Search the best hotels in Kiev
Kiev is one of Europe’s oldest cities. Some of its buildings date back to the 5th century, though people were living on these banks of the Dnipro River even earlier. As you would expect with such a historically significant location, Kiev is awash with grand and beautiful architecture, but it’s also a surprisingly eclectic place. The best places to stay in Kiev are set around the heart of the city, near the river and Kreshchatyk, the main avenue. Visitors are well catered for with old traditional hotels offering grandeur while chic contemporary stays add a little luxury.
Modern Kiev has been through two revolutions in the past couple of decades, so despite its age, it still feels fresh and even a bit rebellious! The city has an excellent array of cultural attractions from the obvious such as the National Museum, St. Sophia’s Cathedral, and the Royal Palace to the more modern. There is a lot of contemporary history here that is equally fascinating to visit including Maidan Nezalezhnosti, which was transformed into a guerrilla camp besieged by government forces or the Chernobyl Museum.
Beyond its cultural lures, Kiev is a lively, forward-looking city. Days can easily be lost strolling around the Podil and the Hidropark and hanging out at the beach and in cafes and restaurants.Our pick of the best places to stay in Kyiv offers stylish modern accommodation in the heart of this fascinating city.
The best places to stay in Kiev
For a central location
- The 11 Mirrors Hotel is fashionable and centrally located with 47 rooms and great concierge service. There’s also an excellent bar, lounge and restaurant.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option for your holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for exploring this fascinating city.
- Fly to Kyiv Boryspil International Airport located 36km (22 miles) from the city centre with a range of international and domestic carriers.
- The airport also has a Sky Bus that connects it with the central railway station.
- Or catch a train to Kiev, with train connections to all major cities in Ukraine alongside International destinations such as Budapest, Prague and Moscow.
- if you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the warmer months from May through to September typically provide warm weather ideal for exploring everything the city has to offer.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Kiev
11 Mirrors Hotel Kiev 47 rooms from £184Concierge - Notable concierge - go out of their way to organise events and days for guestsElegantSwimming Pool - Swimming pool off-siteSpa - Spa off-site
Style, comfort and guest satisfaction are key in this fashionable, centrally-located design hotel. 11 Mirrors prides itself on services from booking tickets to sold-out concerts, to securing reservations in exclusive restaurants. This is well complimented by an excellent restaurant, bar and lounge. See More