- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Woodstock
Just eight miles from Oxford's spires and even closer to Blenheim Palace, stately birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, Woodstock is often considered just a convenient stop, but it is a very attractive town in its own right. The best places to stay in Woodstock make ideal bases for exploring the immediate surroundings and venturing further afield to the Cotswolds.
Blenheim Palace was built on a site previously home to Woodstock Palace which was popular with several medieval English kings. Its incarnation as an Italo-Corinthian extravaganza was a gift to the Duke of Marlborough, John Churchill, who defeated the French and Bavarians at Blenheim.
Woodstock also has several notable churches and houses the Oxfordshire Museum in one of its historic houses. Some other historic houses are now some of the best places to stay in Woodstock.
What not to miss:
- Visit the impressive Blenheim Palace and the beautifully manicured gardens.
- Stop by the Oxfordshire Museum and learn about the fascinating history of the area.
- Get out of town and explore the scenic walking trails in the surrounding countryside.
So to secure your booking in one of the best places to stay in Woodstock do plan ahead and book early.
The best places to stay in Woodstock
For a charming stay
The Feathers is a historic 26 room hotel with an award winning restaurant and extensive gin bar. Each of the 21 rooms and five suites has colourful accents and there's a charming garden and courtyard.
For an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton or Birmingham.which all have good connections to Oxford. By train, Oxford provides the principal connections to and from London (Paddington), Bournemouth, Hereford and Worcester, Birmingham, Manchester and further north.
- Best time to visit - Woodstock is a year-round destination with each season offering its own charm, however for the best chance at warm bright days visit during the summer months (May - August).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.