Search the best hotels in Puebla
Puebla is known for traditional food, colourful pottery, friendly weather and colonial architecture. It is the fourth largest city in modern Mexico and was the first city built entirely by the Spanish colonisers. It is laid out in an orderly, planned way around the central squares of the old town, which is now UNESCO World Heritage Listed. This centre of 16th and 17th century treasures, shows a wonderful blending of European, American and Arabic design styles (which is found in many of the best places to stay in Puebla) - and the Arabic influence can be seen in many of the beautifully tiled walls.
Puebla's location, on the wonderfully named plain of Cuetlaxcoapan, which means 'where the serpents change their skin', is between two ancient indigenous settlements, Tlaxcla and Cholula, Cholula being the largest man-made monument ever constructed, so there's plenty to see around Puebla if you're interested in the indigenous culture.
What Not To Miss
- The astoundingly ornate Rosary Chapel (Capilla del Rosario) is bound to take your breath away. The baroque interiors are simply stunning - be sure to remember your camera.
- The Amparo Museum is the ideal spot for those wanting to learn all about the area's past, home to a wide variety of artefacts and artworks from pre-Columbian times.
- You could also check out the Museo Internacional del Barroco, set in an architecturally fascinating building and with a number of exhibits on Baroque art, music, and more.
- Take the family on a day out to Africam Safari and marvel at the exotic animals roaming freely in their natural habitat.
As always, be sure to book ahead if you want to guarantee yourself a room in one of the best places to stay in Puebla.
The Best Places to Stay in Puebla
The Best Places to Stay in Puebla for City Style
- La Purificadora started life as a water factory and is now a stylish 26 room design hotel. The old facades and big, cavernous spaces are wonderfully combined with modern design and there's a great rooftop pool with city views, an excellent spa and a lively restaurant popular with the locals.
- Set in a charming colonial townhouse, El Sueno Hotel & Spa boasts smart rooms from just £67 per night. Enjoy top-notch regional cuisine and make the most out of your location to see all that the city has to offer.
Prefer An Apartment or Villa?
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- There's never exactly a bad time to visit Puebla, though if you're looking for warm weather then consider coming in May - with an average daily temperature of 20°C.
- Visitors can fly into Puebla International Airport (aka Hermanos Serdán International Airport), though if you're coming from further afield than North American you may need to fly into Mexico City International Airport, 125km northwest of Puebla.
- Take the bus from the airport to Puebla, with the journey lasting approximately 2 hours.
- British Airways and Aeromexico fly direct from Heathrow to Mexico City.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Puebla.
- Widen the net to search through our recommendations in Mexico City.
- Or feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Puebla
Best Hotels in Puebla
La Perla Hotel Boutique Puebla (Centro) 18 roomsBoutiqueSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
El Sueno Hotel & Spa Puebla Centro 11 rooms from £67City Style - A chic boutique hotel so well designed you'll be hard pushed to leave.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Puebla Cathedral.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
A chic family-run hotel located in a centuries-old Spanish Colonial townhouse. Individually styled rooms are packed full of character with bold colours, cast-iron beds and contemporary art. An atmospheric restaurant serves exemplary regional cuisine. Well located and priced. Highly recommended. See More
Meson Sacristia de la Compania Puebla 8 rooms from £82Foodies - Housing an award-winning restaurant and owning a cookery school this is the place to come and learn about Mexican foodCooking classes - Sign up to the cookery school and try your hand at making Pueblan dishesSights nearby - Wander through the streets and admire the colonial architectureFull of character
A small family-run hotel offering charming and eclectic style and some of Puebla's best cuisine in its award-winning restaurant. Surrounding a shocking-pink courtyard are eight individually designed suites all filled with furniture from the family's antique shop. A unique and friendly stay. See More
La Purificadora Puebla 26 rooms from £120City Style - This edgy and achingly hip hotel is an architectural triumph, a sleek new incarnation of a 19th-century water purifying factory.Designer - Edgy hotel designed by Legorreta + LegorretaSwimming Pool - Glass sided rooftop pool with city views.ContemporaryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Rosewood Puebla Puebla (Col. Barrio del Alto) 78 rooms from £195Romantic Break - Book a room with a spa bath for added luxury on your couples' getaway; the rooftop bar is a wonderfully romantic spotCity Style - With interiors that blend regional motifs and contemporary design, this hotel has lots of city styleLocal exploring - With a fantastic, central location, this hotel makes a great base for local exploring in PueblaSights nearby - Visit the Biblioteca Palafoxiana, one of the oldest libraries in the region housing 45,000 books and manuscrips
This five-star luxury hotel is located in Puebla, Mexico. The spacious rooms blend contemporary design with local motifs and unique artworks; book a premier room for colonial style and a four-poster bed. Unwind with a drink by the rooftop pool before booking into the spa; a stylish, refined getaway. See More
Cartesiano Hotel Puebla (Centro) 78 rooms from £302Spa breaks - With an exclusive spa on-site boasting a range of state-of-the-art facilities, this hotel makes a great spa break optionCity Style - This super stylish and perfrectly put together hotel will not disappoint- old meets new and the result is spectacularLocal exploring - Right in the heart of Puebla's old Spanish centre, surrounded by Mexican Baroque style buildings and a cathedralRomantic Break - Book a suite with heritage features and a private patio for added luxury on your next couples' getawayRecommended by - Tablet
A beautifully restored collection of ancient buildings in the old Unesco-listed centre of Puebla. The elegant design rooms feature heritage walls, organic sheets, and modern-luxe furnishings. With a rooftop pool and bar, excellent restaurant and full-service spa, it is in a league of its own. See More