Search the best hotels in Kiev
Kiev is one of Europe’s oldest cities. Some of its buildings date back to the 5th century, though people were living on these banks of the Dnipro River even earlier. As you would expect with such a historically significant location, Kiev is awash with grand and beautiful architecture, but it’s also a surprisingly eclectic place. The best places to stay in Kiev are set around the heart of the city, near the river and Kreshchatyk, the main avenue. Visitors are well catered for with grand luxury hotels, while chic, design spots offer a slick, trendy alternative.
Modern Kiev has been through two revolutions in the past couple of decades, so despite its age, it still feels fresh and even a bit rebellious! The city has an excellent array of cultural attractions from classics such as the National Museum, St. Sophia’s Cathedral, and the Royal Palace, to sites of more recent significance. There is a lot of contemporary history here that is equally fascinating to discover including Maidan Nezalezhnosti, which was transformed into a guerrilla camp besieged by government forces, or the Chernobyl Museum.
Beyond its cultural lures, Kiev is a lively, forward-looking city. Days can easily be lost strolling around the Podil and the Hidropark or hanging out at the beach and in cafes and restaurants.Our pick of the best places to stay in Kiev offers stylish modern accommodation in the heart of this fascinating city.
The best places to stay in Kiev
For a design hotel
- 11 Mirrors Hotel is a fashionable, centrally located bolthole, with 47 chic rooms boasting crisp, sharp lines and a monochrome palette. The hotel prides itself on its top-notch concierge service - adept at booking tickets to stand-out concerts and last-minute tables at Kiev's best restaurants. The bar, lounge and restaurant are exceptional too. A modern design hotel for well-heeled city travellers.
- Bursa Hotel is a seriously cool design spot in central Kiev. Split between a 19th-century building and a newer block, the 33 rooms feature a bold, distinctive style, including colourful Bauhaus furniture, exposed walls and Japanese screens. There's a bar, restaurant and art gallery, too. A top pick for culture and design aficionados.
- Riviera House showcases slick, modern design elements in its 80 rooms and suites. Think soothing tones, quirky wallpapers and contemporary furnishings. The building itself is charming, many of the rooms have stunning river views, and there are rejuvenating masages to try at the lovely spa. KAMA, the hotel's trendy Pan-Asian restaurant, is one of the best in the city. A beautiful boutique pick for foodies or design-minded visitors.
For Heritage Luxury
- Opera Hotel is Kiev's smallest 5* hotel, with 133 impressive rooms and seven sumptuous themed suites. Lavishly apppointed and featuring fantastic facilities -- including the gorgeous Diva Spa -- this is a wonderfully indulgent choice. With previous guests including the likes of Tchaikovsky, Danish royalty and Britney Spears, this historic property has a well-deserved reputation for charm and extravagance.
- Intercontinental Kyiv is widely regarded as the city's top hotel. Expect 272 spacious rooms and suites, with appealingly luxurious interiors and striking city views. Unwind at the exntensive spa and enjoy delectable fare at the three on-site restaurants. Great for stylish families or couples, and set within reach of the main sights.
- Owntown offers five superb self-catering apartments just behind Kiev's main street - perfect for groups or families. The vibe is minimalist industrial-chic, and there's a brilliant sustainable focus. Well-located for exploring and ideally equipped for cooking up a feast or relaxing as a family, this is an excellent Kiev base for larger groups.
For an intimate B&B
- MaNNa Boutique Hotel is a characterful B&B in the historic Vozdvizhenska area. Expect beautiful bathrooms with free-standing tubs and quirky touches in the seven individually-designed rooms and suites. One for romantic couples or travellers in search of a quiet, intimate feel and a great location for on-foot discoveries.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option for your holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Kyiv Boryspil International Airport, located 36km (22 miles) from the city centre, and travel to the central railway station by Sky Bus or taxi.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Kiev, with train connections to all major cities in Ukraine as well as international cities -- including Budapest, Prague and Moscow.
- If you would like to hire a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit from May through to September for warm weather, ideal for exploring everything the city has to offer.
Still not sure?
- Explore our pick of the best places to stay in Lviv.
- Widen the net to see all the best places to stay in Ukraine.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kiev
Best Hotels in Kiev
Owntown Kiev 5 rooms from £68Families - Children will love the raised beds in the Compact Studio and parents will appreiciate the space and excellent facilitiesEco break - There is a strong focus on sustainability; recycling, composting, developing ecological products and avoiding plasticGroups - An ideal base for large groups of friends, taking over either one or all of the apartmentsSights nearby - Visit a range of Kiev's cultural sites in the neighbourhood including Art Nouveau 'House with Chimaeras' and Brodsky Synagogue
Self-catered apartment-hotel located behind Kiev's main street. 5 very well-equipped and unique apartments share a pared-back monochrome minimalist style with brick walls and Scandinavian furniture. Food is provided on arrival and the excellent kitchens make it a pleasure to stay in and cook. See More
MaNNa Boutique Hotel Kiev 7 rooms from £91Local exploring - The property will suit those who don't spend a lot of time in-property and prefer to be out exploringSights nearby - Within walking distance find the House of Peter the Great, Saint Andrew's Church, Andriyivski Uzviz and Kontraktova SquareRestrictions on children - The property is adult focused and only accepts children over 10Full of character
A boutique hotel located in the city's historic Vozdvizhenska district. 7 characterful rooms and suites vary greatly, all with their own unique style; several have beautiful bathrooms and stand-alone tubs. There is no restaurant but this is a great base to return to after exploring the city. See More
Bursa Hotel Kiev 33 rooms from £148City Style - Stay here to feel the city's pulse and energy; the property is a hub for art-lovers and creativesSights nearby - Kontraktova Square, House of Peter the Great, Andriyivsky Descent and Saint Andrew's Church are all in the areaDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Height of cool boutique hotel in central Kiev. 33 rooms are split between a heritage 19th-century building and newer block, but all share a distinctive style; Japanese-style screens, Bauhaus furniture, monochrome colour-scheme and exposed walls. Complete with a restaurant, bar and art gallery. See More
Opera Hotel Kiev 140 rooms from £151Local exploring - Located on the crossroads of Kiev's historic, cultural and business districts, making this a great base for exploring the cityHistoric - The property has welcomed famous guests over the years from Tchaikovsky and Listz to Britney Spears and Danish royaltyGreat walks - Take a stroll through Podol, one of the city centre's oldest and most characterful neighbourhoods, with its cafes and churchesSights nearby - Kiev's Opera House, St Sophia's and St Volodymyr’s cathedrals, Golden Gate and Gardens are walking distance
The smallest 5* hotel in Kiev boasts unparalleled service and facilities. In addition to 133 spacious rooms, 7 themed suites really stand-out. The breakfast buffet is an extravagant affair, and there is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar. Enjoy the Diva Spa or explore Kiev's sites on your doorstep. See More
Riviera House Kiev 80 rooms from £168Foodies - The hotel's restaurant - KAMA - is beautiful and delicious in equal measure and is considered a top gourmet address in the cityCity Style - Combining river views, central and park-facing location with top dining and a spa, this is a fantastic urban retreatSights nearby - Walk to a range of key sites: Poshtova Square, St. Michael's Golden-Domed monastery and Andriyivski UzvizGreat walks - A short walk takes you to the iconic People's Friendship Arch and Kontraktova Square
Highly-rated boutique hotel with an excellent location in central Kiev. Interiors combine contemporary furniture in jewel-like tones with high ceilings and unique wallpapers. 80 rooms and suites are a haven in the city and many have stunning river views. There is an popular restaurant on property. See More
11 Mirrors Hotel Kiev 47 rooms from £184Concierge - Notable concierge - go out of their way to organise events and days for guestsElegantSwimming Pool - Swimming pool off-siteSpa - Spa off-site
Style, comfort and guest satisfaction are key in this fashionable, centrally-located design hotel. 11 Mirrors prides itself on services from booking tickets to sold-out concerts, to securing reservations in exclusive restaurants. This is well complimented by an excellent restaurant, bar and lounge. See More
Intercontinental Kyiv Kiev 272 rooms from £253City Style - Favoured by international ambassadors, high-end tourists and Kiev's upper echalons, you will be surrounded by a chic crowdBusiness meetings - Built in 2009 with business travellers in mind, the hotel's meeting spaces and conference facilites are world-classLocal exploring - One of the best-located luxury hotels in Kiev, everything worth visiting is a stone's throw from the propertySights nearby - Kiev's main sites are all within 10 minutes walk: Maidan Square, Volodymyrska Hill, National Museum and St Sophia’s Cathedral
Luxury hotel considered the best in Kiev. 272 rooms and suites have plush interiors, first-class amenities and many have great views. An ideal central location with top cultural sites on the doorstep, 3 diverse restaurants and an extensive spa make this one of the city's top addresses. See More