Search the best hotels in Flores
Colonised by the Portuguese in the 16th century, Flores is an otherwordly place. A land of hotsprings and fumeroles, hidden beaches and volcanos, lakes with waters blue, red and green, Manggarai tribespeople living in villages unchanged for millennia, rice paddy fields lain out like the webs of a spider, and the infamous komodo dragons that drip with burning, toxic saliva. Whether you're trekking through the lush forests of Wae Rebo, watching a traditional Caci dance or watching the sunrise glow against the bright red waters of Kelimutu, you will feel bewitched by this strange and beautiful world. The best places to stay in Flores combine Indonesian tribal traditions with all the pampering comforts of the 21st century.
What not to miss
- Visit Komodo Island.
- Sunbathe on the beautiful pristine beaches of Padar Island.
- Admire the spiderweb-shaped rice paddy fields of Cancar.
- Watch the sunrise over the Lakes of Kelimutu.
- Go scubadiving beside Kanawa Island.
- Enjoy trekking through the lush vegetation of Wae Rebo.
- Check out a traditional Manggarai village - you can even eat with locals, and stay the night.
Eerie, otherwordly and spellbindingly beautiful, Flores is a place like no other. The perfect place to go for backpackers or luxury seekers, be sure to check out our list of the best places to stay in Flores to find out more.
The best places to stay in Flores
- Plataran Komodo is a secluded resort on a pristine and picturesque stretch of beach on the island of Flores There are just 12 horseshoe-shaped Javanese-style villas, all opening right onto the beautiful sandy beach, and turquoise sea beyond. There are private pools and a spa too - and gorgeous outdoor bathrooms. A luxurious island paradise.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a range of self catering options in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the weather is notably drier (and hotter), averaging at around 27 degrees, with highs of up to 33 degrees.
- Fly to Maumere Airport. To travel around the island, there is the Trans-Flores Hwy that runs 670km of the island.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Indonesia
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Flores
Plataran Komodo 12 rooms from £203East Nusa Tenggara, Flores
Find barefoot luxury at its best in this secluded resort set on a picturesque stretch of beach. Horse-shoe shaped villas open up directly onto the sand. Private pools, a spa and gorgeous outdoor bathrooms bring some serious luxury. The perfect exotic hideaway.Beach Life - Located on a pristine stretch of quiet beach this is a real tropical paradise.Sailing - Take a cruise on the hotel's boat stopping for snorkelling and diving opportunities on the way.Fishing - Fish with the locals on a traditional boat.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Tablet