Search the best hotels in Sirmione
Sirmione occupies one of the most picturesque spots on Lake Garda, at the tip of a peninsula looking out over the lake in almost every direction. Since Roman times it’s been the resort of choice for anyone who can afford it, so it's an old hand at hospitality! There’s a good range of accommodation to choose from and our pick of the best places to stay in Sirmione range from opulent, special-occasion-villas, through regularly beautiful villas and glamorous restaurants with rooms, to B&Bs and good value, family-friendly hotels.
Sirmione’s panoramic views are an obvious draw, and photos of its castle, built so that it’s surrounded by water at the entrance to Sirmione’s old town, and of its elegant promenade, and Roman ruins feature in many Lake Garda brochures. The town also has thermal baths, and is surrounded by orchards and olive groves, so it's popular with visitors, though not all stay over.
As well as being an excellent choice for foodies (there are loads of excellent restaurants to choose from here), our Gurus recommend Sirmione to any travellers hoping for a spa experience on Lake Garda — this isn’t a region with a huge number of spa hotels and Sirmione’s thermal baths are historically restorative. History buffs will love it too, especially the ruin of the private Roman edifice on the very tip of the peninsula (one of the most striking in Northern Italy), and the castle, a fine and rare example of a medieval port fort. Sirmione also has a collection of churches, and elegant villas, some which have been wonderfully converted into accommodation, which are ideal for honeymooners, or romantics.
Lots of travellers wanting to steer clear of Lake Garda’s busy spots plan to dip in and out of Sirmione in a day, but it might be more pleasant to just take your time...Book a room in one of the best places to stay in Sirmione, enjoy a spa treatment during the busiest part of the day and explore on foot when the crowds have dispersed.
The Best Places to Stay in Sirmione
For a Special Occasion
- The Villa Cortine Palace is grand and palatial, a 19th century villa reminiscent of ancient Rome, complete with pillars and statuary. Its location, on the tip of the peninsula, is idyllic, and its lush, gated grounds run down to the lake where there’s a private swimming jetty. There’s also a lovely pool closer to the main building and a restaurant serving gourmet Mediterranean style cuisine. The interiors are as Neo-classical-ly palatial as the exterior, with plenty of coloured marble, grand frescoes and gilt, though the rooms are less fussy, dating from the 30s. Stunning!
- The Relais La Speranzina is an elegant, water-view villa turned restaurant with rooms, boasting a beautifully big bar and Michelin starred restaurant, set against the water, and spilling out onto a beautiful terrace, and just three rooms. The rooms are just as elegant as the exterior, with lots of white furnishings, luxurious feeling details and fabulous views. There’s also a small spa and sauna onsite, and one of the rooms comes with an in-room water-view hot tub.
- The Villa Pioppi is an elegant, seven room villa set within two hectares of beautiful parkland right on the lake shore. Its grounds include a private beach, as well as a pool and extensive, sunny terraces. The rooms are large, and decorated with relative simplicity — our favourites have lake views and private balconies. There’s a restaurant, with charming outdoor space, and babysitting available.
For Great Value
- The AQVA Boutique Hotel is a cool and contemporary lakeside villa: an oasis of complete modernity amongst all the period villas. If you prefer sleek lines and minimal details, then this 18 room hotel, with its perfect lakeside spot, and peaceful garden, may be for you. And it’s great value.
- The Hotel Eden is another relatively contemporary choice, not quite so minimal, but its 30 rooms and suites are still simple and chic, with big windows and private balconies. The hotel has a large sun terrace too, and a restaurant offering relaxed outdoor dining with a view. Unfussily good value.
- The Il Mosaico B&B is situated back from the peninsula, close to the charms of Santa Maria di Lugana as well as Sirmione. This impacts the price significantly, though, but with very little lost in the way of charms other than lake views. Its six rooms and suites are stylish and contemporary, with a bold, monochrome colour scheme, photography on the walls, and chic, spacious bathrooms. Adults only.
- La Dimora del Garda is a stylishly renovated house, now with four guestrooms, each with their own private outdoor space with table and chairs. There’s an airy communal breakfast room too, and families are most welcome.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Sirmione is at the tip of a wonderful peninsula jutting into Lake Garda from its southern shore, and is positioned between several international airports: Verona-Villafranca and Brescia-Montichiari. Both of these airports are around an hour away by car, with Brescia-Montichiari about an hour by public transport and Verona-Villafranca more like an hour and twenty minutes. Sirmione is also about 100kms from Venice Marco Polo airport — or an hour and a half drive. Milan’s Linate and Malpensa are about an hour and 15 minutes by car.
- If you want to hire a car — which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Garda and want to explore further afield — we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Sirmione is hugely popular in the peak summer months, so if you want to join the crowds at this time of year you’d be advised to book your hotel/s and restaurants early. Sirmione is charming well into autumn and winter too, and spring is also very beautiful. May and June are a good compromise if you’re still hoping for warmth and sunshine, with temperatures reaching about 25°C (ideal for walking holidays) and September is similar.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda
- Consider including other local centres in your search like Gardone Riviera or Salò’, which are on the western shores, or Bardolino and Garda to the east.
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda, the best family hotels on Lake Garda or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Sirmione
Best Hotels in Sirmione
La Dimora del Garda Colombare di Sirmione 4 rooms from £78Value chic - This part of the world is not cheap, and here you have great value and plenty of styleLocal exploring - Whether by bike or on foot, Lake Garda and its attractions are moments awayGreat walks - Enjoy walks in the surrounding hillsSailing - Hire a boat and explore Lake Garda
This simple and sophisticated house has been recently renovated and offers four comfortable air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast room. Each of the bedrooms also have a small private outdoor terrace area with table and chairs. A great spot for families looking to explore Lake Garda. See More
Il Mosaico B&B Colombare di Sirmione 6 rooms from £80Value chic - Modern, luxurious accommodation at a steal of a priceRomantic Break - Adults only hotel makes it ideal for visiting couplesLocal exploring - Great central location for exploring on footRestrictions on children - Children are not permitted at this hotel
Slightly set back from the Lake Garda waterfront, Il Mosaico offers good value accommodation ideal for those looking to explore the area by car. Comfortable, air conditioned bedrooms are striking in moody palettes with all the mod cons. Includes free Wifi and plenty of private parking. See More
AQVA Boutique Hotel Sirmione 18 rooms from £104Local exploring - Just 600m from Scaligero Castle and within walking distance of Sirmione’s thermal bathsTotal relaxation - The hotel boasts its own stretch of private beachRestrictions on children - Must be arranged with the hotelViews - Wonderful views over the lake
The hotel offers relaxing rooms filled with calming natural palettes. Modernist design, private balconies and a peaceful garden with a small jetty. Enjoy lunch on the terrace or cocktails at the sun loungers. Organise exciting day trips and fine dining restaurants with the hotel concierge. See More
Hotel Eden, Sirmione Sirmione (Old City) 30 rooms from £125Local exploring - Right on Lake Garda and just a few minutes walk from the beach and the castleRomantic Break - Stylish suites with Lake views - ideal for couplesGreat walks - Explore the hills surrounding Lake GardaSights nearby - Spend a day in nearby Verona
Hotel Eden offers guests fantastic lake side accomodation with a private sun terrace and relaxed outdoor dining. Bedrooms are air conditioned with simple, contemporary decor - often with lake views. A charming and picturesque spot with great activities on offer in the surrounding area. See More
Villa Pioppi Sirmione 7 rooms from £141Active Holiday - From cultural tours to mountain biking or waterspots, there's plenty to do in the areaFamilies - Babysitting services, private beach, plus acres of grounds in which to tire them outViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The elegant Villa Pioppi boasts two hectares of picturesque parkland with swimming pool, a private beach area and extensive sun terrace with views. Spacious air conditioned rooms - some with lake views - feature private balconies. Enjoy outdoor dining or try out the plentiful nearby restaurants. See More
Villa Cortine Palace Sirmione 54 rooms from £384Total relaxation - Allow yourself to be transported to a by gone era when palaces were home and servants tended to your every need.Honeymoons - A lovers paradise with private couples dining, indulgent suites and private balconies overlooking the lake.Great walks - Wander the huge five acre gardens that surround the property, with elegant landscaping and wonderful statues.Tennis - Be sure to bring your racket and check out the clay tennis court on site.
Relais La Speranzina Sirmione 3 rooms from £624Romantic Break - Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be held on the terrace overlooking Lake Garda, but you can eat in bed if you want more intimacy.Total relaxation - Spa and sauna facilities on-site, and massages are available on request.Sights nearby - Set in the historic centre of Sirmione.Views - Great views from hotel
In the historic centre of Sirmione, with traditional stone exteriors matched with elegant chic interiors. Boasting a bar and restaurant set besides Lake Garda, spa facilities and beautifully-maintained gardens. Rooms are light and spacious and also offer fabulous views. A luxurious stay. See More