Search the best hotels in Val d'Isère
About Val d'Isère
One of the most celebrated ski resorts in the French Alps, Val d’Isère boasts over 150km of snow-clad slopes. Twinned with Tignes as part of Savoie's L’Espace Killy Ski Area, Val d’Isère offers a fantastic selection of accommodation options to suit a whole host of tastes and budgets. Our Gurus’ list of the best places to stay in Val d’Isère is filled with fantastic B&Bs, chalets and hotels, each of which offers something special and unique.
L’Espace Killy famously offers 90 lifts, 186 miles of marked trails, two snowboard parks and umpteen acres of off-piste terrain; it’s little surprise that this is a favourite destination amongst outdoorsy adventurers. Take the little ones to the bunny slopes of Solaise, or tackle the 1992 Olympic downhill course at La Face if you’re a seasoned skier. Ice karting at La Daille is great fun, too. Summer hikes through the Refuge du Prariond and Les Gorges de Malpasset are gorgeous, as are challenging mountain bike rides, horse riding excursions and thrilling paragliding tours over the Vanoise National Park.
Val d’Isère is a modern, buzzy ski resort, and it’s lively après-ski scene is a key part of its appeal. Gather for early evening drinks at a plethora of chic bars, before enjoying delicious dinners and late-night parties at the coolest clubs in the French Alps. Many of the best places to stay in Val d’Isère promise terrific nightlife spots of their own, too!
The Best Places to Stay in Val d'Isère
For Classic Charm
- Hotel Altitude has 37 retro-inspired rooms with rustic wooden beams, red-and-white chequered quilts and impressive mountain views. A charming choice for winter or summer holidays, complete with a fabulous fine dining restaurant and outdoor swimming pool encircled by striped umbrellas. Very understated.
- Les Barmes de L'Ours is a luxurious mountain hideaway with four distinct styles across its four floors. Kick back in romantic rooms inspired by the great North American wilderness as a couple, or unwind as a family in more traditional Savoyard surroundings. Some rooms have bunk beds, and little ones will love the nods to the bear theme throughout the hotel. Sublime.
- Hotel Christiania has been a Val d'Isère institution since 1949. This grande dame amongst mountain hotels promises wood-panelled rooms and suites, an inviting spa and an excellet eatery. For those dreaming of timeless style, and the golden era of ski holidays.
- The Kandahar promises all the warmth of a traditional chalet, with big oak beams, crackling fireplaces and striking views of La Face from the cosy bar. The restaurant is very good, the rooms cosy and traditional, and you're just 350m from the slopes.
- Les Lauzes is a relaxed base with adjoining rooms for families and groups. Pick this place for its affordability, central location — expect easy access to the pistes and the nightlife scene — and friendly feel. A traditional, family-friendly choice.
- Le Samovar, situated close to the funicular in La Daille, is a family-run hotel with an excellent reputation for warm, personal service. Families will appreciate the flexible room options and the ski-in/ski-out access. The traditional Savoyard cuisine is fantastic and the spa wonderfully serene.
- Hotel Tsanteleina has sleek, white-on-white interiors, a great restaurant and a soothing spa. Its bunk beds are ideal for families with little ones, who can also hop aboard the ski bus which stops right outside the door. Charming.
- Le Refuge de Solaise offers a selection of multi-bedroom apartments, well-suited to families or groups of friends. Perched at an impressive 2,551m, these indulgent apartments feature stunning views, and a modern twist on classic chalet style. The indoor pool is a real treat.
- Victoria Lodge is a chic base with a wide variety of room configurations for families and groups. Stylish rooms and suites have white interiors, big windows and modern bathrooms. The casual restaurant serves regional fare, the bar has a good buzz, and the games room is great fun.
- Airelles Val d'Isère is an enchanting mountain hotel for guests of all ages. Interiors have a classic feel, with spacious suites offering elegant seating areas and stunning views. The kids club, games room and proximity to the children's ski schools have made this a family favourite. The two terrific restaurants are the icing on the cake.
- Le Blizzard is a five-star Val d'Isère favourite, owned by the Cerboneschi family since 1963. This atmospheric Alpine gem features dark wood and sumptuous furnishings in spacious rooms and suites. The lively bar is a popular watering hole, and the spa is exceptional. An upmarket icon just 150m from the slopes.
- Avenue Lodge, designed by Parisian architect Jean-Philippe Nuel, has an ultra-hip feel, with contemporary interiors including a neon-lit bar, swish monochromatic suites and a spoiling, state-of-the-art spa. The restaurant specialises in mouth-watering French cuisine. Luxury for modern design lovers.
- Le Yule has sleek, sophisticated rooms with lots of light wood, crisp white linens and grey or black accents. A grown-up and indulgent choice for five-star stays with fabulous treatments at the Nuxe Spa.
- Le K2 Chogori promises a chic Tibetan-inspired aesthetic, with impactful photography and sumptuous textiles in generously proportioned suites. Don't miss dining at the Peruvian restaurant or relaxing at the spa. Brilliant for families, but also a very romantic luxury hotel.
For a Rural Retreat
- Chalet Colinn is an intimate guest house situated between Val d'Isere and Tignes. With just five guestrooms, this is a wonderfully tranquil spot. Hide away as a couple or book the whole place for a memorable group trip. Private and secluded.
For Great Value
- La Tovière is a simple, affordable hotel opposite La Daille Chairlift and the funicular. Comfortable rooms, ski-to-door access, a good restaurant and a reputation for excellent service make this a wonderful budget holiday choice.
- Hotel du Fornet is another budget-friendly base, this time with more modern interiors. Rooms are inspired by chalet style and offer flexible options for families and groups of friends. In the quiet village of Le Fornet, a little further from the après-ski action.
- La Galise has been owned by the same family for three generations. A friendly, reasonably priced spot, it welcomes guests of all ages — triple rooms are great for families or groups. The lively bar is a real hub, and the ski lifts are less than 100 metres away.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY CHALET
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Chambéry Airport, Geneva Airport or to Grenoble Airport — all less than three hours away — and continue to Val d'Isère by car or shuttle bus.
- Savoie is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Come between mid-November and mid-April for the best skiing, avoiding the school holiday crowds of February half-term or the bustle of Christmas and New Year. Summer is by far the most popular time for hikers with temperatures peaking at around 18°C in July and August.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Tignes.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Val d'Isère
Best Hotels in Val d'Isère
La Toviere Val d'Isère 29 rooms from £86Great walks - The surrounding Vanoise National Park is full of superb walking routes in the summer.Restaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Du Fornet Val d'Isère 12 rooms from £86Great walks - The surrounding area is full of lovely walking trails.
Smart and affordable, Hotel Du Fornet is a lovely chalet-style B&B in the village of Le Fornet. A mile from Val D'Isere, the hotel offers stylish, comfortable rooms and a cosy bar. A stone's throw from the nearest ski lift, it's perfect for those who want to be a quieter corner of the valley. See More
La Galise Val d'Isère 30 rooms from £117Active Holiday - Skiing in winter and plenty of other mountain activities in the summer months.Skiing - Only 20m from slopes and lifts!Less £ - Great value for its locationViews - Over the Face de Bellevarde
A simple family-orientated hotel in the heart of the resort and just 100m from the piste. Rooms are traditional in style with plenty of pine and all have modern en suites. Triples offer a good option for families or small groups. Lively bar, excellent value and an unbeatable location. See More
Hotel Tsanteleina Val d'Isère 54 rooms from £140Great walks - The Vanoise National Park is superb for walking and trekking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.
Les Lauzes Val d'Isère (Val d'Isere Cedex) 23 rooms from £135Families - A family friendly hotel with designated joined rooms, and activities to keep you occupied all year round.Great walks - Stunning hiking trails through Vanoise National Reserve.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
Le Refuge de Solaise Val d'Isère 34 rooms from £139Families - Apartment accommodation (sleeping between 4 - 18) makes this an ideal choice for families or groupsSkiing - Giving direct access to the Espace Killy, one of Europe's premier ski destinationsRestaurant - Le Refuge restaurant offers an ever changing menu of traditional French dishes, or there's Pizza at the Italian!Spa - The Refuge Spa offers a 25m indoor heated pool plus a range of treatments using Exertier products.
Perched at 2,551m, these are Europe's highest apartments which, at night, once the gondola is closed, is a magnificently peaceful spot set overlooking Val D'Isere. Rooms, suites and dormitories and are modern yet inspired by traditional design. Boasting an exemplary restaurant and spa. Superb! See More
Kandahar Val d'Isère 41 rooms from £182Skiing - Easy access to the pistes of both the Bellevarde and SolaiseActive Holiday - A great ski retreatFull of character - Homely setting with traditional decorRestaurant - Serving Alsatian specialities
Traditional chalet-style hotel with easy access to both the Bellevarde and Solaise pistes. Alpine decor with modern touches, and a heavy emphasis on exposed wood and stone throughout. There's a cosy bar and charming restaurant serving Alsatian specialities. A homely, reliably good option. See More
Le Samovar Val d'Isère 18 rooms from £200Skiing - Superb location just 30m from the funicular at La DailleSpa - Mineral Spa with a sauna, hammam, swimming spa and 2 massage roomsFull of character - Mountain decor and modern alpine style furnitureRestaurant - Offering traditional and regional specialities
Family-run chalet hotel in La Daille, a stone's throw from the funicular which has you up the mountain in minutes. Flexible modern-alpine style accommodation is perfect for families and groups with doubles, family rooms and self catering options. Traditional Savoyard cuisine plus a spa for relaxing. See More
Chalet Colinn Val d'Isère (Le Franchet) 5 rooms from £208Skiing - The vast Espace Killy is on your doorstep. Elizabeth your host is a fountain of local knowledgeGroups - Book the whole chalet for a ski holiday with friendsActive Holiday - Located 3.1 miles from the Val d’Isere ski resortRestaurant - The chef is available on site to prepare breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meals six evenings a weekRecommended by - Sawdays
Chambres d'hotes chalet style. Urban rusticity in an exceptional mountain setting, just outside Val d'Isere. Four en suite bedrooms offer flexible accommodation - book the chalet as a whole or come as a couple and make new friends round the dinner table! A relaxed spot away from the hustle & bustle. See More
Hotel Altitude Val d'Isère 40 rooms from £213Great walks - The surrounding Vanoise National Park is full of fantastic walking trails.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.
Victoria Lodge Val d'Isère 40 rooms from £217Groups - With a range of room confirgurations, reasonable prices (for the area), and a laidback feel — ideal for a break with friendsActive Holiday - Whether you enjoy skiing, rafting, mountain biking, horse riding, hiking or climbiing — there is a wide choice of activitiesSkiing - Val D'Isere and the neighbouring 'Espace Killy' offer a vast network of pistes with something for all abilitiesGreat walks - During the summer months, there are miles of mountain hiking trails to explore
A laidback hotel with chic contemporary style located near the centre of Val D'Isere. Simply styled rooms and suites have expansive windows, plenty of pale wood, and modern bathrooms. There's a casual restaurant serving regional fare, a games room, and a bar. An easy base for an active holiday. See More
Les Barmes de L'Ours Val d'Isère (Montée de Bellevarde) 76 rooms from £280Great walks - The nearby Vanoise National Park is perfect for summer walking expeditions.Romantic - Good for couples.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Christiania, Val d'Isère Val d'Isère 69 rooms from £300Great walks - The surrounding Vanoise National Park is full of fantastic walking routes.Remote - Off the beaten track.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - CN Traveller
Avenue Lodge Val d'Isère 51 rooms from £289Skiing - The vast Espace Killy is on your doorstepCity Style - Urban chic in the mountainsActive Holiday - The perfect ski retreatRestaurant - Serves a daily breakfast buffet and traditional French cuisine
Luxurious urban chic in the heart of town. Architect designed, style conscious interiors feature dark walls, splashes of red and faux fur throws - definitely sultry! A stunning spa with pool, hot tub and hamman eases weary limbs; and there's a pro shop on site for all your ski needs. See More
Le Blizzard Val d'Isère 57 rooms from £380Skiing - Situated at the foot of the Bellevarde. Ask at the hotel for organising lessons, guides and heli-skiing.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool at the foot of the Bellevarde slopeSpa - Spa by ClarinsViews - Great views from hotel
Much loved 5* luxury hotel in the centre of town; Le Blizzard is a bit of a Val d'Isere institution. Its bar is legendary and the vibe relaxed. Rooms are sumptuous; beautifully decorated and all with balconies boasting great views. Relax in the spa and enjoy fabulous food. Mountain perfection. See More
Le K2 Chogori Val d'Isère 21 rooms from £508Foodies - The Peruvian restaurant L’Altiplano is a real masterpiece serving creative dishes that couldn't be further from the usual fondueSkiing - A short stroll from the lifts from where you have access to the Espace Killy — some of Europe's best and most expansive skiingBoutique - A five star boutique with attentive service, chic Tibetan-inspired design, fine dining, and a spa — a luxurious optionFamilies - There's a kids' room with table football, air hockey, PlayStation units and glass jars of jellybeans
A stylish five-star boutique hotel set in the heart of Val D'Isere, near the ski lifts. Design throughout has a chic Tibetan-inspired aesthetic. Rooms & suites have local photography, designer fabrics, and Japanese toilets. There's a very impressive Peruvian restaurant and a spa too. Very luxurious. See More
Le Yule Val d'Isère 41 rooms from £564Back to Nature - Explore the beautiful Vanoise National Park, with plenty of opportunity for skiing, snowboarding and mountaineering.Great walks - Excellent walking trails through the Vanoise National Park.Remote - Off the beaten track.Spa
Airelles Val d'Isere Val d'Isère 41 rooms from £11715* Luxury - With gorgeous design, nothing's-too-much service, a spoiling spa, and a very good restaurant — you'll wish for nothing hereFamilies - With a kids club, spacious suites, a games room, and views of the ESF children’s area — this is ideal for a family breakDesigner - There's a blend of Medieval-inspired design with a good injection of contemporary flare that comes together very wellSkiing - Located piste-side on the Front de Neiges, locations don't get much better than this to hit the slopes
A standout five-star hotel set right on the slopes. Beautifully styled interiors mix traditional Medieval style with chic contemporary touches. There are two very good restaurants (one is Paris' popular Loulou), a spa, a kids' club, and exceptional service. You'll wish for nothing here. See More