Congratulations - your website is looking brilliant. Libbla Kelly.
Search the best hotels in County Armagh
About County Armagh
As William of Orange marched his troops to the Battle of the Boyne, he is said to have had quenched the thirst of his troops with Armagh cider. This battle was and is contentious, drawing the tribal battlelines between Protestants and Catholics to this very day: the skyline of the city of Armagh alludes to this discord, two cathedrals - one Roman Catholic, the other Church of Ireland - face each other from opposite ends of the valley, and surrounding Armagh lie 6000 acres of Bramley apple trees, still faithfully producing delectable cider. A fascinating region boasting a rich heritage and outstanding natural beauty, it has a wild and green landscape peppered with ancient cairns, dolmens and pagan ceremonial sites; with picturesque parks brimming with butterflies and insect-eating plants, extinct volcanos and some truly amazing museums, you will undoubtedly fall for this beautiful region. The best places to stay in County Armagh tend to be charming and traditional, ideal for a truly authentic stay.
What not to miss
- Trek through the Peatlands Park, amidst wildlife, bogs, orchards, butterflies and insect-eating plants.
- Hike up the Slieve Gullion, an extinct and extremely beautiful volcano.
- Walk to the top of either cathedral in the city of Armagh and enjoy the spellbinding views from the top.
- Visit the Armagh County Museum and admire the prehistoric artefacts and modern artworks.
- Explore Navan Fort, an ancient pagan ceremonial site dedicated to the Celtic war goddess Macha.
- If you're there in March, go wild with locals on St. Patrick's Day.
With unbelievable natural beauty and fascinating historic sites, County Armagh is the perfect holiday destination. Browse through our list of the best places to stay in County Armagh to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in County Armagh
- Newforge House: if you like 3-course dining, elegant Georgian interiors, sprawling estate grounds, original oil paintings and roaring fireplaces, this is the place for you. A beautiful country house, offering rooms blending classic elegance with contemporary comforts, it is a charming rural getaway for couples on a romantic break.
For an apartment or cottage
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of cottages and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Belfast International Airport and either get a bus or train to Armagh, roughly an hour's journey.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 9 and 20 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Northern Ireland
- or the United Kingdom
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in County Armagh
Newforge House Craigavon, Co. Armagh, County Armagh 6 rooms from £190
Sophisticated family-run country house hotel with excellent food. Original Georgian interiors have been updated with modern elegance - fireplaces, large sash windows, paintings, and tasteful furniture are highlighted by lots of natural light and subtle tones. A romantic escape with plenty to offer.Foodies - Fine three course dining offering seasonal dishesGreat walks - Lurgan, Moira and Hillsborough ParksSights nearby - Lurgan Park & Brownlow HouseSailing - Kinnego MarinaRecommended by - Sawdays