Search the best hotels in Rhodes
Eternally appealing, and much argued over by ancient civilisations, there are many reasons to travel to Rhodes, largest of the Dodecanese. Briefly you could say it's sunny, sandy, beautiful, historic and potentially delicious. Because there are so many reasons to visit Rhodes, you’ll also find accommodation to match, and the challenge of recommending the best places to stay on Rhodes isn’t in uncovering fantastic hotels, it’s in choosing from many. There are beach resorts, diving resorts, historic guesthouses, palatial grande dames and luxurious modern hotels. So whatever your budget or taste there should be an appropriate property to book.
As the largest island in the Dodecanese, Rhodes has had the most historic appeal, and it has some incredible historic monuments. The Colossus is no longer, but there are still plenty of other archaeological and mythological treasures, dotted across the island in numerous charming villages and hamlets. The island’s size also means there’s more coastline to explore, edged by the crystal clear Aegean, with its many underwater treasures too. There are some seriously idyllic beaches, if you’re here to relax, but also tiny private coves and dramatic rocky cliffs, if you’re here on a walking holiday. The lush interior and the bounty of the sea always attracted invaders — what a great place to grow food! And today these conditions mean Rhodes is a foodie heaven.
If you’re not sure which part of the island would best suit you then we’ve some recommendations below, and below that are our picks for the best places to stay on Rhodes.
Where to Stay on Rhodes — Which part of the island?
- Rhodes Town is the island’s capital, and just the cobbled maze you’re hoping for in its centre — around 200 of the streets here don’t even have names, that’s how labyrinthine it is. The Old Town of Rhodes is medieval, with Byzantine, Ottoman and Italian layers, protected within a double layer of city walls and an impressive moat, and it’s all Heritage Listed. But it still has its cafes, restaurants, boutiques and range of accommodation options.
- The New Town in Rhodes Town, is the bit outside of the walls, but it’s hardly new, it still dates from the medieval period, and was started by the Greeks who were kicked out of the Crusader’s citadel. Today it’s got a mix of old and new architecture, including some great Art Deco style, and has more in common with other modern Aegean resorts, with fantastic waterfront bars and restaurants and lively nightlife, and a great collection of boutique shops. And great beaches.
- Lindos is set against a beautiful harbour, out of which its sugar-cube houses rise up the cypress-dotted hill, towards the ruins of an impressive Acropolis. It’s beautiful. Lindos Beach is a charmer, and Pallas Beach is quiet and sandy, and popular with the locals, while St. Paul’s Bay is one of the best swimming spots on the island.
- Ialyssos is close to Rhodes Town, just to the west, with a line of hotels, bars and cafes along a beautiful, pebbled waterfront. It’s a laid back town, which has sprung up from a smaller village about half a mile up the hill. The original village is great for traditional charm, with squares lined with tavernas and churches, and this blend of old and new makes for a relaxed stay with plenty of variety. Ialyssos is also one of the best places to stay on Rhodes if you’re looking for great value accommodation.
- Most of Rhodes’s sandy beaches are on the northeastern coast, between Rhodes town and Lindos, and there are resorts dotted along this stretch. Faliraki is one of them, and we’ve included it because it’s probably the liveliest resort, with a great selection of restaurants and bars, but also a shallow bay that’s great for families. There are all-inclusive resorts all up and down the coastline, and you’ll find them here, like everywhere, but that does mean that there are excellent facilities. Including an aquarium and a waterpark.
Don't forget that this island is incredibly busy during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Rhodes in July or August, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Rhodes
- Melenos Lindos is a traditionally Moorish styled boutique hotel in a wonderful position close to the Acropolis in Lindos, overlooking the Aegean. There are just 12 rooms and suites, all of them large with sea views, and there’s an extremely romantic rooftop restaurant, which is arguably one of the best on the island.
- The unusually named Fashion Hotel Nikos Takis offers harem-style glamour hidden away in one of the Old Town's historic townhouses. There are just eight rooms, so this is an intimate and very memorable spot, and there are plenty of romantic added extras, like draped beds, whirlpool baths and the complimentary use of guitars and accordions with which to serenade your partner… There’s also a terrace with an amazing view.
- The Marco Polo Mansion has the ambience of Rhodes Old Town just right. A lovingly restored, and very atmospheric Ottoman townhouse, with only seven rooms, a stay here is like staying in another time. The walled garden is peaceful and beautiful, the restaurant is good, the rooms have high ceilings and four-poster beds, and it's all very romantic.
- The Rodos Park Suites in the New Town is the polar opposite: a trendy couple’s retreat, with luxurious rooms and suites, an impressive spa and a hip rooftop bar. It’s bustling and close to the beach, and fresh and modern, with all the mod. cons., including a large pool and poolside bar.
- The Spirit of the Knights is a gorgeous, six room boutique hotel in the Old Town, with some wonderful original features, richly romantic decor and welcoming public spaces, including a garden with a large outdoor hot tub and a beautiful courtyard.
For a Beach Resort
- Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa is a swanky five star hotel and spa resort right on a private stretch of beach outside Lardos. There are 44 contemporary rooms and suites, all with private balconies and some with a private pool too. There’s also a top of the range spa and a Mediterranean restaurant.
- The Rodos Palladium is another five star resort right on the beach, this time the Blue Flag beach of Kallithea. All of the rooms and suites have private sea-facing balconies, which also look out over the resort’s impressive lagoon pool and tropical gardens. There’s a choice of restaurants and bars too.
- Superbly chic and luxurious, Lindos Blu sits pretty on the cliffs above Lindos, with spectacular views of the turquoise bay and sugar cube village just a short stroll away. The spa is top of the range, and there’s a private beach and two fantastic restaurants, and the 70 beautiful rooms and suites offer every modern luxury, including, in some cases, your own private pool.
- The Trinity Boutique Hotel is an intimate, six room boutique hotel in a wonderful medieval stone building in the heart of the Old Town or Rhodes Town. The entrance is entrancing, you really feel like you’re entering part of the citadel, and the decor in the rooms is stylishly minimal to make the most of the wonderful original features. The courtyard is the perfect spot for breakfast.
- The Kókkini Porta Rossa is another six room, medieval charmer, this time with livelier decor and a variety of differently sized rooms and suites, with antiques and beautiful rugs. The best rooms and suites have terrace doors that open out onto the hotel’s courtyard, where they offer a traditional Greek mezé menu.
- The Lindian Village is a luxurious, five star resort on a private stretch of beach in Lardos, which is around the southern peninsula from Lindos. There are 146 rooms, suites and villas, with family rooms that comfortably fit a family of five. There’s also a spa and hammam, a sauna and a choice of pools. The decor is stylish and contemporary.
- The Melenos Apartments, in Lindos, are a simple, but lovely collection of nine suites and studio apartments. Fairly basic, but with plenty of whitewashed charm, this is a comfortable place to stay for families and groups, with private kitchens, plus a lovely courtyard and a great restaurant. This is a very affordable spot too.
- For a family hotel in Rhodes Town try the In Camera Art Boutique Hotel with its six boutique-style rooms and suites, four of which can sleep up to five. Expect creamy furnishings, attractive photography and lots of character. And the beautiful terrace has a fantastic view.
In Rhodes Town
- The St Nikolis Hotel is a delightful, family-run hotel in a charming 14th century building. Its 20, individually decorated, rooms and suites are awash with antiques and treasures, and emblems of the rich history of Rhodes, and the best have incredible views over the ramparts and moats of the fortress. The restaurant has a traditional Greek stone oven, for a seriously authentic taste.
- The Allegory Boutique Hotel is a five room boutique hotel in a heritage building in the medieval part of town. The suites are stylish and surprisingly modern, and the best of them have a private terrace and jacuzzi.
For great value
- As well as being reasonably priced, Domus Rodos in Rhodes Town’s Old Town, is a great place to stay for history buffs. This no frills townhouse pension was formerly a stronghold for the Knights of St John of Jerusalem. Only a 10 minute walk to the ferry harbour, it's also one of the best places to stay in Rhodes for island-hoppers.
- Converted from an 800 year old building in Rhodes Town’s medieval centre, the Saint Michel Hotel is a traditional hotel with just 11 rooms. Simple and homely, the rooms are comfortable, but what you’ll really appreciate is the roof terrace which has views over the city and the bay.
- The Zacosta Villa Hotel is a slightly old fashioned, and very charming, three room hotel in the Old Town: think four-poster beds, nice antiques and a lovely courtyard. You're close to the museums and the Knight's castle, and though there's no restaurant on site, you're surrounded by them, and the breakfasts here are excellent.
Rhodes’s Best B&Bs and Guesthouses
- The Apollo Guesthouse is a wonderful, traditional, six room guesthouse in the medieval heart of Rhodes Town. The rooms are small, but charming, with raised beds built above cupboards, and the best have draped four-poster beds and views of the citadel and the old port. The leafy courtyard is like your own private refuge from overpriced restaurants and cruise ship crowds.
- The Koukos Traditional Guesthouse is a traditional Greek guesthouse close to Mandraki port. The decor is brimming with Greek-rustic style, and the location is great for both sightseeing in Rhodes Town and the beaches.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- You can arrive on Rhodes by ferry from Symi, Tilos and from Bodrum, Fethiye, Datca and Marmaris in Turkey. If you’re flying onto the island you’ll come in to Rhodes International Airport. It’s on the northwest coast, about 13 kms, or 20 minutes drive from Rhodes Town. There are buses from the airport to a number of towns, and it takes about 40 minutes to reach Rhodes Town by bus.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Rhodes is in the Aegean, and it has a Mediterranean climate, with hot dry summers and mild, wetter winters. The main tourist season begins April and runs though until the end of November, after which some of the hotels and restaurants close for the winter, but not all of them! And Rhodes is a beautiful destination year round. Even in January, the coldest month, the temperature range is between 10°C and 15 °C.
Still not sure where to stay on Rhodes?
- You could expand your search to include our Guru's list of the best places to stay in the Dodecanese
- or even consider our suggestions for other islands: the best places to stay on Kos maybe, or the best places to stay on Patmos.
- Alternatively you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Rhodes
Best Hotels in Rhodes
Domus Rodos Rhodes Town 19 rooms from £29Sights nearby - In the heart of Rhodes Old Town the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe.Great walks - Walk along the city walls for excellent views of this ancient city.Diving - Good diving nearby.Traditional
Apollo Guest House Rhodes Town 6 rooms from £43Value chic - A lovely traditional property with quirky features and charming courtyard breakfasts all for a very reasonable rate.Sights nearby - Having admired them from a distance at the property visit the Citadel and the Palace of the Grand Master up close.Views - Situated near the summit of the citadel, views over the port & fascinating medieval town.Great walks - Just above the airport is the 'Valley of Butterflies' which makes for stunning walks.Recommended by - Frommers
Saint Michel Hotel Rhodes 11 rooms from £57Local exploring - Ideally located for getting around the Old Town of Rhodes, two minutes from the centre and five from the harbour.Sights nearby - Visit the historic centre of Rhodes Town with the Street of Knights, Clock Tower and Grand Master's Palace.Sailing - A great stopping point for a sailing trip around the Greek islands.Great walks - Visit the stunning Kalithea Springs, less than five miles away.
Fashion Hotel Nikos Takis Rhodes Town 8 rooms from £65City Style - The boudoir type suites have the feel of a pasha's harem, with deep colours, rich fabrics, beamed celilings and hot tubs.Sights nearby - Walking distance from both the Collachium and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes.Great walks - Head out and explore this incredible ancient city on foot.Romantic - Good for couples.
Melenos Apartments Rhodes 9 rooms from £69Value chicSights nearby - The Acropolis and the wonderful Temple of Athena.Views - Good views from the top balcony.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller
A lovely collection of studio suites and apartments in Lindos. Traditional exterior with leafy courtyard, simple rooms with white washed walls, and kitchens for personal use. Melenos restaurant is fantastic. A great choice for couples looking for privacy, families, or those on a budget. See More
Koukos Guesthouse Rhodes from £74Sights nearby - Mandraki port, Clock Tower and Archeological museum are a great insight to the history of Rhodes.Restrictions on children - No children can be accomodated at this hotel.Lively - Hip and happening.Quirky - An experience!
A good value guesthouse combining Greek-rustic style, with quirky traditional decor and excellent home-cooked food. The property is crammed with antiques, and coco-mat bedding ensures comfort. Stay here for a fun holiday within easy walking distance of sandy beaches and Rhodes’ old town. See More
Marco Polo Mansion Rhodes Town 7 rooms from £78Value chic - An atmospheric mansion, with indivdually decorated Eastern style rooms filled with antiques and Orientel rugs.Great walks - For stunning views of the Old Town walk along the medieval walls.Sights nearby - Visit the Knight's Castles the best being Kastéllo Kritinías.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Old Town Senses Boutique Hotel Rhodes 8 rooms from £78Local exploring - This charming modern hotel offers 8 suites ideally placed for exploring the remarkable UNESCO heritage site of Old Town RhodesGreat walks - For something a bit different take a walk in the Old Town’s moat, admire the perimeter walls, fortifications and bastionsSights nearby - Just down the road you will find the Clock Tower and the Grand Master’s PalaceRomantic - Good for couples.
A brilliant little hotel, right in the heart of Old Town Rhodes. Modern minimalist decor throughout, white on white with soft neutral tones and a heavy use of wood, glass, metal and stone. The suites offer every comfort and the staff are helpful and friendly. Quiet but close to all the action. See More
F Charm Hotel Rhodes 8 rooms from £78Romantic Break - An elegant and charming spot for a Greek getaway, with origianl mosiac floors and a courtyard, just five minutes from the beachGroups - Groups should take the 5 person cottage; up date design and a fully equipped kitchen make this a great choiceSights nearby - Take a wander to the ancient Acropolis, a fascinating historical sight that is well worth checking outGreat walks - Explore the whitewashed streets of Lindos on foot, or wander down to St. Paul's BayRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A relaxed and elegant boutique in the picturesque town of Lindos, Rhodes. The simple chic rooms offer white on white decor, comfortable beds, original artworks, and splashes of local craft design. The on-site breakfast is flavoursome and delicious and you are a short walk from Lindos' best eateries. See More
Rodos Park Suites Rhodes Town 75 rooms from £85Exclusive offer - Early booking discountRomantic Break - A trendy contemporary couples retreat in the new city with suites offering views of the sea, private hot tubs and fine dining.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the glorious spa with pampering treatments including hot stone massages and after-sun body wraps.Private Hot Tub - The Presidential Suite boast its own elevator to take you to your roof terrace with hot tubGreat walks - Walk the stunning streets of the Medieval City pronounced a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Chic contemporary hotel surrounded by greenery, yet near the city centre. Large, light rooms with calming muted tones and great views. Enjoy the Mediterranean restaurant, trendy rooftop bar and spoiling spa. A relaxing hideaway yet within close proximity to the city's sights. See More
Lindos Comfy Suites Rhodes 13 rooms from £85Romantic Break - With discreet private suites, a chic rooftop terrace and stylish interior design, book this hotel for a romantic couples' breakLocal exploring - Set in the heart of Rhodes, facing the island's most famous landmark, this hotel makes a great base for local exploringFamilies - This hotel offers a larger maisonette for parents travelling with a child, making this a good option for familiesSights nearby - Hike to the acropolis of Lindos via the 1000-foot climb on the trail from the village, and enjoy panoramic views from the top
This newly-renovated hotel sits opposite the Acropolis of Lindos in the heart of Rhodes. Interiors are airy, bright and minimalist, with a breezy palette of grey and white broken up by wooden beams and pretty wall sketches. Head to the hotel's roof terrace for romantic sunset views. See More
Zacosta Villa Hotel Rhodes Town 3 rooms from £87Value chicTraditionalSights nearby - Located in the centre of mediaeval Rhodes Old Town, close to the Knights Castle and museumsSurfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Rodos Niohori Elite Suites Rhodes 3 rooms from £102Families - The perfect spot for a family break, with four person suites, interconnected rooms, baby safety gates and babysitting servicesLocal exploring - Ideally placed for exploring this historic town, and close to the ferry port for island hoppingSights nearby - Within easy reach of the main sights- the medieval city, the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights, and the Suleiman MosqueGreat walks - You are just a five minute stroll from the beach, perfect for a pre-dinner rambleRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A wonderfully restored 19th century listed Rhodes mansion, on a quiet pedestrian street in the centre of the town. The multi-room suites offer designer Italian furnishings, high beam ceilings, private terraces and large bathrooms. An excellent breakfast is served in the charming central courtyard. See More
In Camera Art Boutique Hotel Rhodes 6 rooms from £121Families - 4 rooms sleep up to 5 people.Romantic BreakGroupsFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Spirit of the Knights Rhodes Town 6 rooms from £126Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the mediaeval old town of Rhodes Town - a World Heritage SiteGreat walks - Walking tours available.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Ellique Rhodes Town 4 rooms from £152Hideaway - With a quiet walled garden where you can relax at the end of the day, this is a great hideaway hotel optionRomantic Break - The heritage building that houses the hotel is a romantic setting for a couple's getawayLocal exploring - Located in the heart of Rhodes old town, this is a great base for local exploringSailing - Take a boat ride along the east coast to a hidden cove and discover the natural beauty of the coast of Rhodes
This boutique hotel sits in a renovated 14th-century building in Rhodes old town. The four individually styled rooms are spacious and boast antique furnishings; the hotel's heritage shines through with stone walls left bare and wooden beams. A pretty walled garden completes this charming guesthouse. See More
Rodos Palladium RHODES, Rhodes from £156Beach Life - Blue flag beach of Kallithea.Spa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Most of the rooms have sea views.
A contemporary Five Star hotel on the beach with a fantastic spa. Rooms and suites, all with private sea-facing balconies, have pastel furnishings and a beachy ambience. Tropical gardens, lagoon-style swimming pool, multiple restaurants. You really needn't leave your hotel! See More
Caesars Gardens Hotel & Spa Rhodes 23 rooms from £156Total relaxation - The luxurious spa offers open air treatments that are guaranteed to please, plus the farm to fork restaurant never misses a beatHoneymoons - A chic and romantic hotel in a spectacular setting- add to this an open air spa, private pools, exceptional food, and no kids!Sights nearby - You are just a ten minute walk from the charming town of Lindos, well worth exploring if you get the chanceHotel Entertainment - Lounging by the pool, soaking in the hot tub or being pampered in the spa all sound pretty good!Recommended by - Tablet
A spectacular boutique in the craggy hills of Rhodes. Chic interiors are a mix of traditional crafts, elegant local furnishings, driftwood features and luxury touches. With a central pool area and hot tub, rejuvenating open-air spa, wonderful botanical gardens and two farm to fork restaurants. See More
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa Rhodes 44 rooms from £186Beach Life - Kiotari is a blue flag beach.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa breaksRomantic Break
A really swanky Five Star hotel & spa resort on the beach front. Contemporary rooms and suites offer all the mod cons, private balconies, some even have private pools. Top of the range spa, Mediterranean restaurant, beach front terraces, and private beach. Looking to be pampered? This is the place! See More
Allegory Boutique Hotel Rhodes Town 5 rooms from £164City Style - Nestled within the walls of the medieval city, this heritage hotel is chic and stylishLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the old town, this is a great base for local exploringRomantic Break - Book a room with a private hot tub for extra luxury on your romantic getawaySailing - Rent a boat for a day exploring the beautiful coastline close to Rhodes; enquire with the hotel for recommended hire companies
A charming boutique hotel in the heart of Rhodes Old Town. Set within a heritage building, the modern suites offer comfortable beds with rich linens; the best boast a private terrace and hot tub. Enjoy breakfast in your room or order a breakfast box to go if you're headed out early. A historic stay. See More
Melenos Lindos Lindos, Rhodes 12 rooms from £178Romantic Break - An enchanting and intimate escape, the lovely rooftop restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner under the stars.Hideaway - A charming hilltop property away from the hussle and bussle with views sweeping over the city.Great walks - Hike up to the 10th-century Acropolis above the hotel, you'll be rewarded with fantastic views.Sailing - Spend a day exploring the island from the sea, the ideal romantic day trip.Recommended by - I Escape, Small Luxury Hotels
A classy and luxurious boutique refuge with spectacular views over the Aegean. Large rooms decorated in a Moorish style with enormous raised beds and lovely sea views. A romantic rooftop restaurant is one of the best on the island. Just minutes from the beach. A lovely romantic escape. See More
St Nikolis Hotel Rodos, Rhodes 20 rooms from £187Local exploring - An ideal base for soaking up the history and culture of Rhodes, situated on a quiet cobbled street in the medieval Old Town.Romantic Break - Transport yourselves to another time, with traditional suites and rooms overlooking the arches, ramparts and moats.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient Acropolis of Ialyssos, five miles from the hotel. A world Heritage site.Local markets - Check out the local markets of Rhodes where you can pick up some amazing deals.
A delightful family-run hotel in a charming 14th century building. Individually decorated rooms are awash with heritage and emblems of the rich history of Rhodes. In the evening, enjoy delicious Greek dishes from the traditional stone oven. Conveniently located in the heart of the cobbled old town. See More
Lindian Village Lardos, Rhodes 146 rooms from £191Families - Family rooms are designed for adults travelling with children and can accommodate up to three childrenSpa breaks - With excellent facilities including a hammam, sauna and pool, this resort is perfect for a spa breakBeach Life - With its own secluded private beach, this hotel is a great option for an exclusive seaside getawayDiving - Sign up with PADI and discover scuba diving on your holiday; enquire with the resort for more details
This five-star luxury resort is nestled on the seafront in Rhodes. Guests can choose between rooms and suites in a bohemian or Ottoman style; Ottoman suites are located along a tree-lined boulevard and come with a private pool or hot tub. Be sure to book in to the spa at this indulgent Greek hotel. See More
Lindos Blu Rhode, Rhodes 70 rooms from £191Beach Life - Direct access to it's own private beach.Romantic - Good for couples.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.WellbeingRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A superbly chic and luxurious hotel on a cliff top with stunning views over turquoise waters and a short walk from Lindos. Designer rooms and suites with all the mod cons and private balconies. Two fantastic restaurants, top of the range spa, and a private beach below. Romantic beach life in luxury. See More
Kókkini Porta Rossa Rhodes Town 6 rooms from £213Romantic Break - The hotel's elegant heritage building and luxurious soft furnishings make it an ideal romantic getawayCity Style - Located in the beautiful old town of Rhodes, this is a great base for exploring the city's sightsHideaway - With a quiet internal courtyard and cosy suites, this is a perfect hideaway hotelDiving - Arrange a diving trip through the hotel and exploring the depths of the Aegean on your holidayRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This boutique hotel occupies a heritage building in Rhodes' old town. The individually styled suites have a rustic feel, with exposed stone walls and hand-selected antique furnishings; the best have terrace doors that open onto the hotel courtyard. Enjoy al fresco mezé dining at this historic hotel. See More
Trinity Boutique Hotel Rhodes Town 6 rooms from £399Local exploring - Located in the historic centre of Rhodes, this hotel makes a great base for local exploringCity Style - Housed in a beautiful heritage building in the old town, this hotel has reams of styleRomantic Break - The romantic suites and pretty internal courtyard make this a great choice for couplesDiving - Explore the Aegean's rich marine life with a scuba dive; enquire at the hotel for recommendations on diving schools
A historic boutique hotel in the heart of Rhodes Old Town. Rooms have simple interior design, allowing the building's original features to shine through. There are exposed stone walls throughout and the best suites have a freestanding tub. Enjoy breakfast in the pretty courtyard; an elegant hotel. See More