Search the best hotels in Champery
A classic Alpine village in the heart of one of the world's largest ski areas, Portes du Soleil. Quaint yet contemporary, in spite of years of tourism and change, the village still retains its authentic charm. In an idyllic location deep in the mountains, it is the perfect place for a week of respite. The accommodation is plentiful and our pick of the best places to stay in Champery has something for everyone from budget options to grand luxury properties.
Nestling between Dents-du-Midi and Dents Blanche, Champery is in many ways your typical Alpine village. The main street is picturesque, full of traditional old chalets with carved balconies and Alpine roofs, while modernity still inevitably creeps in, in the form of lush contemporary facilities like the indoor ice rink and curling hall. There is also a fascinating open-air museum, called Champery 1830, which is a must-see for anyone interested in regional history and culture.
The Portes du Soleil is only a short cable-car ride away - the largest ski area in the world - and even closer to home are 8 blue runs, 8 red runs and 4 black runs. Le Mur Suisse, aka the Swiss Wall, is one of the steepest slopes in the world, running for 1km, with a gradient of 50 degrees! Experienced skiers will enjoy giving this a go, while the snowpark lying nearby is perfect for freestylers.
What not to miss
- Take the cable car to Champery-les-Crosets where you will find the largest ski area in the world.
- If you're a freestyler, why not check out the snowpark?
- Feeling brave? Give Le Mur Suisse a go! It should only be attempted by experienced skiers.
- Check out Champery 1830, an excellent open-air museum detailing the cultural heritage of the region.
- Go for a walk to the beautiful Anthem Lake, that on clear days, the waters mirror the sky!
- If you're a cyclist, take the cable car to the Bike Park.
Picturesque and teeming with fun things-to-do, Champery is the ideal destination for skiers and hikers alike. Find out more by checking our collection of the best places to stay in Champery.
The best places to stay in Champery
- Hotel Plein Ceil: a charming Alpine lodge in a secluded spot, offering gorgeously adorned pine-clad rooms with simple furnishings and private terraces. Enjoy fine dining at the restaurant and drink in the enchanting views.
- Le Chalet de L'Atelier: a lovely boutique hotel in an intimate Alpine location, offering lovely pinewood rooms with contemporary furnishings. Relax in the bubbles of the hot tub or tuck into a sumptuous meals at the restaurant. Ideal for couples looking for intimacy.
- Hotel Beau-Sejour: chalet-style accomodation offering spacious and contemporary rooms with large private balconies. Relax with afternoon tea and cake around the fire. A charming stay! Ideal for those looking for an authentic experience.
- Hotel National Resort & Spa: a chic boutique hotel offering rustic-chic rooms adorned with unpolished pine, stonework and luxurious bathrooms. There is a lounge, piano bar and a pampering spa. A classy stay!
- Le White: offering supremely plush Alpine rooms, this is a voguish and modern hotel promising some of the most bewitching views in the entirety of Portes du Soleil. A beautiful and rejuvenating retreat after a long day of skiing.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Whether it is summer or winter, there is never a bad time to visit Champery. However, in the depths of winter, temperatures can reach as low as -6 degrees so the best time to go is in March when it averages at around 2 degrees.
- Fly to Geneva Airport, 130km away, and get a train to Aigle, from where you can get a connection on the AOMC line straight to Champery.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include hotels in Les Crosets.
- Browse through all of our collection of the best places to stay in Switzerland.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Champery
Best Hotels in Champery
Hotel Plein Ceil Champery (Planachaux-1800m) 34 rooms from £85Hideaway - A charming mountain retreat, only accessible by cable car during the winter, with a sauna and epic views of Les Dents du Midi.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby medieval Chillon Castle, a must for anyone with an interest in history and architecture.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
A charming lodge tucked away in a secluded spot, boasting epic views. The traditionally styled pine clad rooms feature private terraces and simple furnishings. Spend a relaxing evening feasting on raclette in the fine-dining restaurant. Situated right on the slopes, it is an Alpine dream. See More
Le Chalet de L'Atelier Champery 4 rooms from £130Active Holiday - Champéry is a great location for skiing, mountain climbing and trekking.
A charming small hotel, located in the mountain resort of Champery. Designed predominantly with wood, its rooms are cosy and are furnished with a contemporary flourish. After a hard days skiing relax in the hot tub or have a meal in the restaurant. An intimate alpine spot. See More
Hotel Beau-Sejour Champery (Champéry) 18 rooms from £169Active Holiday - Located in the midst of the Portes du Soleil ski region, which also boasts plenty of hiking and cycling during the summerFamilies - Family suites available and it has its own playroom, perfect for exploring the breathtaking Dents du Midi en famille!Great walks - Explore the nearby mountains and valleys, ask at the hotel about the best trails!Full of character
A chalet style hotel offering stunning panoramic views of the Dents du Midi. Modern rooms with contemporary features and lovely balconies, designed in a traditional Alpine manner. Unwind with afternoon tea and homemade cakes in front of the fire. Fantastic local skiing, hiking and cycling routes. See More
Hotel National Resort & Spa Champery 24 rooms from £218Spa breaks - Totally unwind at the beautiful and expansive spa that encompasses elements of the surrounding landscape.Active Holiday - With the Alps surrounding you there's a plethora of outdoor activities to choose from.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel
A boutique Alpine hotel with an enviable location. Rustic chic rooms feature exposed beams, unpolished pine, stonework, and wonderfully luxurious bathrooms. Hit the sophisticated lounge and piano bar for evening revelries. The extensive spa will ease away any aches and pains. A pitch-perfect hotel. See More
Le White Champery 26 rooms from £239Active Holiday - A great location for skiing, walking and climbing, with cosy rooms and warm fires to greet you on your return.Views - Stunning panoramic views of the Dents du Midi mountain range.Great walks - Stunning walking routes in the surrounding Valais region.Remote - Off the beaten track.