Search the best hotels in Les Diablerets
About Les Diablerets
Perched in the shadow of enormous snow-capped mountains, Les Diablerets is a properly picturesque base for outdoor adventurers, both in snowy winters and beautiful Alpine summers. There’s a broad choice of accommodation options on offer, from simple guesthouses to impressive nineteenth century chalets, catering to a range of budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Les Diablerets boasts lovely family-friendly properties, as well as calm and cosy Alpine retreats — all brimming with charm.
Legend has it that the Devil — Le Diable, in French — skulks in the crevasses of the imposing rock wall which surrounds the village, hence Les Diablerets’ evocative name. Devil myths aside, this idyllic Alpine village is the perfect place for adventurous mountain holidays. Hit the slopes on skis, zip down the 7km toboggan run, embark upon a snowshoe walk, or try your hand at ice wall climbing. Visit during the summer months for hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails, dirt biking or paragliding — not for the faint-hearted! The enormous Glacier 3000 ski area is also nearby, offering more than 125km of pistes and snow-parks at an altitude of up to 3000m, even in the summer.
Adventuring aside, guided tours of the Bex Salt Works offer an intriguing insight into the area’s rich history, whilst the Aigle Viticultural Museum is a wonderful place to discover the region’s Alpine wines. Whether you’re an experienced skiier, a hardened hiker or a young family eager to get little ones zig-zagging through the snow, Les Diablerets is an outdoor wonderland, with stacks for the whole family to do. Top things off by booking a room at one of the best places to stay in Les Diablerets, ending superb days with great regional cuisine and snug chalet evenings.
The best places to stay in Les Diablerets
- Hotel Le Chamois is an excellent family-run hotel in the heart of the village. Spacious rooms boast traditional Alpine touches, and many have balconies with superb views over the surrounding mountains. Beds can be added for little ones, and visitors under the age of nine stay for free!
- Auberge de la Poste is an authentic Alpine retreat, with gorgeous wood panelling and a cosy restaurant serving tasty regional fare in an eighteenth century chalet. Family suites with snug bunks and sofa beds sleep up to 6 people, making this a lovely option if travelling with children or as a group.
- Hotel Restaurant Les Lilas is a traditional property with snug pine-clad rooms, a lovely restaurant serving regional cuisine and bar which is straight out of an Alpine dream. Junior Suites offer space for a third adult or child, whilst the village location offers easy access to amenities. Great for family trips!
For tranquil charm
- Chalet la Croisee offers lovely pinewood rooms and contemporary bathrooms in a beautifully renovated chalet. The dining room is snug and warm, with a roaring fireplace and a reading corner. Ideal for couples looking for intimacy and authenticity.
- Boutique Hotel du Pillon boasts 14 comfortable bedrooms in a big country house built in the 1880s. Picture a games room, a pretty garden, an excellent restaurant and a charming old-fashioned feel, with antique decor sourced by a Parisian art dealer. Pick this place for tranquility and stunning views from the outskirts of the village.
- Chalet de Kalbermatten is a quaint and quiet chalet offering some of the best views in Les Diablerets. Cosy wood-panelled rooms blend Alpine style with chintz or plaid fabrics, whilst bathrooms are smart and modern. A calm & restful choice in a more secluded location.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport is in Geneva, and arranging onward transport to Les Diablerets is very straightforward. The journey should take around 1.5 - 2 hours by taxi. Alternatively, there are regular 3 hour trains from Geneva to Les Diablerets via Aigle. Buses are also available from Aigle.
- Contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- This is a wonderful winter destination, but fantastic hiking trails also make it a beautiful region to explore in the summer. The ski season finishes late, and the best time to visit is between February and April, when the temperature averages at around 2°C. Do book your stay well in advance as accommodation fills up fast!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Gstaad.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in Switzerland.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Les Diablerets
Best Hotels in Les Diablerets
Hotel Le Chamois Les Diablerets 55 rooms from £97Back to Nature - The hotel offers great views of the surrounding mountains which you can explore on skis, on foot or on bike!Families - Family suites available and there are plenty of activities to keep the kids busy during the dayActive Holiday - Easy access to the ski slopes of Les Diablarets as well as hiking, curling and swimming nearbyGreat walks - The surrounding mountains offer a number of beautiful hiking trails
Le Chamois is a charming family run hotel in the heart of Les Diablerets. With rooms decorated in an Alpine style, many of which have fantastic mountain views. The hotel has its own gym and sauna as well as lots of local skiing and hiking. With suites available it's a great choice for families. See More
Auberge de la Poste Les Diablerets (Les Diablarets) 8 rooms from £109Families - Pet friendly, family suites makes this the perfect family stayBack to Nature - Experience the very best of the stunning Swiss AlpsGreat walks - As well as skiing, there are great hiking routesOutstanding location
Built in 1789 this historic ski chalet is great for families. Wood panelling and traditional Alpine style decoration creates a cosy feel, whilst the restaurant specialising in traditional Swiss cuisine, is a welcome treat after a day on the slope. Ski hire, storage and passes can all be arranged. See More
Hotel Restaurant Les Lilas Les Diablerets 10 rooms from £116Country Escape - A charming 1891 cottage offering cosy rooms and incredible views of the Valais Alps.Foodies - An indulgent restaurant serves dishes of the season and region.Local markets - Check out the Oyster and Foie Gras Festival during the winter season.Full of character
An atmospheric lodge located in the pretty mountain village of Les Diablerets. Traditional throughout, rooms feature pine clad walls and charming beamed ceilings. The cosy restaurant serves regional cuisine and is the ideal place to unwind after a day outdoors. A quintessentially Alpine experience. See More
Chalet la Croisee Les Diablerets 3 rooms from £130Skiing - 125km of ski slopes including glacier skiing. A good range of runs to suit all abilities.Hideaway - A small hotel in a remote mountain location - ideal for getting away from it all.Active Holiday - Ski, walk or cycle through the Diableret mountains.Full of character
A lovingly renovated chalet with stunning views of the picturesque Diablerets. Cosy rooms feature pine clad walls, crisp white linen and spacious contemporary bathrooms. A snug dining room, complete with reading corner and fireplace, is ideal for whiling away an evening. The perfect alpine hideaway. See More
Boutique Hotel du Pillon Les Diablerets 12 rooms from £161Families - Has its own childrens playground and family roomsActive Holiday - Ski in the winter and hike in the summer!Great walks - The glacier of Les Diablarets offers many fantastic trailsOutstanding location
Charming country house with a cosy atmosphere and stunning panoramic mountain views. Only a two minute drive from Les Diablarets it's perfect for those on a ski holiday, whilst in the summer you can take advantage of the large garden to sit back and take in the beautiful surroundings. Très bon. See More
Chalet de Kalbermatten Les Diablerets (Route des Bains) 11 rooms from £234Active Holiday - A skier's, walker's or mountainbiker's haven with the Alps right on your doorstep.Skiing - 30km of pistes to explore and just 500m from the nearest lift.Great walks - Over 150km of marked hiking trails with varying difficulties for all levels of fitness.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive 13th century Sion castles.
A quaint chalet with stunning mountain views. Charming rooms with light wood panelled walls, chintz fabrics and delightfully modern bathrooms. Large terraces to sit with an evening drink. Access to the restaurant at the sister hotel just opposite the property. An ideal Alpine base. See More