- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Mykonos
By day the bright sun gleaming off the ocean and white architecture makes Mykonos glitter, but by evening it glitters with the coloured lights of fun. This is one of the best places to stay in the Cyclades if you love buzz, and our gurus are here to help you find the best places to stay in Mykonos. We have a great range of properties from the seriously luxurious to the more traditional.
What Not To Miss
- The Church of Paraportiani enjoys a wonderful setting just outside Chora. Be sure to bring along a camera and take some great snaps, especially at sunset!
- Wander along the narrow and cobbled Matoyianni Street, which is filled with wonderful boutique shops. A buzzy and bustling area with a real mishmash of stores.
- The Folklore Museum is a great spot to learn all about the island. Filled with an eclectic variety of artefacts bringing to life Mykonos's history and culture, it's a lovely place to visit.
- Spend an afternoon at Platis Gialos Beach. With a number of super restaurants and sunbeds on offer for €10 a day, it's a top place to take the whole family.
- Head off on a day trip to the nearby island of Delos, once the religious and political centre of the Cyclades. Legend has it that this was Apollo and Artemis's birthplace, but it was abandoned in the 19th century and now the only thing remaining is a series of ruins elucidating the island's rich history.
Don't forget that this little Greek island is incredibly busy during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Mykonos during July or August you'll need to be very organised and book well ahead.
Not too long ago this island was a premier resort for gay travellers, so there's no shortage of camp-ish luxury. Both clubs and accommodation. But the celebrity jet-setters who currently favour the island have design-chic-ed up some of the luxury.
- For money's-no-object lux, the Kivotos Club Hotel is the best place to stay on Mykonos. They send a limo to collect you, and their services include 'private yacht rental' as well as a cigar and caviar bar.
- Mykonos Blu also offers serious luxury. Stay in a private villa with your own private pool, and mini-garden; and cap off your evenings in their 'long hours' cocktail bar open pretty much all the time. Also one of the best places to stay in Mykonos for honeymooners.
- For traditional glamour, one of the best places to stay is Mykonos Theoxenia. It's 60s-tastic with its architecture and colour scheme - like being a James Bond glamour-puss!
- The upmarket Bill And Coo offers wonderfully chic whitewashed accommodation. Their minimalist and spacious suites come with lovely balconies offering sea views, whilst there's also a Mediterranean restaurant.
- Cavo Tagoo is a 5* stay right by the sea. This property's accommodation features four poster beds and balconies, as well as there being an infinity pool and extensive spa facilities.
- Grace Mykonos is an all-white glamour spot with glorious sea views. Providing a variety of suites with private balconies and some with hot tubs, there's also a lovely pool as well as a spa. What's more, their Grace restaurant is one of Mykonos' best!
- Santa Marina Resort & Villas boasts its own private beach area, two infinity pools, two restaurants and three bars! This 5* spot features elegant beach-chic accommodation, and you can also make use of their on site beauty salon and boutique stores.
- Kensho Boutique Hotel expertly combines luxury with traditional Cycalic design, offering elegant minimalist rooms (some of which even have their own pool!). Just a minute away from the beach, this is a wonderfully romantic stay.
Discover the REAL Charm of Mykonos
Beneath the glitz and busy throngs, Mykonos still has a lot of charm. Once one of the barest, poorest islands in the Cyclades, it has adapted to popularity without losing its traditions. Mykonos Town's layout and bougainvillea covered architecture make it easy to feel lost in a Greek island dream. And the famous windmills are more than just Kodak-fodder.
- The Semeli Hotel is one of the best places to stay in Mykonos to feel the island's real pulse. This traditional mansion, and surrounding village of villas, stands stylishly aloof, but is close enough to enjoy local tavernas and explore the old town.
- Another of the best places to stay in Mykonos if you want peace as well as parties, the Hotel Elena is a simple but charming pension in the heart of the village.
- Tharroe of Mykonos is a boutique hilltop property overlooking Mykonos Town. Their rooms are chic yet understated and you can enjoy a range of treatments at the Calypso Spa. A top spot.
- The minimalist Ostraco Suites (located in the hills away from the buzz) has everything you might need for a holiday in the sun - whitewashed rooms with all the mod cons, private balconies, a lovely pool and a restaurant serving up organic Greek grub.
Best places to stay in Mykonos for Fun in the Sun
If you want to relax and recharge in the sun by day so you can eat, drink and dance all night then these beach-side beauties are some of the best places to stay in Mykonos.
- Did we mention Mykonos Blu's private beach is one of the best on Mykonos? With a spa, sauna, two level infinity pool and private hot tubs to boot, this is a wondrously relaxing spot.
- Archipelagos features traditionally Mykonian style with plenty of blues and whites, whilst you'll love its location right by the Kalo Livadi Beach. With a spa and Greek restaurant as well, this is a lovely spot.
- The eco-friendly Rocabella Mykonos offers chic whitewashed rooms with spectacular views of Chora. Unwind by the spa or pool before enjoying Cycladic food at the restaurant. Plus, Agios Stefanos beach is right around the corner!
- Myconian Imperial Resort is located right on the beach, providing contemporary chic accommodation with splendid views of the Aegean. This luxurious spot boasts three swimming pools, two bars and gourmet cuisine - what more could you ask for?
- De.Light Boutique Hotel ticks all the right boxes, just 5 minutes from the beach and offering simple yet stylish rooms. Soak up the sun whilst enjoying a cocktail from the pool bar and forget about all your worries!
- San Giorgio is a chic rustic retreat, offering whitewashed accommodation and a lovely pool area. What's more, guests get VIP membership passes to the Paradise Club including a shuttle service to take you there and back. Perfect for combining sun with fun.
For a holiday villa or apartment
- Perhaps you've decided that your needs are better served with a self-catering option. In that case, we recommend you check out the wide range with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Visitors can fly to Mykonos Airport, located in Chora, about 4 km southeast of Mykonos Town. Easyjet offers direct flights from Luton and Gatwick, but if you're coming from Edinburgh then that'll require a connection.
- Most hotels offer transfer services, however if this isn't the case, there are plenty of taxis outside the terminal to take you to the centre of town for about €8.
- Alternatively, during high season you can take a rather infrequent bus which runs to Fabrika station at a cost of €1.60.
- With most people coming to Mykonos for the nightlife and the good weather, it's probably best to visit from June to September (with the average temperature above 23°C). Be warned though that this is peak season, so expect to pay more for accommodation.
- The shoulder seasons (April, May and October) are the best combination of decent weather and cheap accommodation. That said, there's not nearly as much on as during the summer months.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in Mykonos
Semeli Hotel 60 rooms from $125Mykonos Town, Mykonos
A white, bright and relaxed oasis of calm. Chic luxurious rooms with contemporary bathrooms, some suites boast private hot tubs. Enjoy stunning views, an indulgent spa and a fine dining restaurant. Proximity to Mykonos Town makes this ideal for those wanting to mix relaxation with some nightlife.Hideaway - A spa, pool and the sea make for a great hideaway with plush rooms, lovely terraces with seaviews and excellent service.Spa - By ApivitaViews - Great views from hotelPrivate Hot Tub
Tharroe of Mykonos 26 rooms from $138MYKONOS, Mykonos
Boutique hotel located atop a small hill overlooking Mykonos Town. Offers a range of rooms and suites decorated in a contemporary manner. Go for a dip in the pool and enjoy the stunning views of the Aegean or have a drink on the terrace watching the sunset. Great location and friendly staff.Total relaxation - Unwind in the Calypso spa which offers a range of beauty therapies or have a drink on the terrace and enjoy the sunsetRomantic Break - Long walks on the beach, relaxing in the spa and evening candelit dinners together-what could be better?Sights nearby - Go visit the Myknos Windmills, Meletopoulou Public Garden and the Old Port all nearbySailing - Go sailing to truly explore the Aegean and its many islandsRecommended by - Johansens
Archipelagos 40 rooms from $160Mykonos
A charming property traditionally built in a Mykonian style with amazing sea views. Chic rooms featuring lovely hues of blues and whites. An outdoor pool, a spa and a restaurant serving authentic Greek cuisine on site. A very warm and inviting hotel. Great for couples or individuals.Total relaxation - The perfect spot for unwinding, either by the pool, or in the wellness centre, with spa, sauna and hot tub.Local exploring - In a great location overlooking the Aegean Sea and close by to the beautiful traditional villages as well.Beach Life - The Kalo Livadi Beach is ideal for beach lovers with its sandy shores and crystal clear waters.Local markets - Stroll around Chora (Mykonos Town) and check out the churches, monuments and shops.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Ostraco Suites 21 rooms from $169Drafaki, Mykonos
A chic minimal retreat in the hills. Lovely rooms and suites have all the mod cons, private balconies and sea views. Gorgeous pool and lounge area. Walking distance to restaurants and close to the beaches. Ideal for all sorts of sun seekers and wedding groups - there are two churches.Weddings - 2 nearby churches.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - free form poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Small Luxury Hotels
Kensho Boutique Hotel 35 rooms from $194Ornos, Mykonos
Fusing luxury with traditional Cycladic designs, this stunning boutique hotel gets the decor spot on. Sophisticated and authentic, many of the rooms include private plunge pools. They are real havens of relaxation. With its stunning coastal location, the hotel encapsulates the romance of Mykonos.Romantic Break - Stylish rooms, many of which include private balconies and plunge poolsBeach Life - One minute's walk from the beach - you couldn't get much closer!Local markets - Visit Matogianni Street, home to a fine selection of designer boutiques, bars and art galleries.Great walks - Take walks along the stunning Mykonos coastline.
Rocabella Mykonos 21 rooms from $240Mikonos, Cyclades
A chic eco-hotel located close to the beach with spectacular views of the ocean. Rooms are creatively adorned in whites and browns using local materials. A pool and a spa for your enjoyment and a Greek restaurant serving fresh food. The stylish pool side bar is perfect for a romantic sundowner.Eco break - Solar panels at the hotel to heat water and bicycles are provided for free to encourage sustainable living.Families - The two bedroom suite is big enough to sleep four people, cribs and cots can be provided on prior request.Romantic Break - The great views, elegant rooms, chic poolside bar and knockout food make this the ideal couples retreat.Beach Life - Agios Stefanos beach is located a short stroll from the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
De.Light Boutique Hotel 18 rooms from $240Mykonos
De.Light Boutique Hotel enjoys a superb location in Mykonos overlooking the Aegean sea. Spacious, simplistic accommodation decorated in a typically Mediterranean fashion. Relax with a cocktail from the pool bar and enjoy the splendid views! An utterly rejuvenating coastal spot.Total relaxation - Truly unwind at this stylish retreat, make the most of the gorgeous views, tranquil vibes and extensive spa facilitiesBeach Life - De.Light is located just five minutes from the nearest beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seaDiving - If you fancy going on an unforgettable adventure then head off deep sea diving!Great walks - Wander along the beach at sunset and take in the gorgeous viewsRecommended by - Tablet, Johansens
Myconian Imperial Resort 111 rooms from $247Mykonos
A super cool hotel right on the beach, with amazing views of the Aegean Sea. Contemporary, chic rooms with five star amenities, some with outdoor hot tubs and private pools. Three swimming pools, gourmet cuisine, two bars and a spa on site. A luxurious affair.Honeymoons - Ideal for honeymooners, beautiful rooms with private balconies and spectacular views, spa services and gourmet cuisine.Families - The Executive and Junior Suites can accommodate upto 3-4 persons, perfect for families.Beach Life - The hotel has its own private beach area exclusively for hotel guests.Local markets - Check out the jewellery, clothing, arts and crafts souvenir shops that litter this area.
San Giorgio 33 rooms from $262Mikonos, Mykonos
Chic boho island retreat. Gorgeous, almost rustic rooms and suites, in minimalist design. Lovely pool and sun bathing area. Excellent Mediterranean restaurant serves organic/local food. A cool choice for sun seekers and romantics.Walking distance restaurantsHoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotelBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Mykonos Theoxenia 52 rooms from $269Mykonos Town, Mykonos
1960s glamour with a 21st-century twist. Funky interior design, with bright colours, shag carpets and boutique detailing. Startling views of the famed windmills. Gastronomic delights whipped up in the oh-so trendy restaurant. Close to the nightlife in Mykonos Town. A chic option.Romantic Break - The ideal spot for a romantic getaway- chic suites with magnificent views, treatments at the spa and nights out on the town.Sights nearby - Walking distance from the famed Mykonos windmills.Views - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Apanema Resort 17 rooms from $289Mykonos
A stunning hotel with fabulous sea views. Traditional white washed rooms with simple contemporary art and modern bathrooms. A glorious infinity pool and restaurant serving modern Mediterranean cuisine - with a delicious breakfast included in the rate. Easy access to the town centre and beaches.Hideaway - A small hotel perched atop a hill with wonderful seaviews. Complete tranquility.Sights nearby - Explore any one of the 400 tiny Byzantine chapels.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Views - Great views from hotel
Bill and Coo 24 rooms from $297Mikonos, Mykonos
Wonderfully chic all white minimalism with spectacular views over the ocean. Spacious suites with all the mod cons and gorgeous balconies. Lovely pool lounge area and Mediterranean restaurant. Perfect for swish honeymooners.Seaviews - Wonderfu sea views over Megali Ammos BayHoneymoonsLuxuryBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels
Cavo Tagoo 80 rooms from $309Tagoo Mykonos,, Mykonos
Five Star paradise facing the sea. A collection of rooms, suites and villas, all utterly romantic with four poster beds, private balconies, private pools, and wonderful views. Glorious infinity pool surrounded by a restaurant. Extensive spa. Very luxurious.Suites - 33 of the suites have private pools.HoneymoonsRomantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Mykonos Blu 103 rooms from $320Mykonos Town, Mykonos
Village style resort offering serious luxury, with private villas, pools and stunning views. White on white interiors off played by touches of cool blue. Boasting an excellent spa and a number of bars and restaurants. A wondrously romantic spot overlooking Mykonos's best beach.Total relaxation - Exclusive resort offering spa, sauna, private hot tubs, two-level infinity pool and gourmet dining with a view.Beach Life - Set on its private part of the lovely Psarou beach, with access to loungers and yacht rental.Diving - There are a number of dive centres on the island, make the most of the crystal clear waters.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Grace Mykonos 32 rooms from $377Mikonos, Mykonos
Get jet set, go! An all white glamour hot spot in utmost luxury. Various sizes of suites have private balconies, some with private hot tubs, and gorgeous sea views. Lovely pool, extensive spa and plenty to do on the island. Ideal for honeymooners, romantics, and sun seekers.Spa breaksDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic BreakChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, CN Traveller
Santa Marina Resort & Villas 96 rooms from $451Mykonos
An uber luxe retreat with its very own private beach and 5 star services. There are two infinity pools, choice of two restaurants and three bars, a full service spa, a beauty salon, designer boutique stores and private villas. Rooms are opulently furnished. A grand and luxurious stay.Total relaxation - The on site spa offers massages and a beauty salon to pamper and indulge, as well as five star service and a serene setting.Romantic Break - A super romantic destination with a private beach front, fantastic food, beach chic suites and luxorious touches.Sights nearby - Guests must visit the windmills located close by to the hotel.Swimming Pool - Two swimming pools for guestsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Kivotos Club Hotel 39 rooms from $468Mykonos Town, Mykonos
The private yacht, limo transfers and a caviar bar set the tone for this super luxurious hideaway, with it's own private beach. Traditional hillside building with uber contemporary interiors. Two fabulous restaurants and a chic bar. Top honeymoon and romantic break destination.Honeymoons - A dream like location- seriously romantic suites with welcome champagne on arrival, and fine dining overlooking the bay.Sailing - A privately owned stunning 25-meter schooner for day trips to the surrounding islands.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Mykanos white washed windmills, a well known landmark on the island.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Fodors