Search the best hotels in Swansea
The sprawling capital of Welsh culture, Swansea is the second-largest city in Wales. The birthplace of the poet Dylan Thomas, who described it as an "ugly, lovely town", Swansea saw a great deal of damage during WWII due to its status as an industrial powerhouse; as such, there are few intact parts of the Old Town. Jumbled tower blocks of post-war planning scrape the sky, amidst Georgian and Victorian houses on Wind Street, the graceful Uplands suburb and the wide seafront and bold new marina development. The perfect place to go for a family holiday or a romantic break, it boasts a beach 5 mins from the city centre, a number of ruined castles, clutches of excellent art galleries and museums, neolithic burial chambers, not to mention Dylan Thomas' childhood home and the Gower Peninsula - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our collection of the best places to stay in Swansea range from charming B&Bs to chic boutiques.
What not to miss
- Take a romantic stroll along the seafront.
- Head out to Arthur's Seat, a Neolithic burial chamber.
- Pay homage to the great Dylan Thomas by visiting 5 Cwmdonkin Drive - his childhood home.
- Explore Oystermouth Castle, a 12th century castle with enchanting views of Swansea Bay.
- Immerse yourself in the local arts scene at the Attic Gallery.
- Sunbathe on Swansea Beach, 5 mins from the city centre.
- Trek across the Gower Peninsula, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Understand Swansea's history at either Swansea Museum or the National Waterfront Museum.
Teeming with culture and the romance of Dylan Thomas, Swansea is a great place to go for couples looking for a romantic break. Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Swansea to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Swansea
- King Arthur Hotel is a cosy hotel ideal for a weekend break in Wales. The nineteen simple en-suite bedrooms are homely and comfortable. The restaurant has a relaxed and friendly old pub atmosphere, and there's a stunning banqueting hall for weddings.
- Morgans Townhouse is a Modernist annexe to Morgan's Hotel. Individually styled rooms with parquet floors, crisp white linen and flat screen TVs. The adjoining hotel provides style and entertainment with a slick Champagne Bar and smart yet laid backed dining. Ideally equipped for both business stays and weekend getaway.
For an apartment or cottage
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of cottages and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Cardiff International Airport, and get a train to Swansea. The journey takes less than an hour.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 12 and 19 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Wales.
- Browse through all our collection across the United Kingdom.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Swansea
Best Hotels in Swansea
Morgans Townhouse Swansea 22 rooms from £65Value chic - Stylish contemporary hotel with smart bar and restaurant, at a reasonable price.Great walks - Take a stroll around the stunning Clyde Gardens for a breath of fresh air and an exotic array of plants.Sights nearby - Near Gower Peninsula, Britain's first named Area of Outsanding Natural Beauty.Surfing - Ideal conditions at Gower Peninsular beaches.
Modernist annexe to Morgan's Hotel. Individually styled rooms with parquet floors, crisp white linen and flat screen TVs. The adjoining hotel provides style and entertainment with a slick Champagne Bar and smart yet laid backed dining. Ideally equipped for a both business and weekend getaway. See More
Morgans Hotel Swansea 42 rooms from £85Value chic - An upmarket boutique option, with fourposter beds, balconies and orginal wooden flooring- at a very reasonable price.Surfing - Beaches at Gower Peninsular have excellent surf conditions, plus the hotel provides packed lunches!Sights nearby - Just 13 miles away is Gower Peninsular, Britain's first named Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Great walks - Stroll around Clyde Gardens and admire the exotic plants, a lovely way to pass the afternoon.
Boutique chic comes to rejuvenated Swansea. Individually styled rooms perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles. Some feature heavy four poster beds. Modern light and airy bathrooms. Swansea's only Champagne Bar and an excellent restaurant make this a stylish choice. See More
Patricks with Rooms Swansea 16 rooms from £115Golf - 5 minutes from Clyne and Llangland Bay Golf ClubsWatersports - 360 Beach and Watersports just 15mins away.Scuba course - Ocean Quest Scuba Club nearbyOther Activities - Mumbles Amateur Rowing ClubRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Just a stones throw from the beach, Patricks with Rooms has wonderful views across Mumbles Bay. The restaurant serves modern British dishes with local seafood. The Lounge Bar offers afternoon teas and hearty full English breakfasts. A great base for the family looking to explore the Swansea coast. See More