Search the best hotels in Roscoff
A picturesque fishing village in Brittany’s Finistère region, Roscoff gained fame as the port of departure for 19th-century ‘Onion Johnnies’ who peddled their pink onions across the Channel. Present-day Roscoff’s imposing granite dwellings and turreted harbours are testament to the immense wealth acquired through centuries of maritime trade in everything from cloth and salt to onions. History buffs and active watersports enthusiasts alike will delight in the many charms of this seaside spot — and with many of the best places to stay in Roscoff (from charming B&Bs to fabulous luxury hotels) set right on the harbour, you can expect spectacular views, too!
Architecture enthusiasts can admire the Maison Forte, the restored church of Notre-Dame-de-Croas-Batz and the clifftop Chapel of Sainte-Barbe, as well as striking merchants’ mansions and the 17th-century granite harbour. Delve into Roscoff’s trading history with Britain at La Maison des Johnnies et de l’Oignon, or unwind with restorative spa treatments at France’s oldest thalassotherapy centre. Shoppers will find boutiques and galleries in central Roscoff, whilst outdoorsy travellers can walk, cycle, swim, sail, kayak and windsurf. The lighthouse and Jardin Exotique of the Ile de Batz are well worth exploring.
Foodies will adore the daily markets, trips out on the water with fishermen, and the plethora of excellent seafood eateries. Our list of the best places to stay in Roscoff even includes a waterfront hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant and an inviting seawater spa.
The Best Places to Stay in Roscoff
For Historic Roscoff
- Le Temps De Vivre offers indulgent contemporary rooms and family suites in a traditional stone house — complete with a turret — on the seafront. Expect spectacular views from the guestrooms, cycle hire and great breakfasts. Meeting facilities are ideal for business travellers. Eateries and activities are within walking distance.
- Chez Janie boasts fresh, modern interiors in a historic harbourside building. Think big windows, whitewashed walls and bursts of primary colours. The lively bar and restaurant specialise in regional produce. Families are welcome and there are plenty of watersports nearby.
- Le Brittany faces the harbour and the Ile de Batz, just across the bay from old Roscoff. The hotel's 'Mers et Merveilles’ seawater spa with Turkish baths is hugely impressive, and its two restaurants — one with a Michelin star — are fabulous. Chef Loïc Le Bail's creative seafood dishes are exceptional. A luxury gem for foodies.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Brest Bretagne Airport or to Rennes Bretagne Airport, and travel to Roscoff by train or car. Alternatively, hop aboard the ferry from Plymouth. Journeys to Roscoff take just six hours by day, and eight hours by night.
- Brittany is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August — though this is the busiest time of year. For a quieter trip, consider visiting in May or September, although the weather will be cooler.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Perros-Guirec.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Brittany.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Roscoff
Best Hotels in Roscoff
Chez Janie Roscoff 16 rooms from £60Local exploring - Well placed to explore the quaint town of Roscoff and the picturesque north Brittany coastline.Great walks - Take a stroll through the exotic botanic garden of Roscoff.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Located right on the harbour, this is an historic building with a fresh contemporary interior. Individually styled bedrooms feature large windows, white-washed walls and bursts of block colour coming from the soft furnishings. A lively restaurant and bar serve up regional produce. See More
Le temps de Vivre Roscoff 15 rooms from £95Views - Stunning views to the island of Batz.Sights nearby - Batz, Notre-Dame de Croaz Batz, and close to La Maison des Johnnies et de l'Oignon Rose de Roscoff.Sailing - A speed boat will take you to the island of Batz in 15 minutes.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A charming traditional stone house on the seafront with stunning views out to the island of Batz. Sophisticated, contemporary rooms, and family rooms, have all the mod cons including DVD players, elegant furnishings, and huge beds. Walking distance to the beach and to restaurants. See More
Le Brittany Roscoff, Brittany 19 rooms from £113Views - Stunning ocean views from the terrace restaurant.Restaurant - There are two restaurants, one Michelin starred, the other more relaxed!Sights nearby - A 15 minute boat trip to the island of Batz.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A glorious hotel on the Breton coast with stunning ocean views, a fabulous seafood restaurant, and therapeutic spa. A choice of bedrooms, suites, or an apartment (sleeps 4), all with lots of space and elegant furnishings. Lots of exploring, romantic, gourmet, and family friendly. See More