- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Granada
Many visitors come here to see the Alhambra, that magnificent Moorish palace with its exquisite tile work and magical water gardens, but discover many more unexpected pleasures. And most of our picks of the best places to stay in Granada are well situated to access not just the Alhambra, but all the other delights that the city has to offer. We have a wide selection of properties from a historic luxury city centre hotel, to charming guesthouses that won't break the bank. For those looking for a city apartment or holiday villa just outside the centre, we recommend our online partner, Booking.com.
This is one of Andalusia's freshest, most welcoming cities. With a lively bar scene - each time you order a drink in a bar you get a small tapas dish gratis - and sultry flamenco clubs.
For many people the best places to stay in Granada are those closest to the Alhambra. The calm trickle of water greets visitors to the Alhambra, and accompanies you everywhere, despite it being an arid spot. The water features are like art, as are the mosaics, the intricate woodwork and the complex calligraphy rendered in the plaster and tile.
But don't forget that Granada has some other notable landmarks, including:
- the Capilla Real: the grand Gothic Royal Chapel next to the great cathedral,
- the Albayzin, which is the old Muslim quarter, and now an open air museum,
- and the Monasterio de la Cartuja, a lavish baroque church and monastery.
Beyond the Alhambra
Granada's Islamic past has marked the city, and the influence remains - 10% of the population is still North African.
One of the best ways to experience the living culture is to visit a hammam. Try the Hammams de la Andalus, where there are three pools of different temperatures and then the option of having the whole skin scrubbing massage as well if you fancy it.
Food is a big thing in Granada. One of the best places to stay in Granada for foodies is near the Plaza Pescaderia, where the staple is fresh fish and jugs of sangria. Or you could try the Paeso de los Tristes where there's a string of excellent tapas bars.
For a City Break
- The Hotel Santa Isabel La Real is one of the best places to stay in Granada if you're looking for something close to the centre of town. In fact it's possible to book tower rooms with views of the Alhambra. A small and family run guesthouse, this is our recommendation if you value a personal touch. They make you feel as if there's nothing that's too much trouble.
- El Ladron de Agua is a chic manor house conversion in the centre of town. It offers a sophisticated stay with stylish rooms adorned with antique furnishings.
- AC Palacio de Santa Paula boasts a stunning mix of Moorish facades and contemporary interiors. And it's situated within easy reach of all of Granada's best bits.
For a hotel with a pool
- Villa Oniria is a gorgeous Andalucian style manor house. Alongside beautiful accommodation there's a gourmet restaurant, and spa with indoor "Effects pool".
- At Hospes Palacio de los Patos you get elegant luxury and a fabulous restaurant, right in the centre of town. Plus there's a top notch spa with indoor pool, Turkish bath, dry sauna and much much more!
- Carmen del Corbertizo is a chic seven bedroomed property in Granada's boho quarter. The Arab-style plunge pool in the charming courtyard garden is the icing on the cake.
- If you're looking for something a bit special book the beautifully restored 15th Century townhouse, La Casa Morisca. Built around a galleried internal courtyard with a serene marble pool at its centre, this guesthouse feels like a step back in time. And it's one of the best places to stay in Granada if you're hoping to feel some of the romance of this wonderfully vibrant but ancient city.
- Parador de Granada is a luxurious option, that's prefect for a romantic break. You'll find elegant rooms, fabulous Andalucian cuisine and a gorgeous roof terrace with a view.
For those on a budget
- Hotel America offers a rustic chic feel within the Alhambra's citadel. The rooms are simple and charming and there's a lovely courtyard garden. Rooms start from just €90 per night.
- Hotel Villa Sur is a seriously cheap option, in a quiet spot just outside town. You can bag a double room here for as little as €58 per night!
- Casa del Capitel Nazari is the more expensive option (doubles from €125). It offers traditional Andalucian elegance, some rooms with a balcony, plus a courtyard for sitting out.
For an apartment or holiday villa
- For a self catering apartment or holiday villa, check out the wide range with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Fly to Granada Airport located just 15km to the city centre.
- Best time to visit - Granada's best weather is in either Spring or Autum when the days are warm but not scorching (15°C - 20°C), ideal for exploring the city's sights.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Granada
La Alquiera de Morayama 17 rooms from $76Granada (Cádiar)
A charming converted farmhouse near the Guadalfeo River. Rustic rooms have wooden beams and all the mod cons. Excellent authentic Alpujarra cuisine, library, winery, outdoor pool, and farm animals. Workshop rooms host yoga, film projection and concerts. A great choice for families.Families - Some rooms have kitchens for preparing picnics. There are farmyard animals, walking trips, cycling, gardens to exploreLocal exploring - Miles of trekking routes for bikes, walking, yoga classes and bird watchingViews - Guadalfeo river whose waters flow from the high Sierra to the Mediterranean at SalobreñaSights nearby - Villages of Mecina Bombarón and Golco and the tiny hamlet of MontenegroRecommended by - Fodors
Hotel Villa Sur 11 rooms from $66Granada (Huetor Vega)
A quiet hotel in an Andalusian house. Traditional rooms feature stone floors, antique style furnishings and all the mod cons. An outdoor pool, neat gardens and terrace with jacuzzi. Close to Granada but still in a secluded spot. A lovely base from which to explore the abundant sights around.Local exploring - Historic sights of Granada as Charles V Palace. Also within a short drive Alpujarra, Sierra Nevada and the Costa Tropical.Great walks - Along the Tropical Coast, located between the Coast of the Sun malagueña and the Coast of AlmeriaLocal markets - Local crafts of leather, ceramics, wicker or jarapas of the AlpujarraSights nearby - The Alhambra, the Royal Chapel, the Cathedral
Cortijo del Marques 11 rooms from $103Albolote, Andalucía
A stunning country house hotel with sweeping countryside views. Atmospheric rooms, family suites with some four poster beds, with fireplaces, wooden beams and stone floors. Small swimming pool, gardens, good restaurant. Close to Granada, lots to do around too.Families - 2 family rooms sleep 4.Child friendlyRomantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Hotel America 16 rooms from $103Granada
A rustic chic hotel within the citadel of the Alhambra palace. Charming rooms have antiques, wooden beams and warm coloured furnishings. Delightful courtyard garden with fountains, brilliant Granada-style cuisine. Famous sights on the doorstep, very quiet atmosphere. Romantic and family friendly.Views - Generalife Gardens and Sierra Nevada MountainsSights nearby - Court of the Lions and Royal ChapelLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.
La Casa Morisca 14 rooms from $106Granada
Beautifully restored 15th-century house in prime location a short walk from the Alhambra. Centred around a stunning galleried inner courtyard. Traditional white washed rooms with local artefacts. Brightly tiled spacious bathrooms. Ideal for local exploring.Total relaxation - This charming hotel pulls its guests back time and time again with its laid back atmosphere and stylish Morocan interiors.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Granada with sunning views of Alhambra, wander the streets and discover hidden treasures.Great walks - Explore the narrow streets of the old town, taking in the Christian churches, Moorish architecture and Moroccan gift shops.Sights nearby - Visit the historic and unique Muslim medieval palace Alhambra and The Cathedral of Granada, both minutes away.Recommended by - I Escape
La Almunia del Valle 11 rooms from $126Granada (Monachil)
Fantastic guesthouse in the hills of Sierra Nevada National Park. A traditional stone building with charming rooms that blend contemporary elements with stone floors, fireplaces, wooden beams and creamy furnishings. Fantastic views from terraces, pool, excellent food, and lots of activities around.Active HolidayViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - The Alhambra in Granada is just 5 miles awaySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Casa del Capitel Nazari 17 rooms from $143Granada
A picturesque palace hotel in traditional Andalusian elegance. Bedrooms have wooden beams, stone floors, and white washed walls. Roman columns, sweeping balconies and a lovely courtyard ooze romance. Great value too.Value chicSights nearby - Right in the centre of Granada close to the Cathedral and AlhambraLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays, CN Traveller
Hotel Santa Isabel La Real 11 rooms from $146Granada
Charming family-run guesthouse with views in a picturesque setting. Bright, pretty, simply furnished rooms overlook an inner courtyard. Stunning views over the white washed old town. A quaint breakfast room with an excellent buffet. Ideally positioned to explore the town.Romantic Break - Lovingly decorated rooms, some facing the spectacular Alhambra vista, plus an inner patio with tinkling fountain.Local exploring - Ideally located at the heart of Granada's old town, perfect for exploring these romantic lanes and alleyways.Sights nearby - Visit the spectacular Muslim palace Alhambra, Spain's largest surviving piece of Moorish architecture.Great walks - Stroll around the narrow alleyways of Albaicín, one of Europe's most beautiful medieval quarters.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hospes Palacio de los patos 43 rooms from $154Granada
A stunning mansion renovation that combines romantic original aspects with cutting edge modern design. Monochrome, yet still classic rooms and suites with lots of natural light and sumptuous furnishings. Fabulous restaurant and state of the art spa. Sophisticated and grand.City StyleSights nearby - Visit the tombs of the Ferdinand and Isabela, Los Reyes Catolicos, in the gothic Capilla Real. 650m from Granada CathedralSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
AC Palacio de Santa Paula 75 rooms from $159Granada
A stunning mixture of Moorish facades and cutting edge modern design for stylish effect. Modern rooms and suites of various sizes and designs, all with state of the art modern gadgetry. Two fantastic restaurants, spa, and grand living areas. A Five Star spot.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSights nearby - Situated in the centre of Granada close to all major attractionsCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Villa Oniria 38 rooms from $160Granada
A gorgeous four star manor house hotel in Andalusian style. Contemporary chic rooms and suites with subtle lighting and creamy/light wood furnishings. Superb herb garden and central restaurant courtyard. Excellent spa too. A romantic city spot.City StyleSpa - Featuring special balneotherapy treatmentsSights nearby - Located right in the centre of the citySwimming Pool - IndoorRecommended by - Tablet
Carmen del Corbertizo 7 rooms from $169Granada
A chic small hotel with magnificent terrace views of the Alhambra and charming rooms in Granada's boho quarter. Rooms, some sleep 4, have an eclectic mixture of antiques, chintzy wallpapers, Persian rugs, mosaics and private balconies. The garden, terraces and plunge pool are a treat. Full of charm.City StyleSights nearby - The Alhambra - the biggest surviving piece of Moorish architecture.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
El Ladron de Agua 15 rooms from $170Granada
A chic manor house renovation in central Granada. Stylish rooms and suites in neutral tones with stone floors, antique furniture and private balconies. A sophisticated choice for families and couples alike.Views - Great views over the AlhambraSights nearby - Alhambra.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Casa 1800, Granada 25 rooms from $195Granada
Encapsulating Andalusian elegance at the heart of Granada. This restored 17th century property exudes historic charm with its ornate decoration and palatial rooms. Cream palettes create a sense of modern luxury. Perfectly located for exploring the city's rich Moorish heritage. Divine.Families - One child under ten stays free in an extra bed.Views - Some rooms have with views looking onto the Alhambra.Local markets - Explore Granada's bustling Moorish markets.Sights nearby - Ten minute walk from Granada Cathedral.
Parador de Granada 40 rooms from $384Granada
Sumptuous hotel in 15th century monastery. Elegant rooms have wooden floors, antiques, woven drapes and modern bathrooms. Garden and courtyard. Fantastic Andalusian cuisine and romantic bar. Ideal for honeymoon or romantic European weekend.Honeymoons - Within the grounds of the Alhambra palace, with opulent fabrics and antiques dotted in each room, as well as world class diningGreat walks - Granada’s old town and the cathedral are both just 10 minutes’ walk from the ParadorSights nearby - Palacio de Carlos VLocal markets - In nearby AlhambraRecommended by - Fodors