Search the best hotels in Lanzarote
Once beloved by 1960s package tour operators, Lanzarote is shaking off its former reputation, with a burgeoning independent travel industry and some superb hotels. The easternmost of the Canary Islands, Lanzarote boasts fascinating natural beauty, forged by ancient volcanoes to create undulating lunar landscapes, as well as craggy cliffs and sandy coves overlooking the waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Whether you’re dreaming of wold-class surfing, laid-back seafood lunches or charming heritage hideaways, the island has it all. Our Gurus’ list of the best places to stay in Lanzarote includes everything from characterful B&Bs to swish beach resorts, perfect for a whole host of tastes and budgets.
Some of our Lanzarote Collections:
- Best Family Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best Hotels on Lanzarote for a walking holiday
- Best Luxury Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best Rural Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best Beach Hotels on Lanzarote
- The Best Hotels with Pools on Lanzarote
- Best B&Bs on Lanzarote
Lanzarote has become increasingly popular with independent travellers — rather than package tourists — in recent years. Hire a car to wind your way between the whitewashed villages of the interior and the pretty seaside communities of the coast, stopping to savour local specialities at family-run eateries or to taste the island’s famous malvasia wine at scenic vineyards. Arrecife, the capital, is a lively hub with historic buildings aplenty and a buzzy evening scene, and is an ideal springboard for delving into Lanzarote’s past.
For a beach break, look to the resort towns of Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise and Puerto del Carmen, all of which have expansive stretches of golden sand and the beach bars to match. Outdoorsy explorers of all ages will adore surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing and kayaking on the Atlantic, or heading inland to hike, cycle and horse ride. The Timanfaya National Park and the Montañas del Fuego showcase the island’s natural wonders — as does the Cueva de los Verdes. The influence of the island’s most famous son, artist and designer César Manrique, can be felt in gorgeous gardens and at some of the best places to stay in Lanzarote, which feel very special.
The Best Places to Stay on Lanzarote
FOR INTIMATE CHARM
- Casa del Embajador, a former diplomat’s residence in Playa Blanca, has 12 simple yet charming rooms with terracotta-tiled floors and blue or white-painted walls. With restaurants, shops and two beaches within walking distance, it's a lovely base for relaxed couples who might prefer not to hire a car. The sea-facing terrace is wonderful.
- Buenavista Country Suites offers two superb suites with whitewashed walls and gorgeous art pieces in La Asomada. Family-run and very peaceful, it's a top B&B spot for romantic couples. The mountain views are magical, as is the sense of seclusion.
- La Casona de Yaiza will delight foodies with its terrific yet relaxed restaurant, where you can feast on regional specialities crafted from the freshest local produce. A 19th-century building, the hotel has eight spacious, traditional rooms with huge bathrooms and sink-into tubs. Breakfast under the bougainvillea and kick back by the pool.
- Casa Rural Villa Lola Y Juan is a laid-back country hotel with just six elegant rooms and a large swimming pool overlooking towering palm trees. Simple, airy spaces feature well-chosen art and antiques, perfect for those looking to immerse themselves in the timeless charm of rural Lanzarote.
For Families and Groups
- Alondra Suites and Villas sit within large leafy gardens in Puerto del Carmen. Offering space for up to four people, these splendid villas — complete with sitting rooms and well-equipped kitchens — are perfect for group trips with guests of all ages. The best villas have private plunge pools, and all guests share access to the Kalma Spa & Wellness Centre.
- Aqua Suites, not far from the ocean in Puerto del Carmen, has understated modern rooms and suites, some with space for little ones on sofa beds. Life centres around the cooling lagoon pool. Expect clean lines, light blue and yellow tones against largely white-washed rooms, and a friendly feel. Great for families or groups of friends.
- Casa Tomarén, surrounded by orchards and vineyards, offers seven luxury villas, some with space for families and groups. Attractive interiors channel elements of Spanish, Moroccan and Indonesian design, and there's a swimming pool for cooling dips. Ideal for big get-togethers.
- Finca Malvasia is a stylish guesthouse in the heart of the island. Featuring Marimekko fabrics, crisp sheets and walk-in showers, the four cottages and laid-back guest rooms are brilliant for groups or longer-stay guests. The friendly owners will happily share their top tips and help with booking island excursions.
- Finca Cottage Aloe is a private two-bedroom cottage in Teseguite, complete with swimming pool, hot tub, BBQ area and well-equipped kitchen. A lovely choice for four people holidaying together in the northern part of the island.
For Grown Ups
- Barcelo Teguise Beach is a cool and contemporary adults-only beach hotel. Chic rooms and suites have expansive ocean views and minimalist interiors with crisp white linens and pops of blue and orange. Gather at the buzzy bar or restaurant after unwinding at the spa or honing your wind surfing skills on the water.
- Villa Vik is a two-storey 1970s villa with characterful interiors in Arrecife. The 14 individually decorated rooms and suites — the best of which have hot tubs on private terraces — will delight couples, who share access to a refreshing swimming pool and acclaimed restaurant. Adults only and ideal for romantic breaks or intimate weddings.
- Paradisus Salinas Lanzarote was the island's first five star resort, with lush gardens designed by Lanzarote's most famous son, César Manrique. Following an extensive refurbishment, it now offers swish rooms and suites with all the mod-cons. Garden villas are particularly romantic, with sunken bathtubs and four poster beds. Luxurious and grown-up.
- La Isla y El Mar promises a real sense of serenity, with a soothing spa and spacious suites with crisp white linens and aquamarine accents. Honeymoon suites have ocean-facing hot tubs. With a hip pool bar, two restaurants and funky interior styling, this is a brilliant choice for a romantic holiday.
- Lani's Suites de Luxe is a sophisticated seaside hotel with swish contemporary suites. White-on-white interiors feel fresh and stylish, and make the dazzling sea views all the more striking. A luxurious adults-only spot with delicious Mediterranean cuisine and direct access to the beach. Fabulous.
For Seaside Style
- The Volcan, built to resemble a classic white-washed village, is a chic seaside resort overlooking Marina Rubicón. Expect no fewer than five pools, squash courts, a gym, a rejuvenating spa and a fun kids club with plenty of activites for little ones, it's brilliant for family-friendly holidays at the coast. Five star style.
- Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel is an expansive luxury beach resort with indulgent rooms and suites boasting striking ocean views. Offering an impressive eight restaurants, six outdoor pools, a superb spa and a plethora of sports facilities — as well as a kids club — it's a terrific resort for guests of all ages.
- Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa is a fabulous seaside hotel in Arrecife. Contemporary rooms and suites boast uninterrupted ocean views, there's a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant on the 17th floor, and El Reducto beach is right on your doorstep. Perfect for business or leisure.
For an Eco Escape
- Eco Finca De Arrieta is a fabulously friendly eco-retreat, made up of a collection of yurts and villas set within mango, banana and lime groves. Just 300 metres from a sandy beach, it's a favourite for trips with friends and family. Collect eggs from the hens for breakfast with the little ones, who will also love the play area and sunken trampoline.
- Casa el Morro offers quirky suites, self-catering houses and a yurt, each individually decorated with pink or orange walls, free-standing tubs, draped four-posters and private terraces. A quiet, well-priced escape for groups, eco-minded travellers and keen yogis who will appreciate the onsite shala.
For an Affordable B&B
- Finca Marisa, in the small northern village of Tinajo, is the perfect B&B for budget-conscious travellers. Understated rooms are simple and comfortable, with African artefacts and mountain vistas. Guests share access to a communal kitchen, as well as a big terrace and pool. Families welcome.
- Caserío de Mozaga is a quiet B&B with just 8 bedrooms on a restored 18th-century farm in the heart of the island. Family-run, this relaxed spot has simple, traditional interiors and a friendly feel. The adjoining restaurant is a regional favourite, and families are welcome.
- Casa de Hilario is a charming and reasonably priced guesthouse with handmade furnishings and a well-executed fusion of old and new elements. Cool off in the tiny swimming pool, soak up the sun on the terrace and head out to explore after big breakfasts. Owner José is a superb host, with stacks of great recommendations.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to César Manrique-Lanzarote Airport, close to Arrecife, and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi. If you take an airport shuttle into the city, you'll find a network of bus routes to destinations across the island. Alternatively, most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- It's wonderful to explore Lanzarote with the freedom of your own transport. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect warm summers, with temperatures hovering around 25°C between June and August. For fewer crowds and cooler weather, travel in April, May or late September, when there's still plenty of sunshine, though the sea will definitely be cooler at these times!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Arrecife.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Canary Islands.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lanzarote
Best Hotels in Lanzarote
Finca Marisa Tinajo, Lanzarote 5 rooms from £43Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the Campesino Monument.Traditional
Cheerful, traditional B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The traditional rooms are spacious and comfortable and from the communal terrace there are great mountain views. Take a day trip to Timanfaya National Park or hire a bicycle and go to La Santa. An excellent low budget option. See More
Casa Rural Villa Lola Y Juan Haría, Lanzarote 6 rooms from £78Romantic Break - Offering a great deal more intimacy than the vast resort hotels of Lanzarote, it's great for a romantic break.Local exploring - This country-style hotel is perfect for exploring the lesser travelled North of Lanzarote.Local markets - Browse the Mercado Tradicional de Haría and pick up some souvenirs to bring home with you.Sights nearby - Explore the fascinating Jardín de Cactus.
Villa Lola Y Juan is a laid-back country hotel brimming with character and personality. The rooms exude an understated elegance with simple furnishings and tasteful artwork. Relax by the deluxe pool or visit nearby caves. A far cry from Lanzarote's resorts it's ideal for an intimate escape. See More
Eco Finca de Arrieta Arrieta, Lanzarote 12 rooms from £87Families - The group accommodation and self-catering suites are ideal for families, plus playground and trampoline for the kids.Eco break - Eco-friendly destination, completely off the grid powered by wind turbines and solar panels.Beach Life - Just 300m from a golden sandy beachKayaking - A nearby watersports specialist offers sea kayak safari's, a totally new way to explore the coast.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Caserío de Mozaga Mozaga, Lanzarote 8 rooms from £92Foodies - The restaurant, serving traditional Canarian cuisine using locally-sourced produce, is always guaranteed to please.Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring the island by car or bike, from the volcanoes to the beaches and villages.Great walks - Whether along the beach or in the Timanfaya National Park - there are fantastic walks to stretch your legs.Restaurant - Breakfast and dinner only.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Quiet 18th Century family farm turned boutique hotel, with charming bougainvillea framed courtyard. With white washed walls, high-beamed ceilings, shuttered windows, and original family antiques give warm traditional feel to the rooms. The stables are now a lively restaurant, popular with locals. See More
Casa Tomarén Mozag, Lanzarote 7 rooms from £98Families - Ideal for a family getaway, self catering villas with pool access, close to the beaches and babysitters on standby!Birdwatching - La Geria,the neighbouring nature reserve is an ideal spot for birdwatching.Great walks - Explore the national park and volcanic peaks.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Casa el Morro Uga, Lanzarote 8 rooms from £102Yoga - The hotel has its own yoga hall, twice-weekly yoga sessions.Eco break - Recycling, solar power.Value chicLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
An eco friendly collection of self-catering suites and one large yurt. Brightly decorated rooms, lovely terraces, stepped gardens, charming swimming pool area, and a yoga hall. A relaxed spot to explore the coast and Natural Park from. Ideal for yoga lovers, families, and those on a budget. See More
La Casona de Yaiza Yaiza, Lanzarote 8 rooms from £104Foodies - Considered by many the best restaurant on the island, the menu is creative and exciting with bold splashes of flavour.Active Holiday - Jose will help you to arrange practically any activity you can think of, from diving to riding and hiking.Fishing - In season (May to December) head out deep sea fishing for big game such as marlin, tuna and wahoo.Great walks - Enjoy a sunset stroll along the beaches or in the manicured gardens of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
19th Century country hotel with stunning views, outdoor pool and manicured gardens. Lovely rooms and huge bathrooms are decorated in white, wooden floors and oil paintings. Enjoy the islands favourite restaurant with its popular Mediterranean and Canarian dishes. Rustic elegance and gourmet cuisine. See More
Buenavista Country Suites Lanzarote 2 rooms from £108Hideaway - A secluded and intimate escape, tucked away in La Asomada, boasting spectacular views over the stunning mountain landscape.Great walks - Go walking in the beautiful Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Campesino Monument.Full of character
A delightful family-run B&B offering an intimate escape from the resorts and tourists of Lanzarote. Designed with simple style and elegance, the suites exude a rustic chic feel with earthy colours and superb mountain views. Ideal for couples looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday. A quiet wonder. See More
Barcelo Teguise Beach Costa Teguise 305 rooms from £115Romantic Break - This adults only hotel sits minutes from the promenade, with its vibrant nightlife and boasts a pampering spa and restaurant.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Private Hot Tub
A stylish contemporary hotel, on the beach in Costa Teguise. The chic rooms feature minimalist furnishings and crisp white colour schemes. Relax on the nearby beach or for something more outgoing, take a windsurfing lesson. Adults only makes it perfect for a luxurious break away from the kids. See More
Casa de Hilario Yaiza, Lanzarote 9 rooms from £117Local exploring - Owner José is an indespensible local guide, whether you're into exploring secluded beaches, deep sea fishing or mountain biking.Value chic - This place is a steal- with charming rooms, chic interiors, phenomanal breakfast and Jose's personal touch.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Beautifully restored 18th-century cottage just outside Yaiza Village, boasting ocean and mountain views. Contemporary interiors with rustic touches, large bright bedrooms and hand painted decoration. A perfect base for exploring the Island, with owner José as your always helpful guide. See More
Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa Arrecife 160 rooms from £123Total relaxation - With a stunning seafront location, a deluxe spa, and phenomanal Canarian cuisine- it's perfect for a relaxing break.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Spa
A superb modern hotel on the seafront in Arrecife. The luxurious rooms are spacious and comfortable with many affording stunning seaside vistas. Head to the 17th floor for sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine and unparalleled sea views. Perfect for a relaxing break on the beach. See More
Finca Malvasia Masdache, Lanzarote 4 rooms from £126Families - Self catering cottages, with a pool and plenty of space for running around, only 20min drive to the beach.Great walks - Take a guided tour throught the dramatic volcanic scenery, your helpful hosts will organise it all at the drop of a hat.Diving - The Canary Islands are known for their crystal clear waters, be sure to check out the dive centres on the island.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Four self-catering cottages set in a charming, working vineyard. An oasis of tranquility with beautiful central pool area and stunning grounds. Built in hommage to the island's famous designer César Manrique, they embody rustic Canarian with a simple modern twist. Sweet and chic. See More
The Volcan Playa Blanca 255 rooms from £130Families - With on site kids' club and a wide range of on site activities, plus a spa for the adults, it's perfect for all ages.Total relaxation - With deluxe suites, an excellent spa and beautiful nearby beaches, it's a great spot for a relaxing holiday.Fishing - Take day fishing trips from Playa Blanca and explore the coast from another perspective.Great walks - Make the most of the great walking in the nearby Timanfa National Park.
An excellent five-star hotel overlooking Marina Rubicón Port. The hotel is well equipped to meet guests needs, with luxurious rooms, sprawling outdoor pools, a large spa and five restaurants ranging from Japanese to Italian. With a heavenly strand nearby, it's perfect for a beach break. See More
Casa del Embajador 35580 Playa Blanca 12 rooms from £139Romantic Break - Perfect for couples without a car, within walking distance of Playa Blanca and the beach, but peaceful and private.Great walks - The hotel faces over the strait of La Bocaina and the Bay of Playa Blanca, both lovely spots for a post breakfast stroll.Sailing - Private sailing excursions and charters are available nearby and an ieal way to explore the coast from another angle!Diving - Check out one of the many dive centres on the island, the crystal clear waters are ideal for exploring.
Converted fisherman’s cottages in a popular resort. In the thick of all things yet secluded - minutes from the beach, cafes, restaurants and shops. Freshly decorated in greens, whites and terracotta floors. A lovely sea front terrace to admire the views from. A low key spot for couples. See More
Alondra Villas & Suites Puerto del Carmen 38 rooms from £140Groups - The four person villas, with self catering kitchens, dining areas and indulgent spa are perfect for luxury group holidays.Total relaxation - Pamper yourself with a chilled out beach holiday, lounge by the pool, steam in the Hammam or wander down to the beach.Sights nearby - Visit the fascinating Campesino Monument, dedicated to Lanzarote agricultural traditions.Great walks - Take a day trip to the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.
Splendid villas and suites away from the centre of Puerto del Carmen. The four person villas offer stylish rooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, plush seating areas and pools. Perfect for families and groups looking for a little more intimacy than an ordinary hotel might offer. See More
Finca Cottage Aloe Teseguite, Lanzarote 2 rooms from £142Families - With plenty of room to run around, board games, puzzles, books and a highchair- it's ideal for a family getaway.Groups - A charming four person self-catered cottage, with a lovely garden, bbq area, outdoor hot tub and dining area.Diving - Superb scuba diving opportunities at Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen.Great walks - Great walking amidst the volcanic landscape of the nearby Jardín de Cactus.
A charming four-person cottage in the small village of Teseguite. With two comfortable, spacious rooms and a fully equipped kitchen it's perfect for a group holiday to Lanzarote. Sunbathe by the pool or visit the nearby LagOmar Museum. In the evening watch the sun go down from the hot tub. See More
Villa Vik Arrecife (Urbanización La Bufona) 14 rooms from £191Total relaxation - Refresh and rejuvenate- with no kids allowed, in room massages and reiki sessions, poolside bar and luxorious suites.Romantic Break - The larger suites come with a private Jacuzzi on your terrace for moonlite dips.Sights nearby - Just 200m down the road is Playa del Cable, head down for some surf, sand and sun.Great walks - Walking around the volcanic peaks makes for an active afternoon.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Smart and sophisticated, resort with modern interiors and classical touches. Large comfortable suites come with private terrace overlooking the lovely pool area. Locally sourced produce can be seen on the menu, and delicious cocktails at the Terrace Bar. A popular spot for weddings and romantics. See More
Aqua Suites Puerto del Carmen from £217Value chic - A cool contemporary beachside property, boasting spacious suites, half board and lovely lagoon pool at a reasonable price.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel Playa Blanca 385 rooms from £220Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone. See More
La Isla y El Mar Puerto del Carmen 82 rooms from £246Romantic Break - With deluxe suites boasting outdoor hot tub's overlooking the Atlantic, it's ideal for a special getaway for two.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking trails in the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.
La Isla y El Mar is a relaxing haven, exuding a serenity that is often missing from Lanzarote's big resort hotels. With plush suites, a deluxe spa, a cool pool bar and two restaurants, it's got a host of great services on offer. Perfect for peaceful, romantic break on the Atlantic. See More
Paradisus Salinas Lanzarote Costa Teguise (Avda) 270 rooms from £348Active Holiday - The Social club has its own basketball, handball and volleyball courts, as well as access to mini golf.Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, relax in the sauna or indulge in a full body massage.Tennis - Do not miss a game at one of the three floodlit tennis courts.Swimming Pool - Large Lagoon Outdoor pool
Grand-daddy of five-star resorts. Garden of Eden-like with its botanical garden courtyard and white sand beaches. Beautiful suites have private balconies and sea views. Eat well at the restaurant, catch sunset with a drink and enjoy the many water and land sports on offer. See More
Hotel Fariones Puerto del Carmen (Lanzarote) 213 rooms from £341Total relaxation - With great facilities and luxury guaranteed you can kick back and enjoy some RnRRomantic Break - Book one of the rooms with private outdoor hot tub for a romantic breakRestaurant - Three restaurants, one buffet, two a la carte, including a Japanese restaurantPrivate Hot Tub - Junior suites and suites have private outdoor hot tubs
Well designed and easily accessible luxury oasis set amidst palm trees, with great public spaces full of art, an infinity pool and access to a sandy beach. Three excellent restaurants and a sociable bar, with live music under the stars at weekends. All rooms have seaviews and balconies. Delightful. See More
Lani's Suites de Luxe Puerto del Carmen (Tías) 25 rooms from £390Romantic Break - Brimming with style, the deluxe suites are perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in this chic adults only hotel.Great walks - Go walking in the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Views - Great views from hotel