Search the best hotels in Kranjska Gora
About Kranjska Gora
Kranjska Gora is Slovenia's best-known ski resort. But despite the good snow and the breathtaking surroundings of the Julian Alps and the Triglav National Park, it's still not that well known. The Alps and the National Park make this an excellent summertime destination for folks looking for a bit of an adventure, but most of the best places to stay in Kranjska Gora are perfect for any season.
There are plenty of different types of accommodation on offer in Kranjska Gora, from hotels and apartments to 'tourist farms', basically a farm stay. Summer visitors and those on a tight budget may decide the best option is a campsite, while winter visitors will appreciate the Alpine hostels and chalets.
Kranjska Gora for Skiing
Slovenia isn't the trendiest of ski destinations, but the Julian Alps certainly provide the slopes, snow and backdrop skiers need. So Kranjska Gora is definitely worth a look if you're after a reasonably priced holiday. Although it has become better known since they began holding ski jump and Alpine skiing competitions here.
The skiing is best suited to intermediates as they have the largest choice of runs - 30kms worth. But, there's something for beginners and experienced skiers as well.
Kranjska Gora in Summer
Spend two days sleeping out under the stars while you scale Mount Triglav, explore some of the underground cave networks, or board your raft to attempt the ride down the national park's dramatic gorges. There's a bike park for mountain bikers to play in, but there are also plenty of walking and biking trails. The Triglav National Park is also ripe for mountaineering adventures and the Soca Valley is world famous for the rafting courses it offers.
What Not To Miss
- Spend an afternoon at Lake Jasna (2km out of town), set amongst stunning natural scenery. Hike in the surrounding area, go for a swim in the water or simply enjoy a relaxing picnic.
- Visit the Russian Chapel, originally built by Russian prisoners of war and which now commemorates the lives lost in war. A peaceful and moving spot.
- If you're fond of the great outdoors then you'll love Zelenci Nature Reserve, full of thermal springs and with a turquoise-coloured lake!
- The 300-year old Liznjekova House is a fascinating little folk museum. The ideal place to learn all about the area's history and culture.
Back To Nature
- If you're exploring the Triglav National Park with your family, one of the best places to stay in Kranjska Gora is the Suite Hotel Klass. The accommodation is in small apartments and suites which sleep up to six. All have their own kitchens, though the hotel also does a generous breakfast buffet. The reasonable price means this is also ideal if you're here to try a spot of skiing. And if you're looking for somewhere to stay where you're surrounded by the beautiful views of the Triglav National Park then this is definitely one to book.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think you'd prefer a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The ski season starts in mid-December and runs until March, with the highest snowfall in January and February.
- If you want to hike then visit in the summer -the average temperature climbs to 19°C in July. This is the best time to truly make the most out of the area's natural beauty.
- International visitors can fly into Ljubljana Airport, located just under two hours away and served by direct flights from London Gatwick with Easyjet.
- From here, there are regular buses to the centre of town and from there on to Kranjska Gora.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Kranjska Gora.
- Expand your search to include our selection of the best places to stay in Ljubljana or in nearby Carinthia,
- or, contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kranjska Gora
Best Hotels in Kranjska Gora
Suite Hotel Klass Kranjska Gora 24 rooms from £61In/by a Nature Reserve - In the heart of the Triglav National ParkFamily Suites - can sleep up to six peopleSkiing
Hotel Vandot Kranjska Gora 7 rooms from £62Skiing - This varied ski resort appeals to both beginners and experienced skiiers alike. Try night-skiing or cross-country skiingValue chic - Guests on a budget will really appreicate the brilliant central location, generous breakfast and homely roomsActive Holiday - Ski, climb, bike, trek, paraglide, fish, golf or simply wander around town in this outdoor lover's paradiseGreat walks - Walk through the surrounding hills and forests and enjoy picking wild mushrooms when in season
Charming family-run B&B built in the style of an Alpine chalet in the centre of Kranjska Gora. 6 rooms and an apartment have delightful slanting roofs, pine furniture and cosy duvets, combining tradition with a fresh contemporary style. For lunch and dinner choose from numerous nearby options. See More
Hotel Lipa Kranjska Gora 11 rooms from £80Active Holiday - The location in town, yet encircled by natural wonders, mean that outdoor activities can be combined with bars and restaurantsSkiing - The resort has 18 slopes of varying difficulty, 6 chair lifts, ski-schools and excellent runs for beginnersGreat walks - While walking through the area's pine forests stop off and enjoy wild swimming in glacial lakesBirdwatching - Visit nesting birds in Zelenci Nature Reserve
Family-owned and run hotel located in a former railway station in the very heart of Kranjska Gora town and ski resort. Enjoy a gourmet restaurant, large wine cellar, sit-out terrace and winter garden. 11 rooms and suites feel spacious and homely; many have balconies and some come with bunk-beds. See More
Hotel Kotnik Kranjska Gora 15 rooms from £87Active Holiday - The central location makes outdoor activities easy to arrange; trekking, mountain biking, riding, fishing or, of course, skiingSkiing - Kranjska Gora boasts 18 slopes of varying difficulty. Ski runs stretch over the slopes of Vitranc at altitudes of up to 1215mLively - Hip and happening.Traditional
A family-run property in the centre of Kranjska Gora town and ski resort. Somewhat of an institution, the hotel and famous pizzeria have run for 40 years; this is a friendly and lively place to stay throughout the year. Rooms - some interconnecting - are decorated in muted palettes and a cosy style. See More
Design Rooms Pr'Gavedarjo Kranjska Gora 5 rooms from £107Active Holiday - Whether visiting in summer or winter there are endless outdoor pursuits to fill the days; hike, bike, swim, fish, ski or sledgeEco - The property has been awarded a 'Green Key' for adhering to the strict criteria of the Foundation for Environmental EducationSkiing - Ideally located just 300 metres from the ski lift taking you to Kranjska Gora's 18 slopesSights nearby - The crystal clear waters of lake Jasna are just 15 minutes walk from the town and are an ideal spot for wild swimming
This idyllic B&B has been in the same family since before the first World War. A traditional chalet building is home to just 5 rooms, all named after members of the family. Located in the heart of the resort there are great options nearby for meals. The owners place real emphasis on eco practices. See More
Skipass Hotel Kranjska Gora 10 rooms from £128Skiing - Direct access to Kranjska Gora ski resort but there is the opportunity to ski across 3 countries: Slovenia, Austria, and ItalyActive Holiday - Kranjska Gora Alpine resort boasts excellent skiing and wintersports as well as hiking and glacial lakes in summerSights nearby - In summer nearby Zelenci and Jasna lakes make excellent wild swimming spotsHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Wonderful family-friendly hotel located in the middle Kranjska Gora ski resort and town. 10 contemporary guestrooms have been decorated with a fresh palette and suites have spacious and well-designed shared areas. A restaurant, wellness centre and brilliant on-site team ensure a successful holiday. See More