- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Cleveland
A sprawling city on the shores of Lake Erie, Cleveland has had a makeover in recent years and now combines its manufacturing-city grittiness with a modern, cool vibe of striking architecture and hip shops. Plus the big lake on its doorstep means it offers somewhere to relax and chill out, too. The best places to stay in Cleveland make the most of this exciting combination.
What Not To Miss
- One unexpected treasure is the I.M. Pei-designed Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum which not only traces the music’s movement but contains such gems as Jimi Hendrix's Stratocaster and Keith Moon's platform shoes.
- Art-lovers will make a beeline for the Cleveland Museum of Art, with its comprehensive collection from the Impressionists and surrealists to African and American art, while the Museum of Contemporary Art is as impressive for its design - like a shiny black diamond - as its changing exhibitions.
- Perched on the lakeside, the Great Lakes Science Centre will fascinate everyone whether science buffs or not with its moonstones and the 1973 Apollo capsule as well as its answers to tricky questions such as how does a MRI machine work, and what’s it like to travel through space?
- Next-door is the Steamship William G Mather museum, a giant freighter transformed into a steamship museum.
- Beaches around the lakeside are good for watersports, fishing or just chilling out. Families will also like the Cedar Point Amusement Park and the Cleveland Aquarium on the River Cuyahoga. If you fancy more rugged exercise, there’s the Cuyahoga National Park.
- Come the evening, catch a concert by the acclaimed Cleveland Symphony Orchestra (season August to May) at Severance Hall. Or, for a choice of entertainment, head to Playhouse Square where 10 performance spaces showcase theatre, opera and ballet. For a fun ‘photo op’, head to the 'Free' stamp sculpture by Claes Oldenburg, the world’s largest rubber stamp.
Choosing one of the best places to stay in Cleveland means you will have no shortage of attractions and entertainment within strolling distance.
The best places to stay in Cleveland
For city centre location
- In the heart of the action, The Schofield is an impressive, art-deco building with cool and airy, Scandi-style bedrooms - some with hot tubs - and modern art on the walls. The restaurant serves French-influenced American food plus the hotel also has a 24-hour gym and bicycles to hire.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties, ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, located 18km (11 miles) from Cleveland with flights to cities in both the U.S and further afield including in Canada and Europe.
- Cleveland is on the Amtrak rail lines from major cities including Washington D.C. and New York.
- Alternatively, if you want to rent a car - for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - September to October offers visitors pleasant temperatures away from the very hot summers or freezing winters.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Cleveland
The Schofield 122 rooms from $161Cleveland
A historic building renovated tastefully, decorated with natural tones offers comfortable accommodation. Interesting art-works on display, some rooms have private hot tubs and views of the city. In-house restaurant and bar, a chic and lively hotel in the heart of the city.City Style - Victorian-era red brick facade on the outside, contemporary decor and modern facilities on the inside.Local exploring - Centrally located in downtown Cleveland, close to several sightsSights nearby - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Playhouse Square theatre district are a moments awayLocal markets - In the downtown area, close to interesting market places