- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Staffordshire
Home to rolling moorlands in the south and rising peaks in the north, Staffordshire is a county rich in natural beauty. Tucked away in the west of the Midlands, the region is also home to a host of pretty provincial towns and villages that all have their own histories to relate. The perfect destination for a weekend escape, our selection of the best places to stay in Staffordshire capture the charm and character of the county.
Things not to miss:
- Lichfield Cathedral is one of Britain's most significant medieval cathedrals and remains a magnificent architectural site to this day.
- Lichfield itself is full of historical charm and well worth a day trip to visit the Samuel Johnson birthplace Museum as well the Erasmus Darwin House.
- Northern Staffordshire is home to the Peak District National Park and is a haven for hill walkers and hikers.
- Southern Staffordshire is dominated by beautiful rolling moorland and is perfect for walking. A good day trip in the region is to walk out to Mow Cap Castle.
- For family fun, it's hard to go wrong at Alton Towers.
- Historians will be fascinated by a trip to the National Memorial Arboretum near Lichfield, which is a beautiful 150 acre centre of remembrance, home to over 300 unique memorials.
Staffordshire may not be the most famous of England's counties by is certainly not one to overlook, both for it's rural and urban landscape. Our picks of the best places to stay in Staffordshire are full of personality and individualistic charm.
The best places to stay in Staffordshire
For a heritage stay
- As soon as you approach Netherstowe House, you know that it's something special. A grade II listed building, the half-timbered red brick embodies Lichfield's rich history. With lovely rooms and two excellent dining options, it's a great base from which to explore Staffordshire.
For an apartment or cottage
- For those looking for some additional privacy, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For those flying to Staffordshire, the best option is Birmingham Airport, some thirty miles south of the Staffordshire border.
- The best way to explore the region is by car, so we recommend visiting our online car hire partner Holiday Autos.
- The summer months are the best time to visit Staffordshire.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Staffordshire
Netherstowe House 9 rooms from $150Lichfield, Staffordshire
A tree-lined drive leads to Netherstowe House, a lovely Grade II listed half-timbered building, located in the historic city of Lichfield. Bedrooms are very inviting with comfortable beds and the bathrooms come with fluffy towels and luxury toiletries. Two restaurants for formal or relaxed dining.Fishing - Fish for roach, perch, carp, pike and tench at Stowe Pool.Sights nearby - Visit the three-spired cathedral in Lichfield.Birdwatching - Bird watching at Chasewater Country ParkGreat walks - Enjoy a leisurely walk in Beacon ParkRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays