Search the best hotels in Cleveland
A sprawling city on the shores of Lake Erie, Cleveland combines its gritty industrial roots with a cool, modern vibe, striking architecture and trendy shopping. The Ohio city’s lakeside location makes it wonderful for outdoorsy travellers, too. Accommodation options range from charming historic inns to ultra-luxurious hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. The best places to stay in Cleveland are close to the downtown area, or in the lively University Circle.
Marvellous museums abound in Cleveland, with the Great Lakes Science Centre and the Steamship William G Mather Museum perched close to Lake Erie, as well as the I.M. Pei-designed Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where gems include Jimi Hendrix's Stratocaster and Keith Moon's platform shoes. Head towards University Circle for the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. The cultural gardens at Rockefeller Park & Greenhouse are gorgeous. If you’re in town as a family, try the Cedar Point Amusement Park and the Cleveland Aquarium on the River Cuyahoga.
Active travellers can enjoy sailing, kayaking, fishing and boat trips on enormous Lake Erie, whilst more laid-back visitors might simply sunbathe on lovely lakeside beaches in the summer months. The Cuyahoga National Park is brilliant for hiking and biking — there are also routes through the city.
Come evening, catch the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra in concert at Severance Hall, see theatre, opera and ballet at Playhouse Square, or feast at one of the city's many buzzing bars and eateries. A great Ohio city for a weekend break, Cleveland is becoming increasingly popular with visitors from the US and further afield. Book a room at one of the best places to stay in Cleveland to get in on the action!
The Best Places to Stay in Cleveland
For Heritage Charm
- Glidden House is a historic boutique hotel in Cleveland's University Circle. Expect elegant interiors in an imposing red brick building, dating back to 1910. Rooms and suites feature plenty of period touches, there are expansive meeting and wedding spaces, and the location is great for culture buffs looking to see the city's top museums and gardens.
For a Central Stay
- The Schofield is a chic, contemporary hotel set within a downtown landmark. The building's red-brick façade hides quirky, welcoming interiors, with spacious rooms and suites as well as a relaxed restaurant — Betts — offering a fresh take on classic American cuisine.
- Ritz Carlton Cleveland is an imposing urban hotel with a soothing blue and grey palette in sleek rooms and suites promising superb city views. Unwind with a massage, hit the gym whilst the little ones are at the Kids Club, and feast on fabulous fare. A top-flight city hotel for business or leisure.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (11 miles from the city), and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi.
- Alternatively, take an Amtrak train from Washington DC, New York or another major hub.
- Ohio is a wonderful region to explore by road! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for pleasant temperatures. Summers can be particularly busy in the city.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our pick of all the best places to stay in Columbus.
- Broaden your search to include the best places to stay in Ohio.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cleveland
Best Hotels in Cleveland
The Schofield Cleveland 122 rooms from £126City Style - Victorian-era red brick facade on the outside, contemporary decor and modern facilities on the inside.Local exploring - Centrally located in downtown Cleveland, close to several sightsSights nearby - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Playhouse Square theatre district are a moments awayRestaurant - Parkers Downtown restaurant offers American cuisine with a French flair
A historic building renovated tastefully, decorated with natural tones offers comfortable accommodation. Interesting art-works on display, some rooms have private hot tubs and views of the city. In-house restaurant and bar, a chic and lively hotel in the heart of the city. See More
Glidden House Cleveland (Ohio) 60 rooms from £140Local exploring - A perfect location for exploring Ohio's trendiest areas such as Little Italy, Tremont and Ohio citySights nearby - Situated next to Cleveland's beautiful bontanical gardens and a must-visit is Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of FameGreat walks - Enjoy walking through Cleveland Metroparks with stunning sunrises over Lake ErieRestaurant - Palette Lounge offers pizzas, cheese-boards and drinks
An historic, boutique hotel situated in the lively area of the University Circle. Rooms are classically elegant with tasteful antiques. The complimentary breakfast is delicious with a great range of options. Take yourself on a tour of the beautiful artworks that line the hotel. Great for exploring! See More
Ritz Carlton Cleveland Cleveland 206 rooms from £464Business meetings - Highly professional team, glamorous venues, on-site catering & top-of-the-range facilities work for business events of all kindsWeddings - Beautiful venues, including Silver Grille that dates from the 1930s, provide a backdrop for large-scale opulent celebrationsCity Style - Bastion of a five star luxury in the heart of the city with top-class facilitiesRestaurant - Expect a sleek & sophisticated dining & bar experience & modern American cuisine at all-day TURN BAR + KITCHEN
Recently renovated, this chic deluxe urban retreat offers contemporary dining, world-class fitness & incredible lake views. A calming grey & blue palette extends to guest rooms & serene Italian marble bathrooms. Expect polished service & your every need met. A plush base for business or leisure. See More