- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Fethiye
On a broad bay dotted with pretty islands, Fethiye has one of the most beautiful natural harbours on the Turkish Mediterranean coast. It's also within a short drive of two of Turkey's most beautiful beaches, Çal Beach and Ölüdeniz and the best places to stay in Fethiye offer easy access to both.
Considering its natural assets, Fethiye is relatively small - due to its precarious position as far as earthquakes are concerned. But these dramatic, destructive moments in the town's history only make it a fascinating as well as beautiful place to visit.
The last big earthquake happened in 1958 levelling the town, apart from the ruins of the ancient city of Telmessos which have survived numerous earthquakes. Hence the neat, low rise buildings are all relatively new.
Fethiye is probably the only town in the world where you'll find sarcophagus in the streets that are beautifully lit up at night. These Lycian relics, like the wonderful tombs cut into the cliffs above the town, give Fethiye a totally unique look and feel.
Swim, lounge, parasail, paraglide, sea kayak, sail, jet ski, Fethiye is a wonderful place to be out on the water. It is one of the best places in the world to try paragliding, because of the spectacular view of Ölüdeniz's perfect lagoon on descent.
This is also a great spot for island hopping and an armada of small vessels leaves port every morning to explore the charming islands dotted around the bay.
What Not To Miss
- The Lycian Way extends over 500kms along the coastal area of the ancient land of Lycia, between Fethiye and Antalya, and is recognised as one of the world's best long-distance walks - for more information visit Walkopedia. Spectacular and remote, you pass through beautiful countryside scattered with the reminders of past civilisations. Even if you're not planning to do the whole thing, there are still plenty of small sections you can do around Fethiye.
- Saklikent Gorge is another great hiking spot close to Fethiye, as is Kayakoy, the ghost village, which is the ruins of a Greek village abandoned in 1923 when Greece and Turkey had mandatory population swaps. Fethiye is also a good place to stay if you want to explore some of the great ruins of the Lycian Coast.
- Fethiye also has plenty of free attractions, such as the great Tuesday farmers' market, an impressive Roman Amphitheatre, a fort, the rock tombs - including the huge Tomb of Amyntas - and a museum housing fascinating items from the tombs and the ruined towns.
If you're coming in the busy summer months then be sure to book ahead as the best places to stay on Fethiye get quickly filled up!
The Best Places to Stay in Fethiye
For the beach
- The Oyster Residences are one of the best places to stay in Fethiye if you're here for the beautiful beaches. Right on a private stretch of beach, the Oyster Residences also has a lovely green garden and an inviting looking lagoon pool.
- The cliffside Hotel Unique is a lovely spot, offering boutique rooms - featuring light hues and wooden furnishings - as well an outdoor pool and restaurant. Plus, you're just minutes away from the beach!
- With no less than three private beaches to enjoy, Hillside Beach Club is the perfect coastal getaway! Their whitewashed accommodation is charming and comfortable, whilst there are also all the mod cons. you could possibly need for a wonderful stay
- The Villa Mandarin, perched on the cliffs with spectacular beach views, is one of the best places to stay in Fethiye for walkers. It's an eight room country house with plenty of charm, sea views from private balconies and gourmet Turkish food. If you want to explore the Lycian Way they have special weeks with guided walks during April, May and October.
- The hilltop Olive Garden Kabak offers dreamy views of Kabak Bay and simple cabin style accommodation. Spend your days exploring the Lycian Way or simply relax under the sun by the outdoor pool.
On a budget
- The 14 rooms of the Yonca Lodge are split between four different houses, set amongst beautiful fruit trees and green lawns, in the spectacularly beautiful Gulf of Fethiye. Sun loungers sit waiting for you along the beach, chickens and ducks mess around in the gardens and there's an open-air bar and great restaurant serving local produce. All starting from just £85 per night.
- Boasting an enviable location overlooking the Gulf of Fethiye, Yacht Classic Hotel boasts light and airy contemporary accommodation with suites available. There are plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained, whilst the grown ups can unwind in the extensive spa.
- Set just 750m from the coast, La Boutique Maya boasts comfortable and unfussy accommodation with family suites available. If you don't fancy spending your days by the pool then there are plenty of activities in the surrounding area to keep you all entertained.
- Avalon Hotel boasts 11 private wooden balconies in a stunning setting, offering wonderful views of the surrounding area. The accommodation is utterly charming, with creamy fabrics and wooden furnishings. It's also adults only - the ideal romantic getaway!
- Perdue Hotel is a rather unique stay, offering individual bamboo houses in a secluded forest setting right by the sea. A wonderfully romantic hideaway which will be sure to leave you feeling utterly rejuvenated!
For An Apartment or Villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Fethiye is nicest weather-wise in the summer, with the average daily temperature rising to 28°C in July and August.
- This however is peak season, so for a quieter and potentially cheaper alternative consider coming in May, September or October. Don't worry, the weather's still lovely enough to spend your days lounging on the beach!
- International visitors can fly into Dalaman Airport before taking a direct bus service to Fethiye, a journey which takes around an hour.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Fethiye
Yonca Lodge 14 rooms from £68Fethiye (Yaniklar Koyu)
It's all in the location at this small hotel set in stunning gardens with a private beach. Traditionally styled rooms feature open fireplaces and terraces. Mediterranean and Aegean cuisine is served by a stream. An abundance of activities within easy access. Ideal for family holidays.Eco break - Great attention is paid to eco processes and sustainability- all natural building materials and the restaurant is organic.Total relaxation - Unwind in the lovely organic fruit orchards, overlooking the beach with comforting home cooked meals served al fresco.Diving - Head to one of the local dive centres and explore the crystal clear fish filled waters.Fishing - Fishing is available from the hotel, without charge. Try your hand at catching dinner!
Hotel Unique, Fethiye 19 rooms from £70Fethiye
Built in line with traditional Turkish custom, this boutique hotel exudes local originality. From its Lycian ruins entrance to stone and wood walls, it's a celebration of Fethiye's culture. Explore the stunning coastline or dive into enthralling market streets. Ideal for a taste of Turkish culture.Romantic Break - A deeply romantic resort with elegant suites overlooking the turquoise waters, Turkish hammam and fantastic food.Beach Life - An incredible cliff-side resort carved into a series of terraces leading down to the sparkling Aegean Sea.Local markets - Check out the local market place, within a short walk of the hotel.Sights nearby - The Telmessos Rock Tombs are within a mile of the hotel.Recommended by - Tablet
Yacht Classic Hotel 35 rooms from £85Fethiye
Luxury hotel overlooking the Gulf of Fethiye. Rooms light, spacious and contemporary with elegant furnishings and french doors that open out to private sit-out balconies. With Turkish baths, glorious outdoor swimming pools, spa, private marina, outdoor restaurant and bar. A place to unwind.Views - To sea, over garden, to mountainsSwimming Pool - Outdoor, with children's areaSights nearby - Rock tombs, ancient citiesSailing - Overlooking the marina
La Boutique Maya 30 rooms from £88Fethiye (Olu Deniz)
Just 750 yards from Oludeniz Beach, with a large swimming pool and many activities this hotel is a family friendly affair. A buffet continental breakfast is served plus the restaurant offers international cuisine. Light, freshly coloured rooms include patterned wallpaper and throws and balconies.Families - Family suites, large pool and plenty of activities this property is great for families.Value chic - Excellent value for money you can bring the entire family and their friends!Diving - Dive reefs, wrecks and caves and spot some giant turtles!Private Hot Tub - Penthouse rooms have a terrace with private jacuzzi
Oyster Residences 25 rooms from £116Fethiye (Olu Deniz)
A romantic beach side property set in pretty gardens overlooking the beach. Light airy rooms with mosquito net draped beds and large modern bathrooms. A terraced restaurant specialises in Mediterranean seafood. Lounge by the pool sipping on cocktails. Ideal for a couples escape.Honeymoons - An elegant and grown up hotel featuring a romantic honeymoon suite with seperate entrance and terrace overlooking the beach.Beach Life - Set on the extensive white stretch of sand of Belcekız Beach, bask in the turquoise waters and enjoy sunset walks.Diving - There are diving opportunities in Ölüdeniz and further away near Kaş.Kayaking - Explore the coves in a sea kayak either on a day or a night tour.
Avalon Hotel, Fethiye 11 rooms from £110Fethiye (Fethiye/Mugla)
A picturesque paradise on the Aegean Sea. Avalon's eleven beautifully simple bungalows are designed to compliment their gorgeous surroundings. Explore a coastline packed with antiquated heritage or simply luxuriate by the pool. A wondrous delight, perfect for an intimate romantic getaway.Romantic Break - A stunningly beautiful adults only resort overlooking Kabak Bay, with fantastic restaurant and indulgent private villas.Back to Nature - Wooden bungalows scattered amongst olive groves and fruit trees with flower filled gardens on this enchanting island.Sailing - Charter a boat to explore the coves and beaches along the coast, or head for a day trip to the island monastery of St Nicholas.Sights nearby - Telmessos Rock Tombs and Kayakoy Ghost Town are both around ten miles away.Recommended by - I Escape
Hillside Beach Club 330 rooms from £156Fethiye (Muğla)
Nestled on Fethiye’s Mediterranean coast this resort boats three private beaches (one adults only) no less than five bars, three restaurants and a nightclub. There are kids clubs, arts and crafts, tennis court and many water and outdoor activities. Modern rooms have private balconies views that wow.Diving - There is a diving school on the beach and you can aquire certification should you not already have it.Sailing - The hotel organises day trips to your choice of the surrounding islands.Secluded setting - For escaping.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Villa Mandarin 8 rooms from £189Fethiye (Uzunyurt)
Fabulous country house on a cliff top overlooking Turkey's best virgin beaches. Beautiful creamy rooms and suites, stunning gardens and pool, fantastic Turkish food, and lots of sports and beach activities. Romantic, gourmet, active and relaxing. Perfect for honeymoons. Prices quoted for half board.Foodies - Fantastic Turkish food, five-course dinners.Beach Life - Turkey's best beaches.Active Holiday - Fantastic hiking.HoneymoonsRecommended by - I Escape
Perdue Butik Hotel 8 rooms from £202Fethiye (Uzunyurt Koyu)
Perdue Hotel features individual bamboo houses dotted around in a secluded forest setting. Each suite comes with a wooden floor, air conditioning, private balcony and a hot tub- perfect for enjoying the evening views. Let this stunning, serene spot reignite your romance and totally reenergise you.Romantic Break - Relax by the beach, watch the sun set over the sea and enjoy a candelit evening dinner-what could be better?Back to Nature - The hotel enjoys a fabulous seafront location surrounded by pine forests and with its own private beachBeach Life - With the beach so close by you can spend your days sunbathing or swimming in the seaTotal relaxation - Make the most out of the peace and quiet of this secluded spot to fully unwind