Search the best hotels in Les Diablerets
About Les Diablerets
An important centre for adventure sports, Les Diablerets sits in the shadow of looming great mountains. Near the enormous Glacier 3000 ski area, it is the perfect place for a family skiing holiday, boasting excellent amenities and activities to choose from. The accommodation choice is broad aswell; our pick of the best places to stay in Les Diablerets range from family friendly stays to chic boutiques.
Nestling between Lake Geneva and Gstaad, the massif rock wall that surrounds the village is, according to legend, where the Devil skulks. After all, Le Diable is French for The Devil. However, in spite of this tradition, the village offers near-celestial levels of accommodation and facilities: sitting alongside three ski regions, including the enormous Glacier 3000 ski area, it has access to over 125km of pistes and snowparks, at an altitude of up to 3000m.
Even in the blazing sun of early summer, you can still find skiers conquering the highest slopes! Whether you're tobogganing down the 7km run, going on a snowshoe walk, ice wall climbing, dirt-biking and paragliding in the summer, you will never be short of something to do. Hiking is incredibly popular here, as Les Diablerets boasts well over 250km's of hiking trails.
What not to miss
- Conquer the Glacier 3000 ski area, even in summer, with over 125km-worth of pistes and snowparks!
- Go on a guided tour of the nearby Bex Salt Works.
- Enjoy hiking along the 250km of trails.
- During the summertime, (and if you're feeling brave), go paragliding.
- If you've ever fancied the chance to go snowbiking, ice-wall climbing or snowshoe walking, then this is the place for you.
- Learn more about wine-making at the Aigle Viticultural Museum.
This is a popular spot so to ensure you get a room at one of the best places to stay in Les Diablerets we recommend planning your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Les Diablerets
- Hotel Le Chamois: a family-run hotel offering spacious and contemporary Alpine suites, it boasts its own sauna and gym - perfect after a long day on the slopes - and has convenient access to local skiing and hiking. Ideal for families.
- Auberge de la Poste: an 18th century chalet decorated with gorgeous wood panelling and Alpine decor. Offering a restaurant serving sumptuous regional fare, cosy rooms and ski hire & storage facilities.
- Hotel Restaurant: traditional throughout, the property boasts beautiful pineclad rooms and panelled ceilings. The cosy restaurant serves regional cuisine of a high standard and is the perfect snug retreat after a tiring day conquering the pistes.
- Chalet la Croisee: a beautifully renovated chalet offering cosy pinewood rooms and contemporary bathrooms. The dining room is snug and warm, boasting a roaring fireplace and a reading corner. Ideal for couples looking for intimacy and authenticity.
- Boutique Hotel du Pillon: on the outskirts of the village, this unbelievably picturesque country house is the ideal place for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Boasting a games room, garden and an excellent restaurant, this hotel simply screams charm and sophistication.
- Chalet de Kalbermatten: a quaint and quiet chalet offering some of the best views in Les Diablerets. With rooms that marry Alpine style with chic sensibilities, boasting chintz fabrics and modern bathrooms, and access to the nearby restaurant of the sister hotel.
For an apartment or chalet
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Geneva, 2 hours away, and get an airport transfer or taxi to Les Diablerets. You can also get a train to Aigle, from where you can get a bus to Les Diablerets.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is between February and April when the temperature averages at around 2 degrees. The ski season finishes late in Les Diablerets, so there is nearly always a chance to go skiing!
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Les Diablerets
Hotel Le Chamois Les Diablerets 55 rooms from £97
Le Chamois is a charming family run hotel in the heart of Les Diablerets. With rooms decorated in an Alpine style, many of which have fantastic mountain views. The hotel has its own gym and sauna as well as lots of local skiing and hiking. With suites available it's a great choice for families.Back to Nature - The hotel offers great views of the surrounding mountains which you can explore on skis, on foot or on bike!Families - Family suites available and there are plenty of activities to keep the kids busy during the dayActive Holiday - Easy access to the ski slopes of Les Diablarets as well as hiking, curling and swimming nearbyGreat walks - The surrounding mountains offer a number of beautiful hiking trails
Auberge de la Poste Les Diablerets (Les Diablarets) 8 rooms from £109
Built in 1789 this historic ski chalet is great for families. Wood panelling and traditional Alpine style decoration creates a cosy feel, whilst the restaurant specialising in traditional Swiss cuisine, is a welcome treat after a day on the slope. Ski hire, storage and passes can all be arranged.Families - Pet friendly, family suites makes this the perfect family stayBack to Nature - Experience the very best of the stunning Swiss AlpsGreat walks - As well as skiing, there are great hiking routesOutstanding location
Hotel Restaurant Les Lilas Les Diablerets 10 rooms from £116
An atmospheric lodge located in the pretty mountain village of Les Diablerets. Traditional throughout, rooms feature pine clad walls and charming beamed ceilings. The cosy restaurant serves regional cuisine and is the ideal place to unwind after a day outdoors. A quintessentially Alpine experience.Country Escape - A charming 1891 cottage offering cosy rooms and incredible views of the Valais Alps.Foodies - An indulgent restaurant serves dishes of the season and region.Local markets - Check out the Oyster and Foie Gras Festival during the winter season.Full of character
Chalet la Croisee Les Diablerets 3 rooms from £130
A lovingly renovated chalet with stunning views of the picturesque Diablerets. Cosy rooms feature pine clad walls, crisp white linen and spacious contemporary bathrooms. A snug dining room, complete with reading corner and fireplace, is ideal for whiling away an evening. The perfect alpine hideaway.Skiing - 125km of ski slopes including glacier skiing. A good range of runs to suit all abilities.Hideaway - A small hotel in a remote mountain location - ideal for getting away from it all.Active Holiday - Ski, walk or cycle through the Diableret mountains.Full of character
Boutique Hotel du Pillon Les Diablerets 12 rooms from £161
Charming country house with a cosy atmosphere and stunning panoramic mountain views. Only a two minute drive from Les Diablarets it's perfect for those on a ski holiday, whilst in the summer you can take advantage of the large garden to sit back and take in the beautiful surroundings. Très bon.Families - Has its own childrens playground and family roomsActive Holiday - Ski in the winter and hike in the summer!Great walks - The glacier of Les Diablarets offers many fantastic trailsOutstanding location
Chalet de Kalbermatten Les Diablerets (Route des Bains) 11 rooms from £234
A quaint chalet with stunning mountain views. Charming rooms with light wood panelled walls, chintz fabrics and delightfully modern bathrooms. Large terraces to sit with an evening drink. Access to the restaurant at the sister hotel just opposite the property. An ideal Alpine base.Active Holiday - A skier's, walker's or mountainbiker's haven with the Alps right on your doorstep.Skiing - 30km of pistes to explore and just 500m from the nearest lift.Great walks - Over 150km of marked hiking trails with varying difficulties for all levels of fitness.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive 13th century Sion castles.