- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in County Monaghan
About County Monaghan
What Not To Miss
- If you fancy learning more about the area's past then head along to the Monaghan County Museum.
- Take the whole family on a walk around Lough Muckno Leisure Park which, as well as a number of lakes, also has well-equipped playground including a zipline!
- St Peter's Church, a surprising example of Swiss Gothic architecture, is nestled in a tranquil setting and boasts plenty of history. A lovely spot to check out.
The Best Places To Stay In County Monaghan
For A Country Escape
- The lovely Castle Leslie boasts country style rooms with plenty of antiques and period features. This luxurious spot also features a 2 AA Rosette award restaurant, an atmospheric bar and a spoiling spa - the ultimate country getaway.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- County Monaghan's nicest weather-wise in the summer months, with the average daily temperature ranging from 14-20°C in July and August.
- Visitors from abroad can fly into Dublin Airport, served by a number of international destinations, before taking the train or bus on to County Monaghan.
- Bus Éireann also provide bus links from Galway, Belfast, Dublin (including the airport) and Dundalk.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in County Monaghan.
- Widen the net to look through our recommendations in Dublin or across the border in Belfast.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice
Best Hotels in County Monaghan
Castle Leslie 46 rooms from $92Glaslough, County Monaghan
Family owned Castle Leslie has been converted into an unstuffy luxury country hotel. Rooms are crammed with antiques and period features and there is something for everyone from horse riding to relaxing in the spa. 2 AA Rosette standard fine dining or Conor's Bar for a more relaxed feel.Riding - Equestrian centre on site offering something for everyone from beginners to experts. Riding packages are availableCastle - Set in 1000 acre estateSpa - Wide range of traditional organic therapies on offerKayaking - Learn to kayak on Glaslough LakeRecommended by - I Escape
Hilton Park 6 rooms from $216County Monaghan
A stately home set in rolling grounds offers a peaceful rural escape. Enormous rooms are beautifully designed with four poster beds, elegant antiques and heavy curtains draped over floor to ceiling windows. With fabulous food and numerous activities to occupy oneself this property has it all.Country Escape - An impressive stately home set in beautiful grounds. A taste of the good life.Great walks - Take long walks along the trails that run through Cavan Burren Park.Kayaking - Explore the area's waterways with Cavan Canoeing.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide