Search the best hotels in Roatan
Roatan is an idyllic Caribbean island and one of the three primary Bay Islands lying off the northern coast of Honduras. Renowned for the diverse and colourful coral reef that surrounds it, this spot has long been drawing diving enthusiasts. The island itself is equally picturesque. Fringed with white sand beaches and comprising of a mountainous interior. The hotels on this particular island are more high-end than its sister island, Utila, which attracts more of a backpacker crowd. Naturally, the best places to stay in Roatan tend to have easy beach access and gorgeous ocean views.
Although the island is a popular destination with families and couples it is not as busy as other Caribbean islands so there is a more authentic feel. Beyond the diving opportunities in the marine park, there are plenty of other activities on offer: from snorkelling, kayaking and swimming with dolphins to fishing and hiking. Within the canopies of the jungle you'll find zip lining and canopy tour adventures offered for some adrenaline fuelled fun. Although just relaxing on one of the beaches is also very alluring.
The hotels here can get booked up early, especially during the peak season, so in order to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Roatan, we recommend planning your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Roatan
For a beach Resort
- Las Verandas Hotel & Villas is a small resort with luxury accommodation (from rooms and suites to large villas) and spectacular sea views. Rooms boast large terraces, white on white style and contemporary bathrooms. A fine dining restaurant serves up Caribbean/Americas fusion fare. This is a chic resort with activities galore on tap and plenty more that can be arranged for you.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with a larger group of family or friends, or simply want something a little more flexible and independent, then perhaps the answer is a villa or apartment. We recommend the selection with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Fly directly to the Juan Manuel Galvez International Airport (RTB) which is served by international and domestic flights. Ferries also run from the coastal city of La Ceiba twice daily (Galaxy Wave Ferry) and the Bay Island of Utila.
- The weather in Roatan is temperate year round with temperatures ranging from 22-27 degrees celsius. There is a rainy season that lasts from October through to December however if you choose to travel at this time you will find the rain spells do not last that long. Roatan also has the advantage of being placed in the Western Caribbean which means it is seldom affected by hurricanes.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include Utila or La Ceiba.
- Browse through all our recommendations in Honduras.
- Widen your net to view our best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Alternatively, call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Roatan
Best Hotels in Roatan
Las Verandas Hotel & Villas Pristine Bay, Roatan 42 rooms from £160Total relaxation - With everything you need on site from beach to golf course and the small size makes this a tranquil resort ideal for unwinding.Beach Life - Situated on its own crescent shaped stretch of white sand beach, this is a luxury beach escapeRestaurant - Las Pergolas offers fine dining with a Caribbean/Americas fusion style cuisineDiving - Explore the colourful underworld of Roatan with experienced guides.Recommended by - Tablet
A small resort with luxury accommodation and spectacular sea views. Rooms boast large terraces, white on white style and contemporary bathrooms. A fine dining restaurant serves up Caribbean fare. Sat adjacent to a golf course and directly on a white sand beach find plenty to entertain. Very chic. See More
Ibagari Roatan 8 rooms from £293Foodies - Luna Muna is a very popular spot with locals; with a buzzy environment and standout European fare this is the heart of the hotelBeach Life - Set right on a stretch of white sand beach, this is a place to come and unwindBoutique - Expect laidback charm and plenty of style at this chic contemporary boutiqueDiving - There's a dive centre on-site for personalised scuba adventuresRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A laidback yet stylish boutique hotel set right on a stretch of white sand beach. The whole property has an open-air feel and is adorned with plenty of modern art. Rooms are spacious and minimalist in style. There's a restaurant that's popular with locals and a gorgeous infinity pool. A chic stay. See More