- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Parga
Northern Greece has yet to become a much talked about holiday destination, but it's an interesting region, as well as being beautifully perched on the edges of the Mediterranean. It does however have excellent tourist infrastructure so when it comes to accommodation the best places to stay in Parga come in all price ranges from campsites to smart hotels. Parga is undoubtedly a beautiful little resort town, but it looks much more like a little red-roofed Italian town, rather than the square whitewashed buildings people think of as being typically Greek. As is the norm the castle sits at the top of the hill and charming little alleyways run downwards to the shops, homes, bars and restaurants, and the sea. In the past the majority of visitors have been Greek, but word of its beauty is spreading.
What Not To Miss
- Parga's castle/ fortress sits on a headland just to the west of the town, keeping watch over things. It dates from the 14th Century and has seen much use - this little hamlet has been battered by pirates several times over.
- The renowned beaches are well kept and some have good facilities, including, Kironeri Beach, right by the town centre, Valtos Beach, on the other side of the castle, and further to the west Lichnos Beach. If you don't fancy the walk there are regular boats ferrying people to and from these main beaches.
- Just west of the town is a second castle, Ali Pasha castle, from which Ali Pasha tried to destroy Parga's castle using cannons. If it's a clear day you can see all the way to Corfu from here! The walk back to Parga is through orchards and olive groves.
- Enjoy a plethora of activities at the Acheron River, with everything from rafting to zip lining all set in breathtaking surroundings that contrast wonderfully with Parga's beaches
Whilst Parga is still relatively unknown compared to neighbouring holiday destinations - the best places to stay in Parga are still in hot demand, especially in the peak months, so book quickly to avoid missing your dream hotel.
Best Places to Stay in Parga
For boutique chic
- If you're looking for a small, boutique style hotel book the Irida Boutique Hotel. There are only nine individually decorated rooms, all with stand alone bathtubs and private balconies - most with sea views. And with rooms starting at just £63 per night, this is also a great choice if you're on a tight budget.
For families or groups
- The Salvator Hotel Villas & Spa is a great choice for groups or families, with suites sleeping up to five. Stylish and modern, the mood and decor here are bright and friendly.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of properties along the coast and in the centre.
- Fly to Aktion National Airport located 67km (41 miles) from Parga with airport transfers available.
- Parga is scenic, rather than easy to get to - you can only arrive by bus or boat, with daily bus access.
- If you'd prefer to rent a car and explore the dramatic mountains around the town - we recommend our online partner, Holiday Autos, for prices.
- Best time to visit - June to September is peak season in Parga with the warmest weather, although Spring from March onwards also offers pleasant conditions.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Parga
Irida Boutique Hotel 9 rooms from $86Parga
A chic boutique hotel with charming rooms and wonderful sea views. Individually decorated suites are full of romance, each with black and white chequered floors, stand alone bath tubs, and private balconies. A small hotel with lots of character.Views - Wonderful views both out to sea and over Parga's Venetian castleRomantic BreakSights nearby - Exlore the caves at Lichnos BaySailing - Can be booked nearby.
Salvator Hotel Villas & Spa 20 rooms from $97Parga
A stylish modern hotel with rooms, suites, and villas (sleep up to 5). Wonderful sea views from its hilltop perch, extensive spa, gorgeous terraces and good food. A lovely spot for families, groups, and couples looking for a luxury beach holiday.Views - Stunning views over olive groves to the Ionian SeaGroups - Separate villas sleep up to 5.Spa breaksFamiliesRecommended by - Tablet