Search the best hotels in Bad Dürkheim
About Bad Dürkheim
Bad (meaning ‘bath’) Durkheim is a German spa town on the edge of the Palatine forest. It lies on the German ‘wine route’ close to the border with France. The town has seven mineral springs and by the early twentieth century was firmly established as a spa destination. There are a variety of things to do and see here. On the edge of the forest are the ruins of Limburg Abbey, an impressive relic dating back to the eleventh century. The local area was a popular hunting ground of old and lodges remain in various states of repair. A quirky feature is the ‘Durkheimer Reisenfass’ - a gigantic barrel which now doubles as a restaurant. The ‘graduation tower’ is a very impressive piece of engineering and, at 330 metres long, the biggest in Germany. Our pick of the best places to stay in Bad Durkheim provide ideal bases for exploring the region and sampling the numerous wines.
What Not To Miss
- Visit the unique Gradierwerk Bad Durkheim, a fascinating structure and one of the last remaining Saline's in Germany. Here, water gushes over huge bundles of sticks and the salt in the air is renowned for its freshness and health properties.
- Or explore the town's historic past with a visit to Burgruine Hardenburg, a large ruined castle that visitors can wander around and let their imaginations run wild. There's also some spectacular views from the castle to be enjoyed.
- Alternatively, take a tour and a tasting of one of the local vineyards - a great way to sample some truly local produce and maybe even find a new favourite vintage!
- A stroll around Kurpark is worthwhile. The park serves as a tranquil green oasis with paths, a river and plenty of greenery - a great spot for unwinding.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Bad Durkheim are ideal for sampling some of the best food and wine produced in the region.
The best places to stay in Bad Durkheim
For Lovers of Wine
- Ketschauer Hof is a gourmet’s treat - a ‘wine hotel’ in the middle of Germany’s wine country. It was formerly a manor house - now a smart hotel. Cookery lessons are available along with wine tastings and vineyard visits. The interiors are a blend of the modern and the traditional. There is also a first class Finnish spa.
- Weinhaus Henninger is a chic hotel sitting on the edge of the charming little wine village of Kallstadt. Combining elements of traditional German hospitality with fresh, urban interiors, this hotel is brimming with character. The perfect spot for a weekend of exploring one of Germany's most prolific wine growing regions.
- Alte Pfarrey is an enchanting hotel in the idyllic village of Neuleiningen, offering uniquely decorated rooms. A former rectory, the hotel is defined by its bay windows and turrets while the rooms have antiques, artworks and bright artisan wallpaper. There is a Michelin-star restaurant that offers cookery classes.
- Deidesheimer Hof is an 18th century wine merchant's house and refined 5-star hotel in Deidesheim's market square, offering elegant accommodation. Smart rooms combine traditional style with all the mod cons. Creative fine dining is considered amongst the region's best. An excellent base for discovering Germany's wine road.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for enjoying the relaxing delights of the town.
- Fly to Frankfurt Airport located 97km (60 miles) from Bad Durkheim with a wide selection of flights across Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Bad Durkheim with rail links across the region.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the charming countryside and surrounding towns, visit our partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September for warm weather, great for exploring the town and surrounding vineyards.
Still not sure?
- Browse our pick of the best places to stay in Bad Durkheim.
- Expand your search to include all our Germany collections.
- Or contact, a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bad Dürkheim
Best Hotels in Bad Dürkheim
Weinhaus Henninger Bad Dürkheim 13 rooms from £69Local exploring - The ideal resting place for a tour of the vineyards of the Rhineland-Palatinate, the friendly staff will happily advise you.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking trails in the surrounding Rhineland countryside.TraditionalRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A chic hotel siting on the edge of the charming little wine village of Kallstadt. Combining elements of traditional German hospitality with fresh, urbane interiors, this hotel is brimming with character. The perfect spot for a weekend of exploring one of Germany's most prolific wine growing regions. See More
Ketschauer Hof Bad Dürkheim 18 rooms from £176Good wine list - A wine hotel on the German wine route, it has its own cellar and tasting sessions.Foodies - Fabulous gourmet restaurant and extensive wine list.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Visit the vineyards.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel