Search the best hotels in Pelion
Jutting out into the gulf between Athens and Thessaloniki, the Pelion peninsula is where the Greeks thought their gods came on holiday. This peninsula, which soars upwards 5,000 feet in a matter of miles, is very different from the rest of the Greek coast. Laced with streams and rivers it's very lush, something which apple, apricot and chestnut growers have taken advantage off. In the winter, Mount Pelion, gets enough snow to support a ski resort. The best places to stay in Pelion can be found both beachside and in the heart of the countryside.
Things not to miss:
- The beaches are a mix of long stretches of shingle and small coves. The landscape is dry. Some are backed by beach resorts and some by small fishing villages. All have crystal clear waters.
- By Mylopotamos the coves are particularly beautiful and the fact that the coastline itself is relatively undeveloped makes it peaceful.
- Damouchari, just south of Agios Ioannis, is the right place to go if you're looking for the prettiest village! There's a lovely little harbour, around which there are stone houses and narrow car-free streets. There's also a lovely, quiet beach.
- A great way to explore this region is along the donkey paths, which still provide the main link between some villages. These criss cross the whole area and make for easy exploration. Harvest time is one of the best seasons to explore the region on foot, it's very colourful.
- One of the best places to stay in Pelion for walkers is Tsangaragha. On a hillside amongst apple orchards this village boasts Greece's oldest plane tree, among other similarly charming features.
- If you're looking for somewhere right off the beaten track, visit Trikeri island just off the peninsula's foot. Car free and only 2.5kms across, you can only get to the island by water taxi. The island has plenty of walking paths mostly ending at deserted beaches, or the 18th Century monastery on the top of the hill.
Pelion's mix of stunning mountain landscape and beautiful coastal strips is a winning combination and our selection of the best places to stay in Pelion all seek to harness the area's abundant natural beauty.
For a traditional atmosphere
- Amanita Traditional Hotel is perfect for those looking for authentic Greek hospitality. Set in a beautiful stone house amidst stunning gardens, it's like stepping into a glorious Greek home. With lovely rooms and magnificent views, it's a real gem.
- Set in a small hillside village, Santikos Mansion exudes local charm and character. With homely, traditional interiors. comfortable rooms and excellent views, it's perfect for a taste of trademark Greek hospitality.
For a historic stay
- Set in a stunning Grecian villa, Arhontiko Ioannides is full of historical treasures. Boasting an elegant aesthetic and beautifully appointed rooms, this place has a touch of class. Offering access to both the beaches and the mountains, this is a great launchpad for exploring Pelion.
- Six Keys transformation from a boat yard into a boutique hotel is a thing of beauty. With superbly designed rooms and impressive views out over the sea, this hotel captures the romance of the area. Enjoy excellent seafood and delicious cocktails at the hotel's fun beach bar.
For adventurous types
- Anovolios is perfect for adventurers. Located in the highest village on the peninsula the views are stunning. Plus they can arrange walking tours with a professional guide.
- Little Swallows is also situated in the mountains. Here you'll find elegant rooms with hand carved beds and a lovely terrace with pool - perfect for relaxing after a day exploring on foot!
For an apartment or villa
- For those looking for their own space, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest international airports to Pelion are Athens and Thessaloniki.
- Pelion is perfect for exploring by car, so visit our car hire partner Rentalcars.
- Pelion is the perfect destination for those in search of summer sun with temperatures sitting in the mid 20s from June to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Pelion
Anovolios Pelion 15 rooms from £65Views - Unique view over the Pagasitikos gulf, the island of Evia and the SporadesFamiliesValue chicGroupsRecommended by - CN Traveller
A fabulous traditional hotel in the highest mountain village of Pelion. Elegant rooms sleep up to four people and have stone walls, wooden floors, fireplaces, and attractive beds. A great choice for an active mountain holiday for couples, groups of friends and families. Great value too. See More
Santikos Mansion Pelion 6 rooms from £78Skiing - In the winter.Sights nearby - Tsagarada Plane Tree.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Olga Mouresi, Pelion 6 rooms from £71Romantic Break - With cosy guestrooms and a romantic roof terrace overlooking the sea, book this hotel for your next couples' getawayHideaway - Tucked away in an idyllic mountain village, this boutique bolt-hole is a great place to unplug and unwindBeach Life - Set a short drive from a range of pretty, quiet beaches, book this hotel for your next seaside breakKayaking - Rent a sea kayak in Damouhari and paddle along the coastline to find your own sea-washed rock or secret bay
Perched in the scenic village of Mouresi on Mount Pelion, this hotel offers a blend of classic and contemporary Greek style. Guestrooms feature traditional, exposed stone walls juxtaposed with modern fittings and smart linens. Head to the hotel's beautiful roof terrace for panoramic sea views. See More
Amanita Traditional Hotel Pelion 6 rooms from £75Active Holiday - With close priximity to both sea and mountain there are numerous activities to keep outdoor adventurists entertained.Kayaking - Explore the coves and beaches on a sea kayak.Views - Lovely views over both mountains and seaRestrictions on children - Children over six are welcome.
A charming property set amidst picture perfect gardens. Traditional interiors include exposed stone walls, beamed ceilings and antique furniture. An indulgent Greek breakfast is served. Close to both mountain and ocean giving the best of both worlds. Perfect for an authentic Greek experience. See More
Little Swallows Pelion 9 rooms from £87Views - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Wonderful walking and hiking on the doorstepSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape
A large traditional house in a mountain village with beautiful valley views. Traditional elegant rooms have carved wooden beds, wooden beams and wooden floors. Lovely terrace and pool. A great choice for families, couples and groups of friends. Great value and lots to do in the surrounds. See More
Arhontiko Ioannides Pelion 10 rooms from £87Romantic Break - Four traditional stone bungalows in the garden with panoramic view are very romantic.Views - Breathtaking views both to the village and to the sea of Pagasitikos gulf.Sights nearby - The old train station of the famous “Moutzouris” next to the waterfall.Great walks - Walking tours to the Pelion villages.
A stunning Grecian villa on Mount Pelion with fantastic sea views. Beautiful rooms, some triples, and a few romantic cottages in the garden. Traditional elegance and artisanal painting throughout the interiors. Delicious breakfasts, swimming pool, and plenty to do on the beach and the mountain. See More
Minelska Resort Pelion 6 rooms from £100Beach Life - Set on the seafront in Pelion, a stone's throw from the nearest beach, choose this hotel for your next seaside getawayRomantic Break - With warm and inviting suites, plus a seaview terrace, book this hotel for your next romantic breakFamilies - Suites at this hotel can be adapted to cater to children, making this a good option for familiesViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
This charming, four-star hotel is spread across two, traditional stone properties on the coast of Pelion. Exposed walls and wooden beams combine to create a romantic atmosphere in the hotel suites, with some offering sea views. Unwind on the patio with a cocktail after sightseeing. See More
Six Keys Pelion 6 rooms from £139Romantic Break - The beach location, pretty seafront restaurant and relaxed atmosphere make this a great romantic holiday destinationHideaway - Tucked away on the beach, enjoy your private terrace in peace and quiet at this bolt-holeBeach Life - Sitting right on the beachfront, you can't get an easier beach holiday hotel than thisCooking classes - Learn the secrets of Mediterranean cuisine with a cooking class at the hotel during your stayRecommended by - I Escape
A stunning beachfront hotel on the doorstep of the Aegean. Classic interior design complements the country villa feel of the guesthouse; comfortable suites offer private living space and open out onto pretty terraces. Dine at the seafront restaurant or relax at the hotel bar. A cosy beach hotel. See More
Sakali Mansion Pelion 9 rooms from £139Sights nearby - The city of Volos is nearby and is filled with museums and features traditional architectureGreat walks - There are various walks available, for example, from the centre of Pinakates to Kala NeraSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children
Stunning guest house in the heart of Pinakates. Seven en suite rooms, with classic stone walls, wooden ceilings, plush modern furnishings, and marble bathrooms. Guests sit by stone fireplaces, unwind in the spa, lie by the pool, and enjoy panoramic views from the terrace; the ideal romantic escape. See More
Agapitos Villas & Guesthouse Pelion 17 rooms from £143Families - Villas 'maisonettes' available for up to five people - equipped with sitting room, kitchen facilities and bathroom hot tub!Beach Life - Choose from an array of stunning beaches within walking distance. Crystal waters with dramatic mountain backdropsFoodies - Award-winning chef Aris Tsanaklidis creates a modern Greek cuisine at the hotel's affordable on-site restaurantActive Holiday - Located on a mountainside meaning that trekking and mountain-biking are popular local pursuits
A pretty guesthouse located on the side of Greece's famous Pelion mountain. Rooms, suites and private villas are equipped with fireplaces and the best have in-room baths. The sea-view pool is magnificent, as is the award-winning cuisine. Ideal for those looking to get back to nature. See More