- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Hanover
Today Hanover is probably best known for its business conferences and expos - it has a pretty full calendar of them, but if you look beyond the suits and functional architecture, you’ll discover a wealth of museums and a fascinating cultural history. Don’t forget, it was the Hanoverians, or the Dukes of Hanover, who also ruled Britain and Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Two of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Hanover are located very close to Hanover’s old town, which is quite pretty, but not at all authentic.
Things not to miss:
- The grand baroque royal Herrenhäuser Gärten were inspired by the gardens at Versailles, and being 5kms from the centre of town they largely escaped the bombings of WWII. The Wilhelm-Busch-Museum is part of the complex.
- To get an idea of what you’re missing out on visit the Neues Rathaus or town hall, which has four vast models of Hanover at different times in history: 1689, 1939, 1945 and 2000. It’s also got a curved lift.
- Then there’s the Sprengel Museum, full of modern art.
- Another excellent museum is the Museum Schloss Herrenhäusen.
- For a trip to nature, explore the Eilenriede Forest, Europe’s largest city forest.
- For a day trip head to Schloss Marienburg, of the Hanoverian Court, and one of the most important Neo-Gothic buildings in Germany. Just 20kms south of Hanover.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Hanover are ideal bases for exploring this charming city.
The best places to stay in Hanover
For a City Break
- The Kastens Hotel Luisenhof is Hanover’s only five star hotel, an opulent, but reasonably priced choice in a classical building right by the old town.
- Just round the corner is the Grand Hotel Mussmann, another chic choice in a central and lively spot. It has 104 spacious, elegant rooms with wooden floors and leather seating, plus there’s an onsite restaurant which does an excellent breakfast.
- If you’re looking for something a bit smaller try the Hotel Savoy a smart, four star hotel with just 18 rooms just outside the centre of town. The rooms are simple with enormous windows, and there’s a pretty, flower-filled patio and an elegant restaurant serving traditional cuisine.
For great value
- The Hotel Amadeus is a contemporary hotel in a central spot with 129 individually styled rooms - think feature walls and modern bathrooms - plus a restaurant serving excellent regional dishes. Rooms start from around €90 per night.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Hanover Airport.
- Hanover is also an easy city to get to, with great train links to the rest of Germany and direct trains to France, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands. You’re also only an hour and a half from Berlin.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Hanover is from June to September, when the weather is at its best.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Hanover
Hotel Amadeus, Hanover 129 rooms from £79Hanover
A contemporary hotel boasting an excellent city location. Individually styled rooms are minimalist with splashes of colour coming from feature walls, and modern bathrooms. The restaurant serves up excellent regional dishes. Very good transport links for city exploring. A chic choice.Local exploring - A well positioned hotel with easy access to the city centre making this a great choice for exploring the city.Sights nearby - Marvel at the opulent architectire of the New Town Hall.Great walks - Take a stroll around the regal Herrenhausen Gardens.
Hotel Savoy, Hanover 18 rooms from £175Hanover
A good four-star hotel well located just outside the city centre. Simply designed rooms feature enormous windows, sink-in-to beds and crisp white linen. A pretty flower-filled patio is the perfect place to unwind with a drink. Dine on traditional cuisine. A comfortable choice.Local exploring - Ideally located for soaking up the sights, just five minutes from the city centre and ten from the beach!Great walks - Take a stroll around the beautiful Herrenhausen Gardens just steps from the hotel.Traditional
Grand Hotel Mussmann 104 rooms from £132Hanover (Ernst-August-Platz 7)
A chic luxurious hotel in a central and lively area of Hanover. Spacious and elegant contemporary rooms with wooden floorings, leather seatings and marble in bathrooms. The on site restaurant serves an excellent breakfast, and you are within walking distance of a range of restaurants and bars.Local exploring - Perfectly located for soaking up all the city has to offer, within walking distance of the main sights and transport lines.Sights nearby - A stones throw away from the Opera House and Hannover's Playhouse.
Kastens Hotel Luisenhof 149 rooms from £110Hanover
Enjoy the opulence and luxury of Hanover's only five-star hotel. Set in a classical building, its rooms carry an air of understated elegance. Located a stone's throw from Hanover's historic old town, its ideal for a weekend break in Saxony's capital. Also well suited to those in Hamburg on business.City Style - Hanover's only five star hotel this is a most stylish staySights nearby - Hanover Zoo is twenty minutes walk away.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Opulent