Search the best hotels in Granada
Famed as the home of the enchanting Moorish Alhambra, Granada is a beautiful southern Spanish destination for culture and heritage aficionados. It’s also a buzzy city for keen foodies and sociable travellers to discover, with a plethora of brilliant bars and flamenco clubs. A tremendous selection of fantastic hotels and B&Bs await visitors, and it can be a challenge to select the best places to stay in Granada. Luckily, our Gurus have done the hard work for you — read on for their top recommendations!
The Alhambra, with its water gardens, intricate mosaics and marvellous colonnaded courtyards, is undoubtedly Granada’s most well-known attraction. Delve into the city’s rich Islamic heritage at the palace, or take a guided walking tour of the historic centre and surrounding neighbourhoods. Realejo, the old Jewish quarter, is fascinating, as is hillside Sacramonte — once the preserve of Granada’s gypsies and now the best spot for live flamenco. Don’t miss the chance to experience a traditional hammam, or to marvel at the lavish Baroque Monasterio de la Cartuja.
If it’s wine, tapas and seasonal produce that you’re after, look to the bars of Plaza Nueva, Plaza Pescaderia and the Paseo de los Tristes. The bustling Mercado San Augustín, the finest market in the city, is another foodie highlight. Venture into the surrounding mountains for days of horse riding, hiking and mountain biking, before joining locals at hole-in-the-wall bars for sangria and flamenco aplenty!
But don't forget that this is an incredibly popular destination — not just in the peak summer months. If you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Granada, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Granada
For a Heritage B&B
- El Ladron de Agua is a converted manor house with traditional rooms in the heart of town. Pick this place for the sense of timeless style created by the antique furnishings and earthy tones. Modern artwork provides pops of colour throughout the hotel.
- La Casa Morisca offers carefully restored heritage interiors — one room has retained its original painted ceiling — in a 15th-century building. Built around a galleried internal courtyard with a serene marble pool at its centre, this charming B&B promises a rare chance to step back in time.
- Palacio de los Navas has white-on-white interiors with high ceilings and tiled floors. Close to many of the city's main sights, it's a lovely historic B&B with space for couples, groups and families. Charming.
- Hotel Santa Isabel La Real is a small, family-run guesthouse. Popular with return guests, it has classic interiors, sits close to the centre of town and offers a very warm welcome as well as knowledgeable recommendations. Excellent buffet breakfasts are served in the quaint dining room.
For an Intimate Hideaway
- Palacio De Mariana Pineda has just five sumptuous guest rooms, each individually decorated with coffered wooden ceilings, big beds — some four-posters — and pastel-painted walls. An indulgent and intimate choice for romantics, close to the foot of the Alhambra.
- Parador de Granada, set within an imposing 15th-century monastery, is a beautiful hotel for a gorgeous honeymoon or romantic holiday. Expect elegant rooms with hardwood floors and garden views, an inviting swimming pool and a gorgeous roof terrace. Tuck in to terrific regional cuisine in a striking setting.
- Hotel Palacio de Santa Paula offers luxurious contemporary interiors with all the mod-cons behind a stunning Moorish façade. Two fantastic restaurants, a serene spa and a beautiful colonnaded courtyard complete the picture at this five-star spot.
- Casa 1800, Granada showcases classic Andalucían elegance in cream, white and gold rooms with carved and gilded headboards, rooftop views and marble bathrooms with big tubs. One for couples looking for a spoiling city stay.
- Hospes Palacio de los Patos is a grand 19th-century palace with an ornate, ochre-painted exterior. Ultra-contemporary interiors are generally monochromatic, with airy guest rooms, a top-notch spa and indoor pool with hammam. Foodies will also adore the gourmet restaurant. A five-star gem.
- Villa Oniria is a gorgeous Andalucían manor house, perfect for a romantic holiday. Beautiful rooms and suites are decorated in chic cream and white tones, there's a delectable restaurant, courtyard herb garden and serene spa. Very special.
For Great Value
- Parraga Siete is an affordable yet charming hotel in a 19th-century building. Simple, modern interiors feature light wood and white linens, whilst the Vitola Restaurant has a more industrial feel. Very reasonably priced given its location.
- Gar-Anat sits within a 16th-century building, with exposed brick walls and beamed ceilings in 15 rooms and suites. A laid-back hotel with an authentic feel, perfect for those seeking a sense of old Granada. Very good value.
- Shine Albayzín offers slick, contemporary rooms and suites clad in cream tones. Set inside a 400-year-old building with Alhambra views and a colonnaded interior courtyard, this is an indulgent property with surprisingly affordable room rates. Expect great breakfasts at the onsite cafe.
- Casa del Capitel Nazari, in the Albaicin district, is an imposing Renaissance palace with traditional rooms featuring terracotta-tiled floors, wrought-iron bedsteads and dark wooden furnishings. The best rooms have balconies, and guests share access to a classic courtyard. Lovely and well-priced.
For a Rural Retreat
- Cortijo del Marques is a cross between an elegant manor house and a comfortable farmstead, set just north of Granada. Pick this family-run hideaway for its characterful rooms, small swimming pool and appealing sense of tranquility.
- La Almunia del Valle, in the hills of the Sierra Nevada National Park, is a gorgeous boutique hideaway with a strong eco-focus. Expect contemporary white-on-white interiors and beautiful views from a traditional stone building. Enjoy dips in the pool and flavoursome cuisine after big days out in nature.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Granada Airport, 30 minutes' drive from the city centre, and take a bus or taxi to your destination. Many hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Andalucía is wonderful for a road trip, although you won't need a car in Granada itself. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you plan to explore further afield and would like to hire a car.
- Expect warm summers, with temperatures ranging from 24°C - 30°C between June and August. For fewer crowds and cooler climes, travel in April - May or September - October.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Málaga.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Andalucía.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Granada
Best Hotels in Granada
Parraga Siete Granada 20 rooms from £56Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the Old Town, ideally placed for exploring Granada and all of its Moorish glory.Great walks - Walk up through Granada's hilltown to the San Miguel Alto for superb views out over the city and its surroundings.Sights nearby - Just five minutes' walk from the Cathedral, or wander up the hill and visit the magnificent Alhambra.Restaurant - Restaurant Vitola served authentic Granadan dishes.
Sharp and sleek, Parrage Siete is a great option in the heart of Granada. Set in a beautiful 19th century building, the interior design is contemporary and stylish. With the centre of Granada on the doorstep, it's a great launchpad from which to explore the city's unbounding charm. See More
Gar-Anat Granada 15 rooms from £80Local exploring - Perfectly positioned to access Granada's attractions by foot.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Alhambra, one of the most important national monuments.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
A converted 17th century palace offering boutique accommodation in the heart of historic Granada. The design is chic yet still traditional giving an authentic feel but with all the modern comforts. Start the day with home-cooked cakes and tortilla before heading out to explore the city. See More
Cortijo del Marques Albolote, Andalucía 11 rooms from £83Families - 2 family rooms sleep 4.Child friendlyViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Shine Albayzin Granada 12 rooms from £104Local exploring - Perfectly located just steps from Granada's most famed attractions.Sights nearby - Visit Granda's most famed sight, The Alhambra, just 10 minutes from the property.Great walks - Stroll along the canal to the majestic cathedral.Full of character
Casa del Capitel Nazari Granada 17 rooms from £108Value chicSights nearby - Right in the centre of Granada close to the Cathedral and AlhambraLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays, CN Traveller
Hotel Santa Isabel La Real Granada 11 rooms from £111Romantic Break - Lovingly decorated rooms, some facing the spectacular Alhambra vista, plus an inner patio with tinkling fountain.Local exploring - Ideally located at the heart of Granada's old town, perfect for exploring these romantic lanes and alleyways.Sights nearby - Visit the spectacular Muslim palace Alhambra, Spain's largest surviving piece of Moorish architecture.Great walks - Stroll around the narrow alleyways of Albaicín, one of Europe's most beautiful medieval quarters.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Charming family-run guesthouse with views in a picturesque setting. Bright, pretty, simply furnished rooms overlook an inner courtyard. Stunning views over the white washed old town. A quaint breakfast room with an excellent buffet. Ideally positioned to explore the town. See More
La Almunia del Valle Granada (Monachil) 11 rooms from £112Views - Great views from hotelActive HolidaySights nearby - The Alhambra in Granada is just 5 miles awaySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Fantastic guesthouse in the hills of Sierra Nevada National Park. A traditional stone building with charming rooms that blend contemporary elements with stone floors, fireplaces, wooden beams and creamy furnishings. Fantastic views from terraces, pool, excellent food, and lots of activities around. See More
Palacio de los Navas Granada 19 rooms from £113Value chic - A charming small hotel with a great central location all at very reasonable rates.Great walks - Take a stroll through the city’s former Jewish quarterSights nearby - Visit Granada's main attraction, The Alhambra.Full of character
Boasting a central location and a very attractive price tag the Palacio de los Navas features 19 chic rooms. Style throughout mixes the building's original features with a clean contemporary feel. Indulgent breakfasts are served and you're just steps from the city's major attractions. See More
La Casa Morisca Granada 14 rooms from £113Total relaxation - This charming hotel pulls its guests back time and time again with its laid back atmosphere and stylish Morocan interiors.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Granada with sunning views of Alhambra, wander the streets and discover hidden treasures.Great walks - Explore the narrow streets of the old town, taking in the Christian churches, Moorish architecture and Moroccan gift shops.Sights nearby - Visit the historic and unique Muslim medieval palace Alhambra and The Cathedral of Granada, both minutes away.Recommended by - I Escape
Hospes Palacio de los patos Granada 43 rooms from £117Spa breaks - The state-of-the-art Bodyna Spa offers a wide range of revitalising treatments plus a Turkish Bath, dry sauna and hot tubCity StyleSights nearby - Visit the tombs of the Ferdinand and Isabela, Los Reyes Catolicos, in the gothic Capilla Real. 650m from Granada CathedralRestaurant - Andalucian cuisineRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
A stunning mansion renovation that combines romantic original aspects with cutting edge modern design. Monochrome, yet still classic rooms and suites with lots of natural light and sumptuous furnishings. Fabulous restaurant and state of the art spa. Sophisticated and grand. See More
Villa Oniria Granada 38 rooms from £121City StyleRestaurant - Serving traditional dishes and regional specialities with a modern twistSpa - Featuring special balneotherapy treatmentsSights nearby - Located right in the centre of the cityRecommended by - Tablet
El Ladron de Agua Granada 15 rooms from £129Views - Great views over the AlhambraSights nearby - Alhambra.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Casa 1800, Granada Granada 25 rooms from £148Views - Some rooms have with views looking onto the Alhambra.Local markets - Explore Granada's bustling Moorish markets.Sights nearby - Ten minute walk from Granada Cathedral.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Encapsulating Andalusian elegance in the heart of Granada, this restored 16th century property exudes historic charm with its ornate decoration and palatial rooms. Cream palettes create a sense of modern luxury. Perfectly located for exploring the city's rich Moorish heritage. Divine. See More
AC Palacio de Santa Paula Granada 75 rooms from £199City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Situated in the centre of Granada close to all major attractionsCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Hotel Palacio Mariana Pineda Granada 5 rooms from £258Local exploring - Well positioned in the centre of Granada, ideal for exploring the city by foot.Great walks - Take a stroll through the beautiful streets of Carrera del Darro.Sights nearby - Just a 10 minute walk from the famed Alhambra.Romantic - Good for couples.
A 17th century building located in the heart of Granada. Traditionally dressed rooms are spacious and luxurious with dark beams, polished wooden floors and elegant floor to ceiling windows. Breakfasts are served in the stone-walled cellar and you'll find yourself just steps from the main sights. See More
Parador de Granada Granada 40 rooms from £292Honeymoons - Within the grounds of the Alhambra palace, with opulent fabrics and antiques dotted in each room, as well as world class diningGreat walks - Granada’s old town and the cathedral are both just 10 minutes’ walk from the ParadorRestaurant - Delicious Andalusian cuisine.Sights nearby - Palacio de Carlos VRecommended by - Fodors