Search the best hotels in Parga
Northern Greece has yet to become a much talked about holiday destination, but it's an interesting region, as well as being beautifully perched on the edges of the Mediterranean. It does however have excellent tourist infrastructure so when it comes to accommodation the best places to stay in Parga come in all price ranges from campsites to smart hotels. Parga is undoubtedly a beautiful little resort town, but it looks much more like a little red-roofed Italian town, rather than the square whitewashed buildings people think of as being typically Greek. As is the norm the castle sits at the top of the hill and charming little alleyways run downwards to the shops, homes, bars and restaurants, and the sea. In the past the majority of visitors have been Greek, but word of its beauty is spreading.
What Not To Miss
- Parga's castle/ fortress sits on a headland just to the west of the town, keeping watch over things. It dates from the 14th Century and has seen much use - this little hamlet has been battered by pirates several times over.
- The renowned beaches are well kept and some have good facilities, including, Kironeri Beach, right by the town centre, Valtos Beach, on the other side of the castle, and further to the west Lichnos Beach. If you don't fancy the walk there are regular boats ferrying people to and from these main beaches.
- Just west of the town is a second castle, Ali Pasha castle, from which Ali Pasha tried to destroy Parga's castle using cannons. If it's a clear day you can see all the way to Corfu from here! The walk back to Parga is through orchards and olive groves.
- Enjoy a plethora of activities at the Acheron River, with everything from rafting to zip lining all set in breathtaking surroundings that contrast wonderfully with Parga's beaches
Whilst Parga is still relatively unknown compared to neighbouring holiday destinations - the best places to stay in Parga are still in hot demand, especially in the peak months, so book quickly to avoid missing your dream hotel.
- The Salvator Hotel Villas & Spa is a great choice for couples or groups, with villas (with fully equipped kitchens and private pools) sleeping up to five. Stylish and modern, the mood and decor here are bright and friendly, plus there's a poolside restaurant serving modern Greek cuisine and a spoiling spa for total relaxation.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of properties along the coast and in the centre.
- Fly to Aktion National Airport located 67km (41 miles) from Parga with airport transfers available.
- Parga is scenic, rather than easy to get to - you can only arrive by bus or boat, with daily bus access.
- If you'd prefer to rent a car and explore the dramatic mountains around the town - we recommend our online partner, Rentalcars, for prices.
- Best time to visit - June to September is peak season in Parga with the warmest weather, although Spring from March onwards also offers pleasant conditions.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Parga
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Corfu or Lefkada
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Parga
Best Hotels in Parga
Salvator Hotel Villas & Spa Parga 28 rooms from £82Spa breaks - The Serenity Spa offers holistic treatments to rejuvenate, and can tailor make programmes according to your lifestyleRomantic Break - With a range of private suites and villas, some with private pool, plus views to die for and great restaurantSelf catering - Each of the luxury villas comes with fully equipped modern kitchen and a private poolViews - Stunning views over olive groves to the Ionian SeaRecommended by - Tablet
A chic modern hotel with rooms, suites, and villas (sleep up to 5). Interiors are sleek and stylish, there are wonderful sea views from its hilltop perch, plus an extensive spa, gorgeous terraces and good food. A lovely spot for groups and couples looking for a luxury stay that's close to the beach. See More
Parga Beach Resort Parga 106 rooms from £108Total relaxation - The Armoni spa offers a range of treatments from massages to pedicures which can be had in the hotel's beautiful gardensFamilies - Beautiful suites, private pools, sporting activities, spa and all-day restaurant make this perfect for familiesBeach Life - Located on sandy Valtos beach — sea, sand and sunbeds call for seaside relaxationSights nearby - Located in stunning town of Parga, picturesque restaurants, beaches, churches and shops are around the corner
A tranquil beachfront resort in the picturesque village of Parga. Rooms and private bungalows combine neoclassical Venetian decor and modern pastel hues to great effect. Find entertainment to suit all including an indulgent spa, four pools and water sports. Highly recommended. See More