Search the best hotels in Lanzarote
Like every winter sun-spot once beloved of 1970s package tour operators, Lanzarote still hosts its fair share of Brits Abroad. But don’t worry, it’s easy to avoid them using our recommendations for the best places to stay in Lanzarote. The good news is that the burger and beer brigade voluntarily incarcerate themselves inside three resorts; and never leave. Which means the rest of this truly exquisite island – with its 300 volcanoes, lunar lava landscapes, romantic vineyards, wonderful seafood restaurants, world-class surfing, beautiful whitewashed villages and obligatory old men with donkeys – is completely unspoiled. And plenty of the best places to stay in Lanzarote are too.
Some of our Lanzarote Collections:
- Best Family Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best Hotels on Lanzarote for a walking holiday
- Best Luxury Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best Rural Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best Beach Hotels on Lanzarote
- Best B&Bs on Lanzarote
Lanzarote's growing popularity as a destination for independent travellers has inspired local councils to improve the local sights and signpost some of the most spectacular walking trails. And this has fuelled the entrepreneurship of local folk with a bent towards hospitality, and a number of excellent rural hotels, fincas and guesthouses have opened in the last couple of years. Which means our Gurus have to keep going back to make sure they haven’t missed any of the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
What not to miss
- On top of the spectacular landscape and beautiful beaches, Lanzarote is culturally rich, with a number of museums and galleries of note, excellent marketplaces and lively local customs.
- Even if you’re more interested in sun and sand than the sights it’s still worth visiting the stunning landscape of Timanfaya National Park and the Montañas del Fuego.
- The island also has some incredible volcanic cave systems: Cueva de los Verdes is particularly spectacular.
- You might also want to visit the Cactus Garden?
- If you want to learn more about life on the island visit the Agricola Museum in Echedey.
This island really will surprise you!
As you'd expect with its permanent state of sunshine and subtropical climate, Lanzarote is a popular destination year round. All the Canary Islands are referred to as the ‘Islands of Eternal Spring’ and that’s a fair statement, though there is some fluctuation: in January, the coolest month, the maximum average temperature is 21°C, and in August and September, the hottest months, it’s 29°C.
Lanzarote can be busy during the holiday windows, so if you want to guarantee yourself a room in one of the best places to stay in Lanzarote, we recommend you get organised and book early. For those who'd prefer a self catering option, check out the selection with our online partner, Booking.com.
The Best Places to Stay on Lanzarote
- La Casona de Yaiza is an early 19th Century country hotel with first-class dining - this hotel has one of the best restaurants on the island. The rooms are lovely and tranquil, with huge bathrooms. Breakfast under the bougainvillea on ham with green olives, cold tortilla and excellent coffee.
- The Casa Rural Villa Lola Y Juan is a laid-back country hotel with just six elegant rooms and an impressive pool. Amongst the tasteful art and simple furnishings you’ll feel a world away from the resorts that give this beautiful spot a bad name.
For a Beach Break
- Casa del Embajador on the busy Playa Blanca, is a beachfront property converted from a former Ambassador's residence. Rooms are plain but charming and its only a two minute stroll to the beaches, restaurants and shops.
- Right on the seafront at Arrecife, the Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa is a superb modern hotel with 17 floors and 160 rooms. There’s a great Mediterranean restaurant with amazing views out to sea.
- Barcelo Teguise Beach is a large, stylish, contemporary hotel right on the beach at Costa Teguise. The minimalist rooms are crisp and white - which is fine ‘cause it’s adults-only. This is the perfect place to try windsurfing!
- Playa Blanca’s Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel is a deluxe seaside resort with five star facilities and beautiful bay views. This is a huge resort hotel with six pools and extensive spa, eight restaurants and loads of activities on offer.
For a Villa Break
- Casa el Morro is a charming collection of suites, self catering houses and a yurt. Situated in a quiet part of the island it is one of the best places to stay in Lanzarote for families or groups and is fantastic value for money.
- In the heart of the island, Finca Malvasia is a complex of guesthouse and four apartments set amid vineyards. The apartments are arranged around a stylish pool area. Interiors are contemporary with a rustic twist.
- Casa Tomaren offers seven luxury villas plus a pool to die for, created from a volcanic sinkhole! Interiors are a super stylish fusion of Spanish, Moroccan and Indonesian. It's the perfect place for a large get together with friends or family.
- Overlooking the port of Marina Rubicón, on Playa Blanca, The Volcan is a stunning five-star hotel with 250+ luxurious rooms and suites, sprawling outdoor pools, a large spa and five restaurants.
- Perfect if you’re looking for a relaxing haven of a resort, La Isla Y El Mar is a collection of 80 plush rooms and suites. There’s a luxurious spa, a cool bar, two restaurants and a laid-back, romantic vibe.
- The Finca Cottage Aloe is a charming, four-person cottage in the small town of Teseguite. The kitchen is fully equipped, there’s a pool and a jacuzzi, plus plenty of puzzles, board games and a garden and BBQ area.
- Casa de Hilario is a beautifully appointed guesthouse with seven bedrooms. Furniture is handmade and the materials used are a great mix of the modern and rustic. Charming terrace and tiny pool for cooling off.
- Caserio de Mozaga is a a family run, family friendly B&B in the heart of Lanzarote. There are eight simple but stylish bedrooms, two with private sitting areas. The only downside is the lack of swimming pool, but it makes an excellent base for exploring the island.
For a Special Occasion
- Villa Vik is all luxury, all the time. Smart and sophisticated, with great little touches like free champagne on arrival and lovely toiletries, the pool area is a must and if you can drag yourself away the capital Arrecife is a short stroll along the seafront.
- For the ultimate in five star luxury try the Gran Meliá Salinas - with its VIP section that's so secluded that you need a swipe card to enter. This was Lanzarote's first five star hotel, built in the 70s in the same brutalist style as London's Barbican Centre. If you don't fancy the sound of that opt for one of the refurbished rooms, or go all out and upgrade to one of the nine Garden Villas in the VIP area...
- Lani’s Suites de Luxe is a stunning, adults only modern hotel with white decor and a soothing atmosphere. There are 25 suites - most with fantastic sea views - plus direct access to the beach and a charming Mediterranean restaurant.
- At the pricier end of the B&B scale, the Buenavista Country Suites is a two room, family-run B&B designed with simple style and elegance, complementing the spectacular mountain views. Perfect for couples.
- The Eco Finca De Arrieta is a relaxed, family-friendly, 12 room eco-escape with accommodation arranged in yurts or villas. The finca is surrounded by mango, banana and lime groves and you’re just 300metres from a golden, sandy beach.
- The Alondra Villas & Suites are a collection of luxury four-person villas and suites. Villas have a fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable seating areas and their own pools! There’s also an indulgent spa.
- The Aqua Suites in Puetro del Carmen are a collection of stylish, spacious contemporary hotel suites, each with a private balcony with great ocean views. There’s a lagoon pool and it’s just a short stroll to the beach.
The Best B&Bs
- The Finca Marisa is a cheerful, five room B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The rooms are spacious and traditional and the mountain views from the communal terrace are spectacular. And the prices are very affordable.
- Even smaller, the three room El Jallo is part of an organic farm. The accommodation has been converted from a 17th century building with beautiful wooden floors and beamed ceilings. The views are really something from the pool and terrace and there are lovely gardens. Perfect if you want some peace.
- At the pricier end of the B&B scale, the Buenavista Country Suites is a two room, family-run B&B designed with simple style and elegance. Perfect for couples.
For a holiday villa or apartment
- If you're looking for your own little home from home, then perhaps a villa or apartment is the best option. We recommend you check out the properties with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Most people arrive on Lanzarote at Arrecife airport, which is on the island’s east coast, about three miles from Arrecife town and about six miles from Puerto del Carmen. If you haven’t arranged transfers or car hire you can catch a bus from the airport to Arrecife, where you can change for other destinations.
- As we mentioned the weather in Lanzarote makes it a year round destination, with sea breezes taking the edge off the heat in summer and winter nighttime lows rarely falling below 14°C. For many people the best times to visit Lanzarote are when it’s awful everywhere else! But if you enjoy swimming in the sea then you’ll love the summer, when the sea averages at a balmy 22°C.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you want to see more than just the headline sights - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Lanzarote for you?
- Browse all the best places to stay in the Canary Islands,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Gran Canaria,
- or Tenerife, La Gomera or La Palma
- or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lanzarote
Best Hotels in Lanzarote
Finca Marisa Tinajo, Lanzarote 5 rooms from £43Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the Campesino Monument.Traditional
Cheerful, traditional B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The traditional rooms are spacious and comfortable and from the communal terrace there are great mountain views. Take a day trip to Timanfaya National Park or hire a bicycle and go to La Santa. An excellent low budget option. See More
El Jallo Lanzarote 3 rooms from £65Hideaway - Enjoy the Canarian pace of life in this secluded farm hotel, with outstanding views and walkable quiet beachesSurfing - The Tinajo coast is considered one of the best areas in Europe for surfing; hotel can advise on rentalLocal markets - Don't miss Sunday market in TeguiseRestrictions on children - Adults only hotelRecommended by - Sawdays
Laid-back B&B on organic farm. Housed in 17th century building, the rooms feature beamed ceiling, wooden floors, rustic furniture and white bathrooms with stunning views. Outdoor plunge pool, terrace and gardens leading to the organic farm. Peaceful, private and very pretty. See More
Casa Rural Villa Lola Y Juan Haría, Lanzarote 6 rooms from £78Romantic Break - Offering a great deal more intimacy than the vast resort hotels of Lanzarote, it's great for a romantic break.Local exploring - This country-style hotel is perfect for exploring the lesser travelled North of Lanzarote.Local markets - Browse the Mercado Tradicional de Haría and pick up some souvenirs to bring home with you.Sights nearby - Explore the fascinating Jardín de Cactus.
Villa Lola Y Juan is a laid-back country hotel brimming with character and personality. The rooms exude an understated elegance with simple furnishings and tasteful artwork. Relax by the deluxe pool or visit nearby caves. A far cry from Lanzarote's resorts it's ideal for an intimate escape. See More
Eco Finca de Arrieta Arrieta, Lanzarote 12 rooms from £87Families - The group accommodation and self-catering suites are ideal for families, plus playground and trampoline for the kids.Eco break - Eco-friendly destination, completely off the grid powered by wind turbines and solar panels.Beach Life - Just 300m from a golden sandy beachKayaking - A nearby watersports specialist offers sea kayak safari's, a totally new way to explore the coast.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Caserío de Mozaga Mozaga, Lanzarote 8 rooms from £92Foodies - The restaurant, serving traditional Canarian cuisine using locally-sourced produce, is always guaranteed to please.Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring the island by car or bike, from the volcanoes to the beaches and villages.Great walks - Whether along the beach or in the Timanfaya National Park - there are fantastic walks to stretch your legs.Restaurant - Breakfast and dinner only.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Quiet 18th Century family farm turned boutique hotel, with charming bougainvillea framed courtyard. With white washed walls, high-beamed ceilings, shuttered windows, and original family antiques give warm traditional feel to the rooms. The stables are now a lively restaurant, popular with locals. See More
Casa Tomarén Mozag, Lanzarote 7 rooms from £98Families - Ideal for a family getaway, self catering villas with pool access, close to the beaches and babysitters on standby!Birdwatching - La Geria,the neighbouring nature reserve is an ideal spot for birdwatching.Great walks - Explore the national park and volcanic peaks.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Casa el Morro Uga, Lanzarote 8 rooms from £102Yoga - The hotel has its own yoga hall, twice-weekly yoga sessions.Eco break - Recycling, solar power.Value chicLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
An eco friendly collection of self-catering suites and one large yurt. Brightly decorated rooms, lovely terraces, stepped gardens, charming swimming pool area, and a yoga hall. A relaxed spot to explore the coast and Natural Park from. Ideal for yoga lovers, families, and those on a budget. See More
La Casona de Yaiza Yaiza, Lanzarote 8 rooms from £104Foodies - Considered by many the best restaurant on the island, the menu is creative and exciting with bold splashes of flavour.Active Holiday - Jose will help you to arrange practically any activity you can think of, from diving to riding and hiking.Fishing - In season (May to December) head out deep sea fishing for big game such as marlin, tuna and wahoo.Great walks - Enjoy a sunset stroll along the beaches or in the manicured gardens of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
19th Century country hotel with stunning views, outdoor pool and manicured gardens. Lovely rooms and huge bathrooms are decorated in white, wooden floors and oil paintings. Enjoy the islands favourite restaurant with its popular Mediterranean and Canarian dishes. Rustic elegance and gourmet cuisine. See More
Buenavista Country Suites Lanzarote 2 rooms from £108Hideaway - A secluded and intimate escape, tucked away in La Asomada, boasting spectacular views over the stunning mountain landscape.Great walks - Go walking in the beautiful Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Campesino Monument.Full of character
A delightful family-run B&B offering an intimate escape from the resorts and tourists of Lanzarote. Designed with simple style and elegance, the suites exude a rustic chic feel with earthy colours and superb mountain views. Ideal for couples looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday. A quiet wonder. See More
Barcelo Teguise Beach Costa Teguise, Lanzarote 305 rooms from £115Romantic Break - This adults only hotel sits minutes from the promenade, with its vibrant nightlife and boasts a pampering spa and restaurant.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Private Hot Tub
A stylish contemporary hotel, on the beach in Costa Teguise. The chic rooms feature minimalist furnishings and crisp white colour schemes. Relax on the nearby beach or for something more outgoing, take a windsurfing lesson. Adults only makes it perfect for a luxurious break away from the kids. See More
Casa de Hilario Yaiza, Lanzarote 9 rooms from £117Local exploring - Owner José is an indespensible local guide, whether you're into exploring secluded beaches, deep sea fishing or mountain biking.Value chic - This place is a steal- with charming rooms, chic interiors, phenomanal breakfast and Jose's personal touch.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Beautifully restored 18th-century cottage just outside Yaiza Village, boasting ocean and mountain views. Contemporary interiors with rustic touches, large bright bedrooms and hand painted decoration. A perfect base for exploring the Island, with owner José as your always helpful guide. See More
Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa Arrecife, Lanzarote 160 rooms from £123Total relaxation - With a stunning seafront location, a deluxe spa, and phenomanal Canarian cuisine- it's perfect for a relaxing break.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Spa
A superb modern hotel on the seafront in Arrecife. The luxurious rooms are spacious and comfortable with many affording stunning seaside vistas. Head to the 17th floor for sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine and unparalleled sea views. Perfect for a relaxing break on the beach. See More
Finca Malvasia Masdache, Lanzarote 4 rooms from £126Families - Self catering cottages, with a pool and plenty of space for running around, only 20min drive to the beach.Great walks - Take a guided tour throught the dramatic volcanic scenery, your helpful hosts will organise it all at the drop of a hat.Diving - The Canary Islands are known for their crystal clear waters, be sure to check out the dive centres on the island.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Four self-catering cottages set in a charming, working vineyard. An oasis of tranquility with beautiful central pool area and stunning grounds. Built in hommage to the island's famous designer César Manrique, they embody rustic Canarian with a simple modern twist. Sweet and chic. See More
The Volcan Playa Blanca, Lanzarote 255 rooms from £130Families - With on site kids' club and a wide range of on site activities, plus a spa for the adults, it's perfect for all ages.Total relaxation - With deluxe suites, an excellent spa and beautiful nearby beaches, it's a great spot for a relaxing holiday.Fishing - Take day fishing trips from Playa Blanca and explore the coast from another perspective.Great walks - Make the most of the great walking in the nearby Timanfa National Park.
An excellent five-star hotel overlooking Marina Rubicón Port. The hotel is well equipped to meet guests needs, with luxurious rooms, sprawling outdoor pools, a large spa and five restaurants ranging from Japanese to Italian. With a heavenly strand nearby, it's perfect for a beach break. See More
Casa del Embajador Yaiza, Lanzarote 12 rooms from £139Romantic Break - Perfect for couples without a car, within walking distance of Playa Blanca and the beach, but peaceful and private.Great walks - The hotel faces over the strait of La Bocaina and the Bay of Playa Blanca, both lovely spots for a post breakfast stroll.Sailing - Private sailing excursions and charters are available nearby and an ieal way to explore the coast from another angle!Diving - Check out one of the many dive centres on the island, the crystal clear waters are ideal for exploring.
Converted fisherman’s cottages in a popular resort. In the thick of all things yet secluded - minutes from the beach, cafes, restaurants and shops. Freshly decorated in greens, whites and terracotta floors. A lovely sea front terrace to admire the views from. A low key spot for couples. See More
Alondra Villas & Suites Puerto del Carmen,, Lanzarote 38 rooms from £140Groups - The four person villas, with self catering kitchens, dining areas and indulgent spa are perfect for luxury group holidays.Total relaxation - Pamper yourself with a chilled out beach holiday, lounge by the pool, steam in the Hammam or wander down to the beach.Sights nearby - Visit the fascinating Campesino Monument, dedicated to Lanzarote agricultural traditions.Great walks - Take a day trip to the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.
Splendid villas and suites away from the centre of Puerto del Carmen. The four person villas offer stylish rooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, plush seating areas and pools. Perfect for families and groups looking for a little more intimacy than an ordinary hotel might offer. See More
Gran Meliá Salinas Costa Teguise, Lanzarote 270 rooms from £141Active Holiday - The Social club has its own basketball, handball and volleyball courts, as well as access to mini golf.Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, relax in the sauna or indulge in a full body massage.Tennis - Do not miss a game at one of the three floodlit tennis courts.Swimming Pool - Large Lagoon Outdoor pool
Grand-daddy of five-star resorts. Garden of Eden-like with its botanical garden courtyard and white sand beaches. Beautiful suites have private balconies and sea views. Eat well at the restaurant, catch sunset with a drink and enjoy the many water and land sports on offer. See More
Finca Cottage Aloe Teseguite, Lanzarote 2 rooms from £142Families - With plenty of room to run around, board games, puzzles, books and a highchair- it's ideal for a family getaway.Groups - A charming four person self-catered cottage, with a lovely garden, bbq area, outdoor hot tub and dining area.Diving - Superb scuba diving opportunities at Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen.Great walks - Great walking amidst the volcanic landscape of the nearby Jardín de Cactus.
A charming four-person cottage in the small village of Teseguite. With two comfortable, spacious rooms and a fully equipped kitchen it's perfect for a group holiday to Lanzarote. Sunbathe by the pool or visit the nearby LagOmar Museum. In the evening watch the sun go down from the hot tub. See More
Villa Vik Arrecife, Playa del Cable, Lanzarote 14 rooms from £191Total relaxation - Refresh and rejuvenate- with no kids allowed, in room massages and reiki sessions, poolside bar and luxorious suites.Romantic Break - The larger suites come with a private Jacuzzi on your terrace for moonlite dips.Sights nearby - Just 200m down the road is Playa del Cable, head down for some surf, sand and sun.Great walks - Walking around the volcanic peaks makes for an active afternoon.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Smart and sophisticated, resort with modern interiors and classical touches. Large comfortable suites come with private terrace overlooking the lovely pool area. Locally sourced produce can be seen on the menu, and delicious cocktails at the Terrace Bar. A popular spot for weddings and romantics. See More
Aqua Suites Puerto del Carmen,, Lanzarote from £217Value chic - A cool contemporary beachside property, boasting spacious suites, half board and lovely lagoon pool at a reasonable price.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel Playa Blanca, Lanzarote 385 rooms from £220Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone. See More
La Isla y El Mar Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote 82 rooms from £246Romantic Break - With deluxe suites boasting outdoor hot tub's overlooking the Atlantic, it's ideal for a special getaway for two.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking trails in the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.
La Isla y El Mar is a relaxing haven, exuding a serenity that is often missing from Lanzarote's big resort hotels. With plush suites, a deluxe spa, a cool pool bar and two restaurants, it's got a host of great services on offer. Perfect for peaceful, romantic break on the Atlantic. See More
Lani's Suites de Luxe Lanzarote 25 rooms from £390Romantic Break - Brimming with style, the deluxe suites are perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in this chic adults only hotel.Great walks - Go walking in the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Views - Great views from hotel