Valle de Bravo
Search the best hotels in Valle de Bravo
About Valle de Bravo
Valle de Bravo is one of Mexico's loveliest colonial towns, set on the gentle shores of scenic, but man-made Lake Avandaro. It's close enough to Mexico City to have become the weekend retreat of anyone who can afford an escape somewhere this stunning. And the hills surrounding the lake are covered in misty forests which offer those who enter a real feeling of being out in the wilderness. Our pick of the best places to stay in Valle de Bravo is a stunning remote forest lodge, where you can truly feel at one with nature.
The colonial old town is just as charming as the setting though, with red roofs and an elegant main square. In fact much of the town's architecture is elegant.
What Not To Miss
- Take a hike up to the Cascadas Velo de Novia - a beautiful forest walk leading up to the dramatic waterfalls. There's also a restaurant with views of the falls where you can recharge after the walk.
- Visit the Piedra Herrada Sanctuary and enjoy the Monarch Butterflies in their natural environment. It's also possible to ride horses to the summit which makes for an easier climb than walking.
- Experience serene tranquility at Carmel Maranatha, a cluster of different yet lovely churches set amongst the trees and hills all contributing to the peace of the place.
- Marvel at the view at Mirador La pena - the hike is worth it and provides sensational views of the lake and surrounding countryside.
- La Gran Stupa Bon para la Paz Mundial - a wonderful monument surrounded by tranquil nature.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Valle de Bravo enable visitors to experience the beautiful nature synonymous with the area, in luxurious settings.
The best places to stay in Valle de Bravo
For a remote escape
- Rodavento is a remote forest lodge in a beautiful valley just outside Valle de Bravo. Accommodation is in tent suites, which might sound like a strange combination, but think luxury safari, complete with fireplaces and sumptuous furnishings. As well as the opportunity to get back to nature, while still enjoying a spa break, there's loads to do in this neck of the woods.
For an apartment or casa
- If you'd prefer your own space this holiday, check out our online partner, Booking.com for a range of self-catering options in Valle de Bravo.
- Fly to Mexico City International Airport located 147km (91 miles) from Valle de Bravo. The airport is served by a wide range of domestic and International carriers.
- There are multiple bus services from Mexico City to Valle de Bravo.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the lake and hills around the town, for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - if you're here in October or November you might see the annual international arts festival, the Festival de las Almas, and if you're here in December or January, you just might catch some of the annual migration of the Monarch butterflies.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Valle de Bravo,
- Alternatively, widen the net and check out our recommendations in Mexico City or Mérida
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Valle de Bravo
Best Hotels in Valle de Bravo
Rodavento Valle de Bravo 28 rooms from £132Suites - Tented suites in mountain-esque villas.Great walks - Surrounded by beautiful countryside, there are innumerable trails through the pine forests and along the lake.Back to Nature - This remote lakeside valley lodge will put you back in touch with nature, while catering to your every need.Kayaking - Hotel kayaks are avaialble, no better or more peaceful way to explore the local area.Recommended by - Tablet
Cinco Rodavento Valle de Bravo (Santa María Ahuacatlán) 28 rooms from £137City Style - Designed by local architects Federico Gomez Crespo and José Antonio Gaxiola, this hotel is chic and stylishLocal exploring - Located on the cusp of downtown Valle de Bravo, this hotel is in the perfect location for local exploringRomantic Break - Book the master suite for a romantic private terrace with sea viewsSights nearby - Visit the nearby Cascadas Velo de Novia, a beautiful waterfall in a local nature reserveRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
This modern boutique hotel is located in Valle de Bravo, Mexico. The custom-designed rooms feature natural materials and contemporary artworks; book the master suite for a freestanding bathtub and chic terrace with sea views. Head up to RÜF, the hotel's rooftop bar, for cocktails; a stylish hotel. See More