- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Zamora
Zamora is referred to in many places as a Romanesque Museum because of its huge number (twenty four) of 12th and 13th century churches, all arranged, with rather monumental effect, in the casco historico, or old town. The local specialities include cheese - especially with ewe’s milk - and Toro wine, as well as Fuentesauco’s famous chickpeas, and there’s a great weekly market held every Tuesday morning. Zamora is a good place to learn, or improve your Spanish. Don’t expect everyone to speak English, or to want to, but as is so often the case if you try to speak the language people will try and help you.Many of the best places to stay in Zamora are within, or close to the casco historico.
Thing not to miss:
- As the city with the most Romanesque churches in Europe, there are plenty to explore. Two of the best being the Cathedral and the Church of Santa María Magdalena.
- There are more than just medieval churches, though, Zamora also has a wonderful museum to the Semana Santa processions which take place in this region.
- Zamore plays host to beautiful city walls that date back to the 11th century.
- Zamora is closed by the Duero river, just before it reaches the Portuguese border, so you can easily take a day trip into Portugal as well.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Zamora will satisfy all tastes, whether you're looking for period charm or a sleek modern property.
The best places to stay in Zamora
For an historic feel
- The Parador de Zamora is a beautiful 15th century Renaissance palace converted into a 52 room hotel. The interiors are still medieval in places, with stone floors and long galleries, and the rooms are decorated with tapestries and chandeliers and have four-poster beds. There’s also a pool and lovely large gardens.
For a vineyard stay
- The Valbusenda Hotel Bodega & Spa is a superb five-star hotel with 35 plush rooms overlooking the hotel’s own vineyards and surrounding countryside. There’s an extensive spa menu and a lots of opportunities for walkers.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Zamora is Salamanca (58 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Zamora is either from May to June or September to October. In the high summer, temperatures are too hot.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Zamora
Parador de Zamora 52 rooms from £75Zamora
A beautiful 15th century Renaissance palace with medieval interiors. Bedrooms and suites have tapestries, four poster beds, chandeliers, stone floors, galleries. Elegance and romance throughout. Excellent restaurant serving local cuisine, lovely gardens, and large pool. Perfect for local exploring.Sights nearby - Puente de Piedra, Santiago del Burgo, Zamora Cathedral.Local markets - Abastos Market.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor