- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ischia
Ischia is the largest and arguably most beautiful island in the Bay of Naples, dotted with picturesque spa towns surrounded by lush greenery. Ischia’s beaches are beautiful too - to many minds they’re much nicer than those on neighbouring Capri. And the island is well known for its food. If you’re here to relax then some of the best places to stay on Ischia are on the quieter south coast, but if you’re looking for a lively evening scene as well, then the best places to stay on Ischia are Ischia Ponte and Lacco Ameno.
Ischia’s spa towns have sprouted up around volcanic springs, which are mainly around the coast - to the extent that some of the beaches even have bubbly waters - but there are a few in the rather rugged, densely growing, mountainous interior. Ischia’s climate is fairly mild and you’ll find some very tropical looking plants, as well as the great chestnut forests of the interior. This isn’t really an island for strolling through open meadows, but if you like hiking then it’s a great destination.
Not To Miss
- Ischia also has a number of sights worth visiting - though this is not the kind of place you should rent a car, the roads are pretty gung-ho. One of the highlights is definitely the Castello Aragonese, a magnificent 15th Century castle perched on a rocky islet just off Ischia Ponte.
- Another is Giardini La Mortella, a beautiful Moorish garden based on those of Spain’s Alhambra Palace.
- Chiesi del Soccorso is one of the oldest churches in Italy and enjoys a beautiful setting, especially at sunset - be sure to bring along your camera!
- Culture vultures will enjoy spending a few hours at the Museo del Mare, the Museo Archeologico de Pithecusae and the Casa Museo.
- Hike up Monte Epomeo and marvel at the breathtaking views of the area. A must-do if you're in the area!
The best places to stay on Ischia are inevitably very busy during the peak summer months, so either get organised and book early, or plan to visit in the quieter periods when you'll get more beach to yourself!
For Romantic Retreats
- The Garden and Villas Resort is a glamorous, romantic resort with classic details in natural colours. Most of the 43 rooms have balconies overlooking the lovely and fragrant grounds, whilst some even have jacuzzis. There’s also a spa, gym, pool and a restaurant serving rustic cuisine.
- If you’re looking for somewhere extra special, consider the Mezzatorre Resort & Spa - a beautiful, 5* hotel with antique, nautical inspired decor and direct beach access. As well as a spa, gym, restaurant and pools, there’s also a tennis court and a games room. Chic and secluded.
- The 5* Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa features truly opulent accommodation in creams and golds, as well as boasting chandeliers and artwork on the walls. There are two pools, one indoor and one outdoor, plus a spoiling spa, library and a hot spring bath! Tuck into glorious Michelin-starred cuisine at the restaurant. A truly indulgent stay.
- If you're coming for the weather then it's best to visit Ischia in the summer, with the average daily temperature climbing to 25°C in August.
- This however is peak season, so if you fancy a quieter and cheaper time to visit then the weather's still lovely in September and even October.
- Whilst there's no airport on the island, visitors can instead fly into Naples Airport. From there, head to either the Beverello or Mergellina harbours to take a ferry to Ischia, both of which are around half an hour away. Easyjet fly to Naples from Stansted and Gatwick, British Airways from Gatwick and Ryanair from Stansted.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Ischia.
- Expand your search to include Procida or Capri.
- Or, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Ischia
Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa 58 rooms from £216Isola d'Ischia, Ischia
Glamorous 5* island hotel. Opulent rooms are furnished in creams and golds, with chandeliers, pastel furnishings and original artworks. Indoor and outdoor pools, spa, hot spring bath, gym, library and private beach. Michelin starred cuisine and elegant bar. Luxurious, Mediterranean-chic.Foodies - A Michelin starred restaurant, exciting and varied cookery classes in hotel kitchens, plenty of tasting experiences close bySpa breaks - Built on original thermal baths, the 1600 square metre spa is sensational; part Roman bath, part state of the artDiving - Formiche area which is one of the most beautiful places to diveSights nearby - Aragonese CastleRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
Garden and Villas Resort 43 rooms from £247Ishia, Ischia
A glamorous abode, ripe for romance. Rooms are decorated in colours inspired by nature and feature classic furniture, balconies and some jacuzzis. Marble bathrooms are a good size. There are fragrant gardens, a pool, gym, spa and restaurant serving rustic dishes and breads from the wood fire oven.Sights nearby - Mount Vesuvius and the ruined city of Pompeii make a facinating day trip.Sailing - Take a boat trip to the neighbouring island of Capri for the day.Private Hot Tub - Book a junior suite or suite for your own private hot tubGreat walks - Wander through the idyllic La Mortella botanical gardens.
Mezzatorre Resort & Spa 57 rooms from £263Ischia
Beautiful 5* island hotel. Pretty rooms feature canopied beds, antiques and nautical furnishings. Outdoor and indoor pools, spa, hot tub, gym, games room and tennis court, as well as beach access. Excellent Mediterranean cuisine in romantic restaurants. Chic, secluded and luxurious.Beach Life - Emphasis at this hotel is to stay put and relax; secluded bay location, plenty of activites nearby and stunning viewsSights nearby - Luchino Visconti Museum, San Montano Beach, and Villa La MortellaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors