- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Colorado Springs
About Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs was America’s first destination resort, a place of warm weather, beautiful warm natural springs and inspirational landscape. So as well as relaxing and taking the waters, visitors could ascend majestic summits and marvel at the wonderful colours and shapes of the local sandstone. Choosing the best places to stay in Colorado Springs today depends on your tastes: Mantiou Springs has a New Age vibe, Old Colorado City is where the town was originally founded - in 1860! - or there’s the modern city, which is where you’ll find the best places to stay in Colorado Springs if you’re here for a city break rather than a resort style visit. Once you’re in each of these centres there’s a lot you can reach on foot.
What Not To Miss
- The incredible ridge of ancient red sandstone that is the Garden of Gods, with its impossibly thin looking spires, is just to the north of Old Colorado. There are wonderful walking trails all along the range and there’s also a living history museum and the opportunity to see the park on horseback.
- Pikes Peak, by Manitou Springs is probably more famous, an extraordinarily red peak which reaches 14,110ft. Around half a million people ascend it each year.
- Manitou also has a collection of ancient cliff dwellings, cut out of the red rock of the hills. Then there’s the Cave of the Winds, a developed cavern on the edge a craggy canyon, and of course the mineral springs which first brought this part of Colorado to the attention of travellers.
- Beyond this city’s natural beauty there’s a couple of nice museums, including the US Air Force Academy Museum, a Pioneers Museum, a Natural History Museum, the ProRodeo Hall of Fame and the Museum of the American Cowboy - a mouthful, but it’s fun! and a Money Museum.
- The regular farmers market is on a Monday in Acacia Park and the Cornerstone Arts Centre is worth having a look at, even if there’s not a lot on to interest you.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Colorado are both popular destinations, so if you're planning a trip get organised and book early.
The best places to stay in Colorado Springs
For Manitou Springs
- The Cliff House at Pikes Peak is a Victorian boutique-style hotel in downtown Manitou in the shadows of Pike Peaks. The 54 rooms are spacious and comfortable and there’s a bar and grill open on the weekends.
For a luxurious resort
- In the foothills of the Cheyenne Mountains is The Broadmoor, a luxurious hotel built in 1918. As well as almost eight hundred rooms, The Broadmoor has a golf course, tennis courts, three pools and a spa. There’s also a choice of bars and restaurants.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a charming selection of properties, perfect for relaxing or exploring the dramatic scenery.
- Fly to Colorado Springs Airport located 20km (13 miles) from Colorado Springs with a selection of domestic flights across the U.S. including to Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
- Alternatively, if you want to rent a car to explore the town and dramatic scenery beyond - for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to August are amongst the most popular for making the most of the plethora of outdoor activities available
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Colorado Springs for you?
Best Hotels in Colorado Springs
The Broadmoor 771 rooms from $205Colorado Springs (Colorado)
Within Cheyenne Mountain foothills rests this 1918 luxury hotel with golf course, tennis court, three pools and spa. Large, luxurious rooms with all mod-cons. The top-notch services are throughout especially in the onsite restaurants and bars. Endless activities and adventures for all the family.Sights nearby - 360 degress at Cloud CampCloud Camp sitting at 9,200 feet atop Cheyenne Mountain.Great walks - Cheyenne Mountain has a lot of trails on offer for casual walks.Romantic - Good for couples.Secluded setting - For escaping.
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak 54 rooms from $95Colorado Springs (Colorado)
In the shadows of Pike Peaks is a Victorian architecture boutique older than Colorado. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with modern bathrooms. The Red Mountain Bar and Grill open on Friday and Saturday. Location to Downtown Manitou Springs is fantastic. A magical back-in-time stay.Sights nearby - Open since 1891 the Cog Railway offers a great trip to see the mountains.Great walks - The Manitou Incline is a popular walk to do.Back to Nature - In beautiful Colorado Springs.Full of character