Search the best hotels in Warsaw
Standing in the centre of Warsaw's Old Town you might think that this historic centre has been unchanged for hundreds of years, but everything was actually rebuilt in the years following WWII. This mammoth rebuild is an example of the energy and resilience of the Polish capital, which is still felt today. These days Warsaw has a busy calendar of annual cultural events, a thriving club scene and some of the country's best museums. Many of the best places to stay in Warsaw are along the banks of the Wisla River which divides the city in half. Well known as a relatively inexpensive destination, Warsaw does, in fact, have plenty of boutique and high-end options.
The Royal Castle, once a Mazovian stronghold, and St. John's Cathedral are probably the city's two most prominent buildings and the places most synonymous with Warsaw's strength. Both excellent copies of the original buildings, they're still evocative places. If you want to compare the surviving buildings with their replacements visit the Old Town Square, where you can see them standing side by side.
Warsaw's architecture may not be as beautiful as that of other Polish cities, but it probably has the best museums which include the Warsaw Rising Museum, the Chopin Museum, the National Museum and the Pawiak Prison Museum.
Warsaw is also a great place for foodies - yes, some Polish cuisine epitomises comfort food, but it's not all chicken soup, pierogi and vodka - though of course, you should also make sure you try the pierogi!
The best places to stay in Warsaw do get booked up fast, particularly in the summer months, so be sure to plan your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Warsaw
For a luxury stay
- The Hotel Bristol is a fabulous five star property with a neoclassical facade and grand Art Deco interiors. It offers spacious, comfortable rooms and suites, plus top of the range spa, choice of restaurants and it's well located for all the main sights.
For city chic
- Autor Rooms is a bright and airy four bedroom townhouse B&B. Spacious rooms boast stunning contemporary design, complemented with plenty of period features.
- H15 Boutique Hotel is a hotel in a 19th century building containing uber contemporary apartment-style suites. Inspiringly modern, with Italian designer furnishings and the usual complement of electronics.
- Serious foodies will appreciate Le Regina's Michelin recommended restaurant, the elegance of this former palace on a quiet street in the New Town is just as appealing for many visitors.
For an apartment
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to either of Warsaw's airports, Chopin Airport or Modlin Airport. Alternatively, travel by train. Warsaw is served by three major stations with good connections across Poland and Europe.
- Poland has warm summers and very cold winters. For long sunny days plan your trip in the months of June - August.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Warsaw
Autor Rooms Warsaw 4 rooms from £95Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the city, perfect for exploring all of Warsaw's highlights.Sights nearby - The whole of Warsaw is easily accessible either on foot or via the trams, metro and buses.Great walks - Explore the many beautiful parks
A bright and airy four bedroom townhouse B&B. Spacious rooms boast stunning contemporary design and interiors complemented with plenty of period features. A fantastic location in the heart of Warsaw, surrounded by bars, cafes, shops and galleries. Perfect for a chic city break. See More
H15 Boutique Hotel Warsaw 46 rooms from £110Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Royal Palace painstakingly copied after being blown up during the warLocal markets - Rummage through the Kolo Bazar flea marketRecommended by - Tablet
A hotel in a 19th century building containing uber contemporary apartment-style suites. Inspiringly modern, with Italian designer furnishings and the usual complement of electronics. Signature Restaurant serves up an international and modern menu. The perfect base to explore a dynamic city. See More
Le Regina Warsaw 61 rooms from £104Foodies - The hotel's restaurant is known as one of Warsaw's finest and is recommended in the Michelin GuideLocal exploring - Great central location with easy access to Warsaw's beautiful Old TownSights nearby - St. Kazimierz Church and Warsaw Uprising Monument.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Bristol, Warsaw Warsaw 168 rooms from £182LuxuryRomantic BreakCity StyleGreat walks - Around the Royal Castle.