Search the best hotels in Cleveland
A sprawling city on the shores of Lake Erie, Cleveland has had a makeover in recent years and now combines its manufacturing city grittiness with a modern, cool vibe of striking architecture and hip shops. Plus the big lake on its doorstep means it offers somewhere to relax and chill out too. The best places to stay in Cleveland make the most of this exciting combination.
What Not To Miss
- One unexpected treasure is the I.M. Pei designed Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum which not only traces the music’s movement but contains such gems as Jimi Hendrix's Stratocaster and Keith Moon's platform shoes.
- Art-lovers will make a beeline for the Cleveland Museum of Art, with its comprehensive collection from the Impressionists and surrealists to African and American art, while the Museum of Contemporary Art is as impressive for its design - like a shiny black diamond - as its changing exhibitions.
- Perched on the lakeside, the Great Lakes Science Centre will fascinate everyone whether science buffs or not with exhibits of moonstones and the 1973 Apollo capsule as well as answers to tricky questions such as how does a MRI machine work, and what IS it like to travel through space?
- Next-door is the Steamship William G Mather museum, a giant freighter transformed into a steamship museum.
- Beaches around the lakeside are good for watersports, fishing or just chilling out. Families will also like the Cedar Point Amusement Park and the Cleveland Aquarium on the River Cuyahoga. If you fancy more rugged exercise, there’s the Cuyahoga National Park.
- Come the evening, catch a concert by the acclaimed Cleveland Symphony Orchestra (season August to May) at Severance Hall. Or, for a choice of entertainment, head to Playhouse Square where 10 performance spaces showcase theatre, opera and ballet. For a fun ‘photo op’, head to the 'Free' stamp sculpture by Claes Oldenburg, the world’s largest rubber stamp.
Choosing one of the best places to stay in Cleveland means you will have no shortage of attractions and entertainment within strolling distance.
The best places to stay in Cleveland
For city centre location
- In the heart of the action, The Schofield is an impressive, art-deco building with cool and airy, Scandi-style bedrooms - some with hot tubs - and modern art on the walls. The restaurant serves French-influenced American food plus the hotel also has a 24-hour gym and bicycles to hire.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties, ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, located 18km (11 miles) from Cleveland with flights to cities in both the U.S and further afield including in Canada and Europe.
- Cleveland is on the Amtrak rail lines from major cities including Washington D.C. and New York.
- Alternatively, if you want to rent a car - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
Best time to visit - September to October offers visitors pleasant temperatures away from the very hot summers or freezing winters.
Still not sure?
Browse our list of the best places to stay in Cleveland,
- Widen the net to include all our Ohio recommendations,
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cleveland
Best Hotels in Cleveland
The Schofield Cleveland 122 rooms from £126City Style - Victorian-era red brick facade on the outside, contemporary decor and modern facilities on the inside.Local exploring - Centrally located in downtown Cleveland, close to several sightsSights nearby - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Playhouse Square theatre district are a moments awayLocal markets - In the downtown area, close to interesting market places
A historic building renovated tastefully, decorated with natural tones offers comfortable accommodation. Interesting art-works on display, some rooms have private hot tubs and views of the city. In-house restaurant and bar, a chic and lively hotel in the heart of the city. See More
Glidden House Cleveland (Ohio) 60 rooms from £140Local exploring - A perfect location for exploring Ohio's trendiest areas such as Little Italy, Tremont and Ohio citySights nearby - Situated next to Cleveland's beautiful bontanical gardens and a must-visit is Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of FameGreat walks - Enjoy walking through Cleveland Metroparks with stunning sunrises over Lake ErieFull of character
An historic, boutique hotel situated in the lively area of the University Circle. Rooms are classically elegant with tasteful antiques. The complimentary breakfast is delicious with a great range of options. Take yourself on a tour of the beautiful artworks that line the hotel. Great for exploring! See More