- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Norwich
The capital of Norfolk has expansive views and a relaxed attitude, Norwich is a beautiful, easy-going city with plenty of notable architecture arranged within a charming warren of alleyways. The best places to stay in Norwich will be well located within this area.
Most of the grand buildings were built during the town’s wool boom. There is also an impressively well preserved Norman castle and an awe-inspiring Anglican cathedral, with a spire second only in height to Salisbury.
What not to Miss
Norwich’s other sights include the Bridewell Museum - a 14th Century women’s prison, Blickling Hall, the old Bishop’s Palace and an impressive Market Square surrounded by lovely little streets of half timbered houses, many now home to antique shops. And, of course, you are very close to the Norfolk Broads.
Norwich has a bit of a reputation for being sleepy, but there’s a large student population and some fantastic markets, so this is really a pretty lively place if you want it to be!
There’s plenty of choice when it comes to the best places to stay in Norwich and our Gurus prefer the city’s smaller properties, many with wonderful views and charming interiors.
- 38 St Giles is an elegant, eight room boutique B&B right in the heart of Norwich. Converted from a Georgian townhouse, this is a quiet, stylish spot.
A quiet hideaway
- The Old Rectory has been converted from a beautiful Georgian rectory into an eight room hotel with an outdoor pool and an acre of lovely garden. This is a lovely, peaceful spot with lots of nice communal space and grounds.
Outside the city
- Set in stunning gardens and smartly decorated throughout, the grand country house Norfolk Mead offers a tranquil setting and easy access to the city.
- The Dial House is a charming B&B in the market town of Reepham, between Norwich and the north Norfolk coast. There are eight individually decorated rooms - all quite glamorous - and an excellent restaurant also known for afternoon tea.
For a self catering apartment
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Norwich International Airport is just four miles from the centre of town and from here you’re easily connected to the rest of the world via Amsterdam or London, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Guernsey, Jersey and Manchester. You can also travel via ferry from Amsterdam or Rotterdam to Harwich, or catch the train up from London via Liverpool Street Station.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Norwich and want to see more of Norfolk - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- July and August are Norfolk’s warmest months, with temperatures between 12 and 23°C. October and November have the most rain.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Norfolk,
- Consider the best places to stay in King's Lynn,
- Or the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Norwich
The Assembly House 11 rooms from £140Norwich (Central Norfolk)
The Assembly House is set in an historic Georgian building in the heart of Norwich. The individually designed rooms are utterly delightful - spacious, tastefully furnished and with lovely marble bathrooms. Scrumptious dinners or treat yourself to afternoon tea. A simply wonderful stay.Sights nearby - Go visit Norwich Cathedral or take a tour of Carrow Road, home of Norwich City FCGreat walks - Wander around the city getting a feel for the place or head along to the coastTraditional
The Georgian Townhouse 22 rooms from £109Norwich
A traditional Georgian property with chic contemporary interiors. Spacious rooms are decorated in a steel grey which contrasts well with the polished parquet floors and crisp white linen. A lively restaurant serves locally inspired dishes and the bar has a choice selection of ales.City Style - A chic city pad complete with lively bar and excellent restaurant.Sights nearby - Stroll down to the majestic Roman Catholic Norwich Cathedral.Full of characterTraditional
38 St Giles 8 rooms from £130Norwich, Norfolk
Small boutique B+B in the heart of Norwich, for great shopping and a good value, relaxed stay.Designer Shopping - In the heart of the shopping districtSights nearby - Close to the Theatre Royal, Maddermarket and the ForumLocal markets - Norwich market on the doorstepRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
The Old Rectory, Norfolk 8 rooms from £130Norwich, Norfolk
Family run eight room Georgian Rectory just outside Norwich for quiet getaway and outside pool.Great walks - Plenty of maps and routes available plus picnics to take with you!Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool only for Summer MonthsBirdwatching - Nature reserves nearbyTraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens