Search the best hotels in Dusseldorf
Fashionable, wealthy, cultured, Düsseldorf is a city where things happen. The city is made up of an alluring mix of gleaming city buildings, wonderful avant-garde architecture of the redeveloped harbour, and the historic Rhine-side quarter. Our Guru's recommendations of the best places to stay in Düsseldorf are dotted across these locations and are mostly sleek contemporary offerings, perfect for a chic city break.
This is a shopping mecca. The boutique-lined boulevard, Königsallee, is the place to see and be seen. While, for the young and hip the less well-known boutiques in Altstadt, Lorettostrasse, and Flingern are a real draw. If you're serious about buying art or antiques, then head over to Carlstadt.
Dubbed the Media Harbour, or MedienHafen, the new harbour development is home to some of Düsseldorf's best modern architecture, including three buildings by Frank Gehry. But Düsseldorf's mostly modern look isn't everywhere, pockets of the city's beautiful old Art Nouveau architecture survived the war, and one of the best of these is in the Oberkassel district.
The city boasts a wealth of cultural offerings. The largest is probably the Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, which occupies several buildings.
Don't forget that the city is a busy destination year-round for both business and leisure travellers, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Dusseldorf, you can't leave it till the last minute.
The best places to stay in Dusseldorf
For modern style
- If you like bold monochromes and lots of choice, book a room at Stage 47. The decor is confident and 'boutique-y', with splashes of modern art and some lovely pieces of furniture. The choice comes in the form of rooms, suites and self-catering apartments.
- The Fritz is a must if you like contemporary style, and is perfect if you've come for the shopping. Its designer decor is inspired by urban life and you're just a short walk from the Konigsallee Boulevard.
For Harbour Views
- Overlooking Dusseldorf's trendy redeveloped media harbour, Innside Dusseldorf Hafen is a sleek contemporary hotel. Stylishly designed, the hotel features chic rooms, a lively cocktail bar and an excellent restaurant looking out over the water. A great launchpad for exploring the city's vibrant night scene.
- If it's luxury you crave then book a room in the Breidenbacher Hof. This stylish five star offers beautiful interiors which are a clever mix of vintage and contemporary, plus there's an extensive spa with indoor pool and restaurant Brasserie 1806 boasts panoramic views over the old town, not to mention delicious food!
For a self-catering apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Dusseldorf Airport.
- Dusseldorf train station has daily services to and from Germany's main hubs.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Dusseldorf is from June to September when the temperatures sit in the twenties (celsius).
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Dusseldorf
The Fritz Dusseldorf (Karlstadt,) 31 rooms from £80Local exploring - Whether it's shopping, sight-seeing or long walks down canal-straddled streets, Dusseldorf has plenty to explore.Local markets - A short walk from the Carlsplatz, a famous market selling everything from objet d'art to vegetables.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Restrictions on childrenRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Stylish 4-star hotel in Dusseldorf just a short walk from the world-famous Königsallee boulevard, offering playful, chic rooms with a designer decor inspired by urban life. Some rooms come with a balcony. There is a Michelin-star restaurant on-site and an atmospheric bar. See More
Stage 47 Dusseldorf 27 rooms from £130GroupsCity StyleFamiliesSights nearby - In the same building as the Savoy Theatre and the Atelier Kino cinemaRecommended by - Tablet
Innside Dusseldorf Hafen Dusseldorf 134 rooms from £152Local exploring - Walking distance from the Düsseldorf Opera House and many of its sightsFoodies - Fine dining and experimental cocktails at THE VIEWCity Style - Arguably the most stylish hotel in townSights nearby - German Opera at River Rhein is twenty minutes walk away.
A cool, modern hotel in Dusseldorf's redeveloped Media Harbour. Its sleek and minimalist rooms look out over the Dusseldorf marina. Enjoy a drink and a stunning view out over the city in the hotel's skybar. With an in house nightclub, the hotel fits into its lively, up and coming surroundings. See More
Breidenbacher Hof Dusseldorf (Stadtmitte) 106 rooms from £256City Style - With a black marbled staircase overshadowed by shining chandeliers, rooms with artisan crafted furniture and marble bathrooms.Spa breaks - The Spa has a steam bath, Finnish saunas, a 24/7 gym and an indoor pool.Cooking classes - The Brasserie 1806 runs cooking masterclasses for guests.Swimming Pool - Heated indoor pool.