Search the best hotels in Jakarta
Set on the island of Java, Indonesia's bustling capital thrums with life. Home to more than 30 million people, Jakarta is a fascinating city of contrasts, with historic landmarks, artsy enclaves and terrific street food eateries dotted amongst the towering skyscrapers of this ever-growing metropolis. This rich, complex identity is reflected in Jakarta’s hotels, which range from chic boutique boltholes to impressive luxury gems. Whether you’re travelling on business or holidaying as a couple, the best places to stay in Jakarta are set to dazzle.
Nicknamed ‘The Big Durian’ by Indonesians — a reference to the region’s famed native fruit — Jakarta has roots stretching all the way back to the 4th Century. Later the capital of the colonial-era Dutch East Indies, it’s now a major player in world politics, and classed as an ‘alpha city’. Delve into the history of the region at Merdeka Square and the National Museum of Indonesia, admiring the National Monument and the landscaped gardens. History buffs will be fascinated by the Old Town’s impressive heritage buildings and charming shopfronts, too. Other landmarks include the superb Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta Cathedral and Museum Bank Indonesia.
Little ones will love peering at the animals at Jakarta Aquarium & Safari or zipping along the rides at Ancol Dreamland. Keen shoppers, on the other hand, can pick up beautiful pieces at Central Park, Grand Indonesia Mall and a number of buzzing markets — including Tanah Abang Market. Architecture aficionados shouldn’t miss the Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. Retreat to your pick of the best places to stay in Jakarta for soothing spa treatments and world-class dining.
The Best Places to Stay in Jakarta
For Timeless Charm
- The Gunawarman is an elegant colonial-era property with superb rooms and suites, a craft cocktail bar and a swish European restaurant. Romantic couples will adore the wood-panelled rooms with big bathtubs and verdant views. A chic boutique bolthole with a timeless feel.
- The Hermitage is another historic property, this time in the exclusive Menteng district. Antique pieces are set in rooms with high ceilings, cream-coloured upholstery and polished wooden floors. Unwind in the swimming pool, dine at the terrific restaurant, or host a memorable party in the classic events spaces. One for fans of heritage splendour.
For City Style
- Mandarin Oriental Jakarta is well-located for business travellers or holidaymakers. Unwind at the spa whilst the little ones enjoy treasure hunts at the kids club before gathering for delicious dinners at the hotel's six dining options. With classic interiors featuring Indonesian textiles and all the mod-cons, and a plethora of meeting spaces this is a top city hotel.
- The Ritz-Carlton Mega Kuningan Jakarta has spacious contemporary suites with panoramic city views and black marble bathrooms. The excellent Ritz Kids Club will delight families. The real gems, however, are the four spa villas with private plunge pools. The only ones of their kind in the city, these generous hideaways are perfect for keen spa-goers dreaming of a contemporary Jakarta oasis.
- Raffles Jakarta lives up to the group's classic reputation for timeless luxury. Well-appointed rooms and suites fuse design elements of both East and West, and guests can delight in the spa, fitness centre, swimming pool and multiple swish eateries. The 3,000sqm of meeting spaces make this an exceptional events destination.
- The Langham Jakarta is a glamorous city hotel with sophisticated white-on-white interiors. Fabulous suites have crisp white linens, skycraper views and white marble bathrooms with generous free-standing tubs. Highlights include two swimming pools, a serene spa and three dining options. Absolute luxury for well-heeled travellers.
- Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta promises a five-star stay in lavish rooms and suites with elegant chandeliers, beds backed with imposing headboards and gold accents. The opulence continues in the sumptuous spa, the two terrific restaurants, the chic bars and the playful patisserie. Art aficionados can admire the extensive collection of work by Indonesian artists. Exceptional.
For Great Value
- Ashley Tanah Abang is a smart hotel set around an inviting swimming pool. Affordable, compact rooms are stylish and modern, with a restful grey, blue and white colour palette. Business travellers will appreciate the meeting and conference spaces, whilst all guests can enjoy the gym, bar and casual Adele Restaurant's local and international dishes.
- Lamandau House has just 12 chic rooms, studios and apartments. Interiors boast cosy sitting areas, sofa beds for additional guests and large windows, with sage green and pale blue accents. Pick this south-west Jakarta spot for its friendly feel and great value.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY Villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, 20 kilometres northwest of the city. Travel to your hotel by bus, taxi, or pre-arranged airport pick-up.
- You may want to drive if you're exploring beyond the city itself. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Temperatures hover around 25-32°C throughout the year. Visit during the dry season, which runs from June to September, for the best weather. More frequent rain is expected between March - April and November - December.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Java.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Indonesia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Jakarta
Best Hotels in Jakarta
Ashley Tanah Abang Jakarta (Java) 118 rooms from £37Local markets - Join Jakarta's shoppers at the nearby Tanah Abang market, where you can fill your bags with everything from clothing to craftsBusiness meetings - Smart function rooms and meeting spaces - as well as a central location - make this a great business trip choiceCity Style - A stylish city hotel with modern amenities and chic interiors, perfect for a short break in JakartaRestaurant - Adele Restaurant offers local specialities and international dishes in a lively, casual dining environment
A smart yet affordable city hotel with contemporary rooms, a large swimming pool, gym and casual dining restaurant. Highlights include the meeting spaces for conferences and parties, as well as the proximity to the fabulous Tanah Abang Market. For couples, friends, families and business travellers. See More
Lamandau House Jakarta (Java) 12 rooms from £38Local markets - Immerse yourself in the bustle of Pasar Mayestik and Pasar Burung Taman Puring markets in the early morningsCity Style - Individually designed rooms combine post-colonial architecture with mid-century furnishings and styleValue chic - A chic, contemporary boutique hotel offering a stylish city stay at very affordable ratesFamilies - Larger suites and apartments are great for families or groups of friends
A chic little hotel with 12 contemporary rooms, studios and apartments. Sofa beds create additional space for families or groups of friends, who will also appreciate private sitting areas with TVs. Simple, friendly and affordable, this is a great base in south-west Jakarta. See More
Mandarin Oriental Jakarta Jakarta (Java) 272 rooms from £103Business meetings - Proud to be Java's most centrally located business meeting venue, with private rooms of various sizes for conferences & diningCooking classes - Take a fabulous mixology class with the hotel's expert bartenders, learning to craft classic cocktails at homeFamilies - Family friendly accomodation and complimentary treasure hunt that will entrall all ages5* Luxury - As with all Mandarin Oriental properties you can expect top notch luxury and service as standard
A swish city hotel in a fantastically central location, perfect for business meetings or opulent weddings. Rooms and suites offer appealing seating areas, smart bathrooms and city views. Unwind at the spa or in the swimming pool before sampling the hotel's six dining options. Fabulous. See More
The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan Jakarta (Java) 318 rooms from £119Spa breaks - With 19 luxurious treatment rooms and four dedicated spa villas - the only ones in Jakarta - the Ritz Spa is exceptionalFamilies - With its spacious accommodations and superb kids club, this makes an excellent family pickCity Style - A landmark hotel oozing old-world glamour, perfect for a sophisticated stay in the cityPrivate villas - The hotel's four indulgent spa villas have private outdoor soaking tubs
Known for its classic glamour, the Ritz-Carlton Mega Kuningan boasts a sumptuous spa, chic restaurants and spacious suites with black marble bathrooms. The four spa villas are the only ones of their kind in the city. Private dining spaces and enormous meeting rooms abound. A charming luxury choice. See More
The Gunawarman Jakarta 35 rooms from £119Romantic Break - An elegant colonial property with a craft cocktail bar, fine dining restaurant & romantic wood-panelled rooms for couplesGolf - Play a round at one of eight nearby golf courses, including the Royale Jakarta Golf Club and Imperial Klub GolfShort break - A swish choice for a city break, with stacks of old-school character in a fascinating cityMuseums - The National Museum of Indonesia hosts a range of excellent exhibitionsRecommended by - Tablet
An imposing colonial building in the central business district. Lovingly restored throughout, the property has polished parquet floors, wooden clad walls and antique furniture. Dine on exemplary European cuisine and sip cocktails in the atmospheric bar. A chic & romantic boutique city break choice. See More
The Hermitage, Jakarta Jakarta (Menteng) 90 rooms from £136Local markets - Scour the Jalan Surabaya art & antiques market, just five minutes' drive away, for unique piecesRomantic Break - A wonderfully romantic heritage hotel with elegant suites, a beautiful restaurant and swish barsWeddings - A beautiful wedding venue with superb fine dining, marvellous views and multiple event spacesMuseums - Admire fascinating exhibits at the National Museum
An historic property in the exclusive Menteng district. Colonial in style throughout - think high ceilings, antique furniture and gently whirring fans. The restaurant is one of Jakarta's most popular spots, and the pool and spa are a welcome respite after a day exploring the city. See More
Raffles Jakarta Jakarta (Java) 173 rooms from £184City Style - A sophisticated city hotel with smart suites, fabulous restaurants and top-notch facilitiesBusiness meetings - Over 3,600 sqm of meeting spaces and conference rooms make this a fantastic business hotelSpa - Enjoy rejuvenating massages and traditional Indonesian wellness treatments at the superb Raffles SpaRestaurant - Dine at the Arts Cafe or poolside at Navina
A sophisticated city hotel for business travellers & well-heeled holidaymakers of all ages. Expect chic rooms & suites, excellent dining options, a large swimming pool, a tennis court and a soothing spa with fitness centre. Over 3,000sqm of meeting spaces for events. Brilliant for families, too. See More
The Langham Jakarta Jakarta (Java) 223 rooms from £199City Style - A glamorous city hotel with top-notch facilities - including two pools - and multiple meeting spaces & eateriesRomantic Break - Swish suites with marble bathrooms and big beds invite couples to unwind after delicious drinks & dinnersDesigner Shopping - Shop at ASHTA or the Pacific Place Mall in the CBD, where you'll find designer boutiques aplentyRestaurant - Savour Cantonese cuisine at T'ang Court, British dishes at Tom's and French fare at Alice's
A glamorous city hotel with fabulous rooms and suites overlooking the skyscrapers of the CBD. Impressive marble bathrooms have big free-standing tubs, there are two swimming pools, a serene spa and three fantastic dining options. One for romantic couples or stylish business travellers. See More
Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta Jakarta (Java) 125 rooms from £2025* Luxury - As with all Four Seasons properties you can expect top notch luxury throughout and the highest levels of serviceCity Style - A sophisticated landmark with fabulous events spaces near the SCBD, perfect for business or leisure in JakartaRomantic Break - Romantic suites, a superb spa and delectable dining options make this a top pick for a couples' holidayArtworks - The hotel's art collection is impressive, and includes work by top Indonesian artists
A five star city hotel for well-heeled holidaymakers or business travellers with extensive meeting spaces, a soothing spa, swimming pool, multiple bars and eateries, and an impressive art collection. Opulent rooms and suites provide havens for even the fussiest guest. Unbridled luxury at its best! See More