- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Kranjska Gora
About Kranjska Gora
Kranjska Gora is Slovenia's best-known ski resort. But despite the good snow and breath taking surroundings of the Julian Alps and the Triglav National Park, it's still not that well known. The Alps and the national park make this an excellent summertime destination for folks looking for a bit of an adventure and many of the best places to stay in Kranjska Gora are perfect for any season.
There are plenty of different types of accommodation on offer in Kranjska Gora, from hotels and apartments to 'tourist farms', basically a farm stay. Summer visitors may decide the best place to stay in Kranjska Gora is a campsite, while winter visitors will appreciate the Alpine hostels and chalets.
Kranjska Gora for Skiing
Slovenia isn't the trendiest of ski destinations, but the Julian Alps certainly provide the slopes, snow and backdrop skiers need. So Kranjska Gora is definitely worth a look in if you're after a reasonably priced holiday. It's become better known since they began holding ski jump and Alpine skiing competitions here. The skiing is best suited to intermediates as they have the largest choice of runs - 30kms worth. But, there's something for beginners and experienced skiers as well.
Kranjska Gora is also within easy reach of the Italian and Austrian borders.
Kranjska Gora in Summer
Spend two days sleeping out under the stars while you scale Mount Triglav, explore some of the underground cave networks, or board your raft to attempt the ride down the national park's dramatic gorges. There's a bike park for mountain bikers to play in, but there are also plenty of walking and biking trails. The Triglav National Park is also ripe for mountaineering adventures and the Soca Valley is world famous for the rafting courses it offers.
Be sure to book ahead if you want to guarantee accommodation in one of the best places to stay in Kransjska Gora.
What Not To Miss
- Spend an afternoon at Lake Jasna, set amongst stunning natural scenery. Hike in the surrounding area, go for a swim in the water or simply enjoy a relaxing picnic.
- Be sure to pass by The Russian Chapel, originally built by Russian prisoners or war and which now commemorates the lives lost in war. A peaceful and moving spot.
- If you're fond of the great outdoors then you'll love Zelenci Nature Reserve, full of thermal springs and with a turquoise-coloured lake!
- The 300-year old Liznjekova House is a fascinating little folk museum. The ideal place to learn all about the area's history and culture.
Back To Nature
- If you're exploring the Triglav National Park with your family, one of the best places to stay in Kranjska Gora is the Suite Hotel Klass. The accommodation is in small apartments and suites which sleep up to six. All have their own kitchens, though the hotel also does a generous breakfast buffet. The reasonable price means this is also ideal if you're here to try a spot of skiing. And if you're looking for somewhere to stay where you're surrounded by the beautiful views of the Triglav National Park then this is definitely one to book.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The ski season starts in mid-December and runs until March, with there being the highest amount of snowfall in January and February.
- If you fancy hiking then you're best off visiting in the summer -the average temperature climbs to 19°C in July. This is the best time to truly make the most out of the area's natural beauty.
- International visitors can fly into Ljubljana Airport, located just under two hours away and served by direct flights from London Gatwick with Easyjet.
- From here, there are regular buses to the centre of town and from there on to Kranjska Gora.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure which is the best place for you?
Best Hotels in Kranjska Gora
Suite Hotel Klass 24 rooms from $80Kranjska Gora
Suite Hotel perfect for families or groups of up to six. All rooms have a small kitchen, balcony and plenty of storage for ski gear.In/by a Nature Reserve - In the heart of the Triglav National ParkFamily Suites - can sleep up to six peopleSkiing