperature of 17°C. This is also when the sea is at its warmest if you fancy going for a dip!
- Whilst Roscoff is never packed with tourists, be warned that the summer months will be busier and the hotels more expensive than at other times of the year.
- You can catch a ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff with Brittany Ferries, taking 6 hours by day and 8 hours by night.
- If you're coming from elsewhere in Europe, you can fly into Brest Bretagne Airport, located 61km away. From here, either take the bus or train to Roscoff.
- Those flying from the UK should head to Rennes Bretagne Airport, with Vueling flying from Gatwick and Flybe from Southend. Once you've arrived, take the train towards Roscoff.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Roscoff
Chez Janie 16 rooms from £60Roscoff
Located right on the harbour, this is an historic building with a fresh contemporary interior. Individually styled bedrooms feature large windows, white-washed walls and bursts of block colour coming from the soft furnishings. A lively restaurant and bar serve up regional produce.Local exploring - Well placed to explore the quaint town of Roscoff and the picturesque north Brittany coastline.Great walks - Take a stroll through the exotic botanic garden of Roscoff.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Le temps de Vivre 15 rooms from £96Roscoff
A charming traditional stone house on the seafront with stunning views out to the island of Batz. Sophisticated, contemporary rooms, and family rooms, have all the mod cons including DVD players, elegant furnishings, and huge beds. Walking distance to the beach and to restaurants.Views - Stunning views to the island of Batz.Sights nearby - Batz, Notre-Dame de Croaz Batz, and close to La Maison des Johnnies et de l'Oignon Rose de Roscoff.Sailing - A speed boat will take you to the island of Batz in 15 minutes.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Le Brittany 19 rooms from £149Roscoff, Brittany
A glorious hotel on the Breton coast with stunning ocean views, a fabulous seafood restaurant, and therapeutic spa. A choice of bedrooms, suites, or an apartment (sleeps 4), all with lots of space and elegant furnishings. Lots of exploring, romantic, gourmet, and family friendly.Views - Stunning ocean views from the terrace restaurant.Sights nearby - A 15 minute boat trip to the island of Batz.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux